Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend (24228 Views)

Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? / I'm In Love With A Single Mother Of Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2017
to the Op

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by ekems2017(f): 12:09pm On May 24, 2017
W
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by jimcoservices: 12:10pm On May 24, 2017
If she a Yoruba Muslim, no issue but if the other way round, guy ur death is near

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by doyinbaby(f): 12:11pm On May 24, 2017
Cut loose from this relationship....go and look for a fellow Christian to marry
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by ipodstinks: 12:11pm On May 24, 2017
Nothing do you. I called a friend of mine yesterday on phone, I was hearing noise and asked him what happened, he said he was coming from church. I pretended not to hear him and I asked him again, he said he was coming from church. I was shocked to hear him saying he was coming from church and I told him that but he's a Muslim na, he said I should bone that that he's no more a Muslim. I asked why, he said when we see. So bros, if you love her, go for her and forget all this religion things. Only God knows who serves him.

5 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Zeinymira(f): 12:12pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You get it sis, you get it. I do think of things like our children, praying together and stuffs like that. I've actually tried 'moving on', but I just can't. I've tried cutting contact from her, but it didnot work. It's just like torture, everyday torture.

Try more please....

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 12:12pm On May 24, 2017
AworiLagosian:
I pity you.

Only Yoruba Muslims and Christians are somewhat free to intermarry.

The others... NO GO AREA.

jimcoservices:
If she a Yoruba Muslim, no issue but if the other way round, guy ur death is near

Actually, we are yorubas.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 24, 2017
These are jst adrenaline feelings. When marriage sets in with the kids... Nd d issues after ur Union... The greater impact will be on the kids... But if u can damn the consequences... Proceed.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 24, 2017
I refer you to Ahmed Musa Case, You shall learn a lesson or two on how Money can silence Faith.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by begwong: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
Y'all sounding like u gave a fvck

Hw dos it concern me wen d trouble looms
your moniker says it all!
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by swiperthefox: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You get it sis, you get it. I do think of things like our children, praying together and stuffs like that. I've actually tried 'moving on', but I just can't. I've tried cutting contact from her, but it didnot work. It's just like torture, everyday torture.
It seems as if you are looking for permission to go ahead with this relationship. If you have made up your mind go ahead but just know that light and darkness cannot dwell together. My advice is that you should cut all contacts and focus on finding a good Christian girl to marry.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by oscaruzie(m): 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You get it bro, it's like torture. My fear actually is how will it work? I guess, We are going to have clashes in philosophies due to differences in religion. We are both attached to our religions, but I'm surprised I can't obey the law that "do not be unevenly attached to unbelievers". Love trully has no boundaries, if we are to be sincere with ourselves.

Thanks for your reply..I really appreciate it.

...and you had to call her an unbeliever...religion has done a lot of harm, blinded us, put us against brothers and sisters, even dearly loved ones. things like this atheists see and laugh at us 'believers'. God is Love. Allah is Love (at least that's what they say and we wanna believe). so bros, na your hand e dey. e go be later.

4 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AworiLagosian: 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

Cool then.
Maybe you can try your luck and see where it goes.
Mind you, she has to love you deeply as well, not just one way love.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by truthstands11: 12:17pm On May 24, 2017
If you seriously want to serve God in truth and in spirit and end up in His kingdom, you have to let this feeling go. The two religions are completely opposite to each other. Bible says for a man shall leave father and mother and be joined to his wife and both of them shall become one flesh. Muslims don't believe that Jesus Christ is their personal Lord and saviour. You cannot make heaven without accepting Jesus Christ. So, stay clear and pray for such feelings to go off your mind if you are truly a child of God. Two of you cannot be compatible at all. How will you pray at home if you marry her? In the name of who will you end the prayers? My dear, to be factual, it won't work.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by ivolt: 12:18pm On May 24, 2017
luckyz4rea:

If your Bible not religion means anything to you you'll not go or do anything contrary to it. Whatever reduces or will reduce you to what you are not or should not be, desist from it with immediate effect!

Don't let impulsive feelings get the best of you as it did to Adam and he went against what he was warned not to do, unless of course you want to be like Adam! I know you wouldn't want to be like him so do the right thing - follow the Truth

I know your type will soon arrive,
religious fanatics with nothing to show for it.
There are many moral instructions in the bible but
the only one you are capable of following is that
of divisiveness.
SMH

@OP go with your heart, if the relationship will fail
don't let it be from your own end.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by begwong: 12:18pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You are good to go bro.We had a yoruba muslim that married the daughter of a yoruba bishop and theyare living happily.They both celebrate all festive seasons with their kids,its left for the kids to choose which religion when they finally become self dependant.BUT IF NA FULANI OR HAUSA,they will slaughter you alive ooo shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by jashar(f): 12:19pm On May 24, 2017
undecided
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 12:20pm On May 24, 2017
oscaruzie:

...and you had to call her an unbeliever...religion has done a lot of harm, blinded us, put us against brothers and sisters, even dearly loved ones. things like this atheists see and laugh at us 'believers'. God is Love. Allah is Love (at least that's what they say and we wanna believe). so bros, na your hand e dey. e go be later.

Thanks bro. at the bolded; I was quoting a parts of a Bible verse.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by TheLogicalMind(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2017
TRY AND ACQUAINT YOURSELF WITH ISLAM BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO IT grin

Book 028, Number 5612:

Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine.

If you love playing chess, I'm afraid you'll have to give it up once you marry your muslim wife my bro.

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 366:

Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:

The Prophet said, ‘When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else.”

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 619:

Narrated Nazi’:

Abdullah bin ‘Umar said, “The Prophet said, ‘Fever is from the heat of Hell, so put it out (cool it) with water.’ “ Nafi’ added: ‘Abdullah used to say, “O Allah! Relieve us from the punishment,” (when he suffered from fever).

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 17:

Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:

When I got married, Allah’s Apostle said to me, “What type of lady have you married?” I replied, “I have married a matron’ He said, “Why, don’t you have a liking for the virgins and for handling them?” Jabir also said: Allah’s Apostle said, “Why didn’t you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?’

[MY COMMENT: Muhammad married Aisha when she was six years old, and consummated the marriage sexually when she was nine and he was 54.]

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 229:

Narrated ‘Aisha:

I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it (water spots were still visible).

Volume 1, Book 5, Number 282:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet used to visit all his wives in one night and he had nine wives at that time.

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said “If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease.”

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 594:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, “Allah puts an angel in charge of the uterus and the angel says, ‘O Lord, it is semen! O Lord, it is now a clot! O Lord, it is now a piece of flesh.’ And then, if Allah wishes to complete its creation, the angel asks, ‘O Lord, will it be a male or a female? Will it be a wretched evil doer or a blessed doer of good? How much will his provisions be? What will his age be?’ So all that is written while the creature is still in the mother’s womb.”

NOTE TO OP:

I hope you read this. If you still want to marry a muzzie after reading it, then you might be in need of deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 24, 2017
truthstands11:
If you seriously want to serve God in truth and in spirit and end up in His kingdom, you have to let this feeling go. The two religions are completely opposite to each other. Bible says for a man shall leave father and mother and be joined to his wife and both of them shall become one flesh. Muslims don't believe that Jesus Christ is their personal Lord and saviour. You cannot make heaven without accepting Jesus Christ. So, stay clear and pray for such feelings to ho off your mind if you are truly a child of God. Two of you cannot be compatible at all. How will you pray at home if you marry her? In the name of who will you end the prayers? My dear, to be factual, it won't work.

Keep quiet with this trash you wrote. Folks needs to quit this religion nonsense especially when it gets to the head. Moreso, if you feel she's the one for you proceed with her.

Loads of jargons written all over this thread, we see how people of same faith divorced each other while of different faiths/ethnic groups lasted forever.

Don't blind yourself with religion.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by northvietnam(m): 12:24pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You get it bro, it's like torture. My fear actually is how will it work? I guess, We are going to have clashes in philosophies due to differences in religion. We are both attached to our religions, but I'm surprised I can't obey the law that "do not be unevenly attached to unbelievers". Love trully has no boundaries, if we are to be sincere with ourselves.

Thanks for your reply..I really appreciate it.

just like Samson, falling in Luv with the wrong woman... (The uncircumcised)...

Are you sure u know ur Bible very well Mr....

Well bashing iz Allowed
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Lilimax(f): 12:24pm On May 24, 2017
ImaIma1:
Hmmm...well in your case you are the guy snd she might end up becoming a Christian. But if she doesn't, there will be differences and clashed. Love is not enough to sustain a marriage. So you have to project fivd yrs down the line...ten years... . I was in love with a muslim guy at one point abd I saw in him a lot of things i wanted in a husband. But i thought about a lot of things like how would we bring up the children...will they be torn between being Christian or Muslim...would my husband and I be able to pray together...etc. and i knew i was never going to convert and so I moved on.
The moral of my story...weigh all the options before making ur decision.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 24, 2017
begwong:

You are good to go bro.We had a yoruba muslim that married the daughter of a yoruba bishop and theyare living happily.They both celebrate all festive seasons with their kids,its left for the kids to choose which religion when they finally become self dependant.BUT IF NA FULANI OR HAUSA,they will slaughter you alive ooo shocked shocked

This is very best thing. When the kids are of age, they choose whatever pays them not this nonsense folks preach about as though we haven't seen worst from same faith marriages
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by freshsmell(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2017
That's the society we find ourselves where pple are judged by the smallest difference like religion, ethnicity, race, height, body structure, nose and ear size ...etc. btw don't get too excited , she may not even feel that way bout you. Girls are excellent at playing along.

for your specially customized perfume souvenir for your event check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by livinbygrace: 12:27pm On May 24, 2017
I wont discourage you but you should be ready for both physical and spiritual attack from her family and their Alfas .They dont let go easily and will surely fight you spiritually.I am talking from experience.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 12:27pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
A lot of reasonable people will tell you that it is proper that people who do not share the same religious beliefs should not get married because of the expected collieries we have witnessed . But there are instances like Mark Zuckerberg (practicing Jew) and his wife Priscilla Chan (Buddhist) and I've got two friends who have Muslim dads and Christian moms - we can see from these instances that the foundation of those marriages is built on love . Love begets religious tolerance and precludes religious bigotry .

But as a Christian do you think you handle the downside of that ? Consider your spiritual growth as a family . And your kids . Which religion will they belong to ? Mum's or dad's ? Or will you give them the freedom to choose theirs ? My friend goes to both Church and the Mosque - can you handle this level of confusion ? And of course , the heated arguments that'd ensue because of your religious differences . People can be very passionate about their religious beliefs . What about religious holidays ? Would you be comfortable with your spouse's religious holiday celebrations ? Would you join her to celebrate ? What if you don't? Can you handle her repulsive reactions and the awkward moments ?

Thanks bro. I will ponder on your questions.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
livinbygrace:
I wont discourage you but you should be ready for both physical and spiritual attack from her family and their Alfas .They dont let go easily and will surely fight you spiritually.I am talking from experience.

See another demented foool

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Mujtahida: 12:29pm On May 24, 2017
Enjoy the torture. That's what makes the love sweet. Once the element of torture is removed the love would become ordinary and stale. Torture is the spiritual quality that is making your love for her burn. Nurture it in your soul by enduring the pain rather than telling her how you feel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things Girls Should Know About Boys / Couple Rock Man United Jersey In Pre-Wedding Photos / LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.