Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) (76174 Views)

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / See The Big Bush Meat I Helped Killed Today / Please I Need A Carpenter Who Can Build This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by maspero22(m): 12:44am On May 21, 2017
chai!! This is nice. Wish i can do something like this some day. God bless u more for remembering them. Nice1
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by StarFlux: 12:49am On May 21, 2017
If everyone did like this guy, there would be no poverty in Nigeria. Instead we have billionaires buying jet airplanes and feeding foreign countries with money instead of giving back to the country that fostered them. Disgusting creatures.

God bless all those who try to make a difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ZeroUnity: 12:50am On May 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfilment today.
Yes...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html
GREATEST IKENGA!! ONYE AGHALA NWA NNE YA.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by teabully(m): 12:56am On May 21, 2017
God bless you sirr
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by banmee(m): 1:06am On May 21, 2017
Evergreen4:
It pays to be good

My problem with all this is, why announce it. Why all the pictures. From experience in Nigeria, people do not show acts of kindness unless there are ulterior motives attached to it. Next thing you'll hear is that he is running for office in his constituency. Need proof? Yobo is a classic example.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ItsTutsi(m): 1:06am On May 21, 2017
Very nice of him,but i still wont return lost money
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by juman(m): 1:16am On May 21, 2017
Carpentry supposed to be very lucrative job if nigeria was a sensible country.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by mansoura(f): 1:21am On May 21, 2017
May God reward u abundantly
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by madjune(m): 1:50am On May 21, 2017
This move is not new.

I tried it with Rita, the girl that worked at this buka in school and always eager to give me free food.

Rita is now married with kids and her husband misunderstood the whole thing.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by edupedia: 1:57am On May 21, 2017
DullardBuhari:
Igbo's are great

...lie,lie...that man na one of the few Nigerians in that area...a good man, definitely not IPOB...Igbos are selfish and 419!...olodo...
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Halifaxguy: 2:01am On May 21, 2017
nkemdi89:
God bless the big man, if my neighbour in 1996 was kind enough to give me biscuit on credit which I wanted to use in feeding my kid brother who was hungry, I would have appreciate her even in her grave. Unfortunately she chased me away and I went back home crying because there was nothing at home and my brother was just a year old. She died mysteriously some years ago and was buried poorly without any ceremony, while she had children even grandchildren, she is from orlu.

I like your height. I di okay
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by uzoexcel(m): 2:52am On May 21, 2017
Good one.God bless you plenty
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Emax(m): 3:10am On May 21, 2017
Isn't it how life suppose to be? But many of us are missing the point using wealth to oppress the poor.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by omoelerin1: 3:57am On May 21, 2017
Igbo and ego. Once they have money they will turn themselves to mini-gods. They like showy and love to be worshipped by people
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Fourwinds: 4:14am On May 21, 2017
God bless you abundantly ... U will never lack... God will continue to protect u and replenish ur pocket....Amen
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Fourwinds: 4:15am On May 21, 2017
omoelerin1:
Igbo and ego. Once they have money they will turn themselves to mini-gods. They like showy and love to be worshipped by people
hope nothing is wrong
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by thunderbabs: 4:57am On May 21, 2017
Wait oo...people, people, people, how many tyms i call una? shocked

If na one celebrity pay back kindness to an old friend like this and post the pics on instagram, una go don tear am to pieces oooo...

Everybody, say to ursef, I am an Hypocrite

I no hear una ooo!!! shocked
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by spencekat(m): 6:14am On May 21, 2017
Barrister Onyebuchi Ememaka,the Northwest bred.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by bsideboii(m): 6:23am On May 21, 2017
This man just made a change in his own little way unlike many of us that expect the government to change every thing.His blessings just tripled its a natural law whether you are a Christian or not.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Mpanyi: 6:23am On May 21, 2017
DullardBuhari:
Igbo's are great
Why. do you want to derail this great thread?
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by proprince(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2017
i am really touched

this is how life should be.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by whizcartel(m): 6:31am On May 21, 2017
Greatest form of giving is anonymous to anonymous. Please stop the publicity stunts.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by erimmy(m): 6:43am On May 21, 2017
Holywizard:
wow. I stayed opposite de carpenters line during my IT days. Adjacent to those shops is an Orthodox church and opposite Is a 3 storey building in which I stayed. Na there be the headquarters of Absu Mafia cult group.
There is a car wash close by.
The carpenters were nice to me. In the evening wen Eva I was bored I'd come down to their shops to watch them play draft board game.
I'm really missing Okigwe town.
Is okigwe in Abia state? because from the post,the man went to school in Abia state university.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Uniquexty(f): 6:48am On May 21, 2017
odimbannamdi:

Padded
Sino
Floxy
Divine favour

Which one? wink

Smiles... That woman was not as popular as this ones. Her corner was almost the extreme of food village. In a day, i might be d only customer she would have and her food tasted like home. At a point she started making food in very small quantity. We became family sha and i think i did d best i could to help. Until she quit (we are still in contact sha) and that ofe akwu woman that came every morning to Abiola hostel stole my hrt.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Elbizzcklinz(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2017
My prayer in life is that whenever God blesses me abundantly, there are 3 persons that i won't forget, those that were of help to me when i was in need, my family, one maduabuchi and my girlfriend who sacrificed her school for me.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by ezewealth(m): 6:52am On May 21, 2017
Well done my follow ikenga
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by greatermax77(m): 7:00am On May 21, 2017
This is wonderful, my prayer is for God to empower you to fufil that promise.
you are blessed
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Odunharry(m): 7:00am On May 21, 2017
My kinda person.
Never forget people who have made an impact in your life.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by OLASUNKONMI(m): 7:04am On May 21, 2017
AM SERIOUSLY TOUCH BY THIS MAN ACTION,INFACT AM SO HAPPY THAT TEARS WERE COMING OUT OF MY EYES.I HOPE TO DO MORE THAN THESE SOON TO PEOPLE I MEET WHEN I WAS COMING UP TOO..................:............YOU SEE THIS TYPE OF STORY IS BETTER THAN SHARING .....#2,500,000 TICKET FOR ONE DRINK IN LONDON....OR #30,000,000 GOLD PLATED WATCH SOMEBODY BOUGHT....

THANKS MAN

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by JJCN: 7:13am On May 21, 2017
Nice gesture...I hope some pple will from dis
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2017
DullardBuhari:
Igbo's are great
please come and say that to Vietnamese soldiers on Tuesday during the firing squad of your Igbo blodaz ... Yea u heard me right. They are gonna fry their asssssssss on Tuesday like the piglins dey are.. cheesy

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by udorwhite(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2017
Meeen! Tears suffused my eyes as I read dis story,bro God will continue to bless u in Jesus name,Amen.
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfilment today.
Yes...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) / See The Pregnant Cobra My Brother Killed Near Their House, With It's Eggs Intact / Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.