Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Christian Life Is Very Difficult - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Life Is Very Difficult (3278 Views)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Blackfire(m): 6:54pm On May 29, 2017
analice107:

There are actually many reasons.

1. Nature. We were once in the world living in rebellion to the ways of God. we lived in disobedience to every laid down injunction. We got so used to living like that, so much so that, now that we are told to live differently, it becomes difficult.

We got use to hearing lies that we believe lies to be truth, now that we here the truth, we see ourselves fighting to believe it.

2. Ignorance to God's Ways.
As a believer, what do you really know about the Christ you believe in? Do you know him for yourself or what others (Your pastor) says about Him?

There are two sides to Christ.
a) The Life of Christ
b) The Principles of Christ.

Do you know what these are?

When you become born again, you receive the Life of Christ into your spirit, but you still need to live and execute your assignment on earth, as everyone of us is here to fulfill one. Now, for you to do that, you need to apply the principles of Christ in order to succeed.

If you know the Principles of Christ, are you applying them correctly and consistently?

3. What kind of a Christian are you? as Christ says, there are 4types of Christians in Church.

a) The Wayside Christians: This hear the Word, get excited, receive it, but as they leave the church, they forget what they heard and continue their lives as before. No change.

b). The Rocky Christians: These ones go to church with a preconceived mindset. Their minds are already made up as to what they believe about a particular precept or ordinance. The Holy Spirit can not work with these ones. So no matter what the Word says, it won't penetrate.

c). The Thorny Christians: These ones are in church for the wrong reasons. They hear the word, but the pleasures of life and the desire for wanton riches will not allow them stay away from indulging in wrong ways to make money. The word cannot grow in them no matter how long they last in church. They hear, but no growth.

d). The Good soil Christian: These are the only sets of Christians who hear the word of God, they keep it in their hearts.

Luke:8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Key word here is Patience.

Are you patient or you are in hurry? If it doesn't happen now now, then it's not God?

4. Laziness or Sowing on a wrong soul.
Have you as a christian discovered your calling on earth?
When you hear 'Calling' what comes to your mind? Do you think Calling must be to become a Pastor? No. You can be called to be a doctor. In time, God will need you to offer your medical services to his Kingdom, when he needs you will be available?
But, what if you are suppose to be a doctor but you are a trader, do you think God will bless your trade? No. When God calls you, He equips you, and He is not committed to what He has not commanded. God will not lower his standards to our level, He raises us up to his standard when we yield to Him.

Okay, but what if you know your calling but won't get off your butt to work? Do you think God will just spring it up on you and you'll become rich?
He says "He who does not work, must not eat", No food for a lazy man. Get up and work.

5. You have an enemy.
The day you declared for Christ, you drew a battle line against satan the adversary.

You scaped from his camp, and he wants you back. To him, you have become an enemy and he will by all means frustrate you.

How does he do that?

He makes you work against yourself. How?

Satan knows what sin is, but you don't. He knows that when you sin, you take a stand against God. God is legally hampered from getting involved in your case.

Satan knows that, if someone decides for you, it's easy for you to be convinced against the decision, but if you decide for yourself, no one can convince you against your decisions.

Satan makes you sin thereby casting a Welsh between you and the only person who can help you, God.

Our Sins separates us from our God.

Apostle Paul says;

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians:16:9

Doors are opened unto us, but there are many adversaries that will make sure we do not access the doors except we do something.

The first step to doing something is obeying God's Word, In;

Service:
Service to God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting the Kingdom, is promoting your life.

Matt 6:31-33

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Exodus 23:35-37 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

How do you serve the Lord?

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In interceding for others.

In giving to further God's kingdom.

In paying your Tithe.

Satan knows what is in the ordnance of Tithing, he fights it rigorously to keep you from paying.

Tithing is a platform for kingdom wealth.

When you pay your tithe, satan has no access to your money, but he wants to keep stealing from you, he makes sure you do not put a blockade o. your finances.

If you don't pay to God, you'd pay to satan, in hospitals, police, deaths, and funerals.

These are the few things that makes it seem like Christianity is hard, it isn't.

shalom.

s Word, In;

Service:
Servicing God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting Kingdom, is promoting your life.

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Exodus 23:35-37 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In giving to further God

God bless u op
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Ctrlsolutn: 6:01am On May 30, 2017
The good news is that he's wit you all the way... most people, even me ar in a similar position.

And one gud tin abt it is that wen it's dat tough, we learn n understand some important lessons dat later elevate us if we make gud use of dem.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:57am On May 31, 2017
Hmmm Christianity....the battle to do the will of God in this sinful...okay o
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by judedwriter(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
I have noticed that I have been passing through a lot of difficulties for a long time..despite being a Christian.....Christian life very very difficult
This world is a battlefield. There are lots of spirits that fight the body of christ which we can't see with naked eyes.
This world is not our home..we are pilgrims passing through to a place that is a billion times better than this world.
To survive in this world, you need the power of God..through praying in tongues, bible study and worship.

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 9:23am On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
Hmmm Christianity....the battle to do the will of God in this sinful...okay o
come unto me all ye that are weary(by sin,guilt,troubles,worries) and heavy laden and I will give you rest,take my yoke upon you my yoke is easy my burden is light and you will find rest for your soul.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
I'm impressed. Keep it up.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
analice107:

There are actually many reasons.

1. Nature. We were once in the world living in rebellion to the ways of God. we lived in disobedience to every laid down injunction. We got so used to living like that, so much so that, now that we are told to live differently, it becomes difficult.

We got use to hearing lies that we believe lies to be truth, now that we here the truth, we see ourselves fighting to believe it.

2. Ignorance to God's Ways.
As a believer, what do you really know about the Christ you believe in? Do you know him for yourself or what others (Your pastor) says about Him?

There are two sides to Christ.
a) The Life of Christ
b) The Principles of Christ.

Do you know what these are?

When you become born again, you receive the Life of Christ into your spirit, but you still need to live and execute your assignment on earth, as everyone of us is here to fulfill one. Now, for you to do that, you need to apply the principles of Christ in order to succeed.

If you know the Principles of Christ, are you applying them correctly and consistently?

3. What kind of a Christian are you? as Christ says, there are 4types of Christians in Church.

a) The Wayside Christians: This hear the Word, get excited, receive it, but as they leave the church, they forget what they heard and continue their lives as before. No change.

b). The Rocky Christians: These ones go to church with a preconceived mindset. Their minds are already made up as to what they believe about a particular precept or ordinance. The Holy Spirit can not work with these ones. So no matter what the Word says, it won't penetrate.

c). The Thorny Christians: These ones are in church for the wrong reasons. They hear the word, but the pleasures of life and the desire for wanton riches will not allow them stay away from indulging in wrong ways to make money. The word cannot grow in them no matter how long they last in church. They hear, but no growth.

d). The Good soil Christian: These are the only sets of Christians who hear the word of God, they keep it in their hearts.

Luke:8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Key word here is Patience.

Are you patient or you are in hurry? If it doesn't happen now now, then it's not God?

4. Laziness or Sowing on a wrong soul.
Have you as a christian discovered your calling on earth?
When you hear 'Calling' what comes to your mind? Do you think Calling must be to become a Pastor? No. You can be called to be a doctor. In time, God will need you to offer your medical services to his Kingdom, when he needs you will be available?
But, what if you are suppose to be a doctor but you are a trader, do you think God will bless your trade? No. When God calls you, He equips you, and He is not committed to what He has not commanded. God will not lower his standards to our level, He raises us up to his standard when we yield to Him.

Okay, but what if you know your calling but won't get off your butt to work? Do you think God will just spring it up on you and you'll become rich?
He says "He who does not work, must not eat", No food for a lazy man. Get up and work.

5. You have an enemy.
The day you declared for Christ, you drew a battle line against satan the adversary.

You scaped from his camp, and he wants you back. To him, you have become an enemy and he will by all means frustrate you.

How does he do that?

He makes you work against yourself. How?

Satan knows what sin is, but you don't. He knows that when you sin, you take a stand against God. God is legally hampered from getting involved in your case.

Satan knows that, if someone decides for you, it's easy for you to be convinced against the decision, but if you decide for yourself, no one can convince you against your decisions.

Satan makes you sin thereby casting a Welsh between you and the only person who can help you, God.

Our Sins separates us from our God.

Apostle Paul says;

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
1 Corinthians:16:9

Doors are opened unto us, but there are many adversaries that will make sure we do not access the doors except we do something.

The first step to doing something is obeying God's Word, In;

Service:
Service to God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting the Kingdom, is promoting your life.

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In giving to further God's kingdom.

In paying your Tithe.

Satan knows what is in the ordnance of Tithing, he fights it rigorously to keep you from paying.

Tithing is a platform for kingdom wealth.

When you pay your tithe, satan has no access to your money, but he wants to keep stealing from you, he makes sure you do not put a blockade o. your finances.

If you don't pay to God, you'd pay to satan, in hospitals, police, deaths, and funerals.

These are the few things that makes it seem like Christianity is hard, it isn't.

shalom.

s Word, In;

Service:
Servicing God comes first. What concerns the Kingdom should be your topmost priority. Promoting Kingdom, is promoting your life.

In Soul winning.

in Giving to the needy.

In giving to further God
with man it is impossible with God all things are possible. God is our strength. Our solid rock. The author and finsher of our faith. We are on a journer(rough) on the shadow of death, the HolySpirit is our guide.
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
doyinbaby:
Can I still cope with all the troubles I am facing....even unbelievers are better than me

What is your definition of better aunty? hen the wicked floruish even if the wicked spread it is only to be uprooted in the long run.. Why envious of the wicked whose path will continually be darkend until they reach their destruction

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by analice107: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
with man it is impossible with God all things are possible. God is our strength. Our solid rock. The author and finsher of our faith. We are on a journer(rough) on the shadow of death, the HolySpirit is our guide.
Yes and Amen.

1 Like

Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by seguno2: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2017
doyinbaby:
I have noticed that I have been passing through a lot of difficulties for a long time..despite being a Christian.....Christian life very very difficult

If you say that Christian life is very very difficult, do you want to try Islam or some other religion?
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by doyinbaby(f): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2017
seguno2:

If you say that Christian life is very very difficult, do you want to try Islam or some other religion?
i don't wish to try other religion,.....thanks
Re: Christian Life Is Very Difficult by seguno2: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2017
doyinbaby:
i don't wish to try other religion,.....thanks

Don't worry, I was only teasing you. I hope that you don't mind?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stronger Than Your Enemies. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E. A. Adeboye. / I Hope We Are Not Making Mistakes About Jesus Christ. Take A Look / God Made Technologies......... And Not Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.