Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day (13395 Views)

OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory / Adebayo Shittu Backtracks, Says 'it'll Be A Pleasant Thing To Go For NYSC' / Governor Nyesom Wike Warns IPOB, Says "Steer Clear Of Rivers State" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Youngadvocate(m): 7:22am On May 24, 2017
The Enugu State Police Command has fired warning to the Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, and Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, stating that it would resist any attempt by the groups to force people to stay indoors on May 30, as they celebrate the 50 years of declaration of the defunct Biafran Republic.

BIM and IPOB in their separate ways, had continued to sensitize their members on the planned planned sit-at-home through their sensitisation programme by appealing to the “Biafrans,” to observe May 30 as the 50 year anniversary of the declaration of Biafra by late Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu by sitting at home.

According to Vanguard, it has also been posting videos and sending oral messages in various languages in the South-East and South-South, including Igbo, Urhobo, Izan, Itsekiri, Isoko, pigin English, among others, through WhatsApp to the Biafrans on the need to stay at home on that day, which was also meant to honour those who died fighting to realise the dream country.

However, a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer, PRO, of the command, Ebere Amaraizu, in Enugu, yesterday, on the campaign by IPOB that traders and other major stakeholders should sit at home as a sign of respect for those who died during and after the three years civil war from 1967 to 1970, warned that the police would not shirk in its responsibilities of maintaining peace and order.

Amaraizu’s statement read in part: “The Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force, NPF, wishes to inform members of the public, particularly the good people of the state, that its attention has been drawn to an alleged sit-at-home order being circulated by groups of persons masquerading under the aegis of Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, among others. “

In view of the above, the command wishes to advise members of the public to disregard such order and go about their normal lawful businesses as the state command, in partnership with other sister security agencies in the state as well as relevant stake holders, is assuring members of the public of their safety and security in the state.”

“The command in addition, reminds those fanning embers of any unlawful act together with their supporters to desist from any act capable of truncating the existing peace in the state as anyone caught, will be made to face the law.”

http://igbobia.com/?q=enugu-state-police-warns-ipob-bim-says-it-will-resist-sit-at-home-on-biafra-daysee-statement.html

2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Stoicbaba(m): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
Another movie is about to be played...
Actor - IPOB
Boss - Police (FED GOVT)

Watch out for the action packed film

Modified...So I can actually be FTC l...hmmm...ain't feeling much different though

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by taylor88(m): 7:25am On May 24, 2017
is it their sitting?

don't know why some group of people are so scared of hunger been on there own

when they claim they have yam,kunu,cattle,gworo,kulikuli,rice,kpomo,shoe-shiners and indi obioma

must northerners and some deluded afonjas drag every body to one Nigeria?

We no wan do again naa, we are not a DOIST

see problem ooo

am a full blooded Rivers man and me and my family proudly support BIAFRA

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Arda1000(m): 7:27am On May 24, 2017
If the people want to sit at home let them sit at home, police should learn to mind their business

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by ba2undey(m): 7:27am On May 24, 2017
Just passing by

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:30am On May 24, 2017
Stoicbaba:
Another movie is about to be played...
Actor - IPOB
Boss - Police (FED GOVT)

Watch out for the action packed film
There is no movie anywhere
Stop all these nonsense
Ipob is not forcing anyone to stay indoors
The people voluntarily wants to rest on biafran day.....

There is no news here jare.. undecided

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Stoicbaba(m): 7:35am On May 24, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

There is no movie anywhere
Stop all these nonsense
Ipob is not forcing anyone to stay indoors
The people voluntarily wants to rest on biafran day.....

There is no news here jare.. undecided

Ok Sir. ..me no just want people to be forced to do what they don't wanna do...There is recession and some persons eat from the petty trade they do daily...

Equally, I hope it will be a peaceful day, as anything otherwise will swing the "Boss" being remote controlled to act the master's script...by then it would have been a complete movie...

Hope, you won't say..."u said so"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Agumbankembu: 7:37am On May 24, 2017
Are you going to force people out from their houses?
Police sef.

46 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by VanNistelrooy24: 7:37am On May 24, 2017
But I don't really understand why the FG won't allow these people be. Always trying to take the sugar out of their Tea.

Abeg, lemme go and teach my students "Freedom of Expression"

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Nwodosis(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2017
Will you force one out of his /her house?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by subtlemee(f): 7:56am On May 24, 2017
This leaders will just sit at home and enjoy buffet meals and loots from government while the foolish,brainwashed youths will go out with only kai kai and weed in their stomach and lungs to become nuisance and end up being wounded or killed by police...this recession has really made some of us senseless

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Yyeske(m): 8:06am On May 24, 2017
Arda1000:
If the people want to sit at home let them sit at home, police should learn to mind their business
The miscreants sitting in their houses is not the problem but disturbing and intimidating others like us who would want to go about their business, the disruptions and destruction last year is still fresh. Ask residents of Onitsha

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by IdeyFindWife: 8:14am On May 24, 2017
Kill&Go Police Force up to their usual lame tricks again.

If people wanna sit at home, you cannot go indoors and get them out by force; all, you can do is ensure the streets are safe.

And, adopting an alarmist preemption stance of catastrophe won't help or put the communities at rest.

This people know nothing besides their guns and batons~

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by lowkey0147: 8:24am On May 24, 2017
All this weak ass Nigerian police sef, always showing the masses how empty their brain is...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Nobody: 8:24am On May 24, 2017
subtlemee:
[s]This leaders will just sit at home and enjoy buffet meals and loots from government while the foolish,brainwashed youths will go out with only kai kai and weed in their stomach and lungs to become nuisance and end up being wounded or killed by police...this recession has really made some of us senseless[/s]

Senseless rant

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Nobody: 8:29am On May 24, 2017
Nonsense....south east governors is far from the people.....

May 30 should be a remarkable day for every old easterners.... but they make it look unlawful

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by anibi9674: 8:32am On May 24, 2017
afterall the Yoruba's observe June 12 as a public holiday.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by aribisala0(m): 8:35am On May 24, 2017
Nwodosis:
Will you force one out of his /her house?
Are you literate. They said they will not allow anyone to force others to stay at home. If you want to stay at home that is your business but don't impose that on anyone by force
stating that it would resist any attempt by the groups to force people to stay indoors on May 30,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by xcolanto(m): 8:40am On May 24, 2017
Rubbish news! BMC crew and their imaginative tales for their gullible zombies! Since when did unknown blogs become a credible medium for the Enugu state government and the police to be issuing out senseless ultimatum which holds no water? What's wrong with people sitting at their homes if they choose to? Is IPOB and BIM going to go around on the 30th evicting people from their homes? Or is the Enugu state government or the police going to do that? Mumu news for haters and sowth westerners to self-service on tongue

11 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Kemperor: 9:06am On May 24, 2017
Imagine.... So if i sit down for my house then police go come arrest me or force me come out... 9ja

12 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Yyeske(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2017
anibi9674:
afterall the Yoruba's observe June 12 as a public holiday.
You are right about June 12 being observed by some states in the SW but markets and free movement are still allowed unlike the IPOB miscreants who go about vandalizing and setting bonfires along major roads thereby forcing everyone to sit at home by fire by force.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Nwakaumu(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2017
Yyeske:
The miscreants sitting in their houses is not the problem but disturbing and intimidating others like us who would want to go about their business, the disruptions and destruction last year is still fresh. Ask residents of Onitsha
I live in onitsha where did the destruction happen?or are you too embarrassed to tell the world how your Zoo Zombie soldiers and police invaded a catholic church at nkpor to murder unarmed innocent civilian who were in the church.you must be Yoruba,because your people. Are bare-faced shameless liers.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Yyeske(m): 10:22am On May 24, 2017
Nwakaumu:
I live in onitsha where did the destruction happen?or are you too embarrassed to tell the world how your Zoo Zombie soldiers and police invaded a catholic church at nkpor to murder unarmed innocent civilian who were in the church.you must be Yoruba,because your people. Are bare-faced shameless liers.
I guess you're new on nairaland you scum for calling me a Yoruba man(no big deal about that anyway). I equally live in Onitsha and you should go to Awada and ask residents of the vandalization of vehicles and shops not even opened. Are you telling me the bonfires we saw last year on several of your sit at home happened in Paris or Lagos? Twist it anyhow, truth must be told because I experienced it firsthand

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 11:14am On May 24, 2017
Uwazuruike is a desperate lunatic. Is obvious to any comprehensive person that this is a deliberate connivance of Uwazuruike and his masters in the zoo government to use the Name, efforts and commitment of IPOB to secure some unmerited attention, publicity and glory. Uwazuruike had repeatedly criticised the SIT AT HOME EVENT which will take place on 30th of may across the Biafra land and extensive to some other states in the zoo, and he equally made it clear that he is not in support of the event, so why are they now trying to attach unknown bim to the name of IPOB Worldwide? They didn't even mention MASSOB and that clearly shows that Uwazuruike is behind all the recent noises about bim this bim that. According to their statement it partly reads: The Enugu State police command of the Nigeria Police Force NPF wishes to inform the public particularly the good people of state that its attention has been drawn to an alleged Sit At Home organized by groups masquerading under the aeges of Biafra Independence Movement among Others; that means that the bim is now the ones organizing the event, and IPOB is now relegated as "others" thereby attempting to highjack the goals of IPOB. Uwazuruike is a failure.

17 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by IhateAfonjas(m): 11:51am On May 24, 2017

Police

Your own na small case

After dealing with Buhari and defeating him, i think say una go learn from that

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by brainpulse: 11:51am On May 24, 2017
cool please shoot at sight
Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Ezedon(m): 11:52am On May 24, 2017
All Nigerian Policemen are mad, some useless ones deployed to Enugu robbed me of my hard earned money because I forgot my driving license, what is there business if ipob sit at home

11 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by Sunnycliff(m): 11:52am On May 24, 2017
Is it a crime now to sit at home?/What's wrong with our police??

8 Likes

Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by jerrybakermillz(m): 11:52am On May 24, 2017
Kk...
Re: Enugu State Police Warns IPOB, BIM, Says It'll Resist Sit-at-home On Biafra Day by eyeview: 11:53am On May 24, 2017
Please exactly how can police resist sit at home?
They will break your door and force you out to your workplace or shop? Just thinking....

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Freed Ex-minister, Akwanga , After Ransom Paid / 2019: Labour Party Pledges 16m Votes For PMB / Firm Linked To Yari Deposited The Sum Of $90m Cash In 13 Tranches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.