Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Christian Life Is Very Difficult - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Life Is Very Difficult (3280 Views)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 5:53pm On May 22, 2017
I have noticed that I have been passing through a lot of difficulties for a long time..despite being a Christian.....Christian life very very difficult
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 5:54pm On May 22, 2017
Still I value what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 5:56pm On May 22, 2017
Can I still cope with all the troubles I am facing....even unbelievers are better than me
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Epositive(m): 5:58pm On May 22, 2017
what exactly are the troubles? undecided
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 22, 2017
doyinbaby:
Can I still cope with all the troubles I am facing....even unbelievers are better than me
Change your companions... Walk with like minded people.

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 6:02pm On May 22, 2017
angels09:

Change your companions... Walk with like minded people.
thanks
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by PointZerom: 6:14pm On May 22, 2017
doyinbaby:

It is well with you. Unbelievers can't be better than you are.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:25pm On May 22, 2017
PointZerom:

It is well with you. Unbelievers can't be better than you are.
grin You wish..

6 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by NigerianScholar: 6:31pm On May 22, 2017
doyinbaby:
I have noticed that I have been passing through a lot of difficulties for a long time..despite being a Christian.....Christian life very very difficult
If it wasnt difficult. Then there wont be any point to it. Everyone will go to heaven

Even the bible says the road to heaven is narrow. Its only for a chosen few

5 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Zither(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2017
True, it is very difficult. That's why the Word of God said it is a narrow road and a narrow gate. Only few find it. The good news is that we have the Holy Spirit to help us on the journey.

A poor and suffering Christian is of much greater value than kings and kingdoms of unbelievers... You just have no idea how much more precious than gold you are to God. You are being refined. A royal privilege.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 7:52pm On May 22, 2017
Zither:
True, it is very difficult. That's why the Word of God said it is a narrow road and a narrow gate. Only few find it. The good news is that we have the Holy Spirit to help us on the journey.

A poor and suffering Christian is of much greater value than kings and kingdoms of unbelievers... You just have no idea how much more precious than gold you are to God. You are being refined. A royal privilege.

thanks
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 8:05pm On May 22, 2017
doyinbaby:
Do you know why it seems the Christian life is very difficult?

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:07pm On May 22, 2017
analice107:

Do you know why it seems the Christian life is very difficult?
why
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:30pm On May 22, 2017
I will encourage myself in the lord....After all bible said men always ought to pray and not to faint....the road to heaven is indeed a narrow one

4 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Tarnisis(m): 8:56pm On May 22, 2017
Stay away from anything that makes life difficult for you

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by OtemAtum: 9:06pm On May 22, 2017
Eusebius the writer of your faith has a say in your matter. He wrote(created) you/your faith to be one filled with afflictions for the poor. You can easily have all things done by taking a bold step of becoming an unbeliever of the evil scriptures of Eusebius. I took same decision December 2015/early January 2016 and all my hills of problems vanished and my mission on earth came out clear to me.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 11:37pm On May 22, 2017
doyinbaby:
why
There are actually many reasons.

1. Nature. We were once in the world living in rebellion to the ways of God. we lived in disobedience to every laid down injunction. We got so used to living like that, so much so that, now that we are told to live differently, it becomes difficult.

We got use to hearing lies that we believe lies to be truth, now that we here the truth, we see ourselves fighting to believe it.

2. Ignorance to God's Ways.
As a believer, what do you really know about the Christ you believe in? Do you know him for yourself or what others (Your pastor) says about Him?

There are two sides to Christ.
a) The Life of Christ
b) The Principles of Christ.

Do you know what these are?

When you become born again, you receive the Life of Christ into your spirit, but you still need to live and execute your assignment on earth, as everyone of us is here to fulfill one. Now, for you to do that, you need to apply the principles of Christ in order to succeed.

If you know the Principles of Christ, are you applying them correctly and consistently?

3. What kind of a Christian are you? as Christ says, there are 4types of Christians in Church.

a) The Wayside Christians: This hear the Word, get excited, receive it, but as they leave the church, they forget what they heard and continue their lives as before. No change.

b). The Rocky Christians: These ones go to church with a preconceived mindset. Their minds are already made up as to what they believe about a particular precept or ordinance. The Holy Spirit can not work with these ones. So no matter what the Word says, it won't penetrate.

c). The Thorny Christians: These ones are in church for the wrong reasons. They hear the word, but the pleasures of life and the desire for wanton riches will not allow them stay away from indulging in wrong ways to make money. The word cannot grow in them no matter how long they last in church. They hear, but no growth.

d). The Good soil Christian: These are the only sets of Christians who hear the word of God, they keep it in their hearts.

Luke:8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Key word here is Patience.

Are you patient or you are in hurry? If it doesn't happen now now, then it's not God?

4. Laziness or Sowing on a wrong soul.
Have you as a christian discovered your calling on earth?
When you hear 'Calling' what comes to your mind? Do you think Calling must be to become a Pastor? No. You can be called to be a doctor. In time, God will need you to offer your medical services to his Kingdom, when he needs you will be available?
But, what if you are suppose to be a doctor but you are a trader, do you think God will bless your trade? No. When God calls you, He equips you, and He is not committed to what He has not commanded. God will not lower his standards to our level, He raises us up to his standard when we yield to Him.

Okay, but what if you know your calling but won't get off your butt to work? Do you think God will just spring it up on you and you'll become rich?
He says "He who does not work, must not eat", No food for a lazy man. Get up and work.

5. You have an enemy.
The day you declared for Christ, you drew a battle line against satan the adversary.

You scaped from his camp, and he wants you back. To him, you have become an enemy and he will by all means frustrate you.

How does he do that?

He makes you work against yourself. How?

Satan knows what sin is, but you don't. He knows that when you sin, you take a stand against God. God is legally hampered from getting involved in your case.

Satan knows that, if someone decides for you, it's easy for you to be convinced against the decision, but if you decide for yourself, no one can convince you against your decisions.

Satan makes you sin thereby casting a Welsh between you and the only person who can help you, God.

Our Sins separates us from our God.

Apostle Paul says;

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians:16:9

Doors are opened unto us, but there are many adversaries that will make sure we do not access the doors except we do something.

The first step to doing something is obeying God's Word, In;

Service:
Service to God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting the Kingdom, is promoting your life.

Matt 6:31-33

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Exodus 23:35-37 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

How do you serve the Lord?

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In interceding for others.

In giving to further God's kingdom.

In paying your Tithe.

Satan knows what is in the ordnance of Tithing, he fights it rigorously to keep you from paying.

Tithing is a platform for kingdom wealth.

When you pay your tithe, satan has no access to your money, but he wants to keep stealing from you, he makes sure you do not put a blockade o. your finances.

If you don't pay to God, you'd pay to satan, in hospitals, police, deaths, and funerals.

These are the few things that makes it seem like Christianity is hard, it isn't.

shalom.

s Word, In;

Service:
Servicing God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting Kingdom, is promoting your life.

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Exodus 23:35-37 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In giving to further God

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 2:06am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

There are actually many reasons.

1. Nature. We were once in the world living in rebellion to the ways of God. we lived in disobedience to every laid down injunction. We got so used to living like that, so much so that, now that we are told to live differently, it becomes difficult.

We got use to hearing lies that we believe lies to be truth, now that we here the truth, we see ourselves fighting to believe it.

2. Ignorance to God's Ways.
As a believer, what do you really know about the Christ you believe in? Do you know him for yourself or what others (Your pastor) says about Him?

There are two sides to Christ.
a) The Life of Christ
b) The Principles of Christ.

Do you know what these are?

When you become born again, you receive the Life of Christ into your spirit, but you still need to live and execute your assignment on earth, as everyone of us is here to fulfill one. Now, for you to do that, you need to apply the principles of Christ in order to succeed.

If you know the Principles of Christ, are you applying them correctly and consistently?

3. What kind of a Christian are you? as Christ says, there are 4types of Christians in Church.

a) The Wayside Christians: This hear the Word, get excited, receive it, but as they leave the church, they forget what they heard and continue their lives as before. No change.

b). The Rocky Christians: These ones go to church with a preconceived mindset. Their minds are already made up as to what they believe about a particular precept or ordinance. The Holy Spirit can not work with these ones. So no matter what the Word says, it won't penetrate.

c). The Thorny Christians: These ones are in church for the wrong reasons. They hear the word, but the pleasures of life and the desire for wanton riches will not allow them stay away from indulging in wrong ways to make money. The word cannot grow in them no matter how long they last in church. They hear, but no growth.

d). The Good soil Christian: These are the only sets of Christians who hear the word of God, they keep it in their hearts.

Luke:8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Key word here is Patience.

Are you patient or you are in hurry? If it doesn't happen now now, then it's not God?

4. Laziness or Sowing on a wrong soul.
Have you as a christian discovered your calling on earth?
When you hear 'Calling' what comes to your mind? Do you think Calling must be to become a Pastor? No. You can be called to be a doctor. In time, God will need you to offer your medical services to his Kingdom, when he needs you will be available?
But, what if you are suppose to be a doctor but you are a trader, do you think God will bless your trade? No. When God calls you, He equips you, and He is not committed to what He has not commanded. God will not lower his standards to our level, He raises us up to his standard when we yield to Him.

Okay, but what if you know your calling but won't get off your butt to work? Do you think God will just spring it up on you and you'll become rich?
He says "He who does not work, must not eat", No food for a lazy man. Get up and work.

5. You have an enemy.
The day you declared for Christ, you drew a battle line against satan the adversary.

You scaped from his camp, and he wants you back. To him, you have become an enemy and he will by all means frustrate you.

How does he do that?

He makes you work against yourself. How?

Satan knows what sin is, but you don't. He knows that when you sin, you take a stand against God. God is legally hampered from getting involved in your case.

Satan knows that, if someone decides for you, it's easy for you to be convinced against the decision, but if you decide for yourself, no one can convince you against your decisions.

Satan makes you sin thereby casting a Welsh between you and the only person who can help you, God.

Our Sins separates us from our God.

Apostle Paul says;

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians:16:9

Doors are opened unto us, but there are many adversaries that will make sure we do not access the doors except we do something.

The first step to doing something is obeying God's Word, In;

Service:
Servicing God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting Kingdom, is promoting your life.

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In giving to further God's kingdom.

In paying your Tithe.

Satan knows what is in the ordnance of Tithing, he fights it rigorously to keep you from paying.

Tithing is a platform for kingdom wealth.

When you pay your tithe, satan has no access to your money, but he wants to keep stealing from you, he makes sure you do not put a blockade o. your finances.

If you don't pay to God, you'd pay to satan, in hospitals, police, deaths, and funerals.

These are the few things that makes it seem like Christianity is hard, it isn't.

shalom.

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 2:07am On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
thanks
Yep.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:39am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Yep.
what does the bible means by Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law,Christ is need made a curse for us
also Galatians 3 says we don't have to fulfill the law. me no dey pay tithe o
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 9:41am On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
what does the bible means by Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law,Christ is need made a curse for us
also Galatians 3 says we don't have to fulfill the law. me no dey pay tithe o
Read Deut 27: 15-27
There are laws that must be kept, failure to keep them, you inherit a curse.

Now to understand these laws and why it is impossible to keep them, lets read Romans 7 down to the end.

Apostle Paul explains why the old testament people suffered under the yoke of Sin which brings curses and couldn't help themselves.

Without the Holy Spirit, no man can fully obey God or stop sinning. The work/walk with God will be a slippery slop. Rising and falling.

The people were given laws but weren't given the Holy Spirit to help them keep the laws, so they kept falling and incurring the wrath of God which came down on them as curses.

BUT
Christ has redeemed us from that yoke/curse of sin. How?

He has saved us from the power of sin which keeps people under yokes and has given us the Holy Spirit to help us stay away from sin. This in summary is what Paul said.

Talking about Tithing, Tithing precedes the law my dear. Satan actually knows what's in Tithing and keeps you from it. It's your choice.

Let's talk a little about Tithing.

Answer me this, Who is Melchizedek?

What similitude does Melchizedek have with Christ?

Pls, tell me.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by An2elect2(f): 11:05am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Now to understand these laws and why it is impossible to keep them, lets read Romans 7 down to the end.

Apostle Paul explains why the old testament people suffered under the yoke of Sin which brings curses and couldn't help themselves.

Without the Holy Spirit, no man can fully obey God or stop sinning. The work/walk with God will be a slippery slop. Rising and falling.

The people were given laws but weren't given the Holy Spirit to help them keep the laws, so they kept falling and incurring the wrath of God which came down on them as curses.

BUT

He has saved us from the power of sin which keeps people under yokes and has given us the Holy Spirit to help us stay away from sin. This in summary is what Paul said.

Talking about Tithing, Tithing precedes the law my dear. Satan actually knows what's in Tithing and keeps you from it. It's your choice.

Pls, tell me.

Where in the Bible does it say all these you say to a believer? That we are under the law and required to tithe?

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 11:10am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

BUT

Pls, tell me.
I don't know much about melchizedek I just use to hear about him.......if you can tell me abit about it
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 11:13am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

BUT

Pls, tell me.

I don't know much about melchizedek......if you can tell me about it
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 11:19am On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
It's not an it. He is a person?
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 11:21am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

if you can tell me about him
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 11:23am On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:

Pls read Genesis 14 all and Hebrews 7

Compare the priesthood of Melchizedek and that of Christ , then we can talk.
shalom.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 11:24am On May 23, 2017
An2elect2:
Where in the Bible does it say all these you say to a believer? That we are under the law and required to tithe?
Compare the Priesthood of Melchizedek and that of Christ, then we cat talk.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 11:25am On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Pls read Genesis 14 all and Hebrews 7

Compare the priesthood of Melchizedek and that of Christ , then we can talk.
shalom.
ok,,,,,I will do just that
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 11:53am On May 23, 2017
doyinbaby:
ok,,,,,I will do just that
Yes darling.
Just remember, i love you.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 12:05pm On May 23, 2017
analice107:

Yes darling.

Just remember, i love you.
shebi na Christian platonic love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Hope We Are Not Making Mistakes About Jesus Christ. Take A Look / Do People Really Steal Other Peoples 'stars'? / 101 reasons to pay tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.