Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread (268857 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / Download 2017 JAMB Brochure/syllabus Online In PDF File Now / 2017 Jamb Examination: Registration Commences Wednesday 15th Of March 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by hellohgy(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2017
please I had 309 in jamb and olevels contain b2 in 3 subjects and c5 in the oda 2 subjects.....

I choose university of Ibadan..for medicine and surgery.....

I don't know if the point system will favour me
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Whiteshades(m): 5:22pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Thanks for the complement bro!

1]The cut off mark will only slightly be adjusted. So it may not be dat different!
2]you don't need change of course all you need is change of institution!...Unilag makes use of point grade i.e waec50% jamb50%. but there are skuls that don't even consider waec! e.g UNICAL, UNIBEN UNIPORT UNIABUJA UNIZIK ABSU ANSU ESUT....my advice is change to those ones! your jamb result is so starring and so every uni wuld want you as a student!
3]Changing your course will be unwise! because pple with lesser jamb score are getting dat Pharmacy!...

So my broda look for a university dat don't make use of Waec result!
Sorry but I just realized I made a mistake in my previous post, the cut off mark was actually 73.6 not 76.6, would you still give the same advice?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2017
Whiteshades:

Sorry but I just realized I made a mistake in my previous post, the cut off mark was actually 73.6 not 76.6, would you still give the same advice?
Yes i still will!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by erenax: 5:27pm On May 24, 2017
What are my chances of getting pharmacy in unilorin with 251?

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Thanks for the complement bro!

1]The cut off mark will only slightly be adjusted. So it may not be dat different!
2]you don't need change of course all you need is change of institution!...Unilag makes use of point grade i.e waec50% jamb50%. but there are skuls that don't even consider waec! e.g UNICAL, UNIBEN UNIPORT UNIABUJA UNIZIK ABSU ANSU ESUT....my advice is change to those ones! your jamb result is so starring and so every uni wuld want you as a student!
3]Changing your course will be unwise! because pple with lesser jamb score are getting dat Pharmacy!...

So my broda look for a university dat don't make use of Waec result!
pls help, am almost in the same shoes as this brother i had 316 instead though, am thinking of changing to uniben buh the problem is that am frm ekiti state. Will uniben accept me. For pharmacy? Thanks
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:35pm On May 24, 2017
Tholley:
Nice job here op,mysis scored 254 in utme,still awaiting this year's waec result.,goin 4 law in ui. any advice for her?
If she can get A1 in her 5core subject, then she's good to go....But since we don't know how the result will look like, den we'll need a back-up!...So tel her to choose Skuls that don't give preference to waec score as 2nd choice!---shuld incase her waec dont have enuf A's!....her second choice shuld be IMSU,ANSU,DELSU OR ABU
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Dockybae(f): 5:35pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
No one has done change of course! i repeat no-one!.. It avaliable o,but jamb has'nt made it known to d public!.....

Just relax, Buy zobo from that mama outside, siddon, and let my enter keke Go jamb office Inquire about am for you!....I go soon come back Tel u when Food Don Done!
I have done it jor
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 24, 2017
I scored 211
I want to study hospitality and tourism management at federal University Oye,
Do I stand a chance with my scored
I'm using awaiting result tho(neco)
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2017
hellohgy:
please I had 309 in jamb and olevels contain b2 in 3 subjects and c5 in the oda 2 subjects.....

I choose university of Ibadan..for medicine and surgery.....

I don't know if the point system will favour me
You have already done d best u can....Let leave d rest for God!....If the point system don't favour you, Then God will favour you!.....Meanwhile you should have a back-up incase UI fumbles!....Let lasu be ur second choice and i assure you of admission!

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2017
erenax:
What are my chances of getting pharmacy in unilorin with 251?
Pls for unilorin, i will advice you to have a strong connection else ur slot will ve stolen!.....I knew of somone who got Law with 210 and C parallel, but had connections!....Ur 251 is Good oo! but unilorin may be Funny at times!...Pls don't risk it, change to a more transparent university!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2017
Mirabel2032:
pls help, am almost in the same shoes as this brother i had 316 instead though, am thinking of changing to uniben buh the problem is that am frm ekiti state. Will uniben accept me. For pharmacy? Thanks
Pls enter okada go change to uniben!...with uniben i can assure you of admission. So hurry!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2017
Dockybae:
I have done it jor
Ehn?...When? where? how?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2017
Agbakolly:
I scored 211
I want to study hospitality and tourism management at federal University Oye,
Do I stand a chance with my scored
I'm using awaiting result tho(neco)
My dear go and buy malt and start drinking!....Admission sure you
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Pls enter okada go change to uniben!...with uniben i can assure you of admission. So hurry!
even though am not frm edo state? Thanks.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by jonsnow12(m): 5:51pm On May 24, 2017
jamb score 210. l want to study Electrical/ Electronic Engineering.@, preferably federal polytechnic oko as my first choice and Ansu as my second choice with the same course...still awaiting for my O'level results though!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2017
Mirabel2032:
even though am not frm edo state? Thanks.
That one has only little effect on you!...Uniben should consider ur score!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2017
jonsnow12:
jamb score 210. l want to study Electrical/ Electronic Engineering.@, preferably federal polytechnic oko as my first choice and Ansu as my second choice with the same course...still awaiting for my O'level results though!
Your 1st choice aint that competitve....so u're likely to gain admission dere depending on your awaiting 0-level!....ansu also wil gv u admission, because, not many love that course!.....

so bro, pray for ur 0-level
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Ogexchi(f): 6:08pm On May 24, 2017
Pls my brother got 276 and he wants to study law in unzik, we're from Imo tho....... he got 1A, 2 c4's, 1 c5 and 1c6....is that okay?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by AJIBBS: 6:08pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
My main man!....202 for sociology, psychology, and mass com is really a low score, but not a bad score. What dimmed your chances is the fact that you are going for a competitive university!....If only u choosed a less competitive uni, den ur chances wuld have been high!...So my advice is change to a less competive western state university!

Thanks bro...im considering changing to political science in Unilag...

This is my O'LEVEL
Maths B3
eng B3
Econs b2
Govt b3
Agric b3
Literature c5
Crk c4
Biology c4
Yoruba c4

My choices for university are
Unilag
Lasu
Yabatech

I'm also from catchment (OYO state)
Any hope?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by jonsnow12(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Your 1st choice aint that competitve....so u're likely to gain admission dere depending on your awaiting 0-level!....ansu also wil gv u admission, because, not many love that course!.....

thanks bro.... hopefully, my o'level results is gonna be perfect
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Agarli(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2017
I scored 301 in utme, put in med and surgery for uniben with 2 B's and 3 C's in my waec , pls should I change institution since my state no dey their catchment area and if I were to change institution pls advise me the school I should change to? help o
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2017
jonsnow12:

thanks bro.... hopefully, my o'level results is gonna be perfect
I join my fate with yours...Don't worry u will make it bro!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by casspersteve: 6:24pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Ansu will give you admission with dat score, but do not ever imagine that Unn will also appreciate 214!.....My advice to you is, Stay at ansu and endure the fee! or go to unn and change your course to Educational courses!
this one weak me sha
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2017
Ogexchi:
Pls my brother got 276 and he wants to study law in unzik, we're from Imo tho....... he got 1A, 2 c4's, 1 c5 and 1c6....is that okay?
Unizik are partial when it comes to admission giving!.....your score is not bad!....but still not Excellent.. Just shaa grab a stool and wait, but don't drink anything, Enter prayer and confam fasting my broda.....

But never the less Have a strong back-up!....Your 2nd choice at this point, matas a lot!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by PromiseUche(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:

That's not totally correct, Ansu will not give u EE. becoz it's very competitive there. He is not even close to consideration point, so far.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by PromiseUche(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2017
jonsnow12:

Ansu is very competitive in respect to Engr. courses and will not give u because their cutoff mark will be far more than that. Probably 240 above. For real, go and ask. Or visit the Dept. #who no go no knw.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2017
AJIBBS:

Thanks bro...im considering changing to political science in Unilag...

This is my O'LEVEL
Maths B3
eng B3
Econs b2
Govt b3
Agric b3
Literature c5
Crk c4
Biology c4
Yoruba c4

My choices for university are
Unilag
Lasu
Yabatech

I'm also from catchment (OYO state)
Any hope?
My oga, KaryGo!...With ur eye-catching O-level, i can 90%ly say that ur admission chance are high!.....Never the less! Take Yabatech as 2nd choice[that is if they offer it!] or Lasu as 2nd choice and Yabatech as 3rd choice!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2017
Agarli:
I scored 301 in utme, put in med and surgery for uniben with 2 B's and 3 C's in my waec , pls should I change institution since my state no dey their catchment area and if I were to change institution pls advise me the school I should change to? help o
Pls no change anything!....Uniben does'nt really concentrate on Catchment and d rest!....Only thing I'll say u do, is to Set LASU as your 2nd choice!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2017
PromiseUche:

Ansu is very competitive in respect to Engr. courses and will not give u because their cutoff mark will be far more than that. Probably 240 above. For real, go and ask. Or visit the Dept. #who no go no knw.
Hmm,..When you mean competitive, can you kindly elaborate?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by holywahala19(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
sorry to disappoint you but you provided a false detail concerning the o-level calculation of screening score!....
A1=10
B2=9
B3=8
C4=7
C5=6
C6=5

This was what unilag used last year my broda!
u are right sir
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Hmm,..When you mean competitive, can you kindly elaborate?
LAST year for Electrical engr in ansu:
FIRST CHOICE=177
SECOND CHOICE=1
TOTAL=178

Now electrical engr slot is 150 below!

So if 150 will be admitted out of 178, It is competitive?....come on man, say wad u know!....

By d way u're still correct about d competition in ansu regarding to engr courses!.....The likes of Chemical engr, Civil engr and mechanical engr are really competitive, but not as competitive as Federal!.....So it is safe to say ansu is not a competitive skul!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Agarli(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2017
I chose OOU as my second choice, hope I am safe sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (184) (Reply)

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide / University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.