Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend (24229 Views)

Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? / I'm In Love With A Single Mother Of Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by ShegsDayo(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2017
Love is not enough. Your religious differences will at a point bring discord but here are some things to consider.
Where you are going determines first if you should go on with her. Someone gave an example of business tycoons and politicians who did inter-religious marriage and it is, according to observation deduced from perception mgt, working.
2. Consider your family life and see if you can manage the differences that abounds from parental to personal philosophies, which may come with religious colorations.
Love is truly without boundaries but emotions are. From your writeup you have built emotional walls thinking it is love.
Ask yourself this question: if all i like about her now goes away would i still have these feelings for her?
P.S: Emotions and feelings are not love; they may indicate it but they are not.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Kemyem: 6:52pm On May 24, 2017
its not easy.....as @zinny25 have said.....am presently going through the same problem...he even told me he will go to church,(he has been to my church on few occasions) and our children will be christians but his parents have more influence over him....recently, he starts to tell me that if i love him, i will follow him to the mosque....and that has resulted in our first fight since meeting 2years ago.....now, i know how important ur partners religion is in a relationship....
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by nkemjacob2(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2017
If u love her religion is not a barrier... Work @ issues with her.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Nickky1: 7:38pm On May 24, 2017
My brother your situation is one of those hopeless situations. i was in your shoes some time ago. the problem is that as you are a male christian, you can not get married to a Muslim lady, but a Muslim man can marry a christian lady. that is the religious perspective from Islamic point of view. now i know you didn't mention anything about marriage, so i just took the liberty of enlightening you on the point of getting married, talk less of dating a Muslim woman. If you are a christian man, you will never get the blessing of her parents, because it goes against Islamic rites, except you want to convert to her religion, then that will be perfectly fine.... Anyway good luck as i know it can be a sad situation.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Zinny25(f): 8:14pm On May 24, 2017
Mahmoudkk04:
I think it is cristal clear how Islam spelled out the conditions for interreligious marriage between a Christian and a Muslim. A Muslim guy can marry a Christian lady and allow her to practice her faith while a Muslim lady can not marry a Christian unless he is willing to convert to her practicing faith.
not true bro.. At the long run he told me he can never marry a Christian unless I convert. He said he stayed with me for three years thinking I would change my mind on my faith but I didn't. He broke up and married a Muslim. Though I was heart broken but I was happy I didn't end up in that marriage
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Zinny25(f): 8:21pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

Thanks sis.
u r Welcome. At first some pple advice that once I love him I should go ahead because love was all that matters. I tell you if you are not ready to convert let her go. It was difficult for me to let go too, I was thinking of how to end my life because I felt I loved him and couldn't get anyone better. I must confess it is not easy it took me over a year to forget about him. The truth is that Muslims call us infidel, bro search well faith matters in marriage. Love is not enough. After two years in marriage u will discover it's not just love that is needed. All the best
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by bobnatlo(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2017
luckyz4rea:

If your Bible not religion means anything to you you'll not go or do anything contrary to it. Whatever reduces or will reduce you to what you are not or should not be, desist from it with immediate effect!

Don't let impulsive feelings get the best of you as it did to Adam and he went against what he was warned not to do, unless of course you want to be like Adam! I know you wouldn't want to be like him so do the right thing - follow the Truth
Wetin this guy d yen sef
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by tosyne2much(m): 8:59pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

Thanks sir, I really appreciate your response.
So, based on the advice you've received so far, what is your decision?

I hope you don't mind my asking sha?
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 9:21pm On May 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
So, based on the advice you've received so far, what is your decision?

I hope you don't mind my asking sha?

No p. I'm Still thinking boss. I will have to re-read all posts when I'm more calm, today has been quite hectic.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 9:29pm On May 24, 2017
Zinny25:
u r Welcome. At first some pple advice that once I love him I should go ahead because love was all that matters. I tell you if you are not ready to convert let her go. It was difficult for me to let go too, I was thinking of how to end my life because I felt I loved him and couldn't get anyone better. I must confess it is not easy it took me over a year to forget about him. The truth is that Muslims call us infidel, bro search well faith matters in marriage. Love is not enough. After two years in marriage u will discover it's not just love that is needed. All the best

Thanks ma.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 9:32pm On May 24, 2017
Kemyem:
its not easy.....as @zinny25 have said.....am presently going through the same problem...he even told me he will go to church,(he has been to my church on few occasions) and our children will be christians but his parents have more influence over him....recently, he starts to tell me that if i love him, i will follow him to the mosque....and that has resulted in our first fight since meeting 2years ago.....now, i know how important ur partners religion is in a relationship....

Thanks ma.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by tosyne2much(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2017
AbujaLover:

No p. I'm Still thinking boss. I will have to re-read all posts when I'm more Calm, today has been quite hectic.
I just hope you take the right decision.. Good luck
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 9:35pm On May 24, 2017
Nickky1:
My brother your situation is one of those hopeless situations... you can not get married to a Muslim lady, ...that is the religious perspective from Islamic point of view....
Thanks bro. I actually just learnt about the Islamic view of inter-religion marriages. Though, I had plan to make more findings about it.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by luckyz4rea(m): 9:47pm On May 24, 2017
bobnatlo:
Wetin this guy d yen sef
Are you one of them?
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by delpee(f): 10:40pm On May 24, 2017
Hmm! I have a relative (Christian) who married a Muslim lady against the wish of her parents. She's still a practising Muslim while her husband insists that the kids must be Christians. The two families (parents) are in a supremacy battle. Wife's mum is still insisting that she'll accept her son in law only when he converts. The man says that will never happen. To them, he's an infidel who doesn't deserve their daughter. Theyre also hoping to have greater control on the children since hubby is quite busy at work. Wifey is satisfied that no one is trying to force her to convert on her husband's side plus she's greatly in love with her husband.

Summary of my long tale ( true story, still developing) is that you've got to have real guts to pull it through if you choose to go ahead. The lady may also have to defy her parents which of course means being on the war path with your inlaws. Are you willing to allow her to practise her religion till death do you part in case she refuses to convert? Are you willing to convert? Does it matter to you if your kids become Muslims? Have you prayed on your own for an answer from God?

Consider all this well to determine if you should forge ahead or move on. May God guide you.
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by sirfee(m): 1:09am On May 25, 2017
FreshShavedBalls:
Religion, a human induced boundary line that has made and marred so many things.
Religion is the opium of the masses, it is indeed mental slavery.

Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Eazie351(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2017
Omotayor123:
The decision is theirs and theirs alone. Except they are not truly ready.
I used to say "No one"can stop me from going for what I truly want.
Yinmu
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 2:01pm On May 26, 2017
delpee:

…Consider all this well to determine if you should forge ahead or move on. May God guide you.
Amen. Thanks for this
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by AbujaLover: 2:03pm On May 26, 2017
Zinny25:
Thanks once again
Re: I'm A Christian In Love With A Muslim Friend by Aliyu64(m): 8:01am On Apr 04, 2021
Pls walk away that friendship. And please convert to muslim so that it might be easier for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things Girls Should Know About Boys / Couple Rock Man United Jersey In Pre-Wedding Photos / LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.