Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member (495 Views)

Adventures Of Mikumbi - Mami Is Angry / New Book Alert-i Know Why Your Mother Cries (poetry) By Nairalander / Agony Of A Corp Member (my Life Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member by Badirukehinde(m): 11:13pm On May 24, 2017
----MAMI MARKET----

Get thrilled by the cheerful sounds
Of tired but happy corp members
Who had just concluded the parade of the day.
Like ants they descend into your sugar.

Mind you, if the display of kilishi, barbecue
and ice cream do not attract you,
the scary screams of soldiers
giving the next orders will.
Yet, if that doesn't shake your veins,
Then 'remove head gear' would.

Women and youths welcoming warmly,
With hands open and recurrent phrases;
'Photocopy, divine charging, purity photography'.
One would ask, what market is as sweet as this?
That can bring smile to the face of already tired
Corp members.

And to the rich folks,
Who are always ready to take the unsuspecting chick
to Mami market.
He buys her a plate of food,
Crying inside, as his heart reminds
him that all he has taken for the day
is a satchel of water.

Mami market is like mothers,
No matter how strict, the more we love them.
The prices of things only remains a phrase
in the hearts of some.
They will never pay a visit
to Mami market.

©BadiruKehinde
#Badirukehinde

Re: Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member by theodara001(f): 12:54am On May 25, 2017
cool
Re: Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member by Akposb(m): 6:37pm On May 25, 2017
I understand your poem but you should have made adequate use of lines. Mami market cannot be ignored as it is one place a corp member should experience before leaving camp.
Re: Mami Market (a Poem) By Nairalander 2017 Batch A Corp Member by Badirukehinde(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2017
Akposb:
I understand your poem but you should have made adequate use of lines. Mami market cannot be ignored as it is one place a corp member should experience before leaving camp.

Thanks for your observation. The use of lines was distorted by the web. See the edit now. Regards

(1) (Reply)

My Selcouth (a Short Story) / How You Can Use Your Fears To Get Stronger / Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.