Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman (9803 Views)

What Was Yemi Osinbajo's Role In The Sgt. Rogers/al-mustapha Saga? / Sgt. Rogers A.k.a Mr. Death Now A Crippled Born-again / Day Of Judgement: Sgt. Rogers Crippled In Car Crash - Latest News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by Mekusxyz: 5:40am On Jan 14, 2010
Sgt Rogers crippled in car crash
Written by Abubakar Yakubu & Abubakar Sadiq Isah
Thursday, 14 January 2010 03:01
Abuja University Teaching Hoapital
Leading member of the Abacha-era Strike Force Sergeant Barnabas Jabila, alias Sergeant Rogers, has been crippled from the waist down and has just been discharged from the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada after a vehicle incident that occurred along the Jos-Abuja highway last November, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.
Sergeant Rogers, who is a principal witness in the ongoing trial of Major Hamza Almustapha and four others for the 1996 murder of Alhaja Kudirat Abiola, suffered head and spinal cord injuries in the accident.

There were contradictory accounts of the incident. While sources told Daily Trust that Rogers’ car was rammed by another car along the Jos highway and it somersaulted, his brother told our reporters yesterday that a mechanic who worked on Jabila’s vehicle before the accident failed to tighten the bolts of the back tyre. He said, “While he was on motion within Abuja, the back tyre pulled out and the car somersaulted and crashed in November 2009.” Although Jabila was in hospital for some weeks, family members managed to keep it a secret, until yesterday.

There were also conflicting reports on the severity of Jabila’s injuries. Hospital sources said he suffered serious spinal injuries and is now paralysed from the waist down, but his brother said the family has concluded plans to take Rogers to another hospital to undergo a CT scan because of the pains he complains about in his shoulder region. According to him, the consultant handling his case discharged him yesterday so that he can recover fully at home.

At the accident/ emergency ward unit of the hospital yesterday morning, plain-clothes military intelligence officials carrying guns were seen providing security in the ward where the accident victim was and only close family relations were allowed to see him after going through strict clearance.

From a distance, our reporter sighted Jabila lying down on a hospital bed inside the ward and a nurse said that medical officials in the ward had earlier been warned by intelligence officers not to allow people to go near him or reveal his identity.

Chief Medical Director of the hospital Dr Peter Alabi expressed surprise to learn from our reporters that Rogers was admitted in the hospital. He made several phone calls before confirming Jabila’s admission in the hospital.

The chief medical director declined further questions, while other hospital officials said the accident victim had declared his intention earlier not to speak to anybody outside his immediate family members.
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by hollandis(f): 6:21am On Jan 14, 2010
lol good news ,I hope he never recovers.May Mustapha be crippled and bedridden too.
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by Pifa: 7:13am On Jan 14, 2010
Are we going to see him on the streets of Lagos begging for alms?
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by aieromon(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2010
Karma,yeyy cheesy cheesy
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by Ibime(m): 9:17am On Jan 14, 2010
I thought Sergeant Rogers was in prison. Abi is he driving an automobile around the prison grounds?

If Sgt Rogers is truly a free man, then that says everything we need to know about this failed state called Nigeria.
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by edwin101: 9:32am On Jan 14, 2010
Ibime:

I thought Sergeant Rogers was in prison. Abi is he driving an automobile around the prison grounds?

If Sgt Rogers is truly a free man, then that says everything we need to know about this failed state called Nigeria.

Hes a prosecution witness. i think he had to cut a deal with the prosecution. i guess the evil that men do lives after them. no hiding place for the wicked. grin
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by rethink: 10:13am On Jan 14, 2010
Revenge revenge Revenge, What about mercy mercy mercy. We have tried revenge all this while why not try mercy mercy and love.

1 Like

Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by ElRazur: 10:31am On Jan 14, 2010
rethink:

Revenge revenge Revenge,  What about mercy mercy mercy.  We have tried revenge all this while why not try mercy mercy and love.

I did with the abokis, only for them to have my farm ravaged by their cows

I did with the igbos, only for them to want their own biafra.

I did with the yorubas, only for them to betray me.

I did with Islam, only for it to give me 9/11.

I think it is time I embrace revenge, revenge and more revenge. I shall cause them agony and pain whereever they may be I swear. I found this method to work very well and strike the fear of God into them, grin
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by opokonwa(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2010
Don't think it's time to rejoice over another man's misfortune.
He had already confessed his dark past and exposed the evil regime and had paid dearly by being distanced from the rest of the sane society.

Don;t even think Rogers is still very significant in today's Nigeria
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by chidichris(m): 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2010
Are we going to see him on the streets of Lagos begging for alms?

@pifa,
i call this a display of quality and a bundle of intellegence.
the truth is that no matter how cow purge reach, it can never be as small as a goat.
we have the likes ofthe abachas, alams, bode georges etc who at one point or the other we celebrated their downfall but like u asked, how far have they gone in their downfalls.
nigeria is such a funny country where once u are in, u will remain in their even in ur death.
if we celebrate this misfortune, what happens to all those generals that he was loyal to? they arte still our heros walking tall in our streets.
Re: Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman by chosen04(f): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2010
ElRazur:

I did with the abokis, only for them to have my farm ravaged by their cows

I did with the igbos, only for them to want their own biafra.

I did with the yorubas, only for them to betray me.

I did with Islam, only for it to give me 9/11.

ElRAzur
Whats wrong with the bolded?. Even if others you listed are bad whats wrong with self-determination? *****hope you are not sleeping?*******

(1) (Reply)

INEC Responds To Augustine Alegeh's Allegation On Inconclusive Elections / Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.