Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning (56031 Views)

#JusticeForSeyiAkinade: Seyi Akinade Commits Suicide Over SARS Ill-Treatment / SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out / 19-year-old Lady Kidnaps Self, Demands N600,000 Ransom From Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by iksmoore(m): 6:09am On May 25, 2017
An agent of NairaBet, a sports betting platform, has ended his life over his inability to pay a customer who allegedly won a N600,000 bet.

PUNCH Metro learnt that residents of Obadeyi Ajala woke up on Wednesday to find the deceased dangling from a rope in an uncompleted shop at Ajala bus stop, on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.

The incident was said to have drawn a crowd to the area and a girlfriend of the deceased, who reportedly worked in a filling station in the area, was alerted.

The lady reportedly passed out on sighting the body, but was revived by the sympathisers at the scene.

A resident, Monday Gabriel, told our correspondent on the telephone that the lady gave an account of what could have prompted him to commit suicide.

He said, “I was going to my workplace around 8am when I saw people around three uncompleted shops in Ajala bus stop. On getting there, I saw the corpse of a young man in one of the shops dangling from a rope.

“As we wondered what could have made him to kill himself, a lady, who later identified herself as his girlfriend, arrived at the scene and fainted on sighting the corpse. We poured water on her.

“When she regained consciousness, she told us that the man sent her a text message yesterday (Tuesday), saying he wanted to commit suicide. She said she called his line, but he didn’t pick his calls.

“According to the girlfriend, the late man had a NairaBet shop. One of the customers won N600,000, but he has not paid him.”

Gabriel added that two persons later came and took the lady away from the scene on a motorcycle.

Another eyewitness, Olanrewaju Adebiyi, said policemen from the Ijaiye division came to remove the corpse.

He said, “I learnt he ran a NairaBet shop. If it is true that he was owing a customer N600,000, he must have received the money from the NairaBet management and used it for something else. I also play NairaBet and whenever I win, the agent I patronise pays me the moment the company credits his account.

“The company doesn’t owe the agents, but some of them play smart at times when customers win big money.”

An official of NairaBet Contact Centre, who gave her name only as Chidika, told our correspondent on the telephone that the firm always paid for any won ticket, adding that it was not aware of the incident.

She said, “We always pay for any won ticket. An agent has his own personal business. He/she is just a partner with NairaBet in which we share commission on a monthly or weekly basis. So, it depends on the understanding he had with the customer or the issue on the ground before he committed suicide.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous Cole, confirmed that the case was reported to the police.

“The incident was reported. I will get back to you with more details later,” he said.

. http://punchng.com/nairabet-agent-commits-suicide-over-n600000-winning/

1 Like

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by Justuceleague2: 6:29am On May 25, 2017
Sorry if this sounds insensitive but I think his girlfriend wanted him to die

Why? First of all if you work at a filling station, you must be at work by 6-7, not 8 AM, that's the first kleg

Secondly boyfriend texts you he wants to commit suicide but you stayed at work, calling him, he didn't pick your call and you assumed everything is OK?

On a very good day, considering all the publicity suicide and depression has received, a sane person would rush home to meet bf , if sex would calm him, if it's weed if it's drinking to stupor , something will save him that day

But I guess these generation of ladies, majority of them are selfish money gobbling problems , and they don't love like our fore fathers and parents used to

That's a fact, you can mention or insult all you want it wouldn't change the fact that girls these days are after money only not love

254 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by LionDeLeo: 6:34am On May 25, 2017
He runs a betting shop, yet he can't pay winning of 600k?

I'm not understanding, 600m or 600k?

Those betting stuffs are scam as far as I'm concerned.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by ikbnice(m): 6:50am On May 25, 2017
Girlfriend! Na u let him die. Most girls of nowadays know nothing other than posting meaningless selfies on social media.
Your bf sent a suicide text to you and you can't alert anybody, you didn't check on him. Even if it's on April 1st, you shouldn't take it for a joke.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by koropotopoto: 6:51am On May 25, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:
He runs a betting shop, yet he can't pay winning of 600k?

I'm not understanding, 600m or 600k?

Those betting stuffs are scam as far as I'm concerned.
[/s]
Rubbish!

People forming holy holy online

like non of your relatives do bet9ja or nairabet
sports betting is for matured mind

Nonsense

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by bewla(m): 6:57am On May 25, 2017
let me cool down first think what to say here
while I do so RIP to d dead
Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by iraborosasu: 6:57am On May 25, 2017
So the Bros that Won 600k Nkor?

They better Pay him his money O

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by azimibraun: 7:07am On May 25, 2017
"The lady reportedly passed out on sighting the body, but was revived by the sympathisers at the scene."

Those sympathisers badt o! Dem no even allow d lady faint finish dem wake her up to witness Werin dey happen because she bin dey chop from people bet wey dey cast all along.. If you chop you must see...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by CIOSYLVA(m): 7:09am On May 25, 2017
Let the dead bury the dead..
No RIP
No Sympathy
No cry
No tears.

They should find a way to pay the ticket winner oo. because before winning comes many losses..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by pyyxxaro: 7:10am On May 25, 2017
Make I wash plate first

Brb kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by ipobarecriminals: 7:12am On May 25, 2017
sad he probably chop the money.

5 Likes

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by azimibraun: 7:16am On May 25, 2017
Justuceleague2:
Sorry if this sounds insensitive but I think his girlfriend wanted him to die

Why? First of all if you work at a filling station, you must be at work by 6-7, not 8 AM, that's the first kleg

Secondly boyfriend texts you he wants to commit suicide but you stayed at work, calling him, he didn't pick your call and you assumed everything is OK?

On a very good day, considering all the publicity suicide and depression has received, a sane person would rush home to meet bf , if sex would calm him, if it's weed if it's drinking to stupor , something will save him that day

But I guess these generation of ladies, majority of them are selfish money gobbling problems , and they don't love like our fore fathers and parents used to

That's a fact, you can mention or insult all you want it wouldn't change the fact that girls these days are after money only not love
Your head is complete.. In addition, more than girls only love money and not love, girls are becoming more foolish by the seconds. Have you noticed that a girl is less intelligent every other time you see her and you engage her in a conversation? That's their new civilisation. To act mumuish is fashion. Tell a lady of the 80s and late 90s you want to commit suicide and see how she would run naked on the street to come and stop you from doing it not minding if it's a joke or not.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by LionDeLeo: 7:18am On May 25, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
Rubbish!

People forming holy holy online

like non of your relatives do bet9ja or nairabet
sports betting is for matured mind

Nonsense
Spotted grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by LionDeLeo: 7:20am On May 25, 2017
iraborosasu:

Who should pay him?
Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by azimibraun: 7:23am On May 25, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Who should pay him?
Nairabet has shifted bulk already " it depends on the arrangement he has with his agent" gbam!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by LionDeLeo: 7:28am On May 25, 2017
azimibraun:
Nairabet has shifted bulk already " it depends on the arrangement he has with his agent" gbam!!!

But the agent is gone.

1 Like

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by koropotopoto: 7:32am On May 25, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

But the agent is gone.
[/s]
if you don't know how things work ask others
stop claiming i too know always
that's how you shamelessly disgraced yourself yesterday by saying that China is not a developed country

ok one more lesson for you today kid

all the winner need to do is to lodge a complain on nairabet with his valid ticket code and after confirmation from all angles
Nairabet will pay him completely.

learn before you talk next time
stop claiming what you don't know cheesy

kiss the truth

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by LionDeLeo: 7:34am On May 25, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
if you don't know how things work ask others
stop claiming i too know always
that's how you shamelessly disgraced yourself yesterday by saying that China is not a developed country

ok one more lesson for you today kid

all the winner need to do is to lodge a complain on nairaland with his valid ticket code and after confirmation from all angles
Nairabet will pay him completely.

learn before you talk next time
stop claiming what you don't know cheesy

kiss the truth

See wetin nairaland don dey do people. grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by koropotopoto: 7:35am On May 25, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

See wetin nairaland don dey do people. grin
[/s]
a smart chap knows typographical error when he sees it

unlike you i don't claim to be perfect grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by columbus007(m): 7:51am On May 25, 2017
iraborosasu:

i'am sure he has the dead guy's phone number so he shld keep calling him undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by columbus007(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2017
azimibraun:
Your head is complete.. In addition, more than girls only love money and not love, girls are becoming more foolish by the seconds. Have you noticed that a girl is less intelligent every other time you see her and you engage her in a conversation? That's their new civilisation. To act mumuish is fashion. Tell a lady of the 80s and late 90s you want to commit suicide and see how she would run naked on the street to come and stop you from doing it not minding if it's a joke or not.
girls of nowadays are mostly gutter girls,they are always money hungry like their bf is their father, most of them cannot even eat in their various houses and they are so lazy.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by Nobody: 8:26am On May 25, 2017
I have won couple of bets in bet9a.The agent in my area are always reluctant to pay me anytime I won.They will say"No money.I just open shop"They will also want to tax me from the little bet I win as if they console me when I lost.They are rude to customers as well.They need orientation.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by Nobody: 8:35am On May 25, 2017
CIOSYLVA:
Let the dead bury the dead..
No RIP
No Sympathy
No cry
No tears.

They should find a way to pay the ticket winner oo. because before winning comes many losses..

I dey teh you.Money wey I dey loss for sportbet dey pain me eh.Expecially when na one game spoil my ₦20k about to win ticket.

1 Like

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by Abudu2000(m): 9:09am On May 25, 2017
Hh
Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by exlink10(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2017
ok
Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by sotall(m): 10:09am On May 25, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by Xsem(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
a smart chap knows typographical error when he sees it

unlike you i don't claim to be perfect grin
Sharap
Kiss the truth grin

5 Likes

Re: Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning by Chikelue2000(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2017
y can't he pay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK / Alika Ogorchukwu Killed In Italy - Nigerian Embassy Reacts / Hausa, Northerners Attacked In Oyo By Amotekun & Hoodlums - Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.