Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,225 members, 7,807,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread (268926 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / Download 2017 JAMB Brochure/syllabus Online In PDF File Now / 2017 Jamb Examination: Registration Commences Wednesday 15th Of March 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:11am On May 24, 2017
APCsupporter:

So assuming you fail jamb now and you dont want to stay at home can you try remedial or a poly?
Poly is A good idea! but remed take a lot of money and hardwork!......

Because for Remedial u must meet certain citeria be4 u'll be given your chosen course!....And note that not All remedial student gets mbbs! only few my broda only few!.

But for poly, after completion of the programme, u get to be called a graduate, unilike remed!..

So in plain words Go for poly. But if your brain can carry you, u can go for remed. But mind you, u have urself to blame if you are not given your chosen course afta d programme!.....Choose wisely
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:14am On May 24, 2017
loved21:
I already chose unilag as my first choice but thinking to switch to UNN... And the question is I hope change of institution doesn't affect admission chances
No it can't because jamb will compile both the 1st choosers and the changers at once and will send it to the university of your choice!....So,... Nothin do you!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:16am On May 24, 2017
percyshelu:
OP ur advice is needed, is it possible to study agriculture with 210 in uniben? (no connection)
Why not?....Agricultural depertments always have low applicants! so it is not competitive at All. They may even end up admitting all students that applied for the course, provided they score above 200
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:18am On May 24, 2017
Lunagirl:
Op,

My brother scored 205 in Jamb and I really don't want him to stay at home. I know that it is possible he gets admitted if he chooses the right school and combination. He is science inclined. What school and course do you suggest?
It depends on his subject combo's in jamb... Did he write maths or biology??
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:21am On May 24, 2017
Lilphate:
Plz help me o cuz i'm confuse. I hv 2 question to ask n i need a sincere answere.

1] is the change of institution service stil available ?
2] wil change of institution affect my admission chances?

1] change of course is available but not activated for now....In the coming days it wuld be open for d public!....So stay in touch with the thread!

2]change of course don't have any infulence on your admission possibility!....unless if u choose wrongly!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Oezil(m): 12:22am On May 24, 2017
scored 244 ..public admin ..uniben...my state edo state..tho i did govt eng comm nd econs for jamb..which i saw uniben accepts..what are my chances wit dt score or sud i change d course.i av 2bs nd 3c
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:26am On May 24, 2017
holywahala19:
u have 78.+ not 80.25 as u said.

ur calculation is wrong.

I chose unilag last year and I know what I'm saying.

this how to calculate ur aggregate.

A 8.
B2 7
B3 6
C4 5.

C5 4
C6 3.

add ur five subjects relevant to ur course and divide by 40 and then multiply by 50.

divide ur jamb score by 8 and

add both ur waec and jamb score together.

don't waste this score choosing unilag u didn't even meet last year cutoff with these ur results and I don't even think whether cutoff will decrease going by students performance on jamb.

a word is enough for.......
sorry to disappoint you but you provided a false detail concerning the o-level calculation of screening score!....
A1=10
B2=9
B3=8
C4=7
C5=6
C6=5

This was what unilag used last year my broda!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Ksudr(m): 12:26am On May 24, 2017
Ksudr:
Pls advice appropriately.
Score 298 in JAMB. applied Unimaid for MBBS.
1. what are my chances of getting MBBS
2. And if I wish to change due to crisis in the area. What institution should I change to.
Olevel 3B2 2C5

Someone pls answer this pls
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:27am On May 24, 2017
SQMrProducer:
It is your own calculation that is wrong. The points for O'level results is as follows,
A1- 10 points
B2- 9 points
B3- 8 points
C4- 7 points
C5- 6 points
C6- 5 points
Just use the above legend to calculate your O'level and divide your JAMB score by 8. This is the format UNILAG used last year.
Thumbs up, u're purely correct!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:29am On May 24, 2017
mykeh1m2:
jamb score 220 o'level result 3bs 2cs any hope for me computer engineering at oau
You have a chance to be admitted but unfortunately ur chances are insignificant!....A wise decision is to change course or institution to a more favoueable one!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:29am On May 24, 2017
edoman2016:
Please is jamb change of course and institution form out?
No not yet!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:33am On May 24, 2017
kayc0:
pls 228 in my utme B3 B3 B2 C5 C6 o level i want to change to a less competitive course in Uniben, Structural engineering with just 47 applicants last yr and thereafter i would switch to Civil engineering or pure and industrial chemistry with 185 applicants lst yr and switch to chemical engineering in my yr 2 how does this sound fellas
WOW creative enuf, but u know life don't go as sweet as this!....can you afford a state university?...If yes then change directly to chem.Engr! and save urself the time and stress!

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:36am On May 24, 2017
Arabjo:

Hy bro.. my jamb score is 199 and i have 3 c4 c5 c6 respectively and i apply for Med lab B. U. K any hope for me bro
whats the tendency of getting admission if i change my course to optometry in thesame university? thanks
199? That cant get u any medical related course. Sorry bro!...You can try educational courses!
Hy bro.. my jamb score is 199 and i have 3 c4 c5 c6 respectively and i apply for Med lab B. U. K any hope for me bro
whats the tendency of getting admission if i change my course to optometry in thesame university? thanks[/quote] 199?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:40am On May 24, 2017
ayoadekunle79:
nairalander please for God sake advice me
i score 247 in jamb with maths ,account , english and economics
and had 6 c6 and 1 c5 in neco
i initially choose adekunle ajasin uni akungba but now intended to cross to federal uni oye ekiti fuoye and hoping to study accounting
seeking advice due to the now screening process and competition please help me
am i good to go to cross
247? not bad for accounting! but C's in neco results? wahala don come!.....my dear accounting is not Beans Most especially in federal university!....Do you have any connections? or any oda course related to account?....
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:44am On May 24, 2017
Miracle121:
Please advice
!
Can I study computer Science and mathematics in uniport with this jamb result?
Use of English -53

Mathematics - 57

Chemistry - 50

Physics - 51
Total -211

Initially I applied for petrochemical engineering in RSUST but due to my low jamb score I intend changing course/institution to computer science and mathematics/ university of portharcourt. I've browse their statistics of last year (2016) number of applicants, and it's 48 people that applied for the course in the school.

Advice please

Should I go ahead and change to the course with 211 jamb??

Will I have it??

What are my chances of getting the course??

My O'level: C in parallel

Please help a brother!
Uniport will not even mind you!...But if the number of applicants is less than 50 then i'll say Congratulations!.....But if they are much, it mayb till nxt yr!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:46am On May 24, 2017
motikorede:
hello..... please nairalanders.... is civic education taken as a social science subject for political science.
Don't decieve yourself.

Social science subject are:
Economics
Geography
History
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:50am On May 24, 2017
benoinstrull:
can I get admitted for mbbs uniben with jamb score 268, and waec of 3c's and 2B's or should I change to AAU, pls I need ur advice
I LIKE you because you already have a back up!..Uniben may require higher mark! but AAU with dat score is palatable to my ears
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:51am On May 24, 2017
Anextin:
Op someone asked a very important question which u didn't answer. She asked if her chances of getting admission will be affected if she change s school. That
Is, will the school know that u changed over to them after seeing ur results. Pls answer
Change of course is a nobody to your admission aspiration!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:51am On May 24, 2017
Anextin:
Op someone asked a very important question which u didn't answer. She asked if her chances of getting admission will be affected if she change s school. That
Is, will the school know that u changed over to them after seeing ur results. Pls answer
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:53am On May 24, 2017
richardjemedafe1:
hello sir... I scored 202 and in my 0level result I got 6Credits... I applied uniJos and intend to study English language.... sir, pls what is my chances of gaining admission? or should I change Institution?

pls reply
The only answer to your question is to know how many pple applied for that course!.....If they are large, then change but if not, then remain!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 12:54am On May 24, 2017
AjiChris:
Plz when wil change of course/insti. be out?
Few days from now, Keep your fingers crossed!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by paullho: 12:54am On May 24, 2017
hello.
I have 276 in my jamb and waec combination is phy c5
math c6
bio c4
Eng b3
chem c6
.can I gain admission to study medicine or medical related courses in unn, uniben, or unical.
pls I need answers. thanks
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:00am On May 24, 2017
AJIBBS:

Hi bro

I scored 202 in this year's jamb....

My choice of course is mass communication and my total aggregate score (plus O'LEVEL) is 64.25

So, I've made up my mind to Change my course to either POLITICAL SCIENCE OR SOCIOLOGY OR ANY OTHER COURSE(based on your advice)

USING LAST YEAR'S CUT OFF MARKS AS A CASE STUDY WHICH COURSE SHOULD I CHANGE TO?

My choices of institutions are

UNILAG (1st choice)
LASU (2nd choice)
YABATECH (3rd choice)

P.S IM FROM OYO STATE

ADVICE ME LIKE I'M YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER grin

THANKS IN ADVANCE
My main man!....202 for sociology, psychology, and mass com is really a low score, but not a bad score. What dimmed your chances is the fact that you are going for a competitive university!....If only u choosed a less competitive uni, den ur chances wuld have been high!...So my advice is change to a less competive western state university!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by enikeyz: 1:02am On May 24, 2017
Please guys I scored 231 and I have C5,B3, two C4 and C6.......I Applied for pet and gas engineering in UNILAG ....what are my chances and what school can I change to for that same course with that score
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:03am On May 24, 2017
alphatron:
I scored 216 in utme nd i have 2A 2B and 1C is it possible to go for pharmacology in unilag
Your 2A and 2B have said them all....I heard that pharmacology was looking for you yesterday! check your house very well i think it is around your compound!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:08am On May 24, 2017
Dreamswayne:
My Bro Scored 183 In Jamb, 5Bs In O Level... His Course Is Art And Design... And Scul Is Yabatech.... Who Knows How Yabatech Calculate The Total Score??
yaba tech admitted student based on merit...with 190 and a good waec grade, you good to go. But with 183?....**Breaths deeply** just know d number of intending applicants!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:10am On May 24, 2017
parkparky:

unizik, chemicalengineering, 269, o'level-4'c and 1'b
am i gud to go or shud i change course pls
269 is okay but unizik admission is not pure!.....For unizik i'll say hope and pray!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Richohm(m): 1:13am On May 24, 2017
I ad dat oau did not divid o level two sittings by 2. is dis tru?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Ajewoledara: 1:15am On May 24, 2017
Pls I had 281 in jamb nd 1b2, 2b3s 1c5 nd 1c6 I am going for law unilag am I good to go
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:15am On May 24, 2017
Oezil:
scorrd 244 ..public admin ..uniben...edo state..tho i did govt eng comm nd econs for jamb..which i saw uniben accepts..whst are my chances wit dt score
244?, come on uniben is throwing it at you!...Watch out for admission bro
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Richohm(m): 1:16am On May 24, 2017
pls, who av an idea of lassu's cut off mark 4 dentistry last year?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:23am On May 24, 2017
Ksudr:
Pls advice appropriately.
Score 298 in JAMB. applied Unimaid for MBBS.
1. what are my chances of getting MBBS
2. And if I wish to change due to crisis in the area. What institution should I change to.
Olevel 3B2 2C5
298 is enuf to buy you medicine!.....Don't change anytin!....Because unimaid will come crawling at you to study mbbs in deir university!.
2]any skul with 298 wuld just do!....so my advice is, Flee competitive skul such as U.I UNILAG UNIZIK. Because most of this skul will just downplay ur score due to the high level of competition!...but unimaid wuld just be 300%sure!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (184) (Reply)

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide / University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.