Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? (39570 Views)

What Business Can I Start At The University? / Please Advise, What PROFITABLE Business Can I Start With N300,000? / What Business Can One Start With N300,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Nairalanders... Pls I want to know any profitable business one can start with a small capital of 300-350k. I know the said amount is a little change in Nigeria today to start up a business but still, no matter how small it is I know it will definitely start up something.

NB - I am very much interested in farming business but I'm not totalling rulling out the possibility of other businesses

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by whitebeard(m): 2:28pm On May 23, 2017
Sir invest some of it, and use some of it in real estate..!

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 2:28pm On May 23, 2017
Crop cultivation especially cassava.

Thank me later.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 2:38pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
Bros, I know next to nothing bout Real Estate. Can you please tell enlighten me bout it?

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Crop cultivation especially cassava.

Thank me later.
That means I will have to get a land if I am to dabble into that which I don't really think is within the above mentioned capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by whitebeard(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Bros, I know next to nothing bout Real Estate. Can you please tell enlighten me bout it?
basic real estate..

U buy a property (house, land) with for the value(initial price) to appreciate, then u sell it.

It means u buy at an initial amount and sell at a higher price..simple basic..

Like any other thing it has it's ups and down but trust me it's up are always marvelous ask Donald trump, Robert kiyosaki..this people made their fortune from real estate..

U should also download videos from YouTube on how to invest in real estate..!

4 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 2:49pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
That means I will have to get a land if I am to dabble into that which I don't really think is within the above mentioned capital

Well, it depends on where you reside because in some places, lands are even given free farming purposes. That actually depends on how you relate with the farmland owners.

Even if you have to rent, I don't think a hectar should go for more than 5k per farming season and 6 to 7 hectares should be sufficient for you.

My thought though.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Well, it depends on where you reside because in some places, lands are even given free farming purposes. That actually depends on how you relate with the farmland owners.

Even if you have to rent, I don't think a hectar should go for more than 5k per farming season and 6 to 7 hectares should be sufficient for you.

My thought though.
Thanks bro, I will really give this a thought.. But how bout the possibility of live stock farming

21 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

My thought though.
Hmmmm, thanks bro... I appreciate
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 3:01pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Hmmmm, thanks bro... I appreciate
Onelove bro.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by diamondsnoww(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2017
i know a very profitable farming business that you dont need that kind of capital to start up. with 100k or less,you are super good to go unless you choose to start super big,in that case you will be getting several several acres of land. look up my signature for my digits and whatsapp me.

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 3:19pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Thanks bro, I will really give this a thought.. But how bout the possibility of live stock farming

The only livestock farming I understand is cattle.

You buy them when they are lean/emaciated, treat them, mostly de-worming and give them Ivomec (cattle multivite) and procaine injection against infections. A seasoned non-fulani cattle businessman will readily assist you.

Don't bother discussing with the Fulanis because they are mostly illiterates and they can't be of help.

If you keep them with any cattle businessman who also keeps cattle for just 3 to 4 months, I doubt if you will ever stop the business.

The only snags here are;

1. You require at least a million naira, to enjoy it very well.

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals)

I was in the business before but I'm not stable in one place now due to my job demand.

As I have stated, that is the only animal business I understood very well.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by kpaofame: 3:35pm On May 23, 2017
nice

This plot is not for sale....

Patiently following to see which crop i can plant here

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by lockupnop: 3:35pm On May 23, 2017
If I need money ...don't think about location.

Take 20,000 go to Odelemo rent a acre of land for 1 year .Dem don dey open eye now. They will ask for 3 years.

There are ready made aboki in that town so you can pick as u like ready to work... They live in that village for farming purpose.

Well ,Clearing ,planting 100k

Favourite: ,short term: Maize, UGU , Soya beans ,

Long term , Plantain , Paw paw .... Inside here arrange a snail pen ...

Buy: grass cutter , Rabit

Then rent 2 bedrrom 30k per year
Enter market buy 1 bag of Rodo let say 30k don't know again since I left naija

Take it to Bayelsa ...u will thank me forever

Meanwhile 4 Pepper (rodo) in Bayelsa as at 2014/15 #100 naira and then in Lagos 50 naira rodo cost 300 naira in Bayelsa I use to sell Rodo pepper for copers ...

Think Think Think move around and make sure ur farm lives in your heart spend money to call call call to make sure everything is going fine arrange ur life ....

Buy Dstv, laptop and PlayStation game I can see u get internet already ..Farm will doll u but with all that all ur friend in Lagos would visit you take note and ready to host because they will be ur shield ...
Most importly Buy a German Shepherd dog which is cheap but very intelligent would go along way...

Come to nairaland time to time to show picture about your farm ... Have fun while farming ...

N.B ; for people correcting English here is my password please help me edit it

undecided

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by yankeedude(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2017
Water melon farming

3 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Hysmady(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2017
typing...
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by heykims(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2017
Any farming business
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Raxxye(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
Not only real estate!
You should have advised him to invest part of the 300 thousand naira to acquire an airline and the balance in car manufacturing.

You should be in Buhari's economic advisory team!
SMH

@OP, cassava farming is a good one. The crops aren't perishable and the demand, like most agricultural products, is ever high!
I intend dabbling into it too from next year.

92 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
Snail farming but, hey, you got to have a lot of patience because the business is gonna move slowly at snails' speed. You dig? grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
weed (igbo) and beans (ewa) 50k will do sef...highly profitable around oshogbo axis....thank me later.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by jjjjj2017: 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Plant: Cassava is good
Land: Rent

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by heykims(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
Any farming business
..as far as land is available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by SheldonCooper: 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
diamondsnoww:
i know a very profitable farming business that you dont need that kind of capital to start up. with 100k or less,you are super good to go unless you choose to start super big,in that case you will be getting several several acres of land. look up my signature for my digits and whatsapp me.

Oga . say it here, no need to look at ur signature or whatsapp you. Just say whatever farming business you are talking about . Haba

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Wiretransfer: 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The only livestock farming I understand is cattle.

You buy them when they are lean/emaciated, treat them, mostly de-worming and give them Ivomec (cattle multivite) and procaine injection against infections. A seasoned non-fulani cattle businessman will readily assist you.

Don't bother discussing with the Fulanis because they are mostly illiterates and they can't be of help.

If you keep them with any cattle businessman who also keeps cattle for just 3 to 4 months, I doubt if you will ever stop the business.

The only snags here are;

1. You require at least a million naira, to enjoy it very well.

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals)

I was in the business before but I'm not stable in one place now due to my job demand.

As I have stated, that is the only animal business I understood very well.

Really? Of all the agricultural businesses this is what you are recommending? Have you heard of Fulani herdsmen? SMH

8 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
diamondsnoww:
you know?
then say it here na..................abi u wan sell ebook?

32 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by brandydaniells(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2017
fishery..poultry... dog rearing .........pigstry ........thank me later

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by abescom: 3:38pm On May 23, 2017
Following this.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by nextstep(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:

Which some in real estate? Out of 500k?

Maize or Cassava farming, assuming you can find land to rent at this time... it's already late into the start of farming season...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by rottenegg: 3:39pm On May 23, 2017
Depending on 2 things;
1) Do you have land?
2) Location or where you reside?

If you have #1 and its almost 250sqm in area or more, then just buy water leaf and plant. Buy organic manure and have a point to irrigate... Make as many water leaf beds as possible...
Thank me later

8 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by petux(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2017
diamondsnoww:
if u know it just post it here..alot of people can also learn..must they chat una privately ..tchewe scanners oshi

12 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 23, 2017
What about cat-fishing? The only thing hindering me from engaging into this business line is just land and a conducive environment...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Profitable Small Business Ideas For Nigerians / History Of Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate (1972-2019) / Man Strips Unclad At Debtor's House To Demand He Pays Him His Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.