Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) (43034 Views)

Henry Chukwuemeka, Taxify Driver Sues Dorcas Shola Fapson For N5M / Lady Reaches Out To A Poor Old Man After Seeing His Picture On Facebook. Photos / Taxi Man Welcomes 'chinese' Baby With Wife Who Works In A Chinese Company (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 21, 2017
Nigerians have always responded well to technology and we are a part of the increasing progress of technology in the world, whether it has to do with being an employee at a major tech giant in the world or maybe just doing something innovative on social media.

Some young Nigerians have gone so far that they are part of those people who make big decision at tech giants and they have become well known and respected all over the world.

Chukwuemeka Afigbo is a hardworking Nigerian man who works at Facebook as the Strategic Product Partnerships for Facebook in the Sub-Saharan Africa

https://gossip.naij.com/1105837-meet-talented-nigerian-man-chukwuemeka-afigbo-works-facebook-photos.html

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 21, 2017
You may think Afigbo got the opportunity to work at one of the biggest technology companies in the world because he was just lucky or maybe because he did not grow up in Nigeria.

Before he became the Chukwuemeka Afigbo that we all know and admire, Afigbo’s education was like every other Nigerian, he went to Command Secondary School Abakaliki, Ebonyi state and Government Secondary School Owerri, Imo state.

In 1997, he went ahead to study Electrical Engineering in the University of Nigeria, NSUKKA, Enugu state and graduated in 2002. He later went to Carleton University, Canada in 2006 for his Masters degree in Engineering and Technology Innovations.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 21, 2017
Not long after he finished his Masters in 2008, Google noticed his talents and gave him a job as the Program Manager of Developer Relations in 2011. At Google, Afigbo worked to develop the Sub Saharan African (SSA) technology ecosystem.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 21, 2017
While at Google, the genius developed a project called ‘Kesa’. Because internet is unreliable and expensive in SSA, the project helped to provide access to content developers around the region.

Even with all his success in the industry all Afigbo thinks about is how to develop technology in Nigeria, during an interview with, Lawerence Moroney, Google Developer Advocate, Afigbo expressed that he got the name Kesa from an Igbo word which means distribute.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 21, 2017
The tech genius started working for Facebook in 2015 and since working there till now he has focused his work on helping developers in Africa and the Middle East to succeed.

All Afigbo has ever done is to make Nigeria and the whole of Africa grow in technology, he also played a huge part in Mark Zuckerberg’s visit to Nigeria in 2016.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 21, 2017
Afigbo is not a genius who is all work and no play, he is also a family man, he got married to his wife, Chioma Afigbo, in April, 2013 and they have a beautiful son together Obichukwu Afigbo.

keep flying and make Nigeria proud

Mynd44
lalasticlala

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 5:36pm On May 21, 2017
Quite impressive.

More of this, less of drugs.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:
Quite impressive.

More of this, less of drugs.

I think if them Afonjas can leave people's head on their bodies... We might have the next genius in Africa like Bill Gates wink wink

246 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Badgers14: 5:55pm On May 21, 2017
NCAN south west chapter.

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 21, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I think if them Afonjas can leave people's head on their bodies... We might have the next genius in Africa like Bill Gates wink wink

Really?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 7:54pm On May 21, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 21, 2017
IAm sure this reasonable guy will NEVER support IPOB

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by SexyNairalander: 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
booked

continue to make us proud irrespective of your tribe. . .we are one nigeria

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Nkem4040: 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
Afonjas now

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
Nice, wish him more success
Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by ephi123(f): 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
At least he lives in a country where he can fulfill his dreams.

Can't say the same for many Nigerians right now unfortunately.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by MasterChen: 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
Nkem4040:
Afonjas now

Laurence Aderemi, Morin Oluwole, Teniola Adedipe, Ibrahim Shekoni, Olaoluwa Okelola, Kunbi Adeyemo, Michael Awotedu, Dayo Olopade are just few of the many Yorubas working with Facebook so cover your small dixxx. We aren't mates.

Besides, what have you achieved in your own life apart from creating new monikers?

School you no go, work you no gree learn, spare parts you no fit sell, fanyogo you no hawk, dusting powder wey we believe say you suppose sabi export go Asia, fear dey catch you do that one. We put you for oga place, you go dey steal watch.

You better sit down and re evaluate your life. You're really messed up son grin cheesy

Potopoto boy

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2017
G
Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by autotrader014(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

grin

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by sanandreas(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
Representing Nigeria well

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
90% of ipob living abroad are developers ....you know what I mean...
Quote me you will die by fire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by chibboy: 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
hollop.. holllop.. please point of correction. cool TALENTED IGBO MAN.. TALENTED BIAFRA MAN... TALENED IPOD.. yes because if he commit na all those yeye warriors go say na ipod ..so please ..STOP LICKING WHAT YOU ARE VOMITING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH..

27 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Akalia(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
Good for him. Proud to be a Biafran.

19 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Alariwo2: 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
Ok.. nice meeting you Emeka

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by myrrtle(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

lol

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by abachaphilo(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2017
My Igbo brother thank you show me your own bros

6 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

grin cheesy crazy wink grin

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by AroOkigbo(m): 7:59pm On May 21, 2017
I wanted to say he's a Biafran den I said to myself....it's well because Igbo Amaka.
We've been having it!

NCAN. ..Jo'burg chapter reporting because many of us actually came to check names.
#hardfact

27 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by computerboy: 7:59pm On May 21, 2017
If only we can remove our eyes from politics and oil money, We'll see what we're missing out on technology. Nigeria can be better

Meanwhile check my signature for your laptops at unbeatable prices

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by chumakk: 8:00pm On May 21, 2017
This guy for not have any business with Google or Facebook if our country understands human capital

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:00pm On May 21, 2017
Now that is news soothing to ears.
Keep the flag flying more power to your elbows.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Afigbo, Nigerian Who Works With Facebook (Photos) by Ogene001: 8:00pm On May 21, 2017
They said Biafra will not survive without oil, but Microsoft is richer than shell. Lazy Nigerians

38 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lu Zhi-hao - China's Fattest Boy / Long Black Snake Killed In Delta (Photos) / Python Killed In My Compound, Sold For N1000 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.