Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated (25659 Views)

..... Volvo xc90 the most Underrated SUV ever..... / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... / Most Underrated Car Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by autosina: 2:38am On May 24, 2017
Was surfing the net few days ago and realized the sportiness of Mazda car designs over Toyota and Honda models, and I wonder why Nigerians aren't patronizing them.
The one below even has the face of a BMW 3 series.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 3:29am On May 24, 2017
Generally speaking, in Nigeria _we buy cars based on; RECOMMENDATION, PERCEPTION, AFFORDABILITY, RESALE VALUE, FUEL ECONOMY grin, AVAILABILITY OF ITS AUTO-MECHANICS & SPARE PARTS, etc. Mazda doesn't tick all the checklist, but Toyota and Honda has offered us that and more(on a platter). It would take a whole lot for any other brand to topple their total market share.

Japanese cars Honda/Toyota are mass produced, they target every segment of the market, by age, gender, disposable income, etc. Their cars are also highly user friendly, welcoming to DIYs _ everyone can own and care for one. Unlike mazda cars that seems to be for enthusiasts, sadly the average Nigerian car owner isn't one.

We owned a 626 way back, when we sold that car _ it was like, we won the war against Haman. Please don't ask me why.

In a nutshell, I really don't think they're underrated, I think they're paying the price for not being mainstream plus the sins of their forefathers (older models).

I know not anything 'bout their performance , you can ask Nurey, he sells mazda cars at Obalende.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Lexusgs430: 5:18am On May 24, 2017
Brand Snobbery....... Which is usually good for 2nd hand buyers......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:12am On May 24, 2017
PaperLace:
Generally speaking, in Nigeria _we buy cars based on; RECOMMENDATION, PERCEPTION, AFFORDABILITY, RESALE VALUE, FUEL ECONOMY grin, AVAILABILITY OF ITS AUTO-MECHANICS & SPARE PARTS, etc. Mazda doesn't tick all the checklist, but Toyota and Honda has offered us that and more(on a platter). It would take a whole lot for any other brand to topple their total market share.

Japanese cars are mass produced, they target every segment of the market, by age, gender, disposable income, etc. Their cars are also highly user friendly, welcoming to DIYs _ everyone can own and care for one. Unlike mazda cars that seems to be for enthusiasts, sadly the average Nigerian car owner isn't one.

We owned a 626 way back, when we sold that car _ it was like, we won the war against Haman. Please don't ask me why.

In a nutshell, I really don't think they're underrated, I think they're paying the price for not being mainstream plus the sins of their forefathers (older models).

excellent summary.

I didn't know you knew nurey that well grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 6:47am On May 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

excellent summary.

I didn't know you knew nurey that well grin
Thanks Sir.

Now you know, that I know, that you know, that I know him that well...
(repeat it 10 times and win 1 mazda 626 grin )

31 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by ntyce(m): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
Isn't Mazda a Japanese product?
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
Cause the name sound like MAZA-MAZA grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 7:27am On May 24, 2017
ntyce:
Isn't Mazda a Japanese product?
I would have sworn it's American. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Tending: 7:27am On May 24, 2017
seanj03:

Fixed match won today again still not by my power but God who made every win possible. next fixed ll'be 24th by 8:30am, Time is currency.

SCAMMMMMER. OLE

33 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Engrobiorah(m): 7:27am On May 24, 2017
chijioke00115:
call or whatsapp the number in the picture below if interested thanks
Sell ur land and play alone
Enjoy alone too

20 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Tending: 7:28am On May 24, 2017
chijioke00115:

Scammmer. Mumu. Go create your site

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Pavore9: 7:29am On May 24, 2017
My father had one, way back in the 80's......Mazda 323. That vehicle was low maintenance.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Engrobiorah(m): 7:29am On May 24, 2017
seanj03:

Fixed match won today again still not by my power but God who made every win possible. next fixed ll'be 24th by 8:30am, Time is currency.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Alitair(m): 7:31am On May 24, 2017
grin

My brother go to port harcourt especially rumuola and its environs, you would have no second thoughts about getting a mazda except you want to start transport business.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by hayjayman(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2017
Mazda for life anywhere I dey...Toyota and Honda are over hyped in this part of the world....you will get to some more developed countries, and you will ask yourself if toyota and Honda ever existed at all.only in africa.....my Mazda 626 has never left me stranded on rhe Road where I see bonnets of Honda and Toyota almost in every traffic of lagos...

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Acidosis(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2017
...because Nigerians are highly judgemental sets of people, who rather than make their own evaluation, rely on public opinions.

I don't own one, but most Mazda owners don't complain about maintenance, unlike Honda (many of whom visit all kinds of Mechanics on a bi-monthly basis).

Mazda cars are also relatively durable and more affordable. An example is Mazda MPV versus Toyota Siena.

21 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by DollarAngel(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2017
Good
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Unekz(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2017
chijioke00115:
Scammer.Why not invest all your life savings in its and stop disturbin us with fixed match.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by maxiuc(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2017
Mazda is inferior

All this their new model are nothing but plastic

So inferior

My neighbor bought a clean Mazda under 1yr come nd see the car even though he doesn't drive it regular

Their inferiority complex in this modern days Mazda
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Structuralman: 7:41am On May 24, 2017
AUTOjosh: Please come and provide your professional answer to the OP.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 7:41am On May 24, 2017
They aren't underrated, it depends on location.
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by fineboynl(m): 7:42am On May 24, 2017
..Nigerians buy cars with public opinion and demands. they are now moving to Benz. even old model Benz like vboot just because people are using latest Benz. those who can't afford latest will likely go for older version. and the price tag is going up right now. even older Benz like 190 is now been seen on the road like pure water

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2017
Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 ... You guys should ban all those people that post betting slips of fixed matches.

What nonsense?

How can you have a genuine Intel like that and want to share it with everyone?

It can never happen... You will keep it to yourself and keep getting richer.

It sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

Those guys are scammers.

Ban them asap.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Arewa12: 7:47am On May 24, 2017
Mazda Mazda Mazda
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by FlexTrex: 7:47am On May 24, 2017
Gazzuzz, abeg give your thoughts in addition to seconding the above. we value your input.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by olowobaba10: 7:50am On May 24, 2017
NIGERIANS LIKE DESIGNERS AND BIG NAMES, PERIOD !

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2017
FlexTrex:
Gazzuzz, abeg give your thoughts in addition to seconding the above. we value your input.

Fragile engine. Scarce suspension parts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by noeloge82(m): 7:59am On May 24, 2017
maxiuc:
Mazda is inferior

All this their new model are nothing but plastic

So inferior

My neighbor bought a clean Mazda under 1yr come nd see the car even though he doesn't drive it regular

Their inferiority complex in this modern days Mazda
I don't think he bought a good product
Mazda products a very good and d parts are very cheap compared to toyota and d likes

I have a Mazda 626 for 10yrs now I can tell u that the car is very economical maintainance wise and even fuel wise when compare to my Toyota corolla which is just 3yrs now

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by noeloge82(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Fragile engine. Scarce suspension parts.

That's what I was told when I wanted to buy my 626 , 10yrs ago and uptill date I have never worked on my engine I only service it once in 3 months

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's / What You Should Know About Tricycle Ambulances In Nigeria And Africa- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.