Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry (680 Views)

Prophet Samuel Kayode Abiara To Remarry At 75 / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / Why Do Christian Create Fear By Sending This Kind Of Message? (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 21, 2017
I've heard a buzz about this as I think people
have different interpretations of the Bible... Me and
someone got talking and this person has been
divorced/ single for many years,Goes out with
women, flirts, etc.
But, believes that he cannot remarry until his ex-
wife passes away. undecided
I've heard of it, and its not my first time meeting
someone that actually practices it. Some
Christians even thinks he's an odd bird for doing
so probably because there's so many Christians
that do remarry and don't believe in what he
believes.

Do you think its right ? let's discuss

lalaaticlala mynd44 cool
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
Mtchewwwww!!

Brb for proper comment!!
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by bennyann: 2:37pm On May 21, 2017
He flirts and you're asking if he is right? undecided Now why should I blame or argue with frosbel2...
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Canzone: 3:05pm On May 21, 2017
Marriage is a bond of love which binds those who agree to enter it the formal way, both Christians and non Christians. As a matter of fact by natural law, man and woman are expected to remain together till death part them. This emanates from the promise of fidelity they exchanged with one another without cohesion. If they wouldn't hold that they are required to free themselves from those promises they made to each other by whatever means: Civil way - divorce by a competent court of law; Catholic way - annulment or dissolution by competent authority or tribunal; traditional way - return of the bride price by which ever process adaptable to each tradition
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Lalas247(f): 8:47pm On May 21, 2017
If it is not wriitten in black and white in the Bible

Then its bs grin
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 21, 2017
Okay.. He that put away his wife and marries another one commits adultery, and he that marries he that has been put away commits adultery, that's the reason, except it's on infidelity cases. So watch, don't just marry, marry someone you are ready to forgive, marry someone you are ready to love forever. He flirts because nature tells on him, and he can't hold his body, thereby committing sin again. That's why divorce is not good, if you think you are going to be happy divorcing your spouse, you should rethink and try to reconcile things together. Men are meant to love and groom their wives, women are meant to obey and respect the authority of their husband but today devil has infiltrate many homes, couples do has they wish and before you know it, divorce comes in, and break the home apart. May God save us from the tactics of darkness upon our homes, Amen.

Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by lepasharon(f): 6:35am On May 22, 2017
Lol, why do Christians get divorced the same rate as Atheist? despite marrying b4 gad?!
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Amberon: 7:08am On May 22, 2017
What's gad?
lepasharon:
Lol, why do Christians get divorced the same rate as Atheist? despite marrying b4 gad?!
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Pastafarian: 7:41am On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
What's gad?
your imaginary friend
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Akiintom: 7:51am On May 22, 2017
lepasharon:
The Holy Spirit got angry, because they practiced non missionary style during digging.

The spirit of separation then possess them!

FSM just told me now! Thank you pasta!
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Amberon: 4:15pm On May 22, 2017
When you do not respect yourself, you get insulted and cry that Christians are abusive.
Pastafarian:

your imaginary friend
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Pastafarian: 4:18pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
When you do not respect yourself, you get insulted and cry that Christians are abusive.

I cry that someone is abusive show me one such time that I cried, lol I'm one of those that ignores insults, they bounce off me like inflated balloons
Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 22, 2017
First off, anybody can marry another wife as far as she is not the wife of another man. The meaning of adultery has been skewed and misinterpreted in many Christian circles to mean that once divorced one must stay single FOREVER. It's funny because the same pastors who preach this doctrine screw little boys and flirt with anything wearing skirts, yet they confine their members to a life of perpetual misery.

Abeg, if you are divorced and there is no hope of reconciliation, look for a good woman and marry !!!

For example when Deeperlife Pastor Kumuyi's wife died he wasted no time in marrying another woman to curb his loneliness and have a partner in the ministry, yet he decrees that his members who are divorced remain lonely and miserable forever, WHAT GLARING HYPOCRISY.

See ya

Re: Why Do Christian Divorce And Not Remarry by Amberon: 4:46pm On May 22, 2017
By you I meant atheists.
Pastafarian:

I cry that someone is abusive show me one such time that I cried, lol I'm one of those that ignores insults, they bounce off me like inflated balloons

Why I Pray For Women Unclad, Shave Their Pubic Hair – Ondo Pastor / Atheist Could You Tell What Your Understanding Of God Is / Nigerian Church Where Members Knee Down & Pastor Stands On Them To Preach(pics)