Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People (17029 Views)

Why God Allows This? / Christians, God Is Responsible For Atleast Some Of The Suffering On Earth . / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by bigtt76(f): 8:06am On May 21, 2017
It all depends on what you term or define as 'suffering'. Financially those men are not suffering but you know not what pains and suffering they might be going through internally.

HungerBAD:
Exactly my problem with people like this OP.

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by hysteriabox(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

I am a Christian and i have serious problems with this write up. So you are bringing Biblical Verses to Justify the suffering of people on Earth?are you joking?The Pope and other Church leaders like T.D Jakes, Adeboye, Oyedepo and co that live like Kings, the suffering does not extend to them too?or you have a Bible verse to justify that they should be exempted from the suffering too?

You Biblical Scholars should let us practice Christianity in Peace, and not try to cause confusion with this kind of annoying write ups.

I practically have to say "high five" to your post

We do more damage to our faith by trying to justify just about anything with "where it is written in scripture".
Its terrible damage
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by joshkke(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2017
Op, I see where you are going, and in essence, you are mostly right as to CONSEQUENCE, but not as to CAUSE or even DIVINE PERMISION. Human suffering is a consequence of sin, period. To say GOD allows it or permits it is to imply tacit consent. No, rather, just like planting and reaping is natural law, so sin planted must be reaped to the uttermost. Human suffering actually grieves our loving Heavenly FATHER, but as per natural law sin's fruits must mature fully and be reaped. GOD's purposes will still be served even by suffering for some of the ends you have listed, not in the way of permission, but by way of Divine precedence. All things must work together to work good, which is Divine purpose.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by pepemendy(m): 8:07am On May 21, 2017
this is the reason why I choose to be a deist

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by malvisguy212: 8:07am On May 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I was impressed by all the meaningful posts I read (both theists' and atheists') but this nonsensical post.
so, if your father say, don't steal or you will be punish, and you disobey your father by stealing , and you get punish for this, is it your father fault ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:14am On May 21, 2017
malvisguy212:
so, if your father say, don't steal or you will be punish, and you disobey your father by stealing , and you get punish for this, is it your father fault ?
What has this question got to do with the op?

Common don't be shy, make a point.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Akshow: 8:17am On May 21, 2017
Such an evil God. As human, I can't seat and watch other people suffer. I can't watch children die of terminal diseases, I can't watch children die of hunger, I can't children get abuse both physically and sexually but God apparently has no qualms with that. He is more concerned about punishing those who masturbate and fornicators than protecting children

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by EvangelistNdudi(m): 8:18am On May 21, 2017
Freiden:

Jobs story is just a story...it never really happened just like Lazarus'. Do your findings before you quote me
what you just said cannot be reveal by just 'findings' but through knowledge of God

many people are still finding it difficult to believe that those stories are just stories not what happened

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:18am On May 21, 2017
Thistrendblog:

[s]While we may not be satisfied with what God has revealed about his purposes in suffering, we cannot justifiably say he has not revealed anything about his purposes in suffering.

We may not have the answer we are laboring for, but we do have a wealth of answers that lie in the same field.

Here's an outline of ten reasons identified in God's Word:
1. To remind us that the world is broken and groans for redemption [Romans 8:20-23].

2. To do justice in response to Adam's (and our) sin.

3. To remind us of the severity of the impact of Adam's (and our) sin.

4. To keep us dependent on God [Hebrews 12:6-7].

5. So that we will long more for heaven and less for the world.

6. To make us more like Christ, the suffering servant [Romans 8:29; II Corinthians 1:5, 4:11].

7. To awaken the lost to their need for God [Psalm 119:67, 71].

8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5; Isaiah 61:3].

9. So that Christ will get the glory in being our strength [John 9:3; 2 Corinthians 4:7].

10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].[/s]

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/10-reasons-why-god-allows-suffering-on.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J
Trash
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Wilgrea7(m): 8:20am On May 21, 2017
Thistrendblog:

While we may not be satisfied with what God has revealed about his purposes in suffering, we cannot justifiably say he has not revealed anything about his purposes in suffering.

We may not have the answer we are laboring for, but we do have a wealth of answers that lie in the same field.

1. To remind us that the world is broken and groans for redemption [Romans 8:20-23].
the world is broken because of our actions... we will fix it with our actions... apart from severe cases like war, famine.. don't blame suffering on the world because of lack of redemption... the redemption we need is from people of evil mindset

when did Adam turn to “our".. even if i approach Genesis literally.. so because someone ate an apple the rest of humanity will suffer right? are your pastors suffering? or are there descendants of another adam who didn't eat the apple

refer to point abovr

this is a lie.. how does suffering keep you dependent on God? are the pastors not dependent on God? are the Chinese billionaires dependent on the God you worship?

“and they've sold us a pie in the sky and a sweet by and by after we die.. instead of giving us something sound on the ground while we're still around" ~Dr Khalid Muhammad ~

6. To make us more like Christ, the suffering servant [Romans 8:29; II Corinthians 1:5, 4:11].
your pastors aren't very christ like then

through suffering??... please listen to yourself

8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5; Isaiah 61:3].

9. So that Christ will get the glory in being our strength [John 9:3; 2 Corinthians 4:7].

10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/10-reasons-why-god-allows-suffering-on.html?m=1

refer to points above... suffering is not a criteria for making heaven or being closer to God... this your mindset encourages people to want to remain poor instead of making them get up and change their situation... if anyone wants to be reach.. he/she should be ready to work hard.. you don't get any trophy for being a poor person

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2017
pepemendy:
this is the reason why I choose to be a deist
I'm really considering dat belief system.
Ciz dat is d only belief dat actually absolves God of blame.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 8:26am On May 21, 2017
EvangelistNdudi:
what you just said cannot be reveal by just 'findings' but through knowledge of God

many people are still finding it difficult to believe that those stories are just stories not what happened

Happy Sunday

The problen is most people only know/believe what their pastors tell them. They dont meditate and find meanings to what they read....they dwell only on whatever meaning their pastor gives....NA PASTOR....NA REVEREND....NA PROPHET....WHO AM I TO SAY THE MAN OF GOD IS WRONG.

Its painful to see people reason like this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by greatcid02(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2017
Most of you are just attacking the writer; is that the only part you read there? Why don't you ignore the one you know is not relevant to you and take the rest! I have never seen a Muslim attacking his or her fellow in this platform whenever they post any Islamic write up. Let's wake up and face reality please, don't expect every statement to please you at all time!

May God help us in Jesus Name......Amen![color=#000099][/color]
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by nobleblood: 8:29am On May 21, 2017
realestniggah:
God doesn't exist..stop all this rubbish

when you die you loose consciousness forever.. same thing that happen when you go to bed at night and you have no idea what going on around you. there ain't no heaven or hell

if God really does exist I wonder why he would allow that RCCG female preacher to be murdered while she was preaching his word

y'all should leave religion alone and focus on building this country

How do you know people who die lose consciousness forever. Have you ever been dead before?

Science is still infantile. Can only explain that which it can explain.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Wahala90: 8:30am On May 21, 2017
realestniggah:

when you die you loose consciousness forever.. same thing that happen when you go to bed at night and you have no idea what going on around you. there ain't no heaven or hell

if God really does exist I wonder why he would allow that RCCG female preacher to be murdered while she was preaching his word

A typical fvool.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by benlash: 8:31am On May 21, 2017
7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 2 & 5 Shook Nigeria : This is a concise list of Nigerian clerics that have been embroiled in chilling s*x scandals at different times.
http://mainvibes.com/7-nigerian-pastors-accused-adultery-no-3-6-cases-shook-nigeria/
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by EvangelistNdudi(m): 8:31am On May 21, 2017
Freiden:

....NA PASTOR....NA REVEREND....NA PROPHET....WHO AM I TO SAY THE MAN OF GOD IS WRONG.
Gbam
that is the mentality of majority Christian in this Country
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by matoyeh(m): 8:32am On May 21, 2017
Thistrendblog:

While we may not be satisfied with what God has revealed about his purposes in suffering, we cannot justifiably say he has not revealed anything about his purposes in suffering.

8. To make the bliss of heaven more sweet [Romans 8:18; 1 Peter 4:13; Psalm 126:5;
Isaiah 61:3].

10. And so that, thereby, others see that he is our treasure, and not ourselves [II Corinthians 4:8-9].

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J
do you need help?
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by adelacuna(m): 8:33am On May 21, 2017
OP I really doubt your salvation/christiaity. God doesn't inflict pain on his, it's the work of the devil to make us ignorant to the promises that abound to us in christ
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Alagbada1(m): 8:36am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

The pastors you mentioned above has suffered, bathered and humiliated physically and spiritually before they became who they are today. There commitment and consistency in the journey of Christianity keep them till date. Christianity aside, naturally, nature will not give you anything for free, you need to sacrifice before you reap.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by Nobody: 8:37am On May 21, 2017
ignis:
With all due respect, Op I disagree with your write up.
God does not allow his people to suffer, Christains suffer basically as a result of ignorance.

Hos. 4:6 My people perish for lack of knowledge.

Op, for writting this trash, you are obviously ignorant of the magnificent provisions in the word of God. You need knowledge.

Do you know the true meaning behind that verse?.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by RoyaleR(m): 8:39am On May 21, 2017
This is why one can never understand God or the bible.... there are much contradicting verses in the bible.. Since no one can fully understand the bible there's no need arguing with yourselves because another person will bring up another verse of the bible to counter your argument

Just obey the 10 commandments... it is the summary of the bible

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by victorazy(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

bros u need wisdom to understand. don't compare yourself with these men of God you mentioned because they are "men of God" who are u? mere Christian.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by matrix600(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2017
If suffering wasn't part of God's plan, then how can such a thing ever come into existence?

If he doesn't enjoy watching people/animals suffer, why can't he stop it? Being a supposedly omnipotent god.

Fantasies and make-believe won't take us anywhere..

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by gGGODDd(m): 8:53am On May 21, 2017
realestniggah:

Even when they get bombed, robbed and attackd in churches, they will say "god knows y", even those that died under tb joshua building collapse and those other foolish victims of church building collapse. they will always say "god knows y" White pple has dealt with black so much. this is d highest insanity in the world seeing my pple on sunday mrng carryin a book that endorset slavery of their fathers and their race. its really so bad man, we gotta save Africans!!!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by lakesider(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2017
Suffering is caused by bad government and mental slavery .just like op

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by NCANTaskForce: 8:58am On May 21, 2017
No reason, Believe me, Who must suffer, Must suffer.
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by dsylvo(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2017
OH LORD INCREASE THE SUFFERINGS OF THIS OP FOR THE TEN REASONS HE STATED ABOVE. INCREASE HIS SUFFERINGS EXCEEDINGLY. AND LET D OP SAY A VERY LOUD AMEN

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by kenrish2(m): 9:02am On May 21, 2017
realestniggah:

your situation is worst than op
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by realestniggah: 9:06am On May 21, 2017
kenrish2:
your situation is worst than op

y'all seem to forget that when you are born into this world you had no idea or knowledge about any thing..you forget you are indoctrinated into religion..now that you are grown up and can think for your self you fail to see the flaw in religion and that it is man made
Re: 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People by bencarson007(m): 9:10am On May 21, 2017
HungerBAD:

. Nail on the head

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Why We Go To Church. / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Hell Exists Because God Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.