Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend (24221 Views)

Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? / I'm In Love With A Single Mother Of Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by ip2121918021(m): 1:04pm On May 24, 2017
ollah1:

See another demented foool

Very stupid fool angry
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by TwoBottles: 1:06pm On May 24, 2017
Don't be like "Smokie" who lived next door to Alice for 24yrs and couldn't tell her his feelings towards her.

Man up!
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 24, 2017
Bros find a way to take off, this is a life time commitment, it is not a joke. With this religion issue, you are bound to lose out. Find another woman that will love you, there are everywhere if and only if you look very well.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by jonbellion(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2017
I don't see a problem with it. Tolerance is the key
My cousin has a muslim mum and christian dad and they have no problems. They celebrate both Christmas and the eid holidays
Well my cousin....err I wouldn't say I know her religious affiliation she's indifferent towards the whole thing I guess smiley
But that's the problem all these dumb ideologies have a way of dividing people. That's why I'm not a fan of religion. It divides more than it unites. There is really no barrier if you like her then go for it man. On the issue of kids you are supposed to make them come of age before they decide sensitive things like this. Don't force this shit into them at a young age. Sure they go to church or the mosque if they like but a child is not a christian child or a muslim child because a child is not mature enough to decide on desicions like that. A child is s child. When they old enough to weigh the options they will decide and whatever they decide you should let them be. I'm not religious but if my child is later on I wont mind so far the desicion was made by his/her self smiley
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2017
jonbellion:
I don't see a problem with it. Tolerance is the key
My cousin has a muslim mum and christian dad and they have no problems. They celebrate both Christmas and the eid holidays
Well my cousin....err I wouldn't say I know her religious affiliation she's indifferent towards the whole thing I guess smiley
But that's the problem all these dumb ideologies have a way of dividing people. That's why I'm not a fan of religion. There is really no barrier if you like her then go for it man. On the issue of kids you are supposed to make them come of age before they decide sensible things like this. Don't force this shit into them at a young age. When their old enough to weigh the options they will decide wink

Atheism has so many ways of diving people . Look at North Korea !
tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by udoh2k: 1:12pm On May 24, 2017
Bros, this is not true love. True love does not torture.
True love does not take all part of you, but gives you allowance (allowance to reason, allowance to stay apart for a while without feeling that you have missed too much).
This is emotion that makes people kill themselves, pour acid, take poison etc when one partner 'disappoints'.

This is the type of 'love' that breaks heart.

This type of emotion dies slowly after s3x.

My argument is not about religion but the "pressure from within you". It's not real.

However,if you are a Christian, the injunctions are crystal clear to guide you.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by jonbellion(m): 1:12pm On May 24, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism has so many ways of diving people . Look at North Korea !
tongue
that's what you know you seem to really love that country
You better move to north Korea
Your fatherland tongue
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by luckyz4rea(m): 1:13pm On May 24, 2017
ivolt:

I know your type will soon arrive,
religious fanatics with nothing to show for it.
There are many moral instructions in the bible but
the only one you are capable of following is that
of divisiveness.
SMH

@OP go with your heart, if the relationship will fail
don't let it be from your own end.

I knew comments from people like you will surface no matter how much one tries to teach about morals that you mentioned but aren't living by.

My comment and yours which is moral? Mr morality!
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by just2endowed: 1:13pm On May 24, 2017
Keneking:
At least there is no password in this thread grin

Non-Christian thread demand password to comment...Why Seun?

Lol coz Nigeria is like nairaland and Seun hit the big shot.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 1:14pm On May 24, 2017
charlesluthor:
bro jst make ur feelns knw to her. we dnt even knw if she loves u. U re jst assuming she loves u. Girls can be confusing. Make ur feelns knwn nd hear her response. afterall, not all relationships leads to marriage

Thanks bro, that"s wat I plan to do.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by ImaIma1(f): 1:19pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You get it sis, you get it. I do think of things like our children, praying together and stuffs like that. I've actually tried 'moving on', but I just can't. I've tried cutting contact from her, but it didnot work. It's just like torture, everyday torture.

The love "shacking" both of you will mellow when push comes to shove. You really need to use your head as well as your heart.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by tunde82seidat(f): 1:21pm On May 24, 2017
Jiang:
OGA JUST MOVE ON B4 YOU END UP WITH A HEART ACHE. This relationship will never work in real life. Unless ofcourse its a movie. then you get a happily ever after
Myopic.v seen many that worked..Fashola is a Muslim n wife xtian

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by luckyz4rea(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2017
ivolt:

I know your type will soon arrive,
religious fanatics with nothing to show for it.
There are many moral instructions in the bible but
the only one you are capable of following is that
of divisiveness.
SMH

@OP go with your heart, if the relationship will fail
don't let it be from your own end.

I knew comments from people like you will surface no matter how much one tries to teach about morals as you have mentioned but indicted by it. I will not castigate you because your comment is limited to your knowledge!

Check all my comments on Nairaland since i joined till now, you'll NEVER see a divisisive one as you have wrongly alleged!
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by zoedicus: 1:25pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:
Hello Nairalanders. Pls I want to share my love story with you. I'm a christian and there is this my high school friend that we grew fond of each while in high school, we had been "just friends".

While in SS3, I was a prefect and she was my assistant. This gave us more time together, back then we never thought of romance, we were just the "serious type" always discussing our studies and helping each other. We were best of friends.

It was during the last days at High School that we realised how attached we had grown to each other, I remember we talked about how we will miss each other in a 'friendly' manner while taking a walk round the school.

In those days, I realised I had more feelings than friendship towards her but I do tell my self that it was just infatuation that once we leave each other, the feeelings will die off and I will perhaps meet someone else.

Four years down the line, we still can't let go of each other, we usually only talked on phone and social media not until some months ago that I decided to pay her a visit in her home.

The visit was so nostalgic, we were delighted to see each other but we both kept on hiding our feelings. I think we are both pretending not to feel anything beyond friendship. This is because of differences in our religion.

I met with her dad, an Alhaji, that day, and we also discussed Nigeria and the waxing hardship, I sense he was quite liberal. Maybe that's because I and his daughter were "just friends".

Now, our calls usually starts well but ends cold, when it's time to say goodbye, we are both pretending towards each other. I know, and I think she knows also.

If we had been of the same religion, I would have made my feelings known to her but I just can't summon the courage to do so now. Our differences in religion didnot stop me from loving her but stopping me from having her.

I would like your suggestions. Have you ever been in such situation before? How did you do it?

Pls I want mature suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Tell her and let her know what's in stock. If he agrees, you both will work on modalities for relationship.

But let your own parents and her parents know from the start.. .
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by tosyne2much(m): 1:35pm On May 24, 2017
luscioustrish:
Her father is an Alhaji.

Where would the wedding the take place?

Will the naming of your kids be done by the pastor or Alfa?

Will they be Christians or Muslims?

Can you handle the heat from your family and hers when the time comes?

You know what to do when you've answered these questions.

Love is not enough.
Nice one jawe

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 24, 2017
just convert to islam...the rest will be easy

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by translux(m): 1:40pm On May 24, 2017
Let me tell you a story about myself, when I was in Iaspotech back then rounding up my HND, I had 2 girl friends, one is christian, the other Muslim, I love the christian so much because I know her first, we had misunderstanding before I started dating the Muslim lady, I have decided that I will get married to the christian lady because I am a christian but every week there must be misunderstanding between me and my christian lady, we dated for six years but I can tell you that that six years was like hell with the one I have choosed for marriage until one day, I went to my Christian lady house and discovered how she was rude to people just the same way she was rude to me and I thought within myself that I will have problems if I continue with my christian lady, my Muslim Lady on the other hand was a gentle lady, very humble and respectful, I have never quarrel or argue over any issue for 5 years but I was looking her religion then as an hindrance, so I decided to pray a lot, I pray like never before, then I began to consider her as my wife and that was how we got married, and on our wedding day I make sure that I paid her bride price in double with very big yams and others so her parent will know that she is no longer theirs because automatically she is changing her religion to Christianity, my wife is a prayer warrior in mountain of fire and I am an evangelist, I thank God for the woman I married because God has really blessed me in wealth and riches and wonderful children and peace from my wonderful wife, religion is not a barrier pray that God should give you your own wifey

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:
Hello Nairalanders. Pls I want to share my love story with you. I'm a christian and there is this my high school friend that we grew fond of each while in high school, we had been "just friends".

While in SS3, I was a prefect and she was my assistant. This gave us more time together, back then we never thought of romance, we were just the "serious type" always discussing our studies and helping each other. We were best of friends.

It was during the last days at High School that we realised how attached we had grown to each other, I remember we talked about how we will miss each other in a 'friendly' manner while taking a walk round the school.

In those days, I realised I had more feelings than friendship towards her but I do tell my self that it was just infatuation that once we leave each other, the feeelings will die off and I will perhaps meet someone else.

Four years down the line, we still can't let go of each other, we usually only talked on phone and social media not until some months ago that I decided to pay her a visit in her home.

The visit was so nostalgic, we were delighted to see each other but we both kept on hiding our feelings. I think we are both pretending not to feel anything beyond friendship. This is because of differences in our religion.

I met with her dad, an Alhaji, that day, and we also discussed Nigeria and the waxing hardship, I sense he was quite liberal. Maybe that's because I and his daughter were "just friends".

Now, our calls usually starts well but ends cold, when it's time to say goodbye, we are both pretending towards each other. I know, and I think she knows also.

If we had been of the same religion, I would have made my feelings known to her but I just can't summon the courage to do so now. Our differences in religion didnot stop me from loving her but stopping me from having her.

I would like your suggestions. Have you ever been in such situation before? How did you do it?

Pls I want mature suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Next time you have a conversation with your prospective father-in-law, try and psych the man to know his religious views. If he is the liberal type, go ahead and let your girl know your feelings. If he is the conservative type, you will climb a mountain to pull this one. The major problem I see here is the Dad
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 24, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
to the Op

Grow up angry
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by tosyne2much(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2017
OP, I will advise you cut loose from the relationship because I can see you're the religious type

It's obvious you can't subscribe to her religion (islam) and I trust her dad also won't allow her subscribe to your own religion (an Alhaji for that matter)

The truth if the matter is that, if both of you agree, her father has the autonomous decision that supercedes the decision of both of you whether to give her daughter out to you in marriage. (remember an average Alhaji is a religious bigot)

The only thing you can do in order not to go into a fruitless relationship is to tell her to whine her dad if he would he give her out to a Christian. He father's perception is all you need in this relationship if you don't want to waste your time

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 24, 2017
Change to muslim and marry her, stop advertising your lust for hooded babes. cool
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by truthstands11: 1:50pm On May 24, 2017
ollah1:

Keep quiet with this trash you wrote. Folks needs to quit this religion nonsense especially when it gets to the head. Moreso, if you feel she's the one for you proceed with her.

Loads of jargons written all over this thread, we see how people of same faith divorced each other while of different faiths/ethnic groups lasted forever.

Don't blind yourself with religion.

Don't talk back at me. You have the right to state your opinion and back it up with facts. I just stated the obvious. Marriage is built on God and on whose name will they end their prayers? Muslims and Christians can walk along in classrooms as classmates but not as husband and wife. Read my post with conscience and you'll know I'm saying nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Omotayor123(f): 1:52pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

You get it bro, it's like torture. My fear actually is how will it work? I guess, We are going to have clashes in philosophies due to differences in religion. We are both attached to our religions, but I'm surprised I can't obey the law that "do not be unevenly attached to unbelievers". Love trully has no boundaries, if we are to be sincere with ourselves.

Thanks for your reply..I really appreciate it.
I have seen countless couple with different religion that live well & happy. so far there is understanding and tolerance.

if none of you can't sacrifice your religion for love, just make sure you can tolerate each other. The children will grow through it and decide. my best friend is a typical example.

Don't let religion Robb you of your love. You can regret it for life.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by VicMadich88(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2017
luckyz4rea:

If your Bible not religion means anything to you you'll not go or do anything contrary to it. Whatever reduces or will reduce you to what you are not or should not be, desist from it with immediate effect!

Don't let impulsive feelings get the best of you as it did to Adam and he went against what he was warned not to do, unless of course you want to be like Adam! I know you wouldn't want to be like him so do the right thing - follow the Truth
But does the Bible say..If you are Christian you cnt love or marry anyone out of ur religion? If its there in the bible, pls quote it for us oo?
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by trinity11(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2017
What is the big deal? bros talk, talk, just talk to her and let her say yes first, you will be a bit relief, after that sacrifice will be discussed and agreement made. love has no religion even though this case is very sensitive one. go for it man and see if the fire is burning inside her as well, who knows they say ladies go extra miles when they are in love, she might actually surprise you.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by technicallyrich(m): 2:00pm On May 24, 2017
You are a yoruba boy.i know these because your cowardice stinks from afar.so you can't even talk in the presence of an hausa girl and tell her how you fell.if it's fulani men now I know that it is normal for you to be afraid because they are your masters.
My advice is for you to go to ibadan and pick up one dirty girl there Atleast you can talk since you and her are yorubas.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by demarc001: 2:01pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

Thanks bro, I think I will first have to admit to her how I feel. I will break the pretence, even if it can't work, I wil just let her know.
Wrong step, don't start what you are not set to finish. Taking the step will get you more entangled and you won't think straight when deciding.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by truthstands11: 2:03pm On May 24, 2017
translux:
Let me tell you a story about myself, when I was in Iaspotech back then rounding up my HND, I had 2 girl friends, one is christian, the other Muslim, I love the christian so much because I know her first, we had misunderstanding before I started dating the Muslim lady, I have decided that I will get married to the christian lady because I am a christian but every week there must be misunderstanding between me and my christian lady, we dated for six years but I can tell you that that six years was like hell with the one I have choosed for marriage until one day, I went to my Christian lady house and discovered how she was rude to people just the same way she was rude to me and I thought within myself that I will have problems if I continue with my christian lady, my Muslim Lady on the other hand was a gentle lady, very humble and respectful, I have never quarrel or argue over any issue for 5 years but I was looking her religion then as an hindrance, so I decided to pray a lot, I pray like never before, then I began to consider her as my wife and that was how we got married, and on our wedding day I make sure that I paid her bride price in double with very big yams and others so her parent will know that she is no longer theirs because automatically she is changing her religion to Christianity, my wife is a prayer warrior in mountain of fire and I am an evangelist, I thank God for the woman I married because God has really blessed me in wealth and riches and wonderful children and peace from my wonderful wife, religion is not a barrier pray that God should give you your own wifey

Every situation is not the same. There were two thieves on the cross. One made heaven at a glance while the other lost it. Salvation of your soul is more important than marriage.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by tosyne2much(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2017
Omotayor123:

I have seen countless couple with different religion that live well & happy. so far there is understanding and tolerance.

if none of you can't sacrifice your religion for love, just make sure you can tolerate each other. The children will grow through it and decide. my best friend is a typical example.

Don't let religion Robb you of your love. You can regret it for life.
You're still missing it.. What if the lady's father doesn't accept? Remember he's the one that has the final say here (their own decision and marriage plan is just child's play)

What's the essence of dating a lady for three years and her father disqualifies you on the ground of difference in religion. isn't it better if he knows from this preliminary stage if her father can give her out to a Christian or not?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Pre-wedding Pictures / Things Girls Should Know About Boys / Couple Rock Man United Jersey In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.