Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. - Travel Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. (11895 Views)

Ethiopian Airlines Flight Booking Online / My Experience With Travelstart Nigeria. Don't Be Scammed / Get FREE Real-time Lagos Traffic Info Directly On Your Phone.avoid Mad Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by nonoski: 12:57pm On May 21, 2017
Please which of these two is more reliable for booking of tickets for overseas trip.
I have used Wakanow in the past and they have many physical addresses especially here in Port Harcourt.
But Travelstart has a far lower price but i checked online for reviews of Travelstart and saw quite a number of negative reviews with lots more of positive reviews too.
Same thing for wakanow.

So i decided to ask Nairalanders their experience(s) using any of these travel agencies or is it better dealing with the airlines directly (duh i noticed its more expensive)
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by donrexhibites(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2017
Wakanow is a fraudulent company
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by frankzone: 1:14pm On May 21, 2017
Wakanow does it for me.
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 21, 2017
Following... I have heard about wakanow being fraudulent.... But travelstart too have a very unresponsive customer service

1 Like

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by nonoski: 1:29pm On May 21, 2017
Thanks for the response guys..
Would like to hear real life or hearsay experiences..
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by hardywaltz(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2017
Travelstart will not pick ur calls nor respond to their emails.
The truth is that u should be very very sure of ur intended date of travel.
It's when u want to change ur itinerary that u will see the true color of travel agencies be it wakanow or Travelstart or jumiatravels.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by nonoski: 3:45pm On May 21, 2017
hardywaltz:
Travelstart will not pick ur calls nor respond to their emails.
The truth is that u should be very very sure of ur intended date of travel.
It's when u want to change ur itinerary that u will see the true color of travel agencies be it wakanow or Travelstart or jumiatravels.
I noticed that from most of the complains online.

Please mods DisGuy and Justwise and Seun why was this thread moved to the Travel Ads section.
Nobody is advertising any good here rather to sample opinions from frequent travellers so one can make an informed decision.
Kindly move back to travel section or homepage.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by hotice20: 11:28pm On May 21, 2017
Wakanow any day!

Wakanow all the way for my bookings!
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Adesope01: 11:59am On May 22, 2017
Hmmn. I have heard all sorts about Wakanow and Travelstart BUT I have actually used both.

Travelstart is really cool BUT you can spend years trying to get through to them on phone. Wakanow has the same issue but at least, they call you when you make a booking on their site. I think Wakanow has cheaper flight fares but Travelstart has a better refund policy. So, I would say book with Wakanow if you want the cheapest fare and a much better customer service experience but if you may need a refund in the future, use Travelstart. #Nuffsaid.
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by nonoski: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Adesope01:
Hmmn. I have heard all sorts about Wakanow and Travelstart BUT I have actually used both.

Travelstart is really cool BUT you can spend years trying to get through to them on phone. Wakanow has the same issue but at least, they call you when you make a booking on their site. I think Wakanow has cheaper flight fares but Travelstart has a better refund policy. So, I would say book with Wakanow if you want the cheapest fare and a much better customer service experience but if you may need a refund in the future, use Travelstart. #Nuffsaid.
Travelstart is the worst thing that can ever happen to anybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by GBASKY: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
Wakanow is better .
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by nonoski: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
GBASKY:
Wakanow is better .
U can say that again...
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by GBASKY: 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
YES
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by sholatech(m): 1:48am On Oct 25, 2017
I have two refunds request still pending several months for failed bookings at Wakanow. They got the funds. My card was debited. They didn't book with the Airlines & no refund

1 Like

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by blackaxe78: 1:41am On Jun 14, 2018
sholatech:
I have two refunds request still pending several months for failed bookings at Wakanow. They got the funds. My card was debited. They didn't book with the Airlines & no refund

Dat is serious shocked shocked shocked
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Acube2: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(ibhave the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!!
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Acube2: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
The owner of wakanow has contacted me. The issue is being looked into. I would keep u posted. Great management team though

1 Like

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by newbie2018: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2018
nonoski:
Please which of these two is more reliable for booking of tickets for overseas trip.
I have used Wakanow in the past and they have many physical addresses especially here in Port Harcourt.
But Travelstart has a far lower price but i checked online for reviews of Travelstart and saw quite a number of negative reviews with lots more of positive reviews too.
Same thing for wakanow.

So i decided to ask Nairalanders their experience(s) using any of these travel agencies or is it better dealing with the airlines directly (duh i noticed its more expensive)

patronise Jumia travels
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Saintp(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2018
With all these negative stories, is it not better to book with the airline directly? what are the disadvantages?

Please people who have used Travelstart recently, what is your experience?
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Tommy001: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2018
Try Travelden (travelden.com) they sell at very affordable prices, they follow up on your check-in and arrival, plus if the airline cancels, they will definitely get you refunded. I will recommend them anyday
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Tommy001: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2018
Saintp:
With all these negative stories, is it not better to book with the airline directly? what are the disadvantages?

Please people who have used Travelstart recently, what is your experience?

I won't advise booking with the airline directly, cause local airlines cancel and adjust their schedule a lot, you need someone to be responsible for that and keep you updated, check-in for you and make sure you don't miss your flight or even rebook.

I've had terrible experiences with Nigerian airlines and wakanow(took 6 months to refund), only travel agency I recommend is Travelden
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Tommy001: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2018
Adesope01:

Have you tried Travelden though, just discovered them, they are fantastic
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Nahum777(m): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Tommy001:

I won't advise booking with the airline directly, cause local airlines cancel and adjust their schedule a lot, you need someone to be responsible for that and keep you updated, check-in for you and make sure you don't miss your flight or even rebook.

I've had terrible experiences with Nigerian airlines and wakanow(took 6 months to refund), only travel agency I recommend is Travelden
So I booked a flight with Wakanow and they sent me the PNR and the Ticket number, but whenever I go to the airline's Check in and put the details they say the passenger isn't found. Do I have a reason to panic? The flight is on 6th of next month.
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by MurphyG1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
Acube2:
The owner of wakanow has contacted me. The issue is being looked into. I would keep u posted. Great management team though

How far? How did it go?
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by naijajobspost(m): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
travel start is more reliable. book with travelstart here https://www.travelstart.com.ng?affId=212533

and after booking,request for the amadeus ticket, they will send it to your email, just scroll down and use the checkmytrip link to verify the ticket,on checkmytrip site, thats it.you can book from anywhere in the world,you dont have to be in nigeria.also book hotels
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by MissEny: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
--
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by Twetwi: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2018
Wakanow at it again,

I booked a ticket for a return flight out of London,
Payment was made, payment was confirmed. To cut long story short I called the airline for 72hrs and they kept telling me ticket was queued and will be issued shortly.

6hrs to the flight, I received this email:

We regret to inform you that all effort to issue your ticket on Airfrance proved abortive

We advise that you send an email to refunds@wakanow.com with your payment details and bank account, requesting for refunds

We hope to hear from you soon and we sincerely regret the unfavorable experience

I later called and queried why they couldn't issue ticket when the flight was still available on their booking site. I made additional payment to commesurate for the new price... same thing...VOICE MAIL.

OYA refund so we can buy new ticket..... NO RESPONSE

Passenger was left stranded in london....
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by HighFlyer01: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2019
Its a good question. I would say Travelstart and FlightScanner.com.ng have better customer service and more flight specials.

1 Like

Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by superemmy(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2022
Nahum777:
So I booked a flight with Wakanow and they sent me the PNR and the Ticket number, but whenever I go to the airline's Check in and put the details they say the passenger isn't found. Do I have a reason to panic? The flight is on 6th of next month.

Bro what happened eventually
Re: Travelstart Or Wakanow Which Is More Reliable Or Booking With Airlines Directly. by essentialone(m): 9:36pm On Mar 14, 2023
Travelstart is a complete Fraudster and a very pathetic scammer. Run far away. If you have been lucky to been unhurt. Do not attempt again.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Early US Visa Appointment Date / My visit to Epe Resorts And Spa A Beautiful Getaway Destination in Lagos / All Flight Ticket Enquiries Here...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.