Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her (880 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by sloye5(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2017
Shocking moment a girl, 14 'marries a Muslim man 20 years older than her in the back room of a mosque - after he paid her family for her with a gold necklace'

Video shows the moment a man allegedly marries a child at a Melbourne mosque
The 14-year-old girl quietly sits as the man 20 years her senior signs papers
An Imam tells the girl that as a wife she has a duty to 'obey' her husband
Government documents revealed 57 cases of underage marriages since 2015

A shocking video shows the moment a 14-year-old girl is allegedly forced to marry a man 20 years older than her at the back of a Melbourne mosque.
The video seized by police from the alleged groom’s phone shows the traditional Islamic ceremony by a prominent Muslim marriage cleric last year.

Imam Ibrahim Omerdic, 62, has faced court accused of forcing a minor to enter marriage.
In video shown in court and obtained by 7 News, a timid teenage girl sits quietly as her groom-to-be signs papers presented by the Imam.

The underage girl's mother watches on, after the groom allegedly paid to marry her daughter with a $1,480 gold necklace.
The Imam asks the child bride if she takes the man - who she reportedly met only a few days prior - 'to live together and live according to Islam.'

She answers 'yes' and is told by the Imam that as a wife, she now has a duty to 'obey' her husband.
Family and Communities Services received 60 reports of illegal ceremonies involving 57 children between 30 December 2014 and January 31 2017, 7 News reported.

A total of 23 children wed in illegal ceremonies were under the age of 16, including four under the age of ten.
'It is deeply disturbing to think little girls pre-puberty are being considered for marriage and for people to be organising that marriage,' FACS Minister Pru Goward told the network.
Laura Vidal from anti-slavery group The Freedom Partnership said children being forced into marriage leads to serious impacts.
'The long term impacts of people being forced into marriage can be quite serious including forced or unwanted pregnancies, withdrawal from education,' she said

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4529490/Child-bride-forced-wed-Melbourne-mosque.html#ixzz4hoVM2hyh

The underage girl's mother contently watches the marriage in the video, after the groom allegedly paid to marry her daughter with a $1480 gold necklace

The Imam who allegedly forced an underage child into marriage Ibrahim Omerdic (pictured), 62, has faced court where video video seized by police from the groom's phone was shown

Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Aniker(f): 2:27pm On May 22, 2017
This is not good.
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Martinez19(m): 2:48pm On May 22, 2017
Like Mohammed like followers, mtewwwwwww.

1 Like

Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Oyindidi(f): 2:52pm On May 22, 2017
Nothing new here, she even over mature, na 9 years if for marry
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 22, 2017
Brainwashed fools.
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 22, 2017
It's better to marry early than to be jumping from one man to the other.

I'm in my hostel,come n beat me...awon hypocrites oshi.
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 22, 2017
Martinez19:
Like Mohammed like followers, mtewwwwwww.

You mean Lai Mohammed?
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Alao046(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2017
Who told you she was forced to marry, are u in her heart. Una go dey carry person matter for head, na people like una no dey see person wey go marry un for life.
Anyway, there is no particular age for marriage, if people can get marriage at the age of seventh, then y can't u get married at age of 14. Choice matters

1 Like

Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Martinez19(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2017
Tiny23:

You mean Lai Mohammed?
whatever, I am referring to the Islamic "holy" prophet. You know the paedophile don't you?

1 Like

Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 22, 2017
Alao046:
Who told you she was forced to marry, are u in her heart. Una go dey carry person matter for head, na people like una no dey see person wey go marry un for life.
Anyway, there is no particular age for marriage, if people can get marriage at the age of seventh, then y can't u get married at age of 14. Choice matters

Don't mind them,they are mind readers now.
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 22, 2017
Martinez19:
whatever, I am referring to the Islamic "holy" prophet. You know the paedophile don't you?

Shut it joor!
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by smardray(m): 3:12pm On May 22, 2017
Paedophilic....
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Martinez19(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2017
Tiny23:

Shut it joor!
mtewwwwwww. Mohammed is a paedophile. He derives pleasure from handling children. Like Mohammed like follower. tongue
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 22, 2017
Martinez19:
mtewwwwwww. Mohammed is a paedophile. He derives pleasure from handling children. Like Mohammed like follower. tongue

isokay
Re: 14year Old Girl Was Forced To Marry Muslim Man 20 Years Older Than Her by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 22, 2017
Alao046:
What does a 14 years old know about marriage?. Is she physically and psychologically ready for what marriage comes with?. BTW, it didn't happen in Nigerian of course, so her supposed husband is likely to be sued for marrying a minor.

You all should stop reasoning with your third leg.

(1) (Reply)

Opinions On Sex, Size Issue / I Need Help! / Check Out How This Pretty Corper Rocked Her Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.