Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Poem: Dim Light By Awolesi Kehinde Sunkanmi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem: Dim Light By Awolesi Kehinde Sunkanmi (383 Views)

Never Look A Nigerian In The Eye (an Essay) By Badiru Kehinde / Lead Me To The Light By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / A Different Christmas - By Badiru Kehinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Dim Light By Awolesi Kehinde Sunkanmi by omohjesu(m): 3:01pm On May 21, 2017
Dim light
I was in sin, I kept lurking in sin, helpless, no one around, I was so far away no one could hear me. I was in complete darkness then I saw this dim light from afar. But guess what I was so eaten up by the darkness that I neglected the dim light.
This was because I often see them but they leave and give up on me so easily. Days passed by, now months and i noticed the dim light was still there.
I decided to give this dim light a chance, I began my journey and I was going closer to this dim light, i heard screams, I faced obstacles but I never gave up because I was bent on knowing the origin of the light. I wanted to the light more.
The test was long and tough but I overcame because I had a purpose. I finally got to the dim light and I tried touching it because I was awed by its beauty even though it was dim,i smiled and showed it care and love and it kept glowing but now much brighter and brighter.
The darkness around was rolling over, it was vanishing, I dedicated more time this time the light had eaten up the darkness and I could see the beauty of life for the very first time.
I never fight once in my entire seen much glory tho this extent, the sweet scents of the flowers, the air was so sweet add it filled my nose.
I never wanted to see this alone so I went in search of other people in sin and darkness and I was their dim light and though Christ in me their beauty was revealed.
Who are you a dim light to?

(1) (Reply)

New Love Poem: Dear Dove(a Poem Of Love) / Mods Take Note / How To Best Achieve Success Through Mental Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.