Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them (35345 Views)

Gemstones Investment Opportunity In Nigeria / The Multi Billion Dollar International Trade In Gemstones / Gemstones On Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2017
MAJOR GEMSTONES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR SOURCES:

1. TOURMALINE:
Tourmaline is the most popular, most colorful and most available gemstone in Nigeria. Nigerian’s Tourmaline is of wide variety of colors: red, pink, green, blue, white, bi-color, tri-color, watermelon, and Paraiba Tourmaline etc.
Sources: Nasarawa State (Keffi, Saura, Anngwan Mayo, Garaku, Gidan Kadiri, Anngwan Tudu, Anngwan Doka, Kokona, Jaammar, Anngwan Lele, Nike, etc.) Oyo State (Idoko, Komu, Itasa, Budo Are etc.), Kaduna Satate (Kagarko, Gidan Waya etc.), Kwara State (Lemo Ndeji, Ora, Oro etc). Kogi, Taraba, Bauchi and Osun States.

2. SAPPHIRE:
Sapphire is the most precious, valuable and costly blue Gemstone. Nigeria’s Sapphires are of top grade quality, colors and can fetch up to $10,000 per gram in the International market. (Un-polished).
Sources: Mambila Plateau in Taraba State, Kaduna State (Antah, Nisama, Gidan waya) Bogoro in Bauchi State, Bokkos in Plateau State, and Gunda in Yobe State. The quality ranges from rich indigo blue, fine pencil-shaped crystals with rich blue color to pale green and colorless varieties.

3. AQUAMARINE:
Aquamarine is the green-blue to blue variety of the mineral beryl. Nigeria has large deposit of Aquamarine of top grade quality which commands high price in the International market
Sources: Akwanga, Nasarawa, Jenta, Igwo, Agwada in Nasarawa State. Ibadan in Oyo State; Ijebu Igbo and Igbo Ora in Ogun State; Okene and Isanlu in Kogi state and many parts of Jos Plateau State.

4. EMERALD:
Emerald, the bright green Gem of the beryl mineral family is another Gem found in large quantity in Nigeria.
Sources: Gwantu in Kaduna State and Nasarawa Egon in Nasarawa State.

TO BUY YOUR NIGERIAN CRYSTALS AND GEMS FOR YOUR ENERGY HEALINGS AND USES, VISIT: http://gemstonenews247..com/
5. GARNET:
Garnet of different varieties has been found in different part of Nigeria. Rhodolite Garnet is minded extensively around Jos-Bauchi axis. A recent find of Sperssatite Garnet in the Komu area of Oyo State has produced very good gems with colors varying from deep red through orange-brown to orange colors. There has been a report of green tsavorite Garnet in the mix, which was thought to be Tourmaline.

6. ZIRCON:
Zircon is another Gem material commonly found in the tin fields of the Jos Plateau. The stones come in colorless, brown, red, pink, yellow, and white colors, and are usually very clean. It is available in commercial quantities in Antah and Nisama in Kaduna State. Beautiful crystals of Kunzite Zircons have been found in Komu mines in Oyo State. Nigeria’s Zircons respond to heat treatment producing very attractive colors. It can be used in place of Diamond because of its hardness and color.

7. TOPAZ:
Topaz is a well-known Gemstone sold in a wide variety of attractive colors, but the most available colors in Nigeria are the white and blue colors. Nigeria is one of the major sources of white Topaz to the International Gem Market. White Topaz is so abundant in Nigeria that it can be sourced in tons. There are large deposits of Topaz in Jenta and Akwanga in Nasarawa State, Jos in Plateau State, Koi in the Nok area and in many parts of Bauchi and Oyo States. etc. Nigeria's Topaz is also used as a substitute to Diamond because of the sharp color.

8. AMETHYST:
Amethyst is the most popular purple Gem. Nigeria’s Amethyst is of very high quality and occurs in large quantities. Amethyst is being mined in Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Oyo, Nasawara etc.

9. OTHERS:
Other gemstones found in Nigeria are Ruby, Arget, Opal, Tanzanite, Morganite, Goshenite, Heliodort, and Kunzite. These gemstones are still being researched to determine reserve estimates. Claims of the existence of Diamond is also being investigated.
For your Seven Easy Steps Training on HOW TO START GEMSTONE BUSINESS, visit: http://gemstonenews247..com/p/books.html

To buy Nigerian Crystals and Gemstones, visit NATURAL GEMSTONE CRYSTALS' STORE on Konga.com
OR GO TO http://gemstonenews247..com/p/books.html

SOURCE:
http://gemstonenews247..com.ng/

JOIN CRYSTALS & GEMS FACEBOOK GROUP HERE: https://web./CrystalsAndGems24/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by IdeyFindWife: 3:21pm On May 21, 2017
All cool

Going into my business ideas bucket-list except that Sapphire on Mambila Plateau

That is so "Not-Cool" even Bubu ran from visiting that damned place for Pete's Sake!
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2017
You can mine in KD. There are fine Sapphires found in Antah and Nisama in Kaduna State.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kestolove95(m): 3:27pm On May 21, 2017
I love dat Asrifah on dat man fingers
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kestolove95(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2017
nd our useless government no go allow us rest with oil....but wait...no ipob state get any mineral?...u for even add coal...so we fit remember enugu
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2017
kestolove95:
nd our useless government no go allow us rest with oil....but wait...no ipob state get any mineral?...

Most of the gemstones are found in Northern states, though the Government is fixated on Oil
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2017
kestolove95:
I love dat Asrifah on dat man fingers

Thank you. His name is Alhaji Usman Bala. I will inform him
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by aubventure: 1:46am On May 22, 2017
kudosamass:
MAJOR GEMSTONES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR SOURCES:

1. TOURMALINE:
Tourmaline is the most popular, most colorful and most available gemstone in Nigeria. Nigerian’s Tourmaline is of wide variety of colors: red, pink, green, blue, white, bi-color, tri-color, watermelon, and Paraiba Tourmaline etc.
Sources: Nasarawa State (Keffi, Saura, Anngwan Mayo, Garaku, Gidan Kadiri, Anngwan Tudu, pAnngwan Doka, Kokona, Jaammar, Anngwan Lele, Nike, etc.) Oyo State (Idoko, Komu, Itasa, Budo Are etc.), Kaduna Satate (Kagarko, Gidan Waya etc.), Kwara State (Lemo Ndeji, Ora, Oro etc). Kogi, Taraba, Bauchi and Osun States.

2. SAPPHIRE:
Sapphire is the most precious, valuable and costly blue Gemstone. Nigeria’s Sapphires are of top grade quality, colors and can fetch up to $10,000 per gram in the International market. (Un-polished).
Sources: Mambila Plateau in Taraba State, Kaduna State (Antah, Nisama, Gidan waya) Bogoro in Bauchi State, Bokkos in Plateau State, and Gunda in Yobe State. The quality ranges from rich indigo blue, fine pencil-shaped crystals with rich blue color to pale green and colorless varieties.

3. AQUAMARINE:
Aquamarine is the green-blue to blue variety of the mineral beryl. Nigeria has large deposit of Aquamarine of top grade quality which commands high price in the International market
Sources: Akwanga, Nasarawa, Jenta, Igwo, Agwada in Nasarawa State. Ibadan in Oyo State; Ijebu Igbo and Igbo Ora in Ogun State; Okene and Isanlu in Kogi state and many parts of Jos Plateau State.

4. EMERALD:
Emerald, the bright green Gem of the beryl mineral family is another Gem found in large quantity in Nigeria.
Sources: Gwantu in Kaduna State and Nasarawa Egon in Nasarawa State.

5. GARNET:
Garnet of different varieties has been found in different part of Nigeria. Rhodolite Garnet is minded extensively around Jos-Bauchi axis. A recent find of Sperssatite Garnet in the Komu area of Oyo State has produced very good gems with colors varying from deep red through orange-brown to orange colors. There has been a report of green tsavorite Garnet in the mix, which was thought to be Tourmaline.

6. ZIRCON:
Zircon is another Gem material commonly found in the tin fields of the Jos Plateau. The stones come in colorless, brown, red, pink, yellow, and white colors, and are usually very clean. It is available in commercial quantities in Antah and Nisama in Kaduna State. Beautiful crystals of Kunzite Zircons have been found in Komu mines in Oyo State. Nigeria’s Zircons respond to heat treatment producing very attractive colors. It can be used in place of Diamond because of its hardness and color.

7. TOPAZ:
Topaz is a well-known Gemstone sold in a wide variety of attractive colors, but the most available colors in Nigeria are the white and blue colors. Nigeria is one of the major sources of white Topaz to the International Gem Market. White Topaz is so abundant in Nigeria that it can be sourced in tons. There are large deposits of Topaz in Jenta and Akwanga in Nasarawa State, Jos in Plateau State, Koi in the Nok area and in many parts of Bauchi and Oyo States. etc. Nigeria's Topaz is also used as a substitute to Diamond because of the sharp color.

8. AMETHYST:
Amethyst is the most popular purple Gem. Nigeria’s Amethyst is of very high quality and occurs in large quantities. Amethyst is being mined in Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Oyo, Nasawara etc.

9. OTHERS:
Other gemstones found in Nigeria are Ruby, Arget, Opal, Tanzanite, Morganite, Goshenite, Heliodort, and Kunzite. These gemstones are still being researched to determine reserve estimates. Claims of the existence of Diamond is also being investigated.

SOURCE:
http://gemstonenews247..com.ng/

Please do you have contact of a ruby minner
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 5:25am On May 22, 2017
aubventure:

Please do you have contact of a ruby minner

The old man who taught me Gemstone Mining is a Rubby Miner. He is in Mambila now mining Sapphire, but I will contact him for you. Inbox me here

1 Like

Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by aubventure: 9:13am On May 29, 2017
I have sent you a mail, please reply it
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by aubventure: 9:15am On May 29, 2017
[quote author=kudosamass post=56753709]

The old man who taught me Gemstone Mining is a Rubby Miner. He is in Mambila now mining Sapphire, but I will contact him for you. Inbox me here [/quote

I have sent you a mail, reply it
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by Papertrail11(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2017
I would love to branch into this declared I treat 2013 but it just died would try and get into the game BTW between mining cutting and dealing which pays?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2017
Papertrail11:
I would love to branch into this declared I treat 2013 but it just died would try and get into the game BTW between mining cutting and dealing which pays?

All pays depending on you. Mining takes time to mature. You need to learn new skills to be able to cut Gemstones. You must also go through the learning curves to deal on Gems.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 8:04am On May 30, 2017
[quote author=aubventure post=56980554][/quote]
I have replied you.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by samuel25(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2017
is there anybody on this platform that based in Oyo state who is ready to carry me along (train or teach) in this business of gemstones
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2017
samuel25:
is there anybody on this platform that based in Oyo state who is ready to carry me along (train or teach) in this business of gemstones

I can train you anywhere in Nigeria. Oyo is a very good place to start. There is many Miners in Ibadan and environs. It is only Keffi and Jos that can compete with Oyo in terms of Mining activities in Nigeria.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by samuel25(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
kudosamass:

I can train you anywhere in Nigeria. Oyo is a very good place to start. There is many Miners in Ibadan and environs. It is only Keffi and Jos that can compete with Oyo in terms of Mining activities in Nigeria.
l know nothing about gemstones, but am interested in its buying and selling . pls how can we start.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 11:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
samuel25:

l know nothing about gemstones, but am interested in its buying and selling . pls how can we start.
You start by registering a Company and obtaining an Export License. If you need me to do it for you, inbox me here.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by babkol: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
Pls i want to know more, babkol07@gmail.com
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by joinnow: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
Some years ago went to a colleague wedding at bauchi. In the morning went outside and saw blue and green shining stones. I was like
shocked

1 Like

Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
joinnow:
Some years ago went to a colleague wedding at bauchi. In the morning went outside and saw blue and green shining stones. I was like
shocked
Those blue shining stones might be Sapphire
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by joinnow: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
kudosamass:

Those blue shining stones might be Sapphire
Question for You
Can one just travel back with only backpack and start hunting for this gem stone.
Hope the villagers no go just vex?
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by joinnow: 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
kudosamass:

The old man who taught me Gemstone Mining is a Rubby Miner. He is in Mambila now mining Sapphire, but I will contact him for you. Inbox me here
I have also been in mambila tp be precise Gembu
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by kudosamass(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
joinnow:

Question for You
Can one just travel back with only backpack and start hunting for this gem stone.
Hope the villagers no go just vex?
You must go with high wired diplomacy and some cash in your pocket.
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by joinnow: 7:14am On Jun 05, 2017
kudosamass:

You must go with high wired diplomacy and some cash in your pocket.
Ok thanks
Possibly go with hausa interpreter also
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by gadpeter(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
kudosamass:

You start by registering a Company and obtaining an Export License. If you need me to do it for you, inbox me here.

my name is peter and would very much like to further this discussion with you sir
my nail is uzonduojimma@gmail.com
contact 08116290915
please respond
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by aubventure: 11:03am On Jun 07, 2017
kudosamass:

I have replied you.

I didn't get it
Pls send me mail on businessdeals135@gmaildotcom
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by NSANDAN: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2017
Sale diamonds Cameroon (Facebook) +23797875727 WhatsApp
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by NSANDAN: 10:18am On Aug 13, 2017
WE ARE GEMSTON SUPPLIER FROM CAMEROON
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by NSANDAN: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2017
CALL +237697875727 whatsap if your diamond stones from cameroon.
Nsandan
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by NSANDAN: 10:22am On Aug 13, 2017
Sale diamond Cameroon +237697875727 WhatsApp
Re: Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them by czarina(f): 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello all, the security man at the place I work (Jos Plateau) found some stones...would appreciate any help with identification... Let me know and I'll upload the photos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GHWx: Stranded Participants Threaten Suicide (Screen Shots) / Suggestions Needed On Where To Invest N11million For 17months / MenzGold: 15 Persons Die As Ponzi Scheme Crashes In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.