Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude (3400 Views)

Austin Eguavoen Quits After Qualifying Failure / Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today / Eguavoen Proposes Europe Training Camp For Olympic Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by deb(m): 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
A former Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen, has called on coach Shaibu Amodu to find a solution to the frequent mistakes in his defence.

Poor defending largely contributed to the team‘s 3-1 defeat by the Pharaohs of Egypt in their Group C game in Benguela on Tuesday.

Eguavoen said the Eagles should not be ruled out of the competition so early but he expressed concern over the fitness of the team.

”I did not expect the coach to remove Mikel Obi for Nwankwo Kanu,” the ex-international said on SuperSport after the match.

”When the result is bad many people will say negative things about the team and the players. The players are good but there is problem with the defence.

”In past matches, every team that played against Nigeria created chances. Kenya had chances to beat Nigeria in Abuja while Mozambique also created chances but lost them. Tunisia had two chances and they took them perfectly. It only points to the fact that our defense is not good enough.”

Nigeria will play Benin on Saturday and only a victory will ensure a passage to the quarterfinals.

Source: http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100113445367
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by ow11(m): 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
This is coming from a coach that lost 1-4 to Ghana with Junior Agogo in attack! undecided

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by deb(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2010
This is coming from a coach that lost 1-4 to Ghana with Junior Agogo in attack! undecided

Are you saying that Amodu is better than him just because of losing a friendly to Ghana?
Have you forgotten that Super Eagles scored 10goals in two matches under him?
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by ow11(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2010
Nope I am saying he is of the same calibre as Amodu. His decision to introduce an injured Okocha against a rampaging Ivorian side in 2006 is comparable to Amodu's introduction of Kanu. This is also a coach that couldn't deliver a world cup ticket with Angola, Rwanda, Algeria and Zimbabwe as foes shocked shocked He should just shut up!
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by opes: 1:22am On Jan 15, 2010
@ow11, were you reffering to chuckwu or Eguavon for not qualifying nigeria for 2006 world cup?
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by beninman1(m): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2010
Trust me. it is easier for Eguavoen to see clearly now that he isnt coach.
Talk about arm chair critic!!!
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by rotimy(m): 11:58am On Jan 15, 2010
FOOTBALL IS SILLY DISTRACTION FOR MEN WHO ARE FOREVER BOYS!
WHERE IS UMARU?
WHERE IS YARADUA?
WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT?
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
ow11:

Nope I am saying he is of the same calibre as Amodu. His decision to introduce an injured Okocha against a rampaging Ivorian side in 2006 is comparable to Amodu's introduction of Kanu. This is also a coach that couldn't deliver a world cup ticket with Angola, Rwanda, Algeria and Zimbabwe as foes shocked shocked He should just shut up!
are u serious? tot it was chukwu
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Johnnoo(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
ow11:

lol!! I still believe Eguavoen is better that Amodu. The lost the game because we lost the midfield. Why on earth should Amodu play Mikel, Ayila and Etuhu (with defensive midfielder mentality) in a midfield that should be full of attacking spirit.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by shigidi(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
Eguavon is better than Amodu, but not by much. I'd say bring on Siasia
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by allboyz(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
twaz Christain chukwu that lost the world cup ticket to Angola in '06 after Angola forced us to a 1 - 1 draw in KANO and hence having the world cup ticket in their hands.

the NFA sacked Chukwu then and gave EGUAVON the job for the last 2 games in which he scored 10 goals conceeding 1. 5 nil against Zimbawawe while Angola won their last to games and qualified.

my conclusion - Eguaveon is better that Amodu while Siasia is the best in Nigeria NOW!!!!!
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by dfanthom(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
isn't this a case of hyde & jekyll. . . the goose & the ugly duckling!

the coach, his boys & the nff need to get their acts right asap!
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Johnnoo(m): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2010
rotimy:

FOOTBALL IS SILLY DISTRACTION FOR MEN WHO ARE FOREVER BOYS!
WHERE IS UMARU?
WHERE IS YARADUA?
WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT?

we been asking these questions 4sometime now but "the people" incharge REFUSED to produce our president. Did u see how much of insult Falana is receiving because he is asking the same question. we dont want to get HighBP. . .take some stuff off ur mind. . .hmm
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by blapo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
Criticism could be easy, its a case of Pot calling the kettle black, Amodu should just restructure the defense and take pro active action on the mid field.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by blapo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2010
Criticism is easy, its a case of the Pot calling the Kettle black, when the head is sick the whole body rotten.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Osimaco: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2010
Nigerian Coaches are all failures!
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Smi1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
ANYWAY I CAN ACCEPT THE FACT THAT EGUAVON IS MUCH MORE BETTER THAN AMODU , I CANT SEE ANY TACTIC VISION IN AMODU AT ALL AND I'M HOPING WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE AMODU FOR A BETTER COACH,

SORRY FOR THE CAPS GUYS!!!!!
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by MUNEER2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
Speechless at the moment angry
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by july123(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2010
S@mi:

ANYWAY I CAN ACCEPT THE FACT THAT EGUAVON IS MUCH MORE BETTER THAN AMODU , I CANT SEE ANY TACTIC VISION IN AMODU AT ALL AND I'M HOPING WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE AMODU FOR A BETTER COACH,

SORRY FOR THE CAPS GUYS!!!!!
Osimaco:

Nigerian Coaches are all failures!
well said
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Spyker: 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
IMHO, apart from SIASIA as Chief Coach and OBUH as assistant, no other Nigeria coach, i repeat no other Nigeria coach is fit or qualified to coach Super Eagles. It is better we hire a white man and let him teach us rubbish so that we can abuse him very well than for a Nigeria to mess up like Amodu. See how Keshi messed up Angola after we had hope he will at least prove that Nigeria has a coach to reckon with. In Angola 2010, no Nigeria was even made a Referee. What a shame. cry
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by vislabraye(m): 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
What Eguavon said is true. But I'm not sure he would have done better if given the opportunity.  I think we need a very good foreign coach or else our world cup outing would be very disastrous. But let us see what Amodu would do in his next game.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by maxtop(m): 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2010
birds of a feather, nonsense grin grin grin
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by stereotype: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
I'd pretend i did not see Siasia's name up in here.
is he not the coach that failed woefully in the recently concluded U21 World cup in cairo?

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

I'd pretend i did not see Siasia's name up in here.
is he not the coach that failed woefully in the recently concluded U21 World cup in cairo?
just like luis phillpe scolari failed with Chelsea
does that mean he isnt a good coach

Scolari won the WC with Brasil, Siasia has played 2 major finals in major tournaments

olympics and U-21 world cup
so what are u sayin?
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by stereotype: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
On a recent trial,dude failed. Simple.
Did Chelsea consider Scolari's past record when he was sacked?
old things have passed away.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by papabaks(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
Birds of the same feather, that's what they are.

let them all go and park on BRT LANE.

Papa.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by stereotype: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
Played 2 Major finals with age cheats and still did not win one
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

On a recent trial,dude failed. Simple.
Did Chelsea consider Scolari's past record when he was sacked?
old things have passed away.

failing to win a tourney doesnt mean ure not a good coach
SAF lost the FA cup last season but he wasnt sacked cos they had sane mgt at the club

scolari was sacked but that doesnt mean he wouldnt go elsewhere to shine

Capello was sacked at Real but is doing wonders in England

sacking a coach or failing to win a competition doesnt make u a bad coach

simple; Siasia has done well twice but failed once
is that a bad scorecard for u?

then there are no good coaches in the world
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

Played 2 Major finals with age cheats and still did not win one
then give him the super eagles

abi are they over aged too?

forget age, we saw patterns of play, we saw movements on the field, we saw passion in his boiz, we saw dedication and desire and hunger to win
these are the ingredients that win games not necessarily skill and oversabi
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by stereotype: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
Until Siasia handles a Football team where he would not use overaged players to reach the finals and not win then i can consider him.
Don't compare Siasia to SAF of Scolari, neither of them use overaged players to play an age grade tourney

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by stereotype: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
i don't think you watched the U21 WC in cairo, you won't be talking about passion and movement in the field of play

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2012: Gabon Vs Niger (2 - 0) On January 23rd 2012 / Bet9ja Daily Free Sure 2odds / Foootball Trials In Belgium,south-africa,spain And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.