Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR (5811 Views)

Presidential Election: Sowore Tops Poll Conducted By Tunde Ednut Via A Post(Pic) / 2019: Buhari Wins Atiku In A Public Opinion Poll Conducted By Sahara Reporters / APC Conducted An Online Assessment Polls Of Their Performance (see Results) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by laudate: 4:04pm On May 22, 2017
simplycarro:
People like Jarus couldn't take it, they left. I miss this guy too Stola

Jarus is more of a silent reader, these days. He contributes on a thread like once a year! cheesy I really miss Katsumoto, Terracotta, Dayokanu, Rossike, Toshman, almondjoy, Ndipe, Sienna, K0be, Imani, ThiefOfHearts, DisGuy, Onos, denex, Debosky, Chxta, Sijien, Texazzpete, Jakumo etc. Unfortunately, most of them have deactivated their user IDs. I can't say that I blame them. NL is no longer as interesting as it used to be. We all used to disagree, but it was done quite respectfully. But the mods have not been fair to the veterans, though... undecided There was a time I took a long break of about 4 years from NL, only to come back much later. I'm thinking of doing the same thing again..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by laudate: 4:05pm On May 22, 2017
gberra:
sometimes when I see these small small boys & girls dey argue with you & call you names, I just laugh & waka pass. grin grin. Anybody dey insult anybody now. Stupidity ti take over grin grin

True!! cheesy grin wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by DeadlyViper000: 4:05pm On May 22, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Made my comments with reference to no one in particular, but I see the guilty ones took it personal.

Oh well, ain't a bit surprised here.

Toddles kiddo.
[/s]
Shatap! you gat no opinion
kiss the truth

8 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by hoover420: 4:13pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Another

LOL imagine!
Nairaland dragging it with Instagram

2 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by ejanla077: 4:18pm On May 22, 2017
gberra:
Baba laudate you're one of the very few veterans still much active till date alongside anonimi, pazienza (who had been promoting tribalism for a very long time), OAM4J among others. I used to be a guest at the time as my studies wouldn't afford me such luxury. I would later register in 2014, deactivate & re register in 2015 after which I opted for this new moniker strictly for the naughty skulls. You always do have my respect, your contribution speak for itself.

my yoruba muslim brother.

me you Omenkalives bantudark jetlee and other yoruba muslims.

I'm going to visit Nnamdi Kanu dis one wey everybody dey visit am. maybe he go shook mouth make dem release oba
our bigotry. is on another afonja level

we need to hit our yoruba muslim skulls on the ground 5 more times so allah will make dem release our oba..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by gberra: 4:21pm On May 22, 2017
simplycarro:

The truth is that it was even more educating and entertaining when you are just reading those comments, most times, you will leave Nairaland just to click and read the tons and tons of links provided, these days you hardly see links but screenshots.
Those days are gone for good. To learn anything, you are best advised to do your research yourself otherwise na OYO. NL is currently suffering from the dearth of intellectualism. Although, I could recognize the efforts of a very few but not half as much.

1 Like

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by gberra: 4:27pm On May 22, 2017
ejanla077:

my yoruba muslim brother.

me you Omenkalives bantudark jetlee and other yoruba muslims.

I'm going to visit Nnamdi Kanu dis one wey everybody dey visit am. maybe he go shook mouth make dem release oba
our bigotry. is on another afonja level

we need to hit our yoruba muslim skulls on the ground 5 more times so allah will make dem release our oba..

pazienza see your life. laudate you can see what I just told you about him. He has grown down to become a naughty skull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by ejanla077: 4:31pm On May 22, 2017
gberra:
pazienza see your life. laudate you can see what I just told you about him. He has grown down to become a naughty skull.

my yoruba muslim brother be deceiving ur skull

5 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by BuariCopyPaste: 4:33pm On May 22, 2017
doctokwus:
Definitely agree with that of Nland being populated with kids and those with low intellect.
U read some posts on some threads and u sometimes wonder how u got on this forum in d first place.
Even some threads are just lacking in any form of brain usage.

Gerrooout!!!

Else

3 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Olabestonic001(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2017
simplycarro:

The 2015 election was damned too dirty and helped sent geniuses away. The coming of Nnamdi Kanu and his legion of miscreants and the folly of Afonjazee helped the remaining brilliant ones tired out.
Maybe we'll get it back one day sha.

1 Like

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by simplycarro: 4:43pm On May 22, 2017
gberra:
Those days are gone for good. To learn anything, you are best advised to do your research yourself otherwise na OYO. NL is currently suffering from the dearth of intellectualism. Although, I could recognize the efforts of a very few but not half as much.

Nowadays, I'm even ashamed to admit to friends that I'm on Nairaland, most of my friends view this place as a filthy forum.
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by gberra: 4:49pm On May 22, 2017
simplycarro:

Nowadays, I'm even ashamed to admit to friends that I'm on Nairaland, most of my friends view this place as a filthy forum.
I am even more ashamed to admit I stoop this low. But sometimes I guess it takes insanity to deal with insanity. smiley

3 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Amoto94(m): 4:52pm On May 22, 2017
Nairaland died when standards dropped to its lowest ebb you can't have a decent conversation with users anymore because of uncouth languages been used. Election will come and go but people have gone far in their campaign for their respective parties and this resulted into an unhealthy rivalry.

Meanwhile, watch for peoples Parliament where way forward shall be discussed on this forum.
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by BrokenTV: 5:08pm On May 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Made my comments with reference to no one in particular, but I see the guilty ones took it personal.

Oh well, ain't a bit surprised here.

Toddles kiddo.
Must you make a reference before someone quote, I know for obvious fact I didn't lie, people can attest to your comments on this forum, from liepod to Ipod yoot.

3 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by LukmonSodiq(m): 5:49pm On May 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
I made my first comment before seeing this! They are right on the money with this. Number of illiterates on this forum is just mind bugling.
Imagine the pot calling the kettle black. On the contrary, what is mind-boggling is actually your grammar. You need to up your ante before coming here to make noise. You're one of the reasons why Nairaland has degenerated to this sorry state.

7 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by LukmonSodiq(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2017
simplycarro:
Is it the same Jarus that was here campaigning for Buhari and the APC as recently as 2015? Good riddance if he has finally quit.

3 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Mcowubaba: 6:01pm On May 22, 2017
obailala:
grin grin grin
The anonymous nature of NL makes even intellectuals to freely act like dumbos. The result is very reflective of reality.

Yeah, you're right..

Almost all of us are guilty of trolling in a way, no matter how small.. It just depends on the level..
Anyway, let me not say trolling, I rather say we all Jest occasionally, which is not bad..

Some times people can be very provocative and childish, so I have to respond and put them in their place...

But on a lighter note, there are still lots of intelligent discussions and information on Nairaland, it's all about the section...

The worst section in order of stupidity are
Crime, Politics, Romance, sexuality ...
I think the moderators in this above section needs to work harder... And topics of this sections are mostly on the front page

Go to Programming, Travel, Fashion, career, family, health, graphics and video, foods, Agriculture, "Religion", Car talk, Pet.... There are loads of information and intellectual debates going on, very moderate/no insults and trolling..

Why Facebook, Instagram, whatapp has lower percentage of stupidity is just due to the fact those sites don't really have an anonymous nature..

People on Facebook or Instagram that are on Nairaland still exhibit stupidity, it's not about the person or personality (na the same people for Facebook wey dey very cool, dey misyarn and misbehave for Nairaland) , it's about the enabling environment Nairaland gives them. Facebook or Instagram don't tolerate rubbish

Nairaland, Twitter nd blogs gives room to fools to troll successfully and go without notice or revealing their real identity, the site is damn anonymous...

Some topics that trend for some days make me marvel,
A topic like "hey I fuucked my sister so hard, what should I tell my parents" or "I need Toto badly this hot afternoon" will trend from the morning till night grin grin
The mods will not hide and ban such moniker, or probably it generates traffic wink so the turn a blind eye.

Some monikers are renowned for their bigotry, I know over 50 personally, this guys are given free room to carry on their nefarious activities and name checking.

The are rarely banned, if the are banned the open another moniker immediately, some brag how the can open Gmail in 2 minutes just to open another moniker..

Can't Nairaland start banning IP address, many websites do it, like Nigerian IP address are not allowed in some foreign business/commercial websites, that's why Yahoo boys use different tools to bypass that....

But I don't think an average troll on Nairaland will go through the troubles of buying a VPN or any other tool just to create another moniker on Nairaland undecided.

If I copy Oga Seun, he may probably hide my comment....

Make we continue dey manage ourselves.

What's funny is the hypocrisy of some people..
Especially those in the AFONJA vs IPOB crew..
You can't insult call someone or call someone afonja or Igbo or mock a certain tribe and don't expect reprisals, that's the bane of bigotry and tribal wars..

People like omenkaLives or omenka have the guts to talk about Bigotry and tribal wars on Nairaland, we are really in end times grin grin

Someone who is a seasoned tribal warrior, who has fought many deadly wars in his life time..
Will now Come and start complaining grin cheesy grin grin

Or wait, omenkaLives u expect to mock ipob/Igbos and expect them to be smiling undecided, of course the will attack you back naaa undecided undecided n'a so war dey start..

What are you expecting, when you go around all Igbo related threads spurring hatred everywhere, of course the whole scenario will be hated up...

Same goes for Igbos, trolling on Yoruba people.
Or just anybody trolling on anybody..

What I hate most is hypocrisy.. This issue is wholistic, only a shameless hypocrite will Blame only one party

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by UrWorstNitemare: 6:15pm On May 22, 2017
AH !

EVERY THREAD NA BATTLE GROUND

dem keyboard warriors!!

1 Share

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by LordAdam16: 6:31pm On May 22, 2017
The poll is factual.

But that is not the shocker.

The shocker is that Seun let the standard fall knowingly.

Reason: MONEY.

For example, Twitter "supposedly" has more intellectuals in Nigeria than Facebook. Guess which one has higher revenue?

That's the point.

Most Nigerians are not intellectuals. Seun knows this and that's why he drifted NL from an intellectual hub to a gossip hub. Trust me this model is more successful than the previous model. And it's why it'd be easier to drain River Niger with a straw than convince Seun to cut out all the fluff.

Na im ATM b dat. The afonja vs Igbo, pre-wedding photos, check out what Tonto wore threads and discussions are the money spinners.

As for those asking him to abandon the Anonymous template. It'd be nice from a user POV, but I'm doubtful of whether it'll be a commercial success for Seun. I mean, if he abandons this Anonymous template, the Vanguard forum, Punch, LIB, and Sahararepoters would move up the hierarchy. While him discarding that template would pit him directly against Facebook and Twitter in 9ja, a battle we all know he wouldn't win.

Moreover, even if he does dethrone them, what we'll have is a Quora which is terrific for nerds and intellectuals but not the place to be for the majority of people.

Personally, I don't like Twitter. I'm not a big fan of brevity. I sure as hell can't use 140 characters to argue my position on the benefits of privatization in Nigeria. Using multiple tweets is a huge hassle and appears cluttered. Facebook would have been better, but it's basically a medium to keep up with what is happening in the lives of your friends and family than talking about whether Nigeria needs to construct underground sewers in cities. And then there is the issue of fake news and spam.

-Lord

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2017
obailala:
grin grin grin
The anonymous nature of NL makes even intellectuals to freely act like dumbos. The result is very reflective of reality.

Baba collect Orijin for this statement. I have observed that many of the people engaging in tribal wars here are the same scholars on Twitter but because here is annonymous people they unravel the darkest parts of their minds and get rewarded for it via likes etc

1 Like

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Ngokafor(f): 7:29pm On May 22, 2017
...90% of posters complaining about 'illiteracy' of posters and low standards on Nairaland on this thread are actually among the degenerates who helped make this forum the joke it is fast becoming.

...Hypocrites.

6 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Those days are gone and lost forever! So unfortunate.

You are one of those that messed up nairaland. YES YOU !!!!

5 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Amoto94(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2017
ephi123 contribute no dey viewstening
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by ephi123(f): 7:58pm On May 22, 2017
Amoto94:
ephi123 contribute no dey viewstening

You too contribute first na tongue
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Amoto94(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2017
ephi123:

You too contribute first na tongue
I have offered mine look up previous comments.
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by ephi123(f): 8:08pm On May 22, 2017
Amoto94:
I have offered mine look up previous comments.

I just read yours now. There's nothing much to add, you guys have said it all already.
Tbh, I have zero expectations for Nairaland, it's whatever makes money for the owner that he promotes. If he truly wants to address the issues raised, he would, but it's obvious he chooses not to.

What's the People's Parliament about?
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Amoto94(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2017
ephi123:

I just read yours now. There's nothing much to add, you guys have said it all already.
Tbh, I have zero expectations for Nairaland, it's whatever makes money for the owner that he promotes. If he truly wants to address the issues raised, he would, but it's obvious he chooses not to.

What's the People's Parliament about?

The Parliament

The idea of the parliament was borne out of the need for a different approach to social accountability of our elected leaders.

The parliament main objective is to see a change in the political solutions/policies articulated by any sitting government. It aims to further promote implementation of social/economical/political solutions which are developed by Nigerians for the betterment of Nigerians and to provide a paradigm shift in implementable solutions that bear no remote interest to the citizenry.

Parliament will operate as the convergence point for the masses.

The parliament through exhaustive online avenue will solicit for solution no matter how irrelevant until all concerns is heard and a solution is evolved that best serves all interest.

The parliament intend to introduce innovative ideas in the areas of Election, Education (language standardization, university accreditation and signatory to Washington/Sydney/* Accords.

The radical revamping of educational system to ensure full benefits of accelerated technology transfer and harnessing of intellectual capabilities of her citizens.

Infrastructure and Social Amenities.

Power and Energy

Roads and Transportation

Aviation

The Flag/Country name/Anthem

Job

Constitution and our view.

The parliament aims to achieve this on the

Nairaland platform and/or her platform

It will solicit for volunteers for Neighbouhood Outreach via home to home evangelism/outreach.

We will solicit donations from ordinary Nigerians if they so wish not more than a Naira daily or as may be in their capacity.

We intend to effect attitudinal change in our youths.

For we aim to break the nonchalance that has become the norm in them.

To embolden them to speak up and demand for a better deal from those they elected

To drive Nigeria elections from the bottom up and not the reverse

To translate keyboard warriors translate their angst into viable implementable solution, and see how the solution can be run with to effect a better Nigeria

in the psyche of Adults

The Parliament home to deliver a strong message that it is not cool to know what to do, but never getting up to do something to bring about the change you desire.

That the country is theirs for the taking

That they need to show strength and character in times of oppression.

That great sacrifices has to be made, and it takes greater generation to make these generation and this generation was born great after all it has been through.

and repentance in our older generation to the Nigerian question
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by ephi123(f): 8:13pm On May 22, 2017
Amoto94:

The Parliament

The idea of the parliament was borne out of the need for a different approach to social accountability of our elected leaders.

The parliament main objective is to see a change in the political solutions/policies articulated by any sitting government. It aims to further promote implementation of social/economical/political solutions which are developed by Nigerians for the betterment of Nigerians and to provide a paradigm shift in implementable solutions that bear no remote interest to the citizenry.

Parliament will operate as the convergence point for the masses.

The parliament through exhaustive online avenue will solicit for solution no matter how irrelevant until all concerns is heard and a solution is evolved that best serves all interest.

The parliament intend to introduce innovative ideas in the areas of Election, Education (language standardization, university accreditation and signatory to Washington/Sydney/* Accords.

The radical revamping of educational system to ensure full benefits of accelerated technology transfer and harnessing of intellectual capabilities of her citizens.

Infrastructure and Social Amenities.

Power and Energy

Roads and Transportation

Aviation

The Flag/Country name/Anthem

Job

Constitution and our view.

The parliament aims to achieve this on the

Nairaland platform and/or her platform

It will solicit for volunteers for Neighbouhood Outreach via home to home evangelism/outreach.

We will solicit donations from ordinary Nigerians if they so wish not more than a Naira daily or as may be in their capacity.

We intend to effect attitudinal change in our youths.

For we aim to break the nonchalance that has become the norm in them.

To embolden them to speak up and demand for a better deal from those they elected

To drive Nigeria elections from the bottom up and not the reverse

To translate keyboard warriors translate their angst into viable implementable solution, and see how the solution can be run with to effect a better Nigeria

in the psyche of Adults

The Parliament home to deliver a strong message that it is not cool to know what to do, but never getting up to do something to bring about the change you desire.

That the country is theirs for the taking

That they need to show strength and character in times of oppression.

That great sacrifices has to be made, and it takes greater generation to make these generation and this generation was born great after all it has been through.

and repentance in our older generation to the Nigerian question

Interesting. I would be curious to see how that will be implemented. Please tag me when you kick it off.

Did you read this thread below? What are your thoughts about it?

https://www.nairaland.com/3811106/nairalander-declare-interest-jigawa-2019
Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Mcowubaba: 8:32pm On May 22, 2017
succed:

You are one of those that messed up nairaland. YES YOU !!!!
Exactly that hypocrite contributed massively to the bigotry and tribal wars in nairaland...
He is one of the worst persons here..
The guy disgusts me..
Only a newbie or a non active member in Nairaland will not know about the Tribal warlord

Though I'm not exonerating the large band of IPOB warriors, who litter Nairaland with their agenda of Biafra

From all the issues and suggestions raised over the past few years, I have come to understand two 2 things

1) Some IT/Computer professionals have educated me that there limitations to what a Forum can do, some features or adjustments can't be made due to some @%/@%%/@%%@(&13688)(@@/:= (IT/Computer jargons) grin grin which I don't know, I have almost zero knowledge in matters like this (IT matters) grin grin. That's why I used those characters to explain grin grin grin

2) I think the creator of this forum is satisfied with the current status of his creation (Nairaland forum), his getting his pay, that's all... Even if there are some possible adjustments to make or features he can add, he won't, he is not interested

2 Likes

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by KevinDein: 8:33pm On May 22, 2017
doctokwus:
Definitely agree with that of Nland being populated with kids and those with low intellect.
U read some posts on some threads and u sometimes wonder how u got on this forum in d first place.
Even some threads are just lacking in any form of brain usage.
What is far more annoying than the dumb posts that ridden nairaland is the truck loads of likes such posts garner.

1 Like

Re: See How Nairaland Is Performing In Poll Conducted By DG BPSR by Feraz(m): 8:36pm On May 22, 2017
LordAdam16:
The poll is factual.

But that is not the shocker.

The shocker is that Seun let the standard fall knowingly.

Reason: MONEY.

For example, Twitter "supposedly" has more intellectuals in Nigeria than Facebook. Guess which one has higher revenue?

That's the point.

Most Nigerians are not intellectuals. Seun knows this and that's why he drifted NL from an intellectual hub to a gossip hub. Trust me this model is more successful than the previous model. And it's why it'd be easier to drain River Niger with a straw than convince Seun to cut out all the fluff.

Na im ATM b dat. The afonja vs Igbo, pre-wedding photos, check out what Tonto wore threads and discussions are the money spinners.

As for those asking him to abandon the Anonymous template. It'd be nice from a user POV, but I'm doubtful of whether it'll be a commercial success for Seun. I mean, if he abandons this Anonymous template, the Vanguard forum, Punch, LIB, and Sahararepoters would move up the hierarchy. While him discarding that template would pit him directly against Facebook and Twitter in 9ja, a battle we all know he wouldn't win.

Moreover, even if he does dethrone them, what we'll have is a Quora which is terrific for nerds and intellectuals but not the place to be for the majority of people.

Personally, I don't like Twitter. I'm not a big fan of brevity. I sure as hell can't use 140 characters to argue my position on the benefits of privatization in Nigeria. Using multiple tweets is a huge hassle and appears cluttered. Facebook would have been better, but it's basically a medium to keep up with what is happening in the lives of your friends and family than talking about whether Nigeria needs to construct underground sewers in cities. And then there is the issue of fake news and spam.

-Lord
Trust me, I spend most time now on Quora. I'm only pained that much Nigerian politics ain't discussed there.

I wouldn't lie that I miss the NL of old. I really learnt a lot especially when every end of the month, there's always a debate till mods started being affiliated with certain political parties and the tribalism became much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(EXPOSED) Photos Of Edo Lawmaker Frolicking With Prostitutes Caught / Can Anybody Tell Me How Much It Costs To Produce 1 Barrel Of Crude Oil / Senator Joy Emordi Sacked By The Court Of Appeal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.