Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce (987 Views)

Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by bluetopaz: 1:25pm On May 21, 2017
My aunt recently got divorced from her husband of 5 years because of constant beating which led her to the hospital several times, neglect of children and some other reasons bothering on fetish..She sued for the divorce, the husband now ex never showed up and the judgement was delivered in her favour.
The main issue on ground is all her personal belongings and things she had to hurriedly leave behind and which the court has said should be released to her are still not with her...reason is the ex has blatantly refused even bragging that if she uses force to come pack her things, she should be prepared for what she sees as he has jazzed the place.
Those properties are very important to her as she cannot possible start from scratch in their purchase....clothes, bags, kitchen stuff and gadgets..she bought them personally and some of her credentials.
Please what is your suggestion and is there anyone who can personally help her get justice as I feel so bad for her

Thanks
Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by Nna17(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2017
She can sue for restitution in small claims court where she can ask the court for an order that her property be returned to her.

According to massachusset's court's website advises that if you want your personal property back, establish in your personal statement that the property belongs to you. In the filing itself or ask specifically for money damages. That means that the court can order your Aunt ex 'hubby' to pay her what the property are worth or return the property to her.

My humble submission.

1 Like

Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by Miradamian: 1:32pm On May 21, 2017
Jazz pass jazz, she should do her own Jazz and go collect her stuff. That might be empty threat, if she is innocent, jazz will not catch her. She should consult her gods to go with her and nothing will do her. Finish

2 Likes

Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by bluetopaz: 1:44pm On May 21, 2017
Miradamian:
Jazz pass jazz, she should do her own Jazz and go collect her stuff. That might be empty threat, if she is innocent, jazz will not catch her. She should consult her gods to go with her and nothing will do her. Finish

I don't think its really about the jazz fear, she was talking about using policemen after all she has the court order.
My issue is the ex is just wickedly holding on to her things...he obviously doesn't need them. He even sold her car from what she gathered.
Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by Eketem: 3:02pm On May 21, 2017
Nonsense juju.

Go to the Police with a court order or simply with two strong men and pick her things.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by sisisioge: 4:12pm On May 21, 2017
Report at the police station. The Ex is defiling the court's ruling thus liable. Go report. Na him go use him hand pack those things come. Oyiinara oshii.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 21, 2017
Hmmm. Juju supersedes court judgment be dat. It can be a line of business abroad o. To open a babalawo shop and control the whites in their divorce court and keep them confused
Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by dangotesmummy: 8:22am On May 22, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Hmmm. Juju supersedes court judgment be dat. It can be a line of business abroad o. To open a babalawo shop and control the whites in their divorce court and keep them confused
which yeye juju,which moda fokeen juju.the man dey use juju scare hayaj her.make she go there with better police and hot prayer warrior pastors

Meanwhile she still needs to go back to court to accuse him of theft since he has refused to release her properties this is a clear case of bullying and spite.na ego dey worry am.
Re: He Has Refused Releasing Her Personal Properties After Divorce by dangotesmummy: 8:23am On May 22, 2017
sisisioge:
Report at the police station. The Ex is defiling the court's ruling thus liable. Go report. Na him go use him hand pack those things come. Oyiinara oshii.
exactly. She can even level another accusations of theft and threat to life

(1) (Reply)

Seven Things You Should Give Your Spouse Daily / Did I Cause This Persons Death? / Chinese Man Spotted Praying At Eid Ground Under Security In Plateau State.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.