Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom (23127 Views)

2 Brothers Rob Grandpa Of N550,000 In Ogun, Kill His Wife (Photo) / 3 Boys Kidnap 5-Year-Old Boy In Kano, Kill & Bury Him After Collecting Ransom / Kidnappers Kill Agwom Adara, Maiwada Raphael Galadima After Collecting Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Nobody: 12:17am On May 22, 2017
Ireneony pls i want to enter your toto
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Yyeske(m): 4:59am On May 22, 2017
Godless and hopeless children, nobody is saying anything about the dead, all the minions can shout upandan is afonja. nonsense
RIP to the dead
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by mrww(m): 5:47am On May 22, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Btruth: 5:52am On May 22, 2017
I still don't understand the story. How can a man be lured with his ransom in his hand to be killed?

Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by VellyG(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2017
emeijeh:
How do you lure someone who is kidnapped?
He's was a surveyor, he was lured with the intention of giving him a job to do for them. Thats the tactics they use. Funny enuf they are here on nairaland. Just post an advert of ur handwork u will start receiving strange calls from all angle .
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Nobody: 8:09am On May 22, 2017
It may be that Ehuwa Oririe, a flattino, influenced our boys with their get rich quick mentality. Sheep that follow of a dog must surely eat faeces

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Nobody: 8:10am On May 22, 2017
It may be that Ehuwa Oririe, a flattino, influenced our boys with their get rich quick mentality. A sheep in company of dogs must surely eat faeces. The law should take it cause on them all. They don't represent the Yorubas. We are always self-contented.
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by limamintruth: 8:15am On May 22, 2017
There shall be no peace for the wicked. RIP to the deceased.
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by babaireti(m): 9:42am On May 22, 2017
Young03:
NCAN. e don happen again oo

Fadeni Henry, Lebile Olatunji, Ehuwa Oririe,
Olotu Tosin, Oluwole Ohunayo, and Peter Omogbemi.

Access the names well
Suspicion
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by notseunosewa(f): 2:32pm On May 23, 2017
Most people on this thread have been assuming while some have been guessing. I happen to know the victim's family in Ibadan very well. I am however not happy that all the media companies, Punch, Vanguard and co are giving us a coloured version of the truth. First let me correct an impression that these guys are not kidnappers, they are cyber criminals / armed robbers. I think out of all the several media houses that published the news, Silverbird was the only one that tried to report close to 70% of the real truth. For the record, he was never lured for any business purposes. He allowed himself to be lured. All others gave a coloured account of the story. Media / Press Agencies are supposed to be agents of change but in Nigeria, they are there to deceive and paint stories. My personal experience with Punch, Guardian, Vanguard, ThisDay and co is a story for another day.

The fact is that the victim who is a Quantity Surveyor has allegedly taken time off work from the office, the reason he gave was that he wanted to visit his sick father (His father lives somewhere in Lagos). The victim on the contrary told his wife he was travelling to Ibadan for an official assignment on the said day that he took time off work.

Now here is the account as given by the kidnappers:

The victim met a lady called Daniella on Badoo. They had been communicating on Badoo. The arrangement was that the victim would come and spend time with Daniella in Igbokoda, meaning the destination is Igbokoda and not Ibadan. So, the real intention of the victim was to go and sleep with the lady in Ondo State. On arrival at Igbokoda, "Daniella" purportedly the gang kingpin had told the victim that he was at work and would see the victim later in the evening. However, luck ran out on him as Daniella happened to be a man (the leader of the 6-man gang). They dispossessed him of all his valuables including 20,000 Naira in his pocket, his laptop, wrist watch and phone. Thereafter, got hist ATM Card and PIN, they took him to an ATM and withdrew 30,000 Naira. Then, they took him to a nearby bush - the kingpin of the gang was the one that was said to have hit him with a plank in the head before strangling him.

For the purpose of clarity, they never dumped his body in the river. They planned to but feared that people might see them so they left him in the bush. All these happened on the same day which was Friday 12th of May 2017 when the victim left Lagos for Igbokoda. Lest I forget, a family member that personally interrogated the criminals at SARS Headquarters in Abeokuta mentioned that one of the criminals is a Primary School Teacher in Igbokoda. Who knows if he had been kidnapping pupils from the school, these are the kind of stories newspapers should be giving us to sensitize the public of acts of evil people who appear in decent form amongst us. Meanwhile, credible sources has it that the SARS men have killed 5 of the 6 gang members last Friday (which is impressive because judicial system in Nigeria is weak and could take several years e.g. Cynthia Osokogu's case). The only guy that wasn't killed was one of the 6 arrested whose bank account the criminals used to receive money from the victim's family after the victim's family realized he was missing (apparently he is innocent because the gang never denied that he was not part of them; the boy was very stupid to have released his account and allowed his bank account to be used by cyber criminals). He will spend some time behind bars for the foolish act.

Behind the scenes, the criminals have been communicating with the victim's family for days after he had been killed. But they were very foolish and stupid to have been calling the victim's wife with his phone and provided account details which money was paid to. The Police were able to track where the phone was being used and the Bank has also helped in providing the address on the recipient's bank account which was how the innocent guy was arrested and led the police to the criminals.

The learning points which I expected the Press to have released for full disclosure for people especially men to learn from are:

1. Be faithful to your partner and stop cheating around.
2. Do not be deceived by pictures of ladies on social media as not all pictures are real
3. If you have to do something stupid, use your head
4. All that glitters is not gold.

May God help our media industry as lies fly everywhere. Most of the news we read are partly doctored by the newspapers (in particular), blogs & online media companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by bastien: 7:26pm On May 25, 2017
notseunosewa:
Most people on this thread have been assuming while some have been guessing. I happen to know the victim's family in Ibadan very well. I am however not happy that all the media companies, Punch, Vanguard and co are giving us a coloured version of the truth. First let me correct an impression that these guys are not kidnappers, they are cyber criminals / armed robbers. I think out of all the several media houses that published the news, Silverbird was the only one that tried to report close to 70% of the real truth. For the record, he was never lured for any business purposes. He allowed himself to be lured. All others gave a coloured account of the story. Media / Press Agencies are supposed to be agents of change but in Nigeria, they are there to deceive and paint stories. My personal experience with Punch, Guardian, Vanguard, ThisDay and co is a story for another day.

The fact is that the victim who is a Quantity Surveyor has allegedly taken time off work from the office, the reason he gave was that he wanted to visit his sick father (His father lives somewhere in Lagos). The victim on the contrary told his wife he was travelling to Ibadan for an official assignment on the said day that he took time off work.

Now here is the account as given by the kidnappers:

The victim met a lady called Daniella on Badoo. They had been communicating on Badoo. The arrangement was that the victim would come and spend time with Daniella in Igbokoda, meaning the destination is Igbokoda and not Ibadan. So, the real intention of the victim was to go and sleep with the lady in Ondo State. On arrival at Igbokoda, "Daniella" purportedly the gang kingpin had told the victim that he was at work and would see the victim later in the evening. However, luck ran out on him as Daniella happened to be a man (the leader of the 6-man gang). They dispossessed him of all his valuables including 20,000 Naira in his pocket, his laptop, wrist watch and phone. Thereafter, got hist ATM Card and PIN, they took him to an ATM and withdrew 30,000 Naira. Then, they took him to a nearby bush - the kingpin of the gang was the one that was said to have hit him with a plank in the head before strangling him.

For the purpose of clarity, they never dumped his body in the river. They planned to but feared that people might see them so they left him in the bush. All these happened on the same day which was Friday 12th of May 2017 when the victim left Lagos for Igbokoda. Lest I forget, a family member that personally interrogated the criminals at SARS Headquarters in Abeokuta mentioned that one of the criminals is a Primary School Teacher in Igbokoda. Who knows if he had been kidnapping pupils from the school, these are the kind of stories newspapers should be giving us to sensitize the public of acts of evil people who appear in decent form amongst us. Meanwhile, credible sources has it that the SARS men have killed 5 of the 6 gang members last Friday (which is impressive because judicial system in Nigeria is weak and could take several years e.g. Cynthia Osokogu's case). The only guy that wasn't killed was one of the 6 arrested whose bank account the criminals used to receive money from the victim's family after the victim's family realized he was missing (apparently he is innocent because the gang never denied that he was not part of them; the boy was very stupid to have released his account and allowed his bank account to be used by cyber criminals). He will spend some time behind bars for the foolish act.

Behind the scenes, the criminals have been communicating with the victim's family for days after he had been killed. But they were very foolish and stupid to have been calling the victim's wife with his phone and provided account details which money was paid to. The Police were able to track where the phone was being used and the Bank has also helped in providing the address on the recipient's bank account which was how the innocent guy was arrested and led the police to the criminals.

The learning points which I expected the Press to have released for full disclosure for people especially men to learn from are:

1. Be faithful to your partner and stop cheating around.
2. Do not be deceived by pictures of ladies on social media as not all pictures are real
3. If you have to do something stupid, use your head
4. All that glitters is not gold.

May God help our media industry as lies fly everywhere. Most of the news we read are partly doctored by the newspapers (in particular), blogs & online media companies.
I happen to know the leader of the gang, the mother just dey cry since yesterday. Rip to the victim sha
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by notseunosewa(f): 4:07pm On May 26, 2017
bastien:
I happen to know the leader of the gang, the mother just dey cry since yesterday. Rip to the victim sha

@bastien, I heard the 6th member of the gang escaped. Are you sure you are not the one who escaped? For you to know the mother!!! We need to investigate you. Your details would be forwarded to the SARS team.
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by bastien: 6:36am On May 27, 2017
notseunosewa:

@bastien, I heard the 6th member of the gang escaped. Are you sure you are not the one who escaped? For you to know the mother!!! We need to investigate you. Your details would be forwarded to the SARS team.
cheesy really?
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 27, 2017
What has happened to the leader of the gang, is he in prison or did SARS really kill him.

How did they fake a female's voice or maybe a female was involved?

He was my supervisor during my 6 months industrial training and I just found out when I tried to look for his contacts online so I can meet up with him.

bastien:

notseunosewa
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by bastien: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2017
NubiLove:
What has happened to the leader of the gang, is he in prison or did SARS really kill him.

How did they fake a female's voice or maybe a female was involved?

He was my supervisor during my 6 months industrial training and I just found out when I tried to look for his contacts online so I can meet up with him.

notseunosewa
I heard SARS killed them... Sorry for your lost
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by madbuhari: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Hahaha
But note that most peeps do this for just fun. I am saying cos of south west brothers that may get offended.
Dalu nu. Ka emesia. See below for data shaa..
they are skull hunters
Re: Kidnappers Lure Man From Ogun, Kill Him In Ondo After Collecting Ransom by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2017
I am hoping that is true and not that they were released after bribing the SARS guys.

bastien:
I heard SARS killed them... Sorry for your lost

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Aguo, Nollywood Director Jailed 15 Years For Drug Possession In Malaysia / Photo: Man Caught Pants Down Doing It With A Cow / Police Frees Rapist Who Battered Victim In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.