Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

This Crazy User Did A 2-in-1 Review On Danicas And Avocanoad- Here's Why - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Crazy User Did A 2-in-1 Review On Danicas And Avocanoad- Here's Why (466 Views)

Did A Christmas Makeover On My Site. What Do You Think? / My Simple, Short And Sweet 3-in-1 Review Of Temolad Blog, Tech Corb And Technest / This Young Man Quit Bank Contract Job to Become #1 Financial Blogger in 1 Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Crazy User Did A 2-in-1 Review On Danicas And Avocanoad- Here's Why by Copycracker(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2017
Yes, I know.

I usually do 1 site in every site review, but this one... is just.... Both your sites look the same and have pretty much the same structure.

Okay, before we go on, this review might hurt a bit... or not. Your sites look like they're not done which begs the question- Why did you request for a site review?

But thou requestest a site review, A site review thou shalt get..

I'm going to squish both your sites into this because you basically did the same thing twice... And it doesn't make sense for me to write two reviews on the same freaking thing.

I might drift back from one site to the other in the course of this review, or I might not... I'm just going to go with the flow on this one.

Let's begin:

I. Design And Layout

There's no nice way to say this, but your design is shitty. And layout no dey epp matters either.

You need to change it ASAP.

Right now, it's bland and it's almost saying "Please, click the back button and leave this site" ... For the sake of time and to keep my insanity (yes, you read that right), let's move on:

(i) Your URL

www.danicas.tk

www.avocanoad.tk

What is .tk?

Did you go and get one of those free domain names with free hosting?

Maybe .tk is cool to you, but really you're just safer going with a .com , .edu or something we all understand.

But that's my own opinion. If .tk is working for you right now (which I highly doubt), ignore this point.

Otherwise, go get an actual domain name with actual web hosting.

(ii) Your Site Title

You just retyped your domain name as your site title. I already used the "Shoprite Analogy" in a few previous reviews to explain why this is absolutely unnecessary.

Change that to Danicos or Avocanoad instead of retyping your domain name.

(iii) For the Love of the Tagline!

Where in God's name is your tagline?

Your site title doesn't tell us what your site is about. And then you don't have a tagline. To be honest, both your sites confused me.

No tagline and no obvious sign what your site is about.

If this user wasn't doing a review, he would have bounced... for real.

Get a tagline or create one. End of Discussion.

(iv) Your primary nav menu is too tiny, and also incomplete.

I barely noticed that you have a menu there. Make it more prominent and place it in your header section.

Add categories there, You know, so we know what we can find on your site.

I mean, you have a search bar which is all well and good, but we have no idea what your site does because there is no tagline or anything that tells us "Hi, this is what this site is about".

Not good. At all.

And why the hell do you have Site Map as part of your menu?

Here's a tip- if people need a map to go through your site, then you're doing it wrong.

(v) What the hell is going on in your right side bar?

I don't understand your right side bar at all. Sure, on your avocanoads (what the hell does that mean?) site, you have a subscribe box, but you also have a residue of a magazine from your template, which doesn't make sense.

I'm honestly beginning to think you just wanted to punish me with this review. What I do you now?

I've talked about an easy to follow template for organizing your right side bar in some of my previous reviews, like here - https://www.nairaland.com/3797951/round-2-user-wey-dey

Read through that and use that to rearrange your side bar.

(vii) Your footer section is non existent.

When a user gets to that section, they should either see something that tells them what site they're on or shows them where next to go or both.

When we get to your footer, all we see is the link to Blogger... Who that one epp?

I've attacked many a footers so I'm not going to go into that here. If you need an example of a great footer, take a cue from www.techcrest.com.ng

#OkBye

Uhmm... no we aren't done, let's talk about...

II. Content

I looked at your main content section. The whole box layout is okay. Now, to the issues,

(i) Your headlines

Reading through them made me bored af. I didn't even get what your content was about. For real. I also didn't get the Benefit to Reader.

Here's a rule to follow- If you read your headline, and if you can't, from one glance, say what the benefit to your reader is, neither will they. And they won't read your content because of that.

Use that rule, and comb through all your headlines. Also get this pdf - http://www.copyblogger.com/magnetic-headlines/

It'll help you figure out how to craft better headlines.

(ii) Your Body Content

I literally scanned through your Content. I didn't read a word.

I don't think I'm your target audience, but still you should make the post interesting. So far, it just seems I'm reading some drab newspaper... the types that make me decide I don't want to read newspapers any more.

As a matter of fact, who's your target audience? Because reading through your content is pretty confusing.

I'm having headache... I stop reading.

Don't give your users headache.

I think those two should be enough for you to start on right now.

III. Promotion- I think you should hold off on promoting this site right now because it isn't ready.

IV. Main Issues:

(i) Who's your target audience? You need to figure this out ASAP.
(ii) What niche are you in? Because right now, it looks like you're just writing about any and everything. Stop dulling. Get a niche. Get known for something. Reflect your niche in your tagline.
(iii) Where are your social media buttons? Can't see any anywhere on your site. Not good. Not good at all.
(iv) Where is your call to action? What are you selling? What do you plan to sell?

These are things you need to figure out. ASAP. They'll help guide you as you redesign your site.

Okay, I'm done.

If you're reading this, and you'd like me to review your site, please don't post it here. Post it here- https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get

And if you need to reach me, follow my signature.

Now, lemme go and have brunch.

Appi Uzlin!
Re: This Crazy User Did A 2-in-1 Review On Danicas And Avocanoad- Here's Why by TechPanda(m): 6:19am On Jun 11, 2017
I've Been Readering Your Write Ups All Night.
I Think Am Already Inlove With Them, Or You? (heheh, I Nor Be Homo Sha).
If You Don't Also Mind, Can I Keep In Contact You? Maybe, So Of It Could Rub Off On Me.
Re: This Crazy User Did A 2-in-1 Review On Danicas And Avocanoad- Here's Why by Copycracker(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
That's great... I write most of them on my site now though

And keeping in contact is easy... My contact details are on my site.

TechPanda:
I've Been Readering Your Write Ups All Night.
I Think Am Already Inlove With Them, Or You? (heheh, I Nor Be Homo Sha).
If You Don't Also Mind, Can I Keep In Contact You? Maybe, So Of It Could Rub Off On Me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers, What's The Best Affiliate Marketing Network? / A Favicon Icon Preview & Test Validator Tool For Your Site / Pearstep Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.