Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand (21476 Views)

Good News ! Fg Okays 29 -member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Truth234(m): 4:36am On May 25, 2017
The Federal Government on Wednesday approved a 29-member tripartite committee on a new minimum wage being clamoured for by the workers.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the weekly meeting of the Federal Executive Council presided over by the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Ngige said the approval came after an extensive deliberation on the report of a technical committee on the issue, which he chaired.

“The matter needs to be thrashed out by all stakeholders, because already, employers under the umbrella of the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association have rejected the N56,000 minimum wage proposal,” the minister said.

The tripartite committee will be chaired by a seasoned technocrat appointed by the Federal Government, which will also nominate five of the members, while six state governors will also be members.

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma, said the 2017 Appropriation Bill, which the National Assembly transmitted to the Executive last Friday, was still undergoing analysis.

Udoma explained that at the end of the analysis being carried out by all ministers, recommendations would be made to the President.

“When the budget is approved, we first analyse it, review it and then make our recommendations to the President. We are working hard, we are still in the analysing process and getting inputs from the ministers,” he said.

The minister described the Gross Domestic Product figures released by the National Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday as encouraging and an indication that the government’s interventions were working.

“This is the best figure released in four quarters and there is still enough time to make more efforts to stimulate the economy,” Udoma stated.

He said the government would continue with the implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.

Udoma added, “We believe that the interventions we are making and the steps we are taking are in the right direction.

“The results that were released were for one quarter. There are still three quarters and we have enough time to do better; we will work hard to continue to stimulate the economy to meet our target.”

The Minister of Interior, Abdurahman Danbazzau, said Osinbajo directed that a proposal for the decongestion and expansion of prisons as well as the establishment of six ‘half-way houses’ across the country be presented to the National Economic Council for more inputs.

He noted that some of the prisons in the country were 100 years old, adding that deplorable prison conditions were worsened by the fact that 70 per cent of inmates were awaiting trial, while five per cent of the remainder were on death row.

http://investorsking.com/fg-okays-29-member-panel-on-n56000-minimum-wage-demand/
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Mcreloaded(m): 4:42am On May 25, 2017
At the end of the day the government gives with right hand and take back with the left hand.
Market women are waiting to increase the price of their goods not counting out the landlords

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by nwakibe: 4:54am On May 25, 2017
They will create a problem and pretend to be solving it. Who is fooling who?

12 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Nobody: 4:59am On May 25, 2017
I'll be back so, let me park here and I hope this will not degenerate into an intertribal war while I'm away.

They need a conference and committee to ameliorate the suffering and meager pittance they give Civil Servants and Workers as minimum wage.

While they move with warpdrive speed when they want to issue silly and convoluted allowances and bonuses to themselves; fellow, Nigerians behold your leaders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by LionDeLeo: 5:00am On May 25, 2017
Good one there.

Hope such proposal sees the light of the day and same applied to workers in all sectors of the economy.

Arrears already on my mind if the effective date is backdated.

But the 56k is okay na because in practice, no worker is on GL 01 step 1, meaning the most junior staff will go home with at least 60k.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by eagleeye2: 5:01am On May 25, 2017
If it concerns their pocket, nobody will set up a panel. But since it is civil slaves they must deliberate and calibrate.

30 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Nobody: 5:06am On May 25, 2017
they should not initiate another N-power scam oo

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Nobody: 5:12am On May 25, 2017
29-member committee? What are they committeing?

Na Fraud.

5 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by jtjohn(m): 5:13am On May 25, 2017
okay
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by prinsam30: 5:42am On May 25, 2017
eagleeye2:
If it concerns their pocket, nobody will set up a panel. But since it is civil slaves they must deliberate and calibrate.

very useless set of people I tell u

7 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Pavore9: 6:01am On May 25, 2017
Committees​ and panels........Sighs! angry
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by koropotopoto: 6:08am On May 25, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:
Good one there.

Hope such proposal sees the light of the day and same applied to workers in all sectors of the economy.

Arrears already on my mind if the effective date is backdated.

But the 56k is okay na because in practice, no worker is on GL 01 step 1, meaning the most junior staff will go home with at least 60k.
[/s]
Rubbish!
talk talk government
till they implement it
it's Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by kuuljay(m): 6:10am On May 25, 2017
State governors will sabotage this,I mean the evil ones

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by olujastro: 6:11am On May 25, 2017
56k? I laugh in Hebrew.
Even a tiny increase of the National minimum wage to N18,050 won't work in a country where state governors would loot bail out funds instead of paying workers who have laboured for their salaries. Why will Bayelsa with huge allocations owe salaries? Develop the state, No way. Pay salaries, no way. But spend millions on celebrating the governor's birthday with excess Ogogoro, Yes oh!
Or is it Fayose who's hiding billions of Dasuki loot but can't pay 7 months salary despite bail out that'll now pay 56k? Surprisingly, people hail him on nairaland.
For now, 56k though justified, honestly kolewerk.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by DropShot: 6:18am On May 25, 2017
Na wa for jobless kids on nairaland ooo.

We can't even have any sensible conversation on any national issue except talking trash.

If the govt refuses to listen to labour demand, they wail and curse. The govt is listening and trying to implement labour demand, they condemn and talk trash still.

Which kain useless generation be this?

12 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Emmaus12: 6:19am On May 25, 2017
Why do we need 29 people to agree if workers shouod be paid 56k Minimum wage....Seriously I am not understanding!

8 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by chinybelle(f): 6:42am On May 25, 2017
Na wash
Just fanning the fire

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Justuceleague2: 6:46am On May 25, 2017
Osinbanjo, if you want Nigerians to foh for you, don't waste time on panel

Reduce Senate allocation, they'll only grumble and keep Kwayet

Increase minimum wage to 56k and implement it immediately

Come and see how redeemed church go dey full

8 Likes

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by LionDeLeo: 7:42am On May 25, 2017
DropShot:
Na wa for jobless kids on nairaland ooo.

We can't even have any sensible conversation on any national issue except talking trash.

If the govt refuses to listen to labour demand, they wail and curse. The govt is listening and trying to implement labour demand, they condemn and talk trash still.

Which kain useless generation be this?

I just taya.

They complain about salary increase, now actions are being taken to address the issue, they still complain.

My own be say make the panel do the thing fast. Born to complain idiots can continue with their complains.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Amoto94(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2017
Inflation loading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Chiefly(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2017
About Goddamn time... NYSC Alawee next pls.

But oh.. This people can form panel for Africa shaa.
Stop giving us false hope. Y'all don't wanna do nothing to elevate the poor masses. No middle class no more self.. It's either u rich as f or broke as f so f y'all.

How man panels una don form for below pic??

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by three: 8:21am On May 25, 2017
nwakibe:
They will create a problem and pretend to be solving it. Who is fooling who?

Thank you
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by SamAbims(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2017
I'm on the panel wink
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Nobody: 8:22am On May 25, 2017
U
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by smartty68(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2017
Anyways, I won't say its a good move until it has been implemented because I'm used to hearing developments on paper.

While civil servants are struggling to earn minimum wages, politicians are there earning maximum wage for doing nothing
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Nobody: 8:23am On May 25, 2017
Fg should please grow up angry

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by godfatherx: 8:23am On May 25, 2017
It's raining this morning, no work today, let's make babies
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by Sunnycliff(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2017
Inasmuch as the #56000 minimum wage is unrealistic yet the #18000 take home can no longer take one to the bus stop
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by toyinjimoh(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2017
welcome development, God bless PMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by stinggy(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2017
I don't even want this salary increment. What I want is for prices of goods and services to drop down drastically, while the exchange rate return to the #100 region(almost impossible).
Secondly, salary harmonization between ministries and parastatals - the difference is just to much!

If the new salary increment is approved, believe me we'll buy bag of rice for 50k in Nigeria. Traders know how to milk people dry just because of salary increment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by SexyNairalander: 8:23am On May 25, 2017
booked
Re: FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand by hardywaltz(m): 8:24am On May 25, 2017
Good news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara / Margaret Obi Hosts Townhall Meeting With Ondo Women (Photos) / 4 Ex-Governors, 21 Other Senators Sponsor no Bill In 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.