Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings (11328 Views)

Bleached Skins, Fake Hairs And Horse Wigs --by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Ear Piercings! / Do You Like Big Or Small Ear Rings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by kawkab: 5:19am On Jan 15, 2010
Recently there have been an increase in the number of Men with weird and other types of hair does such as Braided Hairs, Dread Locks, both short and long ones, permed hairs and others.

Even now a lot of guys wear earings etc.

Please is your opinion about this trend.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by OgidiBoy(m): 5:22am On Jan 15, 2010
What's wrong with wearing dreads, I've had mines for over 3 years now
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by bluespice(f): 6:05am On Jan 15, 2010
omg ogidiboy me want to see pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee kiss tongue
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2010
@poster
to each their own. . . . . its their head isnt it. if they want toput a chicken on it then let it be.

whats wrong with braids OR earrings anyway?! are they against the law in your part of the world?

ps: some of the hairdos you mentioned have been fashionable since the 70s and beyond, where have you been?!
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2010
personally
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by oyinda3(f): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2010
i prefer clean cut
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by kokonets(m): 9:20am On Jan 15, 2010
It actually depends on their location and profession but wetion concern u poster?
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by jidesamuel(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2010
[b]OMG it's no more doubt that our cultural value has been thrown into the lagoon.
if guyz could braid hairs and wear ear rings,very soon lesbianism and gay will be seen as no big deal,
whatbout gun handling which could be encourage
remember we are still battling with US to remove our name from list of terrorist oriented countries this was bcoz a stupid,disowned Nigeria imported a bad name to Nigeria
for crying out loud must we leave our heritage and adopt both the good and bad side of the western culture ?
how many times have u seen a white man go to the market to buy ankara attire or lace and other local clothing materials produced in nigeria yet we keep using our hard earned money to by their fabrics!!!
I've never seen or heard of a white man eating Tuwo or Fufu  yet we spend our own money to buy pizzas and burger (although im not against ppu spending their money to get whatever they feel will bring meaning into thier lives)
we need to look deeply inward and ask our self that for our long shall we continue to adopt the so called western world at the detriment of a true african culture?
[/b]
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by THEAMAKA(f): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2010
^^^^
true, but that applies mostly to people brought up in Nigeria.

@ topic
braids are so outt!! Nigerians are always so late when trying to "be like yankee" lolol do they not see how many artists have cut their hair and i hardly see people walking around with braids here either. blah. earings are fine to me. hair really depends on the person's face and how they look with it.
i would say a hairstyle is a hairstyle and maybe they are just having fun with their hair and trying new looks but the earings most DEF ain't that.
so @ poster the hair may not be of concern but maybe the earrings are.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by iice(f): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
to each their own. . . . . its their head isnt it. if they want toput a chicken on it then let it be.

whats wrong with braids OR earrings anyway?! are they against the law in your part of the world?

ps: some of the hairdos you mentioned have been fashionable since the 70s and beyond, where have you been?!

I tire oo.

I love braids. . dreads. It's either long or buzz cut for me. Nothing in between cool
Of course i'm into piercings so yes, i love it on guys cheesy
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by bluespice(f): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
jidesamuel:

[b]OMG it's no more doubt that our cultural value has been thrown into the lagoon.
if guyz could braid hairs and wear ear rings,very soon lesbianism and gay will be seen as no big deal,
whatbout gun handling which could be encourage
remember we are still battling with US to remove our name from list of terrorist oriented countries this was bcoz a silly,disowned Nigeria imported a bad name to Nigeria
for crying out loud must we leave our heritage and adopt both the good and bad side of the western culture ?
how many times have u seen a white man go to the market to buy ankara attire or lace and other local clothing materials produced in nigeria yet we keep using our hard earned money to by their fabrics!!!
I've never seen or heard of a white man eating Tuwo or Fufu  yet we spend our own money to buy pizzas and burger (although im not against ppu spending their money to get whatever they feel will bring meaning into thier lives)
we need to look deeply inward and ask our self that for our long shall we continue to adopt the so called western world at the detriment of a true african culture?
[/b]
quit ranting,
it's established fact, africans wore their hairs braided or in locs before the white men came.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by jidesamuel(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice
thanx for ur comment,remember i dint force u to accept my ideology,i will advice u to be courteous wen u're in a public forum like this.

bluespice:

quit ranting,
it's established fact, africans wore their hairs braided or in locs before the white men came.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Tonyet1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
i wonder what seem so cool in braiding hairs and men putting ear rings. wish they knew how it all came about
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by foyeks2001(f): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2010
i hate it with passion
i always see them as irresponsible sets of people
no insults pls, its just my own view
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2010
AM really not a fan of dudes on locks or braids and earrings. . .I love my man looking clean! wink
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by 190: 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
that is why foyeks2001 and anthoniaslim are my HUGH FANS because they like me clean~

@post
I see guys with braided hairs and ear rings as people worse than that crazy man they call TERRY G
they smoke GANJA and are all on NDLEA List~
@times i wonder how this peeps would be bold enough to face the family of the girl whom they plan on getting married to~

arrant nonsense if u ask me~
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Secretz(f): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
It doesnt really bother me, it's his attitude and what comes out of his mouth that matters (and as long as he doesn't look dirrty). Thank God for my liberal family. grin
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Freiburger(m): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hiss! tired of all these and backward talks
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
Maybe for guys under 30 but over that age, please go to the salon and cut that sh111t off, I dont want to share my pink oil with you grin grin grin
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Maybe for guys under 30 but over that age, please go to the salon and cut that sh111t off, I dont want to share my pink oil with you grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Freiburger(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2010
foyeks2001:

i hate it with passion
i always see them as irresponsible sets of people
no insults pls, its just my own view

how can u assume to know someone's personality merely from his appearance
and u cant just say u hate what others do with PASSION.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by foyeks2001(f): 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
appearance they shows the manner
the way u dressed, thats the way u would be addressed
i come from a very strict home, i cant even imagine that i would bring such a person to my parent as my husband to be
my mom will beat me
lol
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Freiburger(m): 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
foyeks2001:

appearance they shows the manner
the way u dressed, thats the way u would be addressed
i come from a very strict home, i cant even imagine that i would bring such a person to my parent as my husband to be
my mom will beat me
lol

Are u a member of the DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH?, lol.
Parents being strict at times dont guarantee the child sucess in most cases.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by 190: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2010
im shocked @ secretzz

how wud u do sometin like that 2 me~
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by selencious(f): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2010
Im sorry to say;there's nothing wrong wif it, But I don't like it. Its kute on some guys, But I won't wanna date a guy that wears that kinda hair;Its not just mi type, makes em kinda look irresponsible. Thank God mi fiance does not.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by selencious(f): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2010
@190, Avatar is da bomb, I saw it on 3D, Its the best ever
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by jusSaying: 12:44am On Jan 16, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

lol good ol pink oil, hate the smell tho smiley

@topic I luuurve guys with a .5 haircut and that sharp shape up. So sexy cheesy
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by GL(f): 12:44am On Jan 16, 2010
i don't mind whichever hairstyle a young guy wears as long as he keeps it clean and it looks good on him. but like ebonyeyes, i prefer more conservative hairstyles on older guys. as for earrings, it depends on the guy; they look cool on some guys and horrible on others.
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by foyeks2001(f): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
Freiburger:

Are u a member of the DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH?, lol.
Parents being strict at times dont guarantee the child sucess in most cases.

are u a prophet??
my mom is a staunch member of the Deeper Life Bible Church, i was born in there, Deeper Life Church christened me, i was raised there but left when i was 18years because of their doctrines, i couldnt cope as per town gurl, lol, the reason being that it was my elder sisters that suffered a lot from her for leaving Deeper Life to another
so what would u expect from my mom seeing her son in law to be looking like a sango worshiper
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by ucheuche1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
dem all dey craze. hw man go dey plait hair come put earing join am? i pity dem all
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by victorazy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ Poster
Maybe u have this "mango" headed type
4 me, i braid my hair cuz i feel more comfortable with it "check my pik in profile".
Re: Men With Braided Hairs And Ear Rings by Freiburger(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
foyeks2001:

are u a prophet??
my mom is a staunch member of the Deeper Life Bible Church, i was born in there, Deeper Life Church christened me, i was raised there but left when i was 18years because of their doctrines, i couldnt cope as per town gurl, lol, the reason being that it was my elder sisters that suffered a lot from her for leaving Deeper Life to another
so what would u expect from my mom seeing her son in law to be looking like a sango worshiper

No i'm not but i know something about psychology. Now that u 're no longer a member why will your mother's opinion affect your choice since u left the church denomination on your own? So against your own wish, u will always look for what your mother will like to present to her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? / Best of African Perfect Curves Ladies In Their Hot Fashion Styles PHOTOS / 5 Must-have Fashionable Travel Accessories For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.