Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,698 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

How To Survive Lagos Traffic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Survive Lagos Traffic (9949 Views)

Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours / Seven Ways To Beat, Survive Lagos Traffic / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 4:15pm On May 24, 2017
Because of the high numbers of companies that are in Lagos, every year thousands of young graduates troop into Lagos looking for work. After plenty fasting and prayer (and binding all the witches in your village), you get work. You are happy and excited as you look forward to your salary at the end of the month. Work in the office is stressful, depending on where you work but you're managing yourself (job is scarce).

However, no matter where you live in Lagos, you must face traffic. The dreaded Lagos traffic, this is usually the most stressful part of every worker's day; coming into work and going home.

Here are a few tips to make the most out of the Lagos traffic (and not die of frustration)

1. TRY TO GET FRONT SEAT ON THE BUS
Unless you're a rich man or woman that owns a car, you probably will have to use danfo or even uber for posh boys and girls. If you're in a danfo, try to stay in the front seat. The front seat is usually the most comfortable place in the bus. The worst place to sit is at the back. You will be sitting down with Iya Risi and Mama Abbey that just bought bag of stockfish and tomato from Mile 12. There was even one time I sat down at the back with a man carrying a live goat. Chai.

2. ENGAGE IN AN INTERESTING ACTIVITY
I always try to be as busy as possible in a bus so that I don't sleep off and the driver will go past my bus stop. I'm either reading a book, watching a movie on my Tecno L9+ or even listening to an inspirational podcast. Imagine taking an audio course during traffic hours; you'd be surprised by how fast you'll finish the course.

3. TALK TO SOMEONE ON THE BUS

(Warning:This is not for everyone; don't let them use insult to finish you): People are locating their life partners in buses so don't dull o. Especially if you're not meeting many people due to the nature of your job. You have to strategic about it sha; scope the person first then try to engage in a conversation and don't be weird about it. If the person is not feeling you, stop disturbing him/her.

Hope this helps someone get through Lagos traffic.
If you have more suggestions, please drop them in the comments.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by FellaL: 4:20pm On May 24, 2017
4. Make sure your driver is a fat Yoruba man. They always seem to know all the streets of Lagos that make for a network of miraculous bypass.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 24, 2017
FellaL:
4. Make sure your driver is a fat Yoruba man. They always seem to know all the streets of Lagos that make for a network of miraculous bypass.

This is funny grin grin. No 2 point is dope. The Tecno L9+ get big screen suitable for a lot of people. Trust me OP, any bus you board gets stuck in traffic, just be charging people for creating a mini cinema grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 4:27pm On May 24, 2017
Omo, especially drivers going to Oshodi
FellaL:

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 24, 2017
One day I was going from Oshodi to Alagbado, this woman beside me has slept off before the journey began. Not till we got to Ijaye before she said Iyana Ipaja wa o! grin grin

No 2 is the MVP though. With the size of the Tecno L9plus screen ehn, OP I can bet you are not watching alone

15 Likes

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Dandsome: 4:28pm On May 24, 2017
If it's a danfo, last seat at the left hand is also good as no one will disturb you when they dropping. Besides that seat has a window. Breeze go de blow you.

But pray the engine isn't over heating

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Davash222(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2017
Lagos traffic is on another level

16 Likes

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by padi94(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2017
Make sure you sit near a fine girl in the bus and your day is made grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 4:34pm On May 24, 2017
grin grin grin grin
D4Daymoo:
No 2. is the MVP. One day I was going from Oshodi to Alagbado, this woman beside me has slept off before the journey began. Not till we got to Ijaye before she said Iyana Ipaja wa o! grin grin
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by shiftback: 4:34pm On May 24, 2017
i don't joke with number 1 at all. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 4:34pm On May 24, 2017
This one is nice.
You can even get number if you're a sharp boy
padi94:
Make sure you sit near a fine girl in the bus and your day is made grin
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by BlackDBagba: 4:36pm On May 24, 2017
Life saver!

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by paolokonqueror(m): 4:40pm On May 24, 2017
LMAO don't sit at the back, for real those women will carry tomatoes. I like seating closer to the door tho, easy to drop. But I'm always with my phone sha, have to play music, album mode straight, and my L9+ no kuku dey quick die.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by paolokonqueror(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2017
Hahaha
FellaL:
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by jBama(f): 5:11pm On May 24, 2017
Lagos and my polythene bag
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by bolex04(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2017
B
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 24, 2017
Listen to soundcity FM through your earphone and play candycrush.

Most important mind ur f**king bizness.

5 Likes

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by adeoba2008(m): 5:13pm On May 24, 2017
Leave home early. If you have a rough driver , you will get to where you are going on time. The worst thing is to sit beside those ladies. You are on your own bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by scarletkinq(m): 5:17pm On May 24, 2017
Get yourself a power bike
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 24, 2017
Vnconnect:
be very skinny... wink

Ahhhan kilode cool. So you can fit anywhere abi
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 24, 2017
Don't wake up late.... Buy a snack bfr going out

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Zeinymira(f): 5:22pm On May 24, 2017
Buy lacasera n gala

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by Vnconnect: 5:22pm On May 24, 2017
fuckerstard:

Ahhhan kilode cool. So you can fit anywhere abi

lol..correct!
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by lebete3000: 5:22pm On May 24, 2017
TappGroupNG:
Because of the high numbers of companies that are in Lagos, every year thousands of young graduates troop into Lagos looking for work. After plenty fasting and prayer (and binding all the witches in your village), you get work. You are happy and excited as you look forward to your salary at the end of the month. Work in the office is stressful, depending on where you work but you're managing yourself (job is scarce).

However, no matter where you live in Lagos, you must face traffic. The dreaded Lagos traffic, this is usually the most stressful part of every worker's day; coming into work and going home.

Here are a few tips to make the most out of the Lagos traffic (and not die of frustration)

1. TRY TO GET FRONT SEAT ON THE BUS
Unless you're a rich man or woman that owns a car, you probably will have to use danfo or even uber for posh boys and girls. If you're in a danfo, try to stay in the front seat. The front seat is usually the most comfortable place in the bus. The worst place to sit is at the back. You will be sitting down with Iya Risi and Mama Abbey that just bought bag of stockfish and tomato from Mile 12. There was even one time I sat down at the back with a man carrying a live goat. Chai.

2. ENGAGE IN AN INTERESTING ACTIVITY
I always try to be as busy as possible in a bus so that I don't sleep off and the driver will go past my bus stop. I'm either reading a book, watching a movie on my Tecno L9+ or even listening to an inspirational podcast. Imagine taking an audio course during traffic hours; you'd be surprised by how fast you'll finish the course.

3. TALK TO SOMEONE ON THE BUS

(Warning:This is not for everyone; don't let them use insult to finish you): People are locating their life partners in buses so don't dull o. Especially if you're not meeting many people due to the nature of your job. You have to strategic about it sha; scope the person first then try to engage in a conversation and don't be weird about it. If the person is not feeling you, stop disturbing him/her.

Hope this helps someone get through Lagos traffic.
If you have more suggestions, please drop them in the comments.

You seem to listen to Gary Van Wilmmerdam when you mentioned an audio podcast/course....do you?
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by asumo12: 5:24pm On May 24, 2017
Zeinymira:
Buy lacasera n gala

And u shall be arrested!
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 5:28pm On May 24, 2017
No I dont
But now that you've mentioned it I'll go check it out
lebete3000:

You seem to listen to Gary Van Wilmmerdam when you mentioned an audio podcast/course....do you?

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 5:29pm On May 24, 2017
Sha don't forget to #StareDownOnPollution
Zeinymira:
Buy lacasera n gala
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by TappGroupNG: 5:36pm On May 24, 2017
This is a good point
Especially if you're dropping at the last bus stop
Dandsome:
If it's a danfo, last seat at the left hand is also good as no one will disturb you when they dropping. Besides that seat has a window. Breeze go de blow you.

But pray the engine isn't over heating
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by abdulbnyusuf(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2017
And I'm going to island now from iyana-ipaja, though there is no traffic now cuz people are coming back not going grin
Re: How To Survive Lagos Traffic by willibounce1(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2017
Enter brt and use their WiFi and enjoy AC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Tips For Air Travelers / NNPC Floods Market With Aviation Fuel, Assures Of 40-day Sufficiency Of Petrol / Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.