Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. (800 Views)

Meet Ramesh Babu, An Indian Barber Who Drives Rolls-Royce Ghost To His Shop / Mazda Mpv Does Not Select On Drive But Engage Well On Reverse / My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
Dear all, I parked my Toyota Camry 2007 and traveled for a period of two weeks. When I returned and used the car, I noticed it was not accelerating. It goes on reverse and drives, but dose not accelerate no matter how I throttle. I consulted a mechanic who said it could be bad oil or blocked filter. I changed the oil and cleaned the filter, yet the issue was not resolved. I then decided to do diagnosis after which this code was generated: P0798, pls may someone help me decode this and advice on how and where I can get this sorted out in Port Harcourt Thanks!
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by mayor2013: 8:25pm On May 24, 2017
What was the condition of the oil drained out. This is a pressure control solenoid c located in the gearbox.
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 11:07pm On May 24, 2017
The oil was very dark. Does it mean the solenoid is bad?
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by mayor2013: 12:34am On May 25, 2017
Glurssymum:
The oil was very dark. Does it mean the solenoid is bad?

Am afraid you might need to replace your gearbox cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 10:57am On May 25, 2017
gearbox?
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by APRIDE(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2017
Very simple bro. I had that same issue with my toyota corolla 2005 model and i got it resolved within minutes. It is the speed sensor. It has nothing to do with the oil or gear box. It is simply an electrical problem. Contact this number for immediate solution 08067880750. The guy is a qualified Engineer.
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 11:57am On May 27, 2017
APRIDE:
Very simple bro. I had that same issue with my toyota corolla 2005 model and i got it resolved within minutes. It is the speed sensor. It has nothing to do with the oil or gear box. It is simply an electrical problem. Contact this number for immediate solution 08067880750. The guy is a qualified Engineer.

Thank You very much bro
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Kashif(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2017
APRIDE:

The code he has is NOT speed sensor.

@Glurssymum, rodents may have feasted on your car's electrical wires while you were away. Get a good tech to fix that first. If your ATF is already black, changing it might conk out the transmission finally. Should fixing the solenoid electrical fix your problem, drive it like that until you are ready for a proper transmission rebuild or replacement.

(1) (Reply)

ABS Pump Disconnected / PGA Championship / Car For Hire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.