Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) (76171 Views)

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / See The Big Bush Meat I Helped Killed Today / Please I Need A Carpenter Who Can Build This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Believe7(m): 7:24am On May 21, 2017
God bless u so much sir..ur kind gesture shall be remembered..more power to ur elbows..
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by udison(m): 7:25am On May 21, 2017
NIGERIANS! Can we just do a good deed without letting the whole world now?
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by sollybaby(f): 7:34am On May 21, 2017
no go promise and fail oo make sure u do it.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by IFoundMBuhari: 7:48am On May 21, 2017
baylord101:
Space booked

Una wey quote me before, Am at home come and beat me.

Bros, come out I wan give you something...

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Memories12411: 8:01am On May 21, 2017
A little kindness helps. Let us not relent in showing kindness, it helps in situations we can't see.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Ishaq319(f): 8:09am On May 21, 2017
I av been shading tears on reading this epistle. The world would av be better with only ur type as a dominants. Emotional feelings I'm
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by solobet9ja(m): 8:15am On May 21, 2017
May God bless u,this is gud to hear.A man with quality mindset.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Humility017(m): 8:15am On May 21, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

U dont hav a good heart!.
All these while when a bad news emerges u will see people shouting igbo igbo igbo..igbo did this igbo did that.
Im sure u even one of the people click like button in those comments... now its a good news and some1 is praising igbo and its paining u.

Today is sunday pray to God to liberate ur soul from hatred. THIS IS NO JOKE!!

I fear for the future with the likes of your kind ridden in tribalism and sectionalism
Nigeria is in this mess today because of these menace of tribalism.... the right people are not placed in the right office because of these cankerworm
our elders did same and now we the youth are toiling same path...
it is so painful we see ourselves as first belonging to our tribe than our nation...as such the reason for primordial sentiments against civic or national sentiments....
a man can steal from the nation treasury and he is so sure his people will back him up ....
it is good we learn to avoid tribalism if we really want a bright and glorious future as youths
you really need to pray for yourself.... because one ridden in tribalism can't love much because tribalism will forbids the Love of God from finding an expression....
God sees no skin color neither does he see tribe but our hearts....
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Siscooh: 8:37am On May 21, 2017
This story is just here to encourage others to show kindness and remember to give back. God's blessings to you for wiping the tears off the eyes of the poor. Tomorrow when your descendants become great for such an act of kindness, we will be wondering why, how. You have done well and finish the work joyfully.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by kendological(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2017
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by kendological(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2017
udison:
NIGERIANS! Can we just do a good deed without letting the whole world now?
Do your own, then let us know.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by kendological(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2017
Humility017:

I fear for the future with the likes of your kind ridden in tribalism and sectionalism
Nigeria is in this mess today because of these menace of tribalism.... the right people are not placed in the right office because of these cankerworm
it is so painful we see ourselves as first belonging to our tribe than our nation...as such the reason for primordial sentiments against civic or national sentiments....
a man can steal from the nation treasury and he is so sure his people will back him up ....
it is good we learn to avoid tribalism if we really want a bright and glorious future as youths
you really need to pray for yourself.... because one ridden in tribalism can't love much because tribalism will forbids the Love of God from finding an expression....

my friend keep quiet
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Nobody: 9:04am On May 21, 2017
adontcare:
It is good to do good. Am just happy now. smiley

bt udontcare
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by DrToche: 9:09am On May 21, 2017
NotOfThis:
So kind of him. These are the types of stories I like to read.
we have something in common... The news put a big smile on my beautiful face

1 Like

Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Obiohai: 9:18am On May 21, 2017
God will bless you bro for this kind gesture. May you live to fulfil your promise
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by rockyh(m): 9:31am On May 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man identified as Onyebuchi Emenanka who graduated years back from Abia State University ABSU has paid a 20-year-old debt to a carpenter who helped his almost twenty years ago... Read what he shared on his Facebook page below few days ago;

PAYING A 20 YEAR OLD DEBT

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone's face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple - to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn't pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much... Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party.

I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets. Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfilment today.
Yes...

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-man-did-for-carpenter-who.html
may God make u fly high like the eagle away from your enemies n av a sharp sight like the eagle to ur success path for ur kind gesture
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Holywizard: 9:32am On May 21, 2017
erimmy:
Is okigwe in Abia state? because from the post,the man went to school in Abia state university.
okigwe is Abia/Imo boundary. Absu was Imo state university b4 Abia state was created. Most Absu students re residing in Okigwe. They enter #60 bus from Okigwe Town to Absu gate
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Holywizard: 9:37am On May 21, 2017
miriamchi:
U mean u lived in that 3 story building?... wow.I also lived there in my final year though.
wow. I worked at West Mall Filling station. My sis was working with Fidelity bank Okigwe b4 she stopped
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Holywizard: 9:39am On May 21, 2017
tabisegroup:

All these ur description of d area is not important ..we are all waiting to hear Wat u will do for them after 20 years ... grin
lol. At least I used to buy fries for them
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by freshinko: 9:49am On May 21, 2017
This man has made my day. This act of kindness is a massive inspiration to many good hearts out there. Oga may God bless you. May he see you through, to the accomplishment of your promise.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Momoh7(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2017
where dat girl dey carry that 2take away go
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by omoelerin1: 9:56am On May 21, 2017
Fourwinds:
hope nothing is wrong
i don't know what wrongs with them
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by freshinko: 10:18am On May 21, 2017
This is how life ought to be. Greatt!! grin grin
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by CaptainGOOD: 10:19am On May 21, 2017
Humility017:

Lol unfortunately im not a tribalist like u.

Ur comment is good but u sound hypocrite to me.
I will take u serious wen i see u quote ur brothers who insult igbos here everyday and caution them to stop.
Can u swear that u dont click like button wen u see those comments undecided. Doesnt that makr u a tribalist too.?
Hypocirtes like u are the problem of the disunity in nigeria today.
They do evil but come out to pretend like they dont.
some1 said "igbos are great" and that becoms a problem to u.. like seriouly undecided
How would that innocent comment offend u ... it has exposed the dark side of u yet u want to sound like a saint. undecided

I will tell u again PRAY TO GOD TODAY TO LIBERATE UR SOUL FROM HATRED..
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by kwankwaso(m): 10:24am On May 21, 2017
Nice gesture
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Elviswhite0007: 11:07am On May 21, 2017
Wow. God bless you Sir. Pls lets just show a little kindness..
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Emeonyerichard(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2017
I no him in persn.. Dee onyebuchi is a boss and he has bin doin great fr others too.. God bless you sir
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by greggng: 11:16am On May 21, 2017
You ve done well my brother. God will give u good health and more wealth tto finance ur promise to ur capenter. I wiish all this gullible nairalanders could emulate u
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by SSBathroomsLtd(m): 11:58am On May 21, 2017
God bless you immensely for this. Its a challenge to us to be good to all now because you never know when the reward will come.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by olaeffect(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2017
God bless you man.
I know some of us can remember vividly every evil that was done to us 10, 20, or even 30yrs ago but find it very hard to remember any good deed anyone has done for us.

my advise play down the evils and hurt in your life; and hype the good. it makes life worth living.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by Humility017(m): 12:39pm On May 21, 2017
CaptainGOOD:

Lol unfortunately im not a tribalist like u.

Ur comment is good but u sound hypocrite to me.
I will take u serious wen i see u quote ur brothers who insult igbos here everyday and caution them to stop.
Can u swear that u dont click like button wen u see those comments undecided. Doesnt that makr u a tribalist too.?
Hypocirtes like u are the problem of the disunity in nigeria today.
They do evil but come out to pretend like they dont.
some1 said "igbos are great" and that becoms a problem to u.. like seriouly undecided
How would that innocent comment offend u ... it has exposed the dark side of u yet u want to sound like a saint. undecided

I will tell u again PRAY TO GOD TODAY TO LIBERATE UR SOUL FROM HATRED..

Lol....unfortunately I am not a Yoruba neither am I an IBO....I am even more closer to the later because I have IBO cousins...
I rarely comment on politics section because of these doldrum of tribalism feasting on the minds of some of the youths...on these platform, unfortunately our political class know this and they keep exploring it every time to milk us dry.

I hate tribalism in all circles... u don't know me at all and there is no need to expose myself to you.
you need prayer more than anyone else because you view everything from the prism of tribalism
...for the love of God to really find expression in u and through you...you've got to let go of tribalism and begin to love same way God loves you.
Re: ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) by fippycbk(m): 12:50pm On May 21, 2017
nkemdi89:
God bless the big man, if my neighbour in 1996 was kind enough to give me biscuit on credit which I wanted to use in feeding my kid brother who was hungry, I would have appreciate her even in her grave. Unfortunately she chased me away and I went back home crying because there was nothing at home and my brother was just a year old. She died mysteriously some years ago and was buried poorly without any ceremony, while she had children even grandchildren, she is from orlu.

You sef get example for everything wey happen for nairaland undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) / See The Pregnant Cobra My Brother Killed Near Their House, With It's Eggs Intact / Cow Shedding Tears After Seeing Knifes They Would Use To Kill Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.