Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? (30303 Views)

In What Business Can I Invest #1,000,000 And Get A Profit Of #4,000 Daily? / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Which Business Can I Start As A Chemistry Graduate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Seun(m): 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2005
From one of our members:
[I]"I am a computer operator and I am jobless.

"Please I will like you to advise me, though I am jobless. I have 4,000.00 naira. I want you to advise me, ... what business can I use the money for to generate more money?"[/I]

I don't know the answer to this question. Do you? What business can one start with just 4,000 naira?
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by kazey(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2005
hum ? 4,000 Naira ? Wondering? Tricky but there is.But the thing is i would have love to ask this guy, what business can he do? Where is he located? And what kind of environment is he surrounded by as in terms of maybe students, workers, hawkers etc? That way i can tell of a possible business that might work around him, but generally i would narrow it down to the areas of Home related Business as in working from his bedroom. so if this questions are answered then and only i could help with a possible business idea.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Seun(m): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2005
Tunde Famous from Abuja has sent another mail:

I must commend you for making an attempt to my question. I am very grateful.

Firstly, I am confused of the business to do. Secondly, I live in an environment whereby a lot of people mind there own business. Thirdly, I am a student at the same time a worker as a computer operator. Unfortunately I lost my job. Instead of me sitting down at home doing nothing, that is why I am asking you to advise me on what to do with N4000.00 thousand naira so that I can generate it, instead if lacking.

Once again, I am grateful for making an attempt to my question and God bless you all.
Personally, I feel it's hard to find a business for 4,000 naira - except for some form of consulting, which of course implies that Tunde must have some additional skills.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by kazey(m): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2005
seun:

Firstly, I am confused of the business to do. Secondly, I live in an environment whereby a lot of people mind there own business.
I would say to be confused is absolutely normal especially when you are left with only N4000 without a job. Living an environment where people mind their own business does not also denote that there is nothing that can be done.

seun:

Thirdly, I am a student at the same time a worker as a computer operator. Unfortunately I lost my job. Instead of me sitting down at home doing nothing, that is why I am asking you to advise me on what to do with N4000.00 thousand naira so that I can generate it, instead if lacking.

Great!! you are student smiley although i cannot promise that you might earn a multi-thousand Naira profit from any business plan that starts with 4000 naira, But i can ascertain that you wont lose your money if carefully and properly planned. As Seun commented the amount is really small, but that does not denote that it wouldn't do something wonderful. So what kind of business would work ?

I can say this or that, but i can help you in relation to seeing what might work. SO i would ask questions and base on that we can be of help to each other. Which kind of school are you into? High institution i suppose due to the nature of you work which happens to be in the age category in question.

Do the students in your school have trouble concerning any particular service or goods?

Do you have other funds or means in supporting yourself apart from this 4000 Naira?
If someone has a business plan for you and ready to invest, would you be accountable? Honest answer please smiley

and last of all please elaborate on the type of school environment you study in.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by kodewrita(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2005
i believe that as long as you have anything above 5oo naira you can start a business in nigeria provided you are ready to do it and wait for it to break even.
If you are not too shy or proud these are a few you could do.

1. if u have a phone buying a booster card is too easy. u can start this anywhere. your room mates can make calls. but u might find this below you so here's another one.

2. you can get yourself a camera and learn how to snap pictures. a camera might cost less than 2000 naira. maximum 3000 naira. other things you might need would include batteries and films. you don't need a shop , you can do it on the move. snapping pixs at church conventions, schools and stuff. again this requires that you shouldn't be scared of perceptions (you said that people mind their biz so you shouldn't have problems with either).

3. If there is a spare tv at home and the kids in your area are not so knowledgeable about games or they don't have access to one, you can start your own arcade centre. the only problem with this is that it might need a shop and this is the ageof the playstation, Sega genesis or megadrive may not sell that fast.

there are other things you can do but these are the ones i could suggest offhand.
find out more about your area and see if you can start supplying anything with 4000 naira. stay cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Allwell(m): 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2005
Well, I don't think you actually need the #4,ooo to start a good business. Since you a student, ( in a tertiary institution I presume), all you need do is get into the library, read up one or two courses and start a tutorial for other students. Of course, it won't be free and I beleive it will assist you too.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2005
Actually, he needs more than 4,000 naira to start a tutorial class because the books he needs to read to teach the course will not be available in the school library! He'll have to get it from a bookshop.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by matrix(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2005
seun believe you me..tutorial classes for someone who has lost his job, is not very visible..4 thousand is not a joke..Its good to come up with varous ideas on how well to grow 4thousand Naira but what i recommend is simple, buy pure water whole sale and retail it.. Its hundred percent profit, A bag of 20 is sold at 50naira max 60 naira when retailed its 100 naira...
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Greatpeter(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2005
This guy should wait for divine direction once you're guided by God everything becomes easy.
Although he can start selling groundnut or bread. Who knows he can become a baker tomorrow employing people just like Delta bread baker.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by obong(m): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2005
Is landscaping a viable business in NIgeria?
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by chuks(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2005
Business you can start with that kind of money is a business that guys call GNLD Net Marketing I will like anybody who is Intrested in it to contact me but first Vist www.gnld.co.za
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Ka: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2005
Hm... this GNLD thing smells very much to me like a pyramid scheme where the main people to benefit are those who are at the top because they have joined the scheme early. A bit like the Forever Living thing that was doing the rounds in Naija at one time (don't know if it's still going strong).
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Seun(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2005
Ka, I think you read my mind a lot! I don't like multi-level marketing programmes either.  My advice to members of these forum: be very wary of MLM programmes, especially if you're desperate for money.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by matrix(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2005
buy and sell .....exercise books
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by jogego(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2005
MLM is nothing other than a pyramid scheme and when it collapses, that is it, all your efforts and money down the drain
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by bootysue(f): 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2005
option 1-am assuming u already have a mobile phone, u can buy some recharge cards and start the usual phone call businness

option 2- get some boys out and sell poor water

option 3- give it to the needy and someday you get the reward back in 100 folds
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by makgod(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2005
Not in Nigeria niggi, except u are as patient as christ himself.
just go get some cool baggi and a nice tee shirt and wait for ur next miracle.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by aki(m): 12:27am On Aug 31, 2005
if you work hard, you can achieve anything you want to achieve.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by makgod(m): 3:10am On Sep 01, 2005
But who is dat patient, with 4000..? common man.....are u a machine...?
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by layi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2005
makgod has said it all. Just baffup urself with it and wait for better money.

But if u still insist, the only thing u can do with 4K is become an agent. Use the money for transportation. Go solicit for/get jobs for people and earn ur commission. thats all it can do.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Emortal(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2005
market am well, start a fried yam depo, . call am Naijafries
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by hotangel2(f): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2005
Welcome to nairaland Emortal. Create your introduction profile.

I see you are good with business. cheesy
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Emortal(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2005
hey angel, thank you for the warm welcome, will do that here in a minute, still parambulating the environment
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Latoya(f): 4:18am On Sep 06, 2005
Start a provision store
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by layi(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2005
@Latoya

Provision store with 4000naira ? U can even buy 2 cartons of peak milk with that. Maybe u thot he was talkin bout 4000AUD undecided   
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Latoya(f): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2005
Nah i knew he was talking about Naira.
he doesnt have to buy 2 cartons of peak milk as u have said.y not buy half a carton and some other things in small quantities and while u r selling u will be using the profit to enlarge your business for the time been.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by layi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2005
Ok. But that would do only for a provison table (not store).
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Greatpeter(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2005
Let this person start selling eggs or raw food items.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Greatpeter(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2005
Let this person start selling eggs.
start from somewhere.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Latoya(f): 5:30am On Sep 07, 2005
or maybe start selling Vegetables such as cabbage,carrots,spinach,lettuce,Broclli,cauliflower,capsicon,etc
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by kenflavor(m): 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2005
grin hahahahaha cheesy

Layi u will kill me ooo

Which one is provision table? cheesy

There are a lot of businesses to do with just 2,000 Naira, depending on the person involve.

I will advice the guy to start buying bags of pure water and ice block. If possible he should also learn how to make Zobo, although is very easy to prepare, its just like making Tea. (don't ask me whether I have done it before shocked)

There is a lot of profit in this kind of business. He should also sell snacks along with his beverages.

I assure u the combination will make him a rich man soonest. Couple with the next whether we are going into. cool

GUIDELINE

1. 2 bags of pure water (for a start) ------ 100 Naira
2. Two Nylon of Ice Block ------------------ 20 Naira
3. 4 dozens of borns ----------------------- 400 Naira (i suppose)
4. 2 dozens of meet pie -------------------- 500 Naira
5. 2 dozens of Poff Poff --------------------- 200 Naira
6. 2 Plastic buckets (one for Sobo & Pure water & the other 4 snacks) ---- 400 Naira
7. Sugar, Zobo and other ingredients --------- 200Naira

After this he will be having 2,180 Naira. Let us assume he spends 180 Naira on transportation.
The remainig 2,000 Naira could be saved for eventualities.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by IAH(f): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2005
layi:

Ok. But that would do only for a provison table (not store).

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched / How Nairaland Has Encouraged Me To Own A Business Today / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.