Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition (354 Views)

JUST FOR LOVE >> Zeemah Writes / Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka / UNIBEN Graduate Writes World Class Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition by tonnitte(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2017
Name: AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition
Word Count: 500
Entry Fee: Free
Prize: £100
Eligibility: Africans
Closing Date: June 18, 2017

AFREADA and Africa Writes wants to reward a flash fiction writer in Africa with £100. And this cash won’t go for naught, the writer must be able to create a compelling flash fiction that is based on Alain Mabanckou’s Tomorrow I’ll be Twenty.
You remember Alain MAbanckou?
He is a renowned writer birthed in Congo. His success in fiction and non-fiction writing has earned him a good feat in France. In 2010, he wrote Tomorrow I’ll be Twenty. This novel was later translated into English in 2013. Written from the point of view of Michael, a 10 year old child, the story starts with:
In this country, a boss should always be bald and have a big belly. My uncle isn’t bald, he hasn’t got a big belly, and you don’t realise, the first time you see him, that he is the actual boss of a big office in the centre of town…
Now, what AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition wants you to do is to start your story with opening lines of Tomorrow I’ll be Twenty. You just have to start where he started, weather you will turn right or left thereafter, that’s up to you. Just ensure you write from the perspective of a child who lives in Africa.
You sure you can do this? Fine, get your submission ready before June 18.
The winner will be announced at the Africa Writes opening R.A.P party on June 30, 2017.

Rules
· Your submission for AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition should start with the except from Tomorrow I’ll be Twenty
· Please send in a flash-fiction. This means your work should not exceed 500 words, plus the excerpt
· Entries should be attached as an MS word file and sent to editor@afreada.com
· In the subject line, type: AFREADA X Africa Writes Competition – Your Full Name
· Input your contact details, social media handles and a short bio (not more than 100 words) in the body of your mail
Still got questions? Visit afreada.com
http://literavault..com.ng/2017/05/afreada-x-africa-writes-competition_22.html

(1) (Reply)

Apply For 2017 Etisalat Prize For Literature Awards, Win £15,000 / A Love Of A Mother / Copyeditor/proofreader Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.