Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features (751 Views)

Before You Go Out To Buy Your Next Android Phone.. Make Sure You See This. / Next Android Version After 8.0 Oreo To Be Released In Coming Weeks / Google Set To Launch The Next Android OS During The August 21 Solar Eclipse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by Umar17: 12:12pm On May 22, 2017
Android Oreo [The Next Android OS]

Google just announced it next Operating System Called Android Oreo also knows as Android O. Google has highlighted some Awesome feature that will be available to it users in the near future. Like Android 7.0 Nougat Android focuses on the essence of making the software work better, faster and save battery.
Confirmed features of Android O

Here are some awesome features which will be available to Android O users.

Picture-In-Picture
This feature allows you to keep watching your video on any screen. Just like when you are watching a youtube video you can minimize the video and go to another screen. In Android O, you'll just press the home button and the video shrinks into a movable window. The clip keeps playing while you open up Keep to write your note, or do anything else on the phone.

Notification Dots
This is tiny visual cue above an app icon that informs you about a pending notification, and long pressing them will give you a preview of the notification. This feature is similar to the iPhone Notification feature.

Autofill
Similar to the Chrome Browser Autofill, this feature allows you to sing in into an App without typing your credential. The OS detects that the app is requesting a login and searches the password manager of the Google account. This brings more convenience and security when logging into apps.

Smart Text Selection
Selecting a phone number, email address or phrase doesn't always work perfectly, and you spend time fidgeting with the selection bars in the right place. This feature simplifies actions that require copy-pasting. The OS can now recognize which app is best for the selected string of characters you're working with. Another example included being able to highlight a phone number and pop right into the dialer.

Battery Saver
Android O comes with an automatic limit to app background processes. This it will keep certain apps from running down your battery and hogging all your memory. The system will also flash a badge that lets you know something's running in the background, like a tracker.

Redesigned UI
There aren't too many changes from the Android 7.0 (Nougat) but, in this beta version, new features and small changes in the Android UI are visible.

New Emojis

CLIKC HERE TO GET FULL IMAGE PREVIEW OF THIS OS FEATURES

Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by Umar17: 4:35pm On May 22, 2017
Check out www.droidnine.com for more tech news [a newly launched Nigerian tech blog]
Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by tafat: 6:24pm On May 22, 2017
When will it be out
Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by Umar17: 7:01pm On May 22, 2017
tafat:
When will it be out
No official release date But it will be out later this summer.. A BETA version was only released for this devices [Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X or Pixel C ]
Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by kogbaski99: 7:12pm On May 22, 2017
That will be great I guess
Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by Norman4real(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2017
I'm tired of these stupid Android updates, they add nothing significant to phones and are simply marketing scams to make us buy new phones with latest OS. They should be releasing these updates after at least 2 years, but before android N settles we already hearing about Android O and i don't really see any significance.
For instance android 5, 6 and 7 are just so identical.
Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by GrandMufti: 9:08pm On May 22, 2017
Norman4real:
I'm tired of these stupid Android updates, they add nothing significant to phones and are simply marketing scams to make us buy new phones with latest OS. They should be releasing these updates after at least 2 years, but before android N settles we already hearing about Android O and i don't really see any significance.
For instance android 5, 6 and 7 are just so identical.

shocked shocked shocked

I'll advice you choose your device carefully. Mine came with lollipop, I'm currently on marshmallow, and my device is listed to get Nougat.

There is a huge improvement in terms of ram management and stability when going from 5 to 6 and to 7.
Re: The Next Android Os [Android Oreo] Features by Umar17: 11:54pm On May 22, 2017
GrandMufti:

shocked shocked shocked

I'll advice you choose your device carefully. Mine came with lollipop, I'm currently on marshmallow, and my device is listed to get Nougat.

There is a huge improvement in terms of ram management and stability when going from 5 to 6 and to 7.

Yeah.. High-end devices have more advantage over this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Phone That Can Make Phone Calls Without Battery / How Lucrative Is Phone Accessories Bisness In Nigeria / 9jamobile: How To Get #10000 Airtime With #100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.