Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? (6700 Views)

Who Created God? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / My Idea On Who Created God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ElsonMorali: 12:34pm On May 23, 2017
Respect55:

Can u prove that?

Yes, I can.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by PsychopathicG: 11:09pm On May 23, 2017
Respect55:

Let's narrow it down to the God we worship. How did He come to be

I know no God, only leaders. I give them my total loyalty and get financial and spiritual reward with which I build my family's heritage. One day, my family too would produce a son of God, and as he describes his father so shall our subjects believe.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2017
PsychopathicG:

I know no God, only leaders. I give them my total loyalty and get financial and spiritual reward with which I build my family's heritage. One day, my family too would produce a son of God, and as he describes his father so shall our subjects believe.
If u say so
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by oaroloye(m): 3:57pm On May 24, 2017
Respect55:
I don't mean to sound as an atheist but this question has always popped up in my mind every now and then. Now, religious-wise nlanders, help me out.

How Did God Come To Be?

How do you know that He was "created?"

So far as I know, no one has the Knowledge to answer that.

TIME MOVES IN NINE DIRECTIONS: we are familiar with TWO of them:

PAST TO PRESENT, and PRESENT TO FUTURE.

Just because they apply to us, why do you ASSUME that they apply to GOD?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2017
oaroloye:

How do you know that He was "created?"

So far as I know, no one has the Knowledge to answer that.

TIME MOVES IN NINE DIRECTIONS: we are familiar with TWO of them:

PAST TO PRESENT, and PRESENT TO FUTURE.

Just because they apply to us, why do you ASSUME that they apply to GOD?
Why do u assume that they dnt apply to God
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Mmainouel(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2017
Respect55:

It's not meant to be an argument but to enlighten me.
undecided
Respect55:

It's not meant to be an argument but to enlighten me.
.mtchewww
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Mmainouel(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2017
hmmmm....hmmmm....hmmmm....
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by oaroloye(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2017
SHALOM!

Respect55:

Why do u assume that they dnt apply to God

STOP PRETENDING TO BE AN ILLITERATE!

Write correct English, and show a good example to the Youth!

I assume nothing.

If God had a Creator, and it was our business to know, He would have told us.

. DEUTERONOMY 29:29.

29. The Secret (Things belong) unto The LORD our God:
but those things (which are) revealed
(belong) unto us and to our Children for ever,
that we may do all The Words of this Law.

What would you do with the Knowledge of the Identity of God's Creator?

Go worship HIM, instead of GOD?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 11:26am On May 25, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

STOP PRETENDING TO BE AN ILLITERATE!

Write correct English, and show a good example to the Youth!

I assume nothing.

If God had a Creator, and it was our business to know, He would have told us.

. DEUTERONOMY 29:29.

29. The Secret (Things belong) unto The LORD our God:
but those things (which are) revealed
(belong) unto us and to our Children for ever,
that we may do all The Words of this Law.

What would you do with the Knowledge of the Identity of God's Creator?

Go worship HIM, instead of GOD?
Stop pretending to be literate. Even Socrates, once regarded as the wisest man of his time claimed that he knew nutin and craved to know by adopting the act of midwifery. As such, it was counted unto him, wisdom. Asking is nut and has never bn an act of stupidity but pretending that u know even wen u dnt. I dnt even know why u find it hard to understand the original intent of this thread.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2017
Mmainouel:
undecided.mtchewww
Do u need help?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 8:37pm On May 25, 2017
LiberaDeus:

I will first present a small list of failed biblical prophecies
Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendents (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of 1020 Jewish people.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Christians say that this verse is a prophecy of Jesus' birth to a virgin. There are a couple problems with this prophecy...First, virgin in this verse is a mistranslation of the Hebrew word "almah", which actually means "young woman". A young woman is not necessarily a virgin. "Bethulah" would have been the correct word to use if the author meant virgin. Second, nowhere in the New Testament is Jesus referred to as Immanuel.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now an extinct.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.

Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Nineveh was never overthrown. Why? Because God changed his mind in verse 3:10, despite what Malachi 3:6, Numbers 23:19 and Ezekiel 24:14 says about God never changing his mind.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Again, Jesus is never referred to as Emmanuel (Immanuel).

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

There is no passage in the Old Testament that can be attributed to what Jesus is saying here.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.

Matthew 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value.

This prophecy was never spoken by Jeremiah.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Jesus tells the high priest that he would see his second coming. The high priest is long dead, and Jesus hasn't returned yet.

Throughout the New Testament, the end of the world is prophesied as being very near, at hand, to be witnessed by those living at the time. Paul often told the people he preached to that they would be witnesses to Jesus' second coming. They are all long gone.

Let me face your points

The bible never condemned slavery but just regulated it. Show me just one verse in the bible that condemns slavery. I am 100% sure that you wont find it.

Bethulah means virgin and thats the word used in the bible to portray virgin.
OK sir. Sorry I took too long. How's work? I had a little work too myself and mine had a deadline so I had to finish it up. So let's begin from the very first. But before then, note that not all prophesies have BEEN fulfilled. As long as we are still on earth and the world hasn't ended, we can't just tick them off as unfulfilled. But a large number has been fulfilled already. So let's go.
1. Making Abraham's children like the starts in the sky. I personally think this should not be taken literally. God says Abraham's Children (Abraham apparently had only Isaac and Ismael) will be like the starts in the sky. No one tool the "children" part literally, why are we taking the stars in the sky literally? God only meant Abraham would not be able to count his children (descendants) being in Christ, means we are all descendants of Abraham.
2. About the word virgin birth. I explained this before. Almah is not the proper word but can be used also. And it seems the Jewish scholars who translated the Bible to Greek knew what God was talking about. When they translated the old testament to Greek, they used the Greek word for virgin and young woman. This was 200 years before the birth of Jesus.
3. About Damascus being destroyed. Of course this is yet to happen. But I need you to observe recent events in Syria closely.
4. About the Nile drying up. I personally believe this is yet to be fulfilled because the the prophesy talked about a wicked king and the also the Nile DRYING up. But some people talk about the construction of the Aswan Dam and the heavy effect it had on the Nile as fulfillment. But I am personally not buying it.
5. Egypt speaking the Canaanite language. To be fair I don't know much about this. But I promise to do a little research on it later. But is the Canaanite language really extinct? It might have gone through reformation but extinct? I doubt sir. But please educate me if I am wrong.
6. The uncircumcised and unclean being in Jerusalem. I think this talks about the last day when Jerusalem becomes God's own city and Jesus governs the world from it.
7. Egypt being unhabitable. Again, this hasn't been fulfilled. We all have to be patient.
8. Jews being pulled out of their land. Erm, how many times have they been "pulled" out of their land? They have been dominated but pulled out? Of course the fact that that their land is still being fought over till date, isn't that a fulfilment of another prophesy?
9. Nineveh being overthrown. There is a difference between God changing his mind and forgiven a sinful people. If God doesn't forgive then He can't be referred to as Merciful, can He?
10. Matthew wrongfully giving Jeremiah credit for Zachariah's prophesy. This is new to me. But let us look at this critically. Who says Matthew's words was actually referring to Zachariah? Yes they are similar but are they particularly the same? Nope. If we look at Jesus quotation of old testament scriptures, you will notice two things. (1) They were quoted word for word. Just as it was written in the old testament. I mean the exact words were used by Jesus. (2). He always said "it was written". Looking at Matthew, it has already failed both tests. It wasn't quoted word for word and he said, Jeremiah " spoke". Not wrote. Why are these important? Well, Matthew didn't exactly quote Zachariah word for word so it can be argued that he wasn't reffering to that exact verse by Zachariah. Secondly, you won't find that prophesy in Jeremiah because he "spoke" and didn't write. But that's my theory though. I will do a little more search and get back to you.
11. Jesus never being referred to as Emmanuel. Emmanuel means "God with us". Jesus was literally God with us. See? And yes Thomas called Him " God".
12. Jesus called a Nazarene. Again notice the word "spoke"? You do realize that there are lots of quotes spoken by prophets that weren't written down? Because they were meant to be memorized.
13. Jesus speaking a law not in the old testament? I think you should read Numbers 28:9. And before you say they aren't word for word, Jesus wasn't exactly " quoting".
14. Jesus' signs. In Matthew 24:4–31, Jesus is clearly giving a prophecy. He is speaking of future events. Jesus had already told those living during His earthly ministry that the kingdom had been taken from them (Matthew 21:43). Therefore, it is imperative that Matthew 24–25 be seen as dealing with a future time. The generation that Jesus speaks of “not passing” until He returns is a future generation, namely, the people living when the predicted events occur. The word generation refers to the people alive in the future when the events of Matthew 24–25 take place.
15. About the high priest seeing the second coming. The high priest will still see the second coming. Because during the second coming, the dead will rise.
16. Again, they will all be witnesses because the dead will rise.
Again, I showed you the verse from paul about slaves and free people. When Jesus says, love your God and love your neighbor as your self, I think that included slaves as well, ya? And if you are to love slaves, then obviously, they shouldn't be slaves. Another thing you should know is that in Jesus time, the Jews were almost like slaves to the romans. So they themselves didn't have slaves. What they had were people who came to sell their labour for money which was perfectly normal.
Now let me ask you. How about the prophesies that have been fulfilled? Are we just going to tick them off as coincidence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Dead People Truly Appear To The Living / Public Rebuke Of False Prophets / Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.