Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense (5735 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / "Muhammad Did It. Therefore It Is Not Sinful." / Polygamy Is Not A Sin In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by delishpot: 12:09pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:
Frosbel2, nice one.
Anyone who has read the Bible like I have, would know that Yahweh supports polygamy wholeheartedly.

He also supports slavery and sex slaves whole heartedly too. Inshort, he tells them who to take and who not to take. He told them how to Bleep their slaves and how to treat them after the act. Does that make it right too? You guys just sellect passages that suit your needs. If we decide to implement all the things the Bible permits and those it rejects, do you think Christianity would be what it is today? Jesus even asked slaves to be humble and good to their masters. Does that mean we should start buying people since Jesus did not openly condemn the act?
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by ryom(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2017
"...husband of one wife..."can also be translated " husband of a wife..." which will then mean a single man should not be a deacon/bishop. The Greek word is mia and it can be translated as "a". E.g a boy= one boy. I'm not endorsing polygamy but I thought this should be mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 21, 2017
bennyann:

The problem is you lust after so many women that's why you want to abuse polygamy. Since the time of the old testament men have been made to twists the law to their favour but not now. How can the law be made to favour you because your hearts are hardened?

You are letting your emotion get in the way of logic, first off I have one wife.

Secondly, these so called old testament men who married more than one wife were highly esteemed by God and even one was called a man after God's own heart.

God never called David an adulterer for marrying more than one wife, he called him an adulterer for stealing and sleeping with another man's wife and then making sure the man got killed.

Solomon was not condemned for marrying more than one wife though we can argue he went into excess. Solomon was condemned for marrying women who worshiped idols.

Nobody was condemned throughout the bible for marrying more than one wife , so your argument is extremely fallacious and totally baseless.

You're in charge of your life now so it's your choice.

No wonder many so called Christians have concubines outside because they've been eying polygamy.

All because of sex, sex, sex, sex and sex, you forgot your first love.

The reason why your Christian brothers have many concubines is because they have listened to the wrong advice of so-called pastors who not only mislead them but in many cases prevent them from marrying early and in many cases from marrying the right person.

Your men of god and priests are a different matter, they are the Number 1 Hypocrites worldwide, more so than Imams and Muslims scholars who at least practice what they preach. These your leaders are liars, sexual predators, and perpetrators of sexual perversion.

I know what polygamy does to children and the entire family and I don't want to be part of those that don't want to change that. I care for my unborn children. And any responsible man out there will love his wife as he loves himself, otherwise, he should let the woman have fun too.

Hmm, it depends, there are many dysfunctional monogamous homes with litters of illegitimate children and there are many polygamous homes that are fully functional with children born within the confines of God-sanctioned marriage.

Hypocrites!

Yep, this word hypocrite very precisely defines the behavior of Christians and their mostly useless pastors who preach one thing and do the other.

Hypocrites all of them
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by bennyann: 1:03pm On May 21, 2017
frosbel2:

You are letting your emotion get in the way of logic, first off I have one wife.

Secondly, these so called old testament men who married more than one wife were highly esteemed by God and even one was called a man after God's own heart.

God never called David an adulterer for marrying more than one wife, he called him an adulterer for stealing and sleeping with another man's wife and then making sure the man got killed.

Solomon was not condemned for marrying more than one wife though we can argue he went into excess. Solomon was condemned for marrying women who worshiped idols.

Nobody was condemned throughout the bible for marrying more than one wife , so your argument is extremely fallacious and totally baseless.

The reason why your Christian brothers have many concubines is because they have listened to the wrong advice of so-called pastors who not only mislead them but in many cases prevent them from marrying early and in many cases from marrying the right person.

Your men of god and priests are a different matter, they are the Number 1 Hypocrites worldwide, more so than Imams and Muslims scholars who at least practice what they preach. These your leaders are liars, sexual predators, and perpetrators of sexual perversion.

Hmm, it depends, there are many dysfunctional monogamous homes with litters of illegitimate children and there are many polygamous homes that are fully functional with children born within the confines of God-sanctioned marriage.

Yep, this word hypocrite very precisely defines the behavior of Christians and their mostly useless pastors who preach one thing and do the other.

Hypocrites all of them

Yeah, I think I'm letting my emotions get in the way.

And I never said anyone was condemned but anyone who has the Spirit of God in Him knows the answer to which is more Honourable and desired by God, whether is polygamy or monogamy.

But if Christians are to go by loving our neighbors as ourselves, would anyone like that who loves his wife as himself go for another partner?

Didn't you leave Christianity because of such since you defend polygamy to this extent?
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by raphieMontella: 1:27pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:

He also supports slavery and sex slaves whole heartedly too. Inshort, he tells them who to take and who not to take. He told them how to Bleep their slaves and how to treat them after the act. Does that make it right too? You guys just sellect passages that suit your needs. If we decide to implement all the things the Bible permits and those it rejects, do you think Christianity would be what it is today? Jesus even asked slaves to be humble and good to their masters. Does that mean we should start buying people since Jesus did not openly condemn the act?
He's only doing what the Bible says.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:
Mzlady39, you can visit this thread. If frosbel's thread ain't enough. https://www.nairaland.com/3344178/christian-god-yahweh-supports-polygamyhow

Wow...i finally was able to get a response from you brother Raphie Montella...which I like your name by the way.
Thanks.....but I think I'm good on this topic smiley
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 21, 2017
frosbel2:

grin

I thought so smiley
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Pastafarian: 5:25pm On May 21, 2017
bennyann:

But if Christians are to go by loving our neighbors as ourselves, would anyone like that who loves his wife as himself go for another partner?
this sounds funny

how you mixed neighbour and wife
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 21, 2017
MZLady39:

I thought so smiley

Nope, I seek not another wife, one is more than enough for now ! cheesy
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Jozzy4: 9:32pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

If two can become one flesh.. ..
Give me a comprehensive reason why 3 can also not become one flesh.
Give scriptural reference condemning polygamy for floor members of the church.

The bible said TWO ( the man and his wife ) will become one flesh . NOT three , if the followers of Christ are to practice polygamy Jesus won't have specifically said TWO.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by raphieMontella: 10:43pm On May 21, 2017
Jozzy4:

The bible said TWO ( the man and his wife ) will become one flesh . NOT three , if the followers of Christ are to practice polygamy Jesus won't have specifically said TWO.
Grasping at straws.
That means when Yahweh said in Isaiah something 7 women shall take hold of one man, he means we should marry 7 women.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Jozzy4: 10:50pm On May 21, 2017
raphieMontella:

Grasping at straws.

grin show me the straw in that clear statement? a man will leave his Father and cling to his wife, and the TWO will be one flesh . dont insult intelligence please

That means when Yahweh said in Isaiah something 7 women shall take hold of one man, he means we should marry 7 women.

The verse says nothing about marriage. Wake up
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 12:10am On May 22, 2017
frosbel2:

I knew....lol...was just kidding. Read where you said you were married.
It's good to meet an honest man....in that aspect.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Ubenedictus(m): 2:04am On May 22, 2017
lol, Protestantism has become a heresy birthing anomalies.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 10:02am On May 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
lol, Protestantism has become a heresy birthing anomalies.

First off I am not a protestant or even a Christian for that matter.

That being said, the Roman Catholics cannot talk, they are the 'de la crème' of sexual evil and all the wickedness that is associated with it - worldwide.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by bennyann: 10:07am On May 22, 2017
Pastafarian:

this sounds funny

how you mixed neighbour and wife

grin
Bro, your closest neighbor is your wife now
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Amberon: 4:38pm On May 22, 2017
There are no different sins for pastors and floor members. Sin is sin and God is no respecter of persons. Whatever qualifications or status one has doesn't reduce their punishment for sins when their time runs out.

When God said a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife and become one flesh, was he referring to pastors? No!

However here is a verse below
Titus 1: 6 if a man is blameless , the husband of one wife , having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination.

Anything other than monogamy is adultery.

raphieMontella:

If two can become one flesh.. ..
Give me a comprehensive reason why 3 can also not become one flesh.
Give scriptural reference condemning polygamy for floor members of the church.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2017
frosbel2:

First off I am not a protestant or even a Christian for that matter.

That being said, the Roman Catholics cannot talk, they are the 'de la crème' of sexual evil and all the wickedness that is associated with it - worldwide.

I can see that 'de la hoya' is trying frantically to justify why he should take a 2nd wife. shocked
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2017
frosbel2:

Don't stretch the truth. cool
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by delishpot: 7:12pm On May 22, 2017
raphieMontella:

He's only doing what the Bible says.

I also stated what the Bible said.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by raphieMontella: 6:41am On May 23, 2017
delishpot:

I also stated what the Bible said.
So we are both correct then
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by raphieMontella: 6:57am On May 23, 2017
Amberon:
There are no different sins for pastors and floor members. Sin is sin and God is no respecter of persons. Whatever qualifications or status one has doesn't reduce their punishment for sins when their time runs out.

When God said a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife and become one flesh, was he referring to pastors? No!
Like I said, give me a comprehensive reason why three cannot become one, if two people can become oNe flesh.

However here is a verse below
Titus 1: 6 if a man is blameless , the husband of one wife , having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination.
Why are you this sly?
This passage was talking about elders of the church ...
2 other Bible versions clearly stated elder in where you inputed Man.. .
I attached screenshots of kjv niv and Gnt
Anything other than monogamy is adultery.[quote]I'm still waiting for proof of this. Remember, Yahweh's paddy Moses ,he was polygamous

Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by raphieMontella: 7:01am On May 23, 2017
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by delishpot: 8:41am On May 23, 2017
raphieMontella:

So we are both correct then

So can we start practicing slavery? Since we want to start applying everything they bible excused. We may have to start doing and permitting a lot of things the Bible encouraged.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 8:56am On May 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that 'de la hoya' is trying frantically to justify why he should take a 2nd wife. shocked

Trust me if I had the money and lived in Africa I would marry a second wife cheesy - does that satisfy your religious curiosity Mr. Deeperlife ?
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by zeongeon: 12:32pm On May 23, 2017
if you have testimonies on the supernatural or your interested or you have got unusual questions or topics you want to share or learn about then you may want to join this whatsapp community were we seek to discuss things rarely discussed from divine healing, angelic experiences, Astra projection, personal views /ideologies , restoration etc.. Share your stories, talk about strange but true events and also learn too. Everyone is welcome to join the group be you Christians, Muslims, traditionalist, Atheist, Buddhist etc
use the link below to join
https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/4tmUk0OkFhU9zTGb1Zpq3v
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Amberon: 3:56am On May 25, 2017
Refer me to the bible, not NL.
raphieMontella:
Amberon please visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3344178/christian-god-yahweh-supports-polygamyhow
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Amberon: 4:05am On May 25, 2017
Am I God that said two shall become one? Maybe you need to direct that question to God himself
raphieMontella:

Like I said, give me a comprehensive reason why three cannot become one, if two people can become oNe flesh.

Why are you this sly?
This passage was talking about elders of the church ...
2 other Bible versions clearly stated elder in where you inputed Man.. .
I attached screenshots of kjv niv and Gnt
Oga , I'm not the author of the bible. I didn't add nor subtract anything from that verse. That verse said "Man". And like I told you there are no separate rules for pastors and floor members of a church. A christian is a christian. If God had said floor members marry one wife; you mischievous discord sowers would've come saying the rule is only for floor members and not pastors.

When God said A man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave unto his wife and they two shall become one flesh, was he referring to elders. I understand Christianity isn't for the feeble minded so pls stick with atheism.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by RighteousI: 9:35am On May 25, 2017
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 9:54am On May 25, 2017
RighteousI:
The OP is a homosexual. Only homosexuals write such false topics.

Brainwashed idi0t! cool
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by tintingz(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2017
frosbel2:

So all God's henchmen in the bible married more than one wife and then God decided 2000 years later to make it a sin for anyone else who wants to marry more than one wife ?? grin grin

Thank God I have been de-brainwashed from religious myopia and dogma.

frosbel, you have really changed, are you now an atheist, agnostic, deist?. Know you to be a christian crusader years back.
Re: Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 25, 2017
tintingz:

frosbel, you have really changed, are you now an atheist, agnostic, deist?. Know you to be a christian crusader years back.

Atheist ? Never cheesy

A believer in God and his good laws

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition / The Root Cause Of Your Problem Is Condemnation - Joseph Prince / Why Can't I Allow Her Pass The Night In My Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.