Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 (647288 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Recruitment For Entry-levels At Nigerian Immigration Service NIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by BChiron: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
merit1988:
why not wait and get recruited first to see and know things urself? NOBODY will want to give u that kind of info cos its meant to be personal. anybody can come and write any figure here (accurate and inaccurate) But u HV to be in the system to know what's up. CALM DOWN
grin grin
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Edehsman(m): 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
why are you guys bringing irrelevant issues here you guys don't want Merit manifestation to come through before it gets to 100.let us to be prayerful and hopeful.With God all things are possible. It shall certainly end with praise.

4 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by guto: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
Accommadation inclusive in your salary which is about 120k per month

4 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Ohcanada(m): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
guto:
Accommadation inclusive in your salary which is about 120k per month
SEE MONEY
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by emmafineboy(m): 6:04am On Sep 17, 2017
Ohcanada:
SEE MONEY
No die o before your been recruitd
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Ohcanada(m): 6:21am On Sep 17, 2017
emmafineboy:
No die o before your been recruitd
Do you need the Immigration job?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by BChiron: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2017
Ohcanada:
SEE MONEY
Actually, I think it's more.. Civil defence pays 121k, and I think Immigration pays higher

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by sleuthhound: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2017
@ Mr guto, BChiron, una don start begin dey drag am abi? 120k, >121k, etc. una don dey budget count money wey neva even enter una hand yet.....
Oya na Mk i add my own join, na 125k sha including accdatn allowance & excluding passport applictn "egunje" allowance!
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by BChiron: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2017
sleuthhound:
@ Mr guto, BChiron, una don start begin dey drag am abi? 120k, >121k, etc. una don dey budget count money wey neva even enter una hand yet.....
Oya na Mk i add my own join, na 125k sha including accdatn allowance & excluding passport applictn "egunje" allowance!
heheheheheheh... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
Edehsman:
why are you guys bringing irrelevant issues here you guys don't want Merit manifestation to come through before it gets to 100.let us to be prayerful and hopeful.With God all things are possible. It shall certainly end with praise.
bros i tire for them oh. Mtcheewww
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by emmafineboy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ohcanada:
so if i need i should contact you?Perv
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Ohcanada(m): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
emmafineboy:
so if i need i should contact you?Perv
God bless you
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by emmafineboy(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2017
Ohcanada:
God bless you
Amen,Better for you
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 18, 2017
Ohcanada:

Yes, me I do
Still serving though
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by BChiron: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2017
Giddy239:

Yes, me I do
Still serving though
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by haybble(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
PT: There was this huge Immigration recruitment scandal about four years ago, which generated serious uproar. Were you able to address the dust it generated? And now that you are in another round of recruitment, how are you making sure you avoided mistakes of the past?
Babandede: First, we were able to resolve the problem. I inherited a big problem when I came on board with a lot of young officers protesting on the streets about the recruitment that was cancelled in 2015. I listened to them. I asked their representatives to come here. They said they were given letters of recruitment; they did training but they were disbanded. I said it was true.
The truth is that there was at that time a committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan to look at why people died or were injured during the recruitment in 2014. In that recruitment, almost everybody attended the interview, thousands in stadiums for interviews. It was not possible. It led to stampede, many people died. So, the committee was meant to recommend to the board solutions out of the problem. The committee recommended that all those who died should have two of their relations offered to work. Those who were injured if they were not deformed they should be recruited; luckily there was hospital report. And the government complied. Then it gave guideline on how the recruitment should be done. But unfortunately, that committee that was supposed to make recommendations to the Board had no recruitment power but they went ahead and recruited 2,000 people. That was a mess!
When this administration came, it was found that it was illegal. They were not supposed to recruit. They were to recommend. You set a committee to go and find solution to a problem, they went and create another problem. So, they were dispersed.
Therefore, after listening to them when I came in, I wrote to government to say that these were Nigerian citizens. Yes, public servants erred, but they were already recruited. It was not their fault. They were only looking for jobs and what they saw was a letter from government. So, we recommended to the government for the 2000 to be screened to make sure they have the correct certificates and have met all other criteria, and that they were placed on the right ranks based on their ages. So, the government approved the recommendation. We were able to get 888 out of the 2,000 and we brought them back to service.
Then, we now come to the new recruitment. We have a very small vacancy of 1,122. What we say is that it has to be online. People would apply online. We are able to get a large number of almost 1.2 million applicants. But the system had already cut off many people who have not properly filled the forms, those who have not applied for the right cadre, those who have wrong age on rank and academic qualifications. So, the system is screening.
After finishing the screening, we will shortlist a certain number of candidates per state and then we will do the interview. The interview will be segregated. It will not involve too many people like we did in the past. We cannot repeat that mistake. We will shortlist a small number of people who will be able to be interviewed one after the other for a period of three days, according to their cadres, before the final list.
So, what I am saying is that we have learned from the past and coincidentally I was the one who coordinated the screening (of 2014) in Lagos. I am very proud to mention that I was the one who supervised Lagos. But I cancelled the exercise in Lagos on the same day. I only called the minister to say ‘Honourable Minister I am the one on ground, I found that this recruitment is not possible, I have cancelled it.’
PT: What did the minister say?
Babandede: He was not happy at the beginning but later he commended the decision because he found out that nobody died in Lagos and no one was injured even though Lagos had the highest number of people.
I cancelled it because everywhere was full, in and out of the system. So, I said this is not going to be a fair recruitment. So, there was no casualties in Lagos.
PT: In this ongoing exercise when members of the National Assembly give you their own candidates, state governors and ministers do the same…
Babandede: They are aware. I have told them. National Assembly members have drilled me several times, I said these slots is for the poor. The person who doesn’t know Babandede, who doesn’t know a member of the House of Representatives, who compete online are the ones to get the jobs. Forget about recommendations. We have already given room for recommendation in the application form, to write the name of a sponsor who would know who you are. Let everybody write. What we would do is to give to those who are qualified. I assure you of this.
Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243452-interview-why-we-deported-50-foreigners-from-nigeria-cg-immigration-babandede.html
Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigr

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by paymentvoucher: 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
haybble:
PT: There was this huge Immigration recruitment scandal about four years ago, which generated serious uproar. Were you able to address the dust it generated? And now that you are in another round of recruitment, how are you making sure you avoided mistakes of the past?
Babandede: First, we were able to resolve the problem. I inherited a big problem when I came on board with a lot of young officers protesting on the streets about the recruitment that was cancelled in 2015. I listened to them. I asked their representatives to come here. They said they were given letters of recruitment; they did training but they were disbanded. I said it was true.
The truth is that there was at that time a committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan to look at why people died or were injured during the recruitment in 2014. In that recruitment, almost everybody attended the interview, thousands in stadiums for interviews. It was not possible. It led to stampede, many people died. So, the committee was meant to recommend to the board solutions out of the problem. The committee recommended that all those who died should have two of their relations offered to work. Those who were injured if they were not deformed they should be recruited; luckily there was hospital report. And the government complied. Then it gave guideline on how the recruitment should be done. But unfortunately, that committee that was supposed to make recommendations to the Board had no recruitment power but they went ahead and recruited 2,000 people. That was a mess!
When this administration came, it was found that it was illegal. They were not supposed to recruit. They were to recommend. You set a committee to go and find solution to a problem, they went and create another problem. So, they were dispersed.
Therefore, after listening to them when I came in, I wrote to government to say that these were Nigerian citizens. Yes, public servants erred, but they were already recruited. It was not their fault. They were only looking for jobs and what they saw was a letter from government. So, we recommended to the government for the 2000 to be screened to make sure they have the correct certificates and have met all other criteria, and that they were placed on the right ranks based on their ages. So, the government approved the recommendation. We were able to get 888 out of the 2,000 and we brought them back to service.
Then, we now come to the new recruitment. We have a very small vacancy of 1,122. What we say is that it has to be online. People would apply online. We are able to get a large number of almost 1.2 million applicants. But the system had already cut off many people who have not properly filled the forms, those who have not applied for the right cadre, those who have wrong age on rank and academic qualifications. So, the system is screening.
After finishing the screening, we will shortlist a certain number of candidates per state and then we will do the interview. The interview will be segregated. It will not involve too many people like we did in the past. We cannot repeat that mistake. We will shortlist a small number of people who will be able to be interviewed one after the other for a period of three days, according to their cadres, before the final list.
So, what I am saying is that we have learned from the past and coincidentally I was the one who coordinated the screening (of 2014) in Lagos. I am very proud to mention that I was the one who supervised Lagos. But I cancelled the exercise in Lagos on the same day. I only called the minister to say ‘Honourable Minister I am the one on ground, I found that this recruitment is not possible, I have cancelled it.’
Babandede: He was not happy at the beginning but later he commended the decision because he found out that nobody died in Lagos and no one was injured even though Lagos had the highest number of people.
I cancelled it because everywhere was full, in and out of the system. So, I said this is not going to be a fair recruitment. So, there was no casualties in Lagos.
PT: In this ongoing exercise when members of the National Assembly give you their own candidates, state governors and ministers do the same…
Babandede: They are aware. I have told them. National Assembly members have drilled me several times, I said these slots is for the poor. The person who doesn’t know Babandede, who doesn’t know a member of the House of Representatives, who compete online are the ones to get the jobs. Forget about recommendations. We have already given room for recommendation in the application form, to write the name of a sponsor who would know who you are. Let everybody write. What we would do is to give to those who are qualified. I assure you of this.
Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243452-interview-why-we-deported-50-foreigners-from-nigeria-cg-immigration-babandede.html
Fingers crossed
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by DjHarrypotter(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
I still await that time in Nigeria when 'public' recruitments will be done 'freely and fairly', without prejudice, and I just hope my generation wouldnt have to wait an entire lifetime for this to happen.

Babandede's words will be assessed at the end of the day. We've seen better rhetorics in the past. Alas, they are just what they are, 'plastic rhetorics'.

God dey watch.......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by BChiron: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
And so every one here decided to wait till November that was predicted... Happy waiting grin grin angry grin angry grin
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Ayo25: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Next thing you will hear now, people are in camp while y'all are here waiting for list.lol

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kayteajay111(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
haybble:
It's easier to say than be done.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ayo25:
Next thing you will hear now, people are in camp while y'all are here waiting for list.lol
grin grin
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
This Babandede of a guy is a joker. So, a governor builds a housing complex for your guys in his state, supports them with one or two operational vehicles and when he makes a simple request for a slot, you tell him NO? This guy must think we are fools?.
The referee thing is even the most feeble attempt at giving this recruitment some legitimacy. Believe this clown at your own peril.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Kelvinuyi: 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
pls can someone send those forms we ought to sign to this email address kelvinuyi12@gmail.com
thanks
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by tatawesome(f): 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Are we ever going to be invited, abi is it when somebody is above 30yrs?

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by BChiron: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
OrangeDream:
This Babandede of a guy is a joker. So, a governor builds a housing complex for your guys in his state, supports them with one or two operational vehicles and when he makes a simple request for a slot, you tell him NO? This guy must think we are fools?.
The referee thing is even the most feeble attempt at giving this recruitment some legitimacy. Believe this clown at your own peril.
I tell u wat... Babandede himself will answer to a higher power which is the minister of interior. Does he thinks he has the powers to say no to the Minister's list?? Anyway... It's all politics Sha... They can speak it well.. grin
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Ohcanada(m): 12:07am On Sep 20, 2017
tatawesome post=60630366:
Are we
Am I ever going to be invited, abi is it when somebody is above 30yrs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Sharpson25(m): 7:38am On Sep 20, 2017
2000 for recruitment is to small like a replacement
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by ejiykzazi2007(m): 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
This one here is calm...
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by 247Dior(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
The way i see it this recruitment will not be this year. I spoke with a top man at the agency and he told me that they did promotion over 2 months ago and that the result is not yet out and they still have some issues to sort regarding those recruits that just graduated from camp...so my people, y'all should just zero your mind . Nigeria is a big joke

4 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Gift10: 10:18am On Sep 23, 2017
the way u see it abi and u also spoke to a top man at d agency my brother u don't have anything
to say.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Gift10:
the way u see it abi and u also spoke to a top man at d agency my brother u don't have anything
to say.
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (158) (Reply)

Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.