Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (8857 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Chukwudozzie(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nice, abeg, more update.

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by omobs(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
nice story

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 4:51am On Jun 13, 2017
WWIII looming in a small community

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
Continues

TEN

"Èèwọ̀! Ọmọ ọwọ́ ò kí kú lójú ọwọ́
"Ọmọ ẹsẹ̀ ò kí kú lójú ẹsẹ̀
...(incantation continued)

Dèyí tried all he could to revive his father but "it is too late to cry when the head is off". The youngest wife was already crying her eyes out;

"Àjànà! Dont do this to me... Wait to reap the fruit of your labour to your satisfaction..." Morẹ́nikẹ́ continued to cry bitterly as Dèyí was already sending the younger siblings out of the room and the younger wives, he shortly carried out some atonement wanting to know the source of Ajana's death, all effort went fruitless. The family meeting was held the following day while Àjànà went six feet deep beneath the soil. Masquerade had to come out for Àjànà as the tradition has it, oro too was to be appeased to, the funeral took place in their traditional manner, within three weeks they were almost through with everything except for the secret cult group that showed up uninvited, they ordered they dig out Àjànà's corpse, it was done stealthily, they took his body away for the reason best known to them.

Òrìṣátọ́lá's death was a mystery to everyone because he wasn't sick before his death. Dèyí would not believe his father was dead, the bone behind his flesh has broken, the trees that made up his forest have been cut off. A month after Òrìṣátọ́lá's death, Devi got home one day;

"Àjànà I am back o" he had said before he came back to the reality that he was fatherless, that got him into deep thinking;
"So, I am now fatherless...
"Nobody to be scared of before dealing with me...
"Nobody to run back to in time of trouble...
"The mighty Àjànà-oro of Okódilé finally fell and never rose, not even the dead body is available...
"Upon all his powers... Hmmmmmm if anyone could catch my father I know and I am sure that I'm very vulnerable. Hmmmmmm " He looked up, tears filled up his eyes.

"Should I go on a revenge mission or I should just ignore the whole issue and continue with my life?...
"Come to think of, can I even accomplish the revenge mission if I embark on it?...
"Can I defeat those who were able to end my father?...
"A man must die but just once, I will find out the fools behind my father's death! " Dèyí assured himself and promised to avenge his father's death.

There were two men, one holding a red-clothed cutlass while the other was carrying a big calabash, the one holding the cutlass was sitting on Dèyí's bed while the one with the calabash was standing behind Dèyí who was kneeling down facing the man with the cutlass;

"Hahahahahaha... Ògúndèyí okunrin mesan... Iwo o mo pe Ikúdáyìísí ti ku tipe... Ikúkọ̀yí gan ti re Ìwàlẹ̀ àsà ... Ọkọ́ya ti di eero orun... Mákùú ku la i so fun eeyan kankan (Ògúndèyí the super man... You dont know that the person named "Death preserves this" has died long ago... Even "Death rejects this" has gone to un-returnable journey... "Dont die" died without informing anybody) who was your father to have escaped death? Hahahahahaha" The first man laughed at Dèyí.

"Dèyí! You dont need to ask whom we are or who sent us because our response will be useless, we are here to end you as we ended your father... We know it would be difficult dealing with you if your father was alive, so we eliminated him first, now you." The second man explained.

The first man stood up with determination, looked at Dèyí who was on his knees dumb, looked at the cutlass, he gently positioned it on Dèyí's neck, raised it up, forcefully taking it down on Dèyí's neck;
"Noooooo...!" Dèyí screamed alive from the nightmare, he started to pronounce some statements, he did some other things before returning to bed. Very early the next morning Dèyí quickly visited his baba in another village, they explained the meaning of the dream to him, he got to know that the people that killed hi father were now after him, he was told to make a big sacrifice within seven days, a black soap was given to him to bathe every midnight till it finishes, Dèyí was planning on defending himself more than revenging,, he knew it was better for him to play not to lose than to play to win.

Dèyí's arrogance has drastically gone down, more than half of his guys have left him, the few remaining were not frequent with him compared to earlier, all his wives have gone to God knows where, Ajana's youngest wife has found her way, within few months after the death of Òrìṣátọ́lá, his house that was always filled up was already turning to something else.

Dèyí was speeding home on his bike from where he went to drink palm wine one hot afternoon, Dèyí would never agree he was drunk, they warned him not to ride himself home but he turned it to fight which they eventually allowed him, he was almost running the whole speedometer which caught the attention of everyone on the town's main road, he suddenly climbed one of the speed bump with speed, the bike sped into the air while Dèyí dropped off into the gutter by the side of the road. Everyone quickly gathered around him to help, series of questions were being asked, they discovered he was drunk to the last bit, after few minutes of first aid treatment, he opened his eyes right there in the gutter, he tried to talk but he couldn't, he wanted to lift one of his legs but he was unable to;
"Ah! They got him." One man pitied.
"Let's rush him to General" A young woman suggested, they took Dèyí to the one and only Hospital in Okódilé town.
"We will need to transfer you to a recommended hospital in the city, the condition of your legs is critical, both the fibula and libia were seriously affected and may result to permanent damage" The doctor broke the news after examining the his legs.
"Ah! Who will pay the bills!" Dèyí exhaled in pains. The doctor looked at him and others sitting around his bed in the ward, shook his head; "we will work on the transfer when you are ready" the doctor added and left.

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Continues

ELEVEN

Dèyí's two eyes switched from seeing to pumping like the heart, the only difference was the eyes were not pumping blood but tears. Morẹ́nikẹ́ was sitting right beside him while one of his guys, Kunle Contagious as they called him was also there with them;

"This is it now. 'Baa wi fun omo eni, a gbo' I would say it back then, drinking is a bad habit, your father would say real men drink." Morẹ́nikẹ́ blamed. "Chameleon that walks gently and careful dies not to talk of frog that jumps up and down, here and there. Can you see where you and your father have led your life to now? Immediately after his mysterious death, you were bounced on. Now I would have said it is your problem but I am concerned" She wept.
"Mama Dèyí, let's just find the way out, no dey blame anybody now abeg" Contagious said.
"OK. Do you have up to N50,000 you can lend us now?" She asked sarcastically amidst tears.
"Ah! That na my mama virginity, where I wan see am?" He responded.
"Dèyí, you see your life now? Not even one responsibile friend of all, all you guys do together is drinking and smoking, where do we get money now?" Morẹ́nikẹ́ lamented. Dèyí was busy drinking tears.
"Maami (my mom), this is not the time for blaming me please. I think I have one friend, Paul, I knew him during my OND days, we were not that close though because he used to preach to me but I'm sure his parents were very rich"
"So, you still remember that you went to school? You just wasted all the money spent on you and came back to become king of louts in the town. Do you have the friend's phone number?" Morẹ́nikẹ́ asked with expectation of negative answer. Dèyí requested for his phone which he hadn't seen since he had the accident, fortunately for him, it was with Contagious.
"I cant even remember what I saved it with, it's been long, I think we spoke last, five years ago" Dèyí kept scrolling his contacts.
"Will you leave calendar out of this and find the number" Morẹ́nikẹ́ fired at Dèyí.
"Oh! I think it is this PP, Paul Preacher... Yes. It is." He confirmed it. He dialed the number;
"Your account is too low for this call, please load a recharge card, thank you." The voice responded though loudspeaker.
"Sir, you you have airtime on your phone" Morẹ́nikẹ́ asked Contagious believing he wouldn't.
"Use my phone" Contagious gave his phone to Dèyí. After some seconds, a voice responded from the other end of the phone;
"Hello, whom am I speaking with" A lady's voice.
"I am Ògúndèyí Òrìṣátọ́lá from OA Poly. I want to speak with Paul Adeyemi."
"Please check the number you dialed, it must be a wrong number" The lady ended the call.
"Oh shit! I dialed 070 instead of 080" Dèyí hit the bed, the effect went to his bandaged legs, he felt the pain and was cautioned by it. He dialed the expected right number;
"Hello, who is this?" A guy responded
"I am Dèyí Òrìṣátọ́lá from OA Poly, is that Paul Adeyemi?"
"Dèyí? Oosa? (Dèyí was nicknamed Oosa in school)" Paul asked.
"Yes yes."
"Dèyí, it's been ages, how is..."
"Paul, please, as I'm talking to you now, I am almost losing my legs especially the left, that's if I have not lost it." Dèyí cut in. "Please I need your assistance." Dèyí explained, crying. Paul got moved as he never imagined Dèyí crying. Paul asked for the address and the description, he promised to be there the next day.

Dèyí was a friend to Paul back then in the Polytechnic, he got closer to Dèyí because he wanted to stop all his notorious acts but Dèyí would never listen to him not to talk of accepting his words and 'his Jesus', Paul's father was one of the most popular pastors in the country, Paul did not desist from Dèyí even after school until he lost his number.

Paul was shedding tears when he got to the hospital the next day, the mighty Dèyí was lying on the bed like a dead boa. Paul paid for the necessary bills, paid for the transfer to the recommended hospital, Dèyí was successfully operated upon with medical assurance that he would be able to walk with the legs, Paul was billed for it as well. After Dèyí was discharged, Paul requested he should come with him for some times, he agreed and moved to the city with Paul, he was still supporting himself with walking sticks.

In a well furnished portable three bedroom flat sitting room, Paul was lying on the three-sitter chair while Dèyí was quiet on the two sitter opposite Paul with his walking sticks beside him. The room was quiet, neither Paul nor Dèyí uttered a word since Dèyí's mother left few minutes back, she had followed Dèyí to Paul's place in the city before returning to Okódilé, Dèyí would look up and see Paul staring at him, Dèyí finally spoke up;

"Paul..." He sobbed. "I dont know how to thank you, without you I dont know who else could have done this, I dont actually deserve...".
Paul cuts in;
"Hey! It's OK. It's all God. Either you think you deserve it or not, what I know is everybody deserves something from somebody at any time. So, you deserve it."
"Paul, we were never close friends. I never categorized you as a friend till I had problem, all I know in my mind is that I had one Paul in school back then who had a rich father" Tears rolled off his cheeks while Paul smiled.
"You know I was actually after you to win your soul for Christ which seemed impossible then, I later lost your number. Dèyí, I know you have a lot of stories to tell. Did you drop your rough attitudes in school or you continued with it after school?"
"Hmmmmmm... I wont lie to you, I became more arrogant than the Dèyí you knew in school. In fact, it is a long story without subtitle."
"Summarize it ty me" Paul demanded.
Dèyí summarized some parts of his life after school to Paul, how his father died, the spiritual battles he was in and how he had promised himself never to back out until he revenged his father's death. Paul felt sorry for him advised him to change for better;
"You dont need to revenge, God is an avenger, He is ready to fight on your behalf, conquer for you even without your consent, all you have to do is to give your life to Christ."
"Paul stop there" Dèyí raised his voice. "That will be the last thing I will do on this land of the lifting, I cant give my life to any Christ for any reason, I rather die" Dèyí shunned.
"Ah! Wait, do you have any problem with Christianity or Jesus Christ himself?" Paul asked surprisingly.
"If that is your reason for doing all that to me, I dont mind returning to Okódilé now, which I know I will go sooner or later"

Paul noticed that Dèyí was not ready to change and he was getting angry, he changed from the religious conversation … Paul and Dèyí continued to stay together for months, he started to walk without the sticks, Dèyí had met with Paul's fiance several times, whenever she came around she met Dèyí if he did not go to work, Dèyí had got a job in sachet-water factory in the city through Paul, he would go to Okódilé to visit his mother some weekends and gave her some money, all his guys then had found their ways into exile except Kunle Contagious who was still in contact, Dèyí still had it mind to revenge the death of his father but he didn't know how and where to start from, many of his charms are still untouched in Okódilé but he couldn't take them to Paul's apartment in the city because Paul frowned at fetish things, everything was surprisingly going fine between two friends with absolutely different characters, staying together peacefully. One day, Dèyí thought of sleeping with Paul's girlfriend.

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
Continues

TWELVE

Oh Morẹ́nikẹ́! The only parent remaining for Dèyí has gone to the journey of no return as well - Dèyí lost her mother to a cheap sickness, the first time Dèyí cried uncontrollably, he lost another gem, nobody was worth visiting at home again, other wives have found their square root, other siblings have gone different paths perhaps without any destination, …so the mighty do fall, indeed, nothing lasts forever… .

Dèyí found it difficult to believe the day he finally packed out of his father's house to Paul's house in the city pending the time he would get his as he was now earning money at least. The death of his mother took his revenge mission off his mind that he almost forgot, he has been unconsciously grabbing Paul's habits but the Dèyí Àjànà in him were not ready to leave that quick.

Roseline was a very religious girl who would use almost 24 hours in the church or doing church related things, talking about beauty, if the popular Yoruba actress Mosun Filani is beautiful, then Rose was;
"Deacon Dèyí" she would tease Dèyí anytime she visited Paul, there had not been a time she would visit them without accusing Paul for not preaching the Gospel to Dèyí;
"See, I have not seen someone as strong-hearted as Dèyí in my life, I'm doing all I can" Paul told Rose. "I know there is nothing difficult for God to do if He really wants to do it, when it is time, God knows how He catches such people" He added.

Paul had travelled to Burkina faso the previous week with the company he worked with, for a business meeting, he was to use two weeks over there, two days to the day Paul was to return was the day Dèyí thought of sleeping with Rose;

"Imagine! She was telling me that greater is He in her than the he that was in my father" Dèyí remembered the Bible verse Rose quoted two weeks back when he was telling her and Paul how powerful his father was, and how he could marry any lady he wanted.
"She was even proud with the quote as if she has any protection aside this their theoretical Jesus" he thought again. "And I'll show her that ordinary me can do it not to talk of my great late Òrìṣátọ́lá, Oruka amudo lasan ni ma lo fun (I'll only touch her with a ring, and that's all)" he boasted.

It was on Thursday afternoon, Paul was to return on Saturday, Dèyí placed a call to Rose telling her he felt like reading Bible and couldn't locate Paul's Bible; "it wont be hidden in his room, check very well" was the response he got, Dèyí insisted he had searched everywhere and suggested she should bring hers in case they cant locate it, Rose was happy Dèyí wanted to read Bible; "maybe it's God's time for him to be rescued" she thought as she quickly dressed up;

"Why am I feeling this way? Or I should just stay and tell him to download one from the play store? Can he even harm me when my finance is his helper?... And Paul warned me not to go there when he is not around, maybe Paul does not even trust him... But what if he truly wants to read Bible, wont I be losing a ready soul?" Rose was confused. "No! I must go!" She convinced herself to go;

"Everlasting God in the name of Jesus.... God I thank you for today again, both for whom you are and for what you've done... For the Bible says we should not be ignorance of the devices of the enemies therefore I come against right now, every freshly launched arrow, every concluded evil of the wicked ones, every assigned weapons to me, in the mighty name of Jesus. I anoint myself afresh and become a touch-not, in Jesus' name I pray, amen." She said short prayer then went her way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by omobs(m): 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
nice update

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
"Deacon Dèyí, it is surprising o, you searching for a Bible to read actually triggered me. God is really wonderful" The first thing Rose said before greeting Dèyí. Dèyí must not talk to her until he hits her with the ring, the effect of the ring should make her close her eyes unconsciously for some seconds before she would lose her senses temporarily until after the sex. Dèyí was just smiling to everything Rose was saying,

"I brought my Bible but let's search for Paul's first" she said, dropped her Bible on the table and went to Paul's room while Dèyí followed her to carry out his plan, he was about to hit her with the ring when phone began to ring in the sitting room,
"Is that not your phone?" Rose asked as she continued to search for the Bible, Dèyí couldn't respond, he just rushed to the sitting room to check the caller, it was Paul calling, he ignored the call, silenced the phone and returned to join Rose, he didn't waste time on getting back to the room, he quickly hit her with the ring-palm and stepped back to watch her reaction;

"Jesus! What's that?" Rose asked immediately Dèyí hit her, he was quiet for a while before he responded;
"It's one insect walking on your shoulder, see it again!..." He hit her again thinking that the first hit didn't really hit her, he had forgotten he already talked before the second hit, he covered his palm like he had killed the insect; "We need to fumigate this apartment" he added.
"Thanks uncle Dèyí. I've told Paul several times to buy insecticide, he wouldn't listen"
Rose finally found a small Bible lying on the bed; as Dèyí was wondering why the ring didn't have effect on Rose;
"...and I cant use it to hit the same person three times" He thought to himself and bit his finger stylishly. Rose and Dèyí returned to the sitting room, Dèyí was holding Rose's Bible while Rose was with the other one, she opened to John 3:16 and started preaching to Dèyí who was far oblivious of his environment. It wasn't up to 15 minutes before he confessed he was tired and would continue to listen some other time even when he never listened to a word of all she said. She later cooked for him and left.
If our eyes can be opened for us to see the battles we win even without our knowledge, we'll know we wrestle not against the physical alone.

T.B.C

2 Likes

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
Continues

THIRTEEN

"Pa!!!" Dèyí hit the table he was sitting behind. "That was f***ing strange! Nobody ever escaped this ring before now" He lamented.
"If you use it on a lady and it doesn't work, dont try it the second time. If you do, you'll get a strange feeling in you, dont ever try the third time as the ring has lost its value and you may go mad" Dèyí remembered what his father told him the day he gave him the ring.
"But, for the ring to have failed on her, who is this Rose?" He dropped the rhetorical question.
"Greater is He that is in me..." He remembered her favourite Bible verse; he thought of dealing with Rose by all means, then he remembered what his father said the day Jàkáyé got burnt;
"I said you guys should shut up. In case you all dont know, apart from him (Lékèéwọ̀gbẹ́), there are some unknown others that are more powerful than any terrestrial power, you just have to avoid such people, you cant afford to attack them..." His mouth was wide open, he began to imagine the kind of power Rose might possess in her, he was confused of the next thing to do, he looked at the ring, hissed and went to flush it away. He was ready to eat the food Rose prepared for him but he was scared unnecessarily the food might destroy the powers he had in him, he later ate it concluding nothing would happen.

Paul returned from the journey on Saturday, he bought a lot of things for Dèyí and clothes majorly for Rose, neither Rose nor Dèyí told Paul about the "Bible Visit". Dèyí was seriously saving up money to get his own apartment as he thought Rose was uncomfortable seeing him around every time she came to visit her fiance.

It's been a while Dèyí visited Okódilé, he had almost nothing to do there again except for some family members and if he had to pick one or two charms from home. People of Okódilé were already forgetting the notorious Dèyí-Ajana, everything was going on well. A little sickness took Dèyí to the hospital which made the doctor to advise him to cut his dread which he did.
Dèyí and Contagious were on the bus from Ibadan going to Okódilé, Contagious had informed him about some people he discovered on Òrìṣátọ́lá's farm trying to claim owners, he reportedly challenged them but they were ready to fight, the fireman inside Dèyí had already risen, they were still on the bus from Ibadan, not anywhere close to Okódilé when they noticed a police van following them, since the bus driver knew he was clean and had no issue with the police, he believed they were not after them, in less than twenty minutes, the police van crossed their bus and stopped them.

"Everybody come down! Who among you is OgunDèyí Òrìṣátọ́lá ?" Policeman-one asked. With the facial expression the policemen were carrying, the passengers knew that the Ogundeyi Òrìṣátọ́lá had to be in serious problem.
"I assume nobody is deaf and dumb here." Another policeman roared at them. Dèyí was scared, he handed over his phone to Contagious and raised his hand;
"I am Ogundeyi Òrìṣátọ́lá, what is the problem sir?" He asked with a confused look, the policeman-one stretched his hand backwards, another policeman brought out a picture and gave it to him, he looked at it, looked at Dèyí for like three times;
"Oh! You cut your dreadlocks! Hahahahahaha to deceive the arrest. Anyway, we're from Majekodunmi Police Station, you're under arrest for the murder of Mrs S.O Ayelabola. You! Handcuff him!" He commanded. Dèyí was speechless and seemed dumb. Before he could say anything, they've pushed him into their van.
"And to you all, either you're getting ready for it or not, your day of arrest is coming" Policeman-one said pointing to the remaining passengers, he entered the van and they zoomed off.

2 Likes

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
Dèyí was taken to the IPO's office immediately they got to the Police Station;
"Sit down young man" the IPO said said pointing to a chair before his table. Dèyí was wondering how he could offer a said murderer a seat, in less than five minutes, a police officer came in with a tray of Amala and Egusi soup with plenty ponmo and one five-alive and a bottle of water, he stretched it to Dèyí who was reluctant in wonder;
"Collect it, it's for you." The IPO assured him with a smile. Dèyí took the food and devoured it in no time while the IPO and another police officer was just watching him and smiling. After Dèyí was done, the police officer returned the tray and others, then the IPO went closer to Dèyí,
"Look at me young man" he said, tapping Dèyí on his shoulder, Dèyí blinked twice and opened his eyes, he was lying on his bed, Paul was standing beside him tapping his shoulder to wake him. Dèyí finally woke from the strange dream, he rubbed his eyes with two fingers to gain clearer sight;
"So, this is how you go to work late. You're fired today" Paul teased him. Dèyí quickly checked the wall clock;
"Oh! It's past 7am already!" He exclaimed. "..and was that a dream?" He asked rhetorically as he was leaving the bed.
"So, you've been dreaming?" Paul asked curiously,
"In fact, a very ambiguous dream" Dèyí responded, he summarized the dream to Paul.
"Hahahahahaha tell me you ate the food.. Hehehehehe" Paul laughed. "But, eating in one's dream does have a meaning, if I suggest we should see my dad now, you will oppose"
"Dont even suggest because I'm opposing already. It's just a mere dream. I know your dad, he can preach to anything and I dont want to have anything to do with your religion. Not even Jesus can preach to me" he fired at Paul not surprisingly. "I'll visit one baba at Àgbẹ́tẹ̀dó by weekend if I really want to know the meaning of that dream" he said and exited the bed.
"As expected. I pray God will touch your rock heart" Paul said as he was leaving the room.
"He dare not near my heart" Dèyí responded from the bathroom, Paul shook his head in pity.

Dèyí got to work very late that day, luckily for him, the manager had not got to work, he was able to manipulate time. The day's work went smoothly, they even closed an hour earlier than usual. Dèyí boarded a taxi to the bus-stop that led home as usual and decided to trek home, it was few minutes after 4pm, he had not taken five feet when he noticed a lady screaming Uncle! Uncle! Uncle! from the crowd, he looked to the direction and realized he's the one she was calling and pointing at the same time. He waited to hear from her.

T.B.C

2 Likes

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
Continues

FOURTEEN

Dèyí took a proper view of the lady maybe he would recognize her but not really. Her face seemed familiar yet he was sure he had not seen the young lady before. She finally got through the bus-stop crowd and was now standing before Dèyí, she took her breath for few seconds then she voiced out;
"I am sorry if I might have taken out of your time" she pleaded while Dèyí nodded nonchalantly in response, waiting to hear whatever she had to say.
"Sir, I didn't know you before and I was not sent by any human but the Omniscient God" Dèyí who was looking elsewhere before immediately took a surprise glance on the lady, he was already regretting he waited to hear from her, he controlled his anger and started moving towards home, while the lady followed and talking as they were walking slowly.
"Uncle, I have just few minutes to talk to you as I was told to" Dèyí took a look at her again, wondering who exactly sent her. She began;
"This world will end! It is certain. If you think it cant end as the Bible described it just because of your disbelief in the Book, I'm sure you're aware that your own world will end one day." Her confidence and demonstration was what Dèyí was enjoying, not what she was saying, and hoping to ask her out after the whole sermon. She continued;
"Now I ask, what if heaven and hell are real as told, which of course they are? Dont you think you'll have something to lose?" The rhetorical question caught Dèyí unaware.
"If you live a good life and obey the Word now, and later find out in the end that heaven and hell are not real, you know wont lose anything tangible, but in the other way you may end up in hell and lose the paradise." They kept moving;
"Thomas asked Jesus in the book of John 14:5: 'Lord, how can we know the way?' Jesus responded in the following verse: 'I am the way, the truth am the life. NO ONE gets to the Father except through me'. My brother, the life we are in is very temporal we ought to qualify for somewhere after death while there is another forbidden place known as hell, now tell me, for what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?" She paused with another rhetorical question;
"Dont see it like I'm wasting your time, I assure you it is not a waste. You cant afford to lose your soul, you are a unique being and very special to God" Dèyí who has not uttered a word since she began, thought to himself, 'I'm unique and special to God? Upon all that I've done? That's not possible', he continued to listen;
"Never ever think you are dot forgivable, no matter what your sin is, God is ever merciful and always ready and glad to have you back, in fact, heaven will rejoice over you" Dèyí wondered how she was talking along with what he was thinking;
"It is left to you" Dèyí looked at her again, still no word uttered but the expression on his face was asking in volume, HOW?
"It is simple, just be willing and be ready to give your life to Christ, accept Him as your Lord and Saviour, not until you are close to death, next minute may be too late. Hear this sir, a man can die any time, death does not inform." Dèyí immediately remembered how his father died.
"Try Jesus today, if it does not work for you, you can then quit, brother." She paused after realizing they had walked a bit far from the junction, Dèyí was some feet to their gate;
"Uncle, I'll have to go back here, I wish I could see you again, can you please give me your telephone number?" Dèyí looked at the brave lady and pointed to the gate;
"See that gate, that's where I live. I'll like to hear more about Jesus later" He said.
"Oh! Really? You stay in that compound? Wow! I know someone there, his name is Paul, he is my friend's fiance, in fact he should be at home by now" the lady said.
"...there are some unknown others, they are more powerful than any terrestrial power, you can just afford to attack them..." Dèyí flashed back to his father's words before he spoke up; "wow! Paul? We stay together, let's go in then."
They got in and met Paul and Rose on the sofa chatting;
"Sister Lizzy..." Rose got up to greet the lady.
"Elizabeth, how come you came in with my friend? Did you guys know each other somewhere?" Paul asked.
"Yes of course. We knew each other from the bus stop over there not too long" she responded smiling; "and I was trying to introduce Jesus to him as we trekked down here, then he pointed to this house as where he lives, I told him I have friends here that's how we got here" she grinned.
"Hahahahaha... A time well wasted" Paul laughed obviously loud. "You were preaching to whom please? hahahahaha" he laughed again. Lizzy cut in;
"You dont have to laugh Paul, he already agreed to give his life to Christ, is that not so?" Lizzy asked Dèyí convincingly.
"I am ready" Dèyí responded in a broken voice, looking directly at the floor.
"DY! You are what?" Paul asked surprisingly.
"I Am Ready!" Dèyí answered with more emphases. Everyone excluding Lizzy was surprised. Dèyí looked up as tears filled up his eyeballs. They went emotional.

* Life is so funny...
* But we cannot understand...
* We live today, tomorrow we die, what is the meaning of life?...
* This may be your last chance, accept Jesus today...
* Tomorrow may be too late for you, what is the meaning of life?...
* Adam and Eve have gone...
* Now they have nothing to do...
* Tomorrow may be your turn to go, that is the meaning of life...
* I'm back o...
* I'm back to you oh Lord, You have been calling me to come back, and I'm back to You finally...

Paul and Rose were moved by Dèyí's tears;
"Maybe we should drive to church now, my pastor will be around" Rose suggested. Paul immediately dashed in to change his shirt, they sped to church. They explained the kind of life Dèyí was living before deciding to give his life to Christ miraculously. Without wasting time, the pastor picked up his Bible and led them into the church;
"Go on your kneels" he instructed Dèyí which he did diligently, he prayed for him for about seven minutes;
"I was shown that there are a lot of spirits fighting back to gain your soul, this young man has gone really deep into the world, we will need to enter deliverance session with him until he is saved. Are you all ready?" The pastor asked;
"Yes sir!" They chorused while Rose's voice was the loudest;
"You all should switch your phones off to avoid distraction." The pastor ordered. He went closer to Dèyí, held his head very firm and spoke;
"Now that the owner of the soul is ready to give his life to whom he wants, you strange spirits dont have any permission. His salvation is not bargainable. Everyone hear me, this prayer session is going to be PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens)." The prayer session began.

Dèyí was kneeling down, holding the pastor's legs as they were raining prayers on him. Paul and Rose were vibrating in tongues, the pastor was already in the spirit realm, one hour gone, one of the church prayer warriors came to visit the pastor, he quickly joined them, another 45 minutes gone, nothing was happening yet, they were getting weak except for the pastor and the prayer warrior among them who were still blasting vigorously;
"Holy ghost!" The pastor screamed while Dèyí went numb and unconscious on the floor.

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Continues

FIFTEEN

"Dont near him" the pastor stopped Lizzy as she wanted to touch Dèyí, they continued to pray, after another 15 minutes, Dèyí began to vomit some strange and fetish things like palm kernel tied with red cloth, and all sorts, he sat up on the floor crying endlessly, they surrounded him still praying, pastor pulled him up;
"Say after me," he told Dèyí. His voice made others to stop praying and concentrated on what was going to happen next;
"I, you mention your name" the pastor said.
"I, Dèyí, the son of Òrìṣátọ́lá...
"Declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour...
"And I accept him into my heart today...
"To dominate and take charge of my life...
"I believe he died for me on the cross...
"Thank you Jesus for saving me" Dèyí declared accordingly, then the pastor prayed for him and others. The prayer warrior brother had already packed and burnt everything Dèyí vomited, the time was some minutes past 9pm.
* A ti da mi lare... (I've been justified)
* A ti segun fun mi... (I've conquered)
* Erin lo ku mi ku... (I can now rejoice/laugh)
* Mo ti te Satani pa... (I've matched Satan to death)

Rose, Lizzy and Paul continued to sing the song of victory purposely for Dèyí to learn it and sing with them, in no time he was already singing with them shyly. The pastor instructed them to go home with Dèyí and come back the following day.

Lizzy left for her house while Rose and Paul took Dèyí home;
"Congratulations, you're now a new creature, the old you has gone" Paul and Rose would tell Dèyí.
12 noon the following day, (Saturday), Lizzy was already with them, preparing to go and meet the pastor, they left home and got to church before 1pm;

"Oh! Brother..." The pastor was trying to remember Dèyí's name.
"...Dèyí sir" Rose cut in.
"Yea, brother Dèyí. Congratulations. I said you should come today for counselling and others. What is your full name please?" The pastor asked.
"Ogudeyi Òrìṣátọ́lá sir" Dèyí responded.
"Ogundeyi Òrìṣátọ́lá?... Have you seen me before somewhere?" The pastor asked.
"Errrm... You look familiar but the kind of life I was living before, I couldn't meet pastors. I dont think I've met you anywhere before."
"You look like someone I know as well but the person has dread." The pastor doubted
"Maybe he is the one, he recently cut his dread" Paul intervened.
"Really? Do you know Okódilé town?" The pastor asked.
"Yes yes. That's my hometown. Are you pastor Samuel?" Dèyí was trying to place his face.
"Hmmmmmm... Yes. This is pastor Samuel. The man of God you whipped with cane at Okódilé during your Egungun festival some years back."
Dèyí went flat on the floor, prostrating holding pastor Sam's legs;
"Please forgive me sir, I did not know it was bad, forgive me." Dèyí pleaded in tears.
"Of course, stand up stand up, I've forgiven you long time ago. Who am I not to forgive you, and I am sure God has forgiven you as well." Pastor Sam replied smiling.
"Wait wait wait. Which Dèyí is this please? Dèyí-Àjànà?" Lizzy asked realizing whom Dèyí was.
"Y..e..s... I thought from the very first day that I have seen this face before." Dèyí said trying to remember where. Lizzy burst out crying;
"You are a wicked person. Why wont you know me, I am Kolawole Elizabeth Olayinka, the daughter of an army man your mysteriously impregnated back then which led to my relocation to the city" she wept more.
"Are you serious? The guy you told me about then that he was the champion of your town? Ah! You have really done a lot of evils uncle Dèyí, in fact, you're supposed to be thrown into lions' den" Rose uttered angrily.

Dèyí was busy swimming in the pool of his tears.
"Sister Yinka. Check the book of Matthew 6:12, it says '...and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us...', the verses 14 and 15 of the same chapter say further; 'for if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if ye not forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses'. So, Yinka, you have to forgive and forget so that the God Almighty can forgive you." Pastor Sam.
"Wow! God is unpredictable! So, the people you seemed to have hurt are the ones God still used for your rescue. Pastor, you wont believe that it was Lizzy that met Dèyí at the bus stop and preached to him. If anyone told me that Dèyí in years to come would give his life to Christ, I would argue. Wow!" Paul expressed while pastor Sam smiled.
"Tell me whom God cant arrest when He is ready to. Have you forgotten about Saul in the Bible? This is not an ordinary repentance, it is an arrest, in fact, THE IRRESISTIBLE ARREST. He encountered Jesus in form of Olayinka, she was just the body containing the Son of Man to speak to him." The pastor explained.
"Oh oh oh oh... Maybe that's the meaning of the dream he had the morning before he met Lizzy in the evening" Paul narrated the dream to them;
"God is really Aseyiowu (the One who does what He likes). He actually showed him he was going to be arrested even before the arrest, but he was too blind to notice it." Pastor Sam explained.
"I thank God for his life anyway, he is now in Christ, nothing is impossible." Rose.
Dèyí rose and knelt before Olayinka, held her two hands weeping;
"Olayinka, I want you to find a space in your heart and forgive me. As the pastor said earlier, know that it is the old me that offended you, there is now a new me, take your mind off the past as the old things have passed out" he missed the statement, Rose smiled and corrected;
"Old things have passed away" Rose corrected while Dèyí continued.
"You're the path that led to my salvation. I curse the day I hurt you by defiling you out of your will" Dèyí wept. "Did you deliver the pregnancy as a baby?" He asked amidst tears, while Olayinka too couldn't stop her tears.
"No. I didn't. My father pressurized me to get rid of it and it was after that, that I gave my life to Christ through my friend, Roseline who was my companion then when I first got to the city" Olayinka narrated.
"Oh! Painful! I'm very sorry I caused you pains. Those ladies I was calling my wives back then have gone their ways now, I lost my father as well." Dèyí felt sober.
"What! Àjànà could die? Unbelievable!" Olayinka was surprised.
"Since I didn't marry any of those ladies lawfully, I didn't bother to find them, none of them gave me any child, in fact I am just getting to know now that it was a wasting of time. I used to think causing troubles everywhere was the best, I never knew that someone has to be selective in his/her ways in life because sometimes, being peaceful is far better than being right." Dèyí apologized regretfully.
"It's OK uncle Dèyí. Sorry for all that has happened to you too. I actually prayed that God should not let you rest until I forgive you, now, wholeheartedly, I have forgiven you" Olayinka.
"Thank you so much" Dèyí turned from Olayinka and faced everyone;
"I dont know how to appreciate, you all have had impact in my path to knowing Jesus. All I can say is Thank You All." Dèyí concluded and prostrated before pastor Sam, he prayed for him and all of them, they returned home.

Since the change in Dèyí's life, Olayinka has been his follow up, making sure she established him in Christ and see him winning souls too. She had been very nice to him, she made sure Dèyí would be present in every church service, they became five and six. Three months later, Dèyí found it difficult to do without Olayinka, he was already having romantic feelings for her;
"But wont she bind and cast me if I confess such to her?" He would ask himself, he kept the feelings to himself for another two months.
With the help of Paul and Dèyí's savings, he had moved to a self contained apartment of his own, Dèyí couldn't wait anymore, on this day, Olayinka was in Dèyí's apartment waiting for him to dress up for them to go to one church programme;
"...Olayinka I have this to say, I am sorry for diverting our conversation but I cant help it anymore. I have nothing to prolong here, please marry me." He came out brave. Olayinka looked up in amazement, looked at Dèyí, picked up her Bible and exited the apartment.

T.B.C

2 Likes

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by raquel97: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2017
Hawlahscho:
Hi everyone!
As usual, hat-off respect to all who find one or two reasons to read my stories, you guys rock!

Have you read More Than A Friend

What about Que Sera Sera

Religion Jingoism ?

If you haven't, try to.

Here we are again, I bring to you a new story in another dimension. I am sorry this time around, my targeted audience are the real Yorubas as I think they'll understand it better and be able to relate more. Meanwhile, every African should be able to enjoy it.

Let's get started. cool

THE IRRESISTIBLE ARREST

Clap for yourself

2 Likes

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Mrsoundoro(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Pls continue
Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2017
Wawu! Thanks to the moderator that moved this to the front page. Much love. cool

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Boooooooooni: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
Bravo bro!!! Excellently delivered. More updates?

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Boooooooooni:
Bravo bro!!! Excellently delivered. More updates?
Thanks chief grin This your moniker though, it's like password o cos once you forget the number of o's it responds INCORRECT grin
Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
Smash! This storyline is absolutely enchanting! It's like a chapter, a beautifully defined chapter, culled out of the most mysterious book. I swear, this is a very good read, believe me, I swear.

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by marvwhite: 12:52am On Sep 03, 2017
mehn !...
This story gad me spell bound
you are doing a good job RIde on sir

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:22am On Sep 04, 2017
Continues

SIXTEEN

Dèyí could not really fathom if what he did was right or wrong. He was still thinking of what to do next;

"Why did I even do it..." Dèyí began to question his supposed bravery.
"Why didn't I plan it well before talking?...
"Why didn't I even think of her parents first?...
"Do I think I wont have issues with her parents even if she had said yes? Especially her military man... Upon the known evils that I've done...
"Will the parents ever believe I've changed for real?...
"Meanwhile, I cant just afford to lose this well trained girl... See, I'll pursue this, she is my dream girl" He convinced himself.

The crowd could be compared to that of an imaginary inter-planet football match final, the multitude of humans was second to none compared to the previous revivals in the country, the church auditorium was the largest in the country, yet people were still outside due to lack of space inside.

It was the last day of the six-day powerful revival, the previous five days were full of signs and wonders, the blind regained their sight, the weak got their strength back, the deaf could hear while the dumb screamed in joy. The Almighty was indeed at work and here was the last day. Ifelodun city was over-crowded as people were in anxious state of expectancy for their salvation, delivery and the likes. The ninety-year old Pastor Victor Adeyemi was given the microphone, the gray-haired man finally spoke after smiling for like three minutes while watching the excited congregation screaming and jumping;

"Praise the Most High" He uttered gently as he usually spoke while the "hallelujah" that followed from the crowd was thunderous.
"Today is the last day of this story-changing revival and I assure you that God is ready to do today, more than He has been doing...
"It is time to invite the Bishop himself, the president and the founder of this commission NMEM New Man Evangelical Ministry. He is just like a son to me and I'm glad God has been using him unexplainably, I call on Bishop Olutola Jesudeyi" The whole crowd screamed on top of their voice as Bishop Olutola Jesudeyi formerly known as Orisatola Ogundeyi stepped out, he bowed as he took the microphone from pastor Victor Adeyemi, Paul's father.

"No matter how canally strong your heart is!..." Bishop Jesudeyi uttered out his slogan while the congregation responded as usual; "...easily, God can arrest you!"

"All the praise, honour, adoration is due our God. To Him alone be all the glory. Today again God will appear wonderfully as He always does, His presence is already here and that I firstly recognize.

"I'll therefore as usual recognize the presence my pretty wife, the mother of my three children, (Taiwo, Kehinde and Goodness), the path to my salvation, Pastor-Mrs Elizabeth Olayinka Kolawole-Olutola." The crowd wouldn't stop applauding her.

"In this auditorium we as well have my friends indeed, Pastor Paul Adeyemi and Pastor-Mrs Roseline Adeyemi...

"I recognize the presence of my parents as well, Brigadier General Kolawole and Chief-Mrs Kolawole. The Lord shall be with you all" Kolawole was just letting out the military kind of smile on his face.

"Lastly my father in the lord, he's already resting on the chest of the Lord, Pastor Samuel Udoh" Bishop Dèyí's eyeballs had traces of tears but was controlled by him.

"Brethren, have you ever condemned anyone? Have you ever judged? Did you ever think someone can never be born-again? It is high time you changed the thinking and start judging-not anybody. Always remember what the Bible says about judging.

"Few people here may know or might have heard about my story, but in case you haven't, listen now and learn from it..." Bishop Dèyí narrated the story of his life, more than half of the congregation were amazed someone like him could change, the story changed their mentality and made them realize that anyone can be arrested because the arrest is different from that of the world, it is The Irresistible Arrest.

THE END.

Read this audibly: I CAN BE ARRESTED.

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:25am On Sep 04, 2017
Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate. And I believe it wasn't a wasted time and energy.
I wont go without clarifying that this story is not referring to anyone in particular but everyone in general. If we see any Dèyí somewhere, or any Òrìṣátọ́lá anywhere, or any name coincidence, being it living or dead, I tell you now that it is absolutely A Miracle.

Lastly, Luke 6:37 KJV
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Watch out for my next story! - You Are Your Destiny.
Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by omobs(m): 4:38am On Sep 04, 2017
nice one bro, more blessing

2 Likes

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by premier100(m): 6:41am On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=Hawlahscho post=59941114][color=#000099]Continues

FIFTEEN

"Dont near him" the pastor stopped Lizzy as she wanted to touch Dèyí, they continued to pray, after another 15 minutes, Dèyí began to vomit some strange and fetish things like palm kernel tied with red cloth, and all sorts, he sat up on the floor crying endlessly, they surrounded him still praying, pastor pulled him up;
"Say after me," he told Dèyí. His voice made others to stop praying and concentrated on what was going to happen next;
"I, you mention your name" the pastor said.
"I, Dèyí, the son of Òrìṣátọ́lá...
"Declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour...
"And I accept him into my heart today...
"To dominate and take charge of my life...
"I believe he died for me on the cross...
"Thank you Jesus for saving me" Dèyí declared accordingly, then the pastor prayed for him and others. The prayer warrior brother had already packed and burnt everything Dèyí vomited, the time was some minutes past 9pm.
* A ti da mi lare... (I've been justified)
* A ti segun fun mi... (I've conquered)
* Erin lo ku mi ku... (I can now rejoice/laugh)
* Mo ti te Satani pa... (I've matched Satan to death)

Rose, Lizzy and Paul continued to sing the song of victory purposely for Dèyí to learn it and sing with them, in no time he was already singing with them shyly. The pastor instructed them to go home with Dèyí and come back the following day.

Lizzy left for her house while Rose and Paul took Dèyí home;
"Congratulations, you're now a new creature, the old you has gone" Paul and Rose would tell Dèyí.
12 noon the following day, (Saturday), Lizzy was already with them, preparing to go and meet the pastor, they left home and got to church before 1pm;

"Oh! Brother..." The pastor was trying to remember Dèyí's name.
"...Dèyí sir" Rose cut in.
"Yea, brother Dèyí. Congratulations. I said you should come today for counselling and others. What is your full name please?" The pastor asked.
"Ogudeyi Òrìṣátọ́lá sir" Dèyí responded.
"Ogundeyi Òrìṣátọ́lá?... Have you seen me before somewhere?" The pastor asked.
"Errrm... You look familiar but the kind of life I was living before, I couldn't meet pastors. I dont think I've met you anywhere before."
"You look like someone I know as well but the person has dread." The pastor doubted
"Maybe he is the one, he recently cut his dread" Paul intervened.
"Really? Do you know Okódilé town?" The pastor asked.
"Yes yes. That's my hometown. Are you pastor Samuel?" Dèyí was trying to place his face.
"Hmmmmmm... Yes. This is pastor Samuel. The man of God you whipped with cane at Okódilé during your Egungun festival some years back."
Dèyí went flat on the floor, prostrating holding pastor Sam's legs;
"Please forgive me sir, I did not know it was bad, forgive me." Dèyí pleaded in tears.
"Of course, stand up stand up, I've forgiven you long time ago. Who am I not to forgive you, and I am sure God has forgiven you as well." Pastor Sam replied smiling.
"Wait wait wait. Which Dèyí is this please? Dèyí-Àjànà?" Lizzy asked realizing whom Dèyí was.
"Y..e..s... I thought from the very first day that I have seen this face before." Dèyí said trying to remember where. Lizzy burst out crying;
"You are a wicked person. Why wont you know me, I am Kolawole Elizabeth Olayinka, the daughter of an army man your mysteriously impregnated back then which led to my relocation to the city" she wept more.
"Are you serious? The guy you told me about then that he was the champion of your town? Ah! You have really done a lot of evils uncle Dèyí, in fact, you're supposed to be thrown into lions' den" Rose uttered angrily.

Dèyí was busy swimming in the pool of his tears.
"Sister Yinka. Check the book of Matthew 6:12, it says '...and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us...', the verses 14 and 15 of the same chapter say further; 'for if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if ye not forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses'. So, Yinka, you have to forgive and forget so that the God Almighty can forgive you." Pastor Sam.
"Wow! God is unpredictable! So, the people you seemed to have hurt are the ones God still used for your rescue. Pastor, you wont believe that it was Lizzy that met Dèyí at the bus stop and preached to him. If anyone told me that Dèyí in years to come would give his life to Christ, I would argue. Wow!" Paul expressed while pastor Sam smiled.
"Tell me whom God cant arrest when He is ready to. Have you forgotten about Saul in the Bible? This is not an ordinary repentance, it is an arrest, in fact, THE IRRESISTIBLE ARREST. He encountered Jesus in form of Olayinka, she was just the body containing the Son of Man to speak to him." The pastor explained.
"Oh oh oh oh... Maybe that's the meaning of the dream he had the morning before he met Lizzy in the evening" Paul narrated the dream to them;
"God is really Aseyiowu (the One who does what He likes). He actually showed him he was going to be arrested even before the arrest, but he was too blind to notice it." Pastor Sam explained.
"I thank God for his life anyway, he is now in Christ, nothing is impossible." Rose.
Dèyí rose and knelt before Olayinka, held her two hands weeping;
"Olayinka, I want you to find a space in your heart and forgive me. As the pastor said earlier, know that it is the old me that offended you, there is now a new me, take your mind off the past as the old things have passed out" he missed the statement, Rose smiled and corrected;
"Old things have passed away" Rose corrected while Dèyí continued.
"You're the path that led to my salvation. I curse the day I hurt you by defiling you out of your will" Dèyí wept. "Did you deliver the pregnancy as a baby?" He asked amidst tears, while Olayinka too couldn't stop her tears.
"No. I didn't. My father pressurized me to get rid of it and it was after that, that I gave my life to Christ through my friend, Roseline who was my companion then when I first got to the city" Olayinka narrated.
"Oh! Painful! I'm very sorry I caused you pains. Those ladies I was calling my wives back then have gone their ways now, I lost my father as well." Dèyí felt sober.
"What! Àjànà could die? Unbelievable!" Olayinka was surprised.
"Since I didn't marry any of those ladies lawfully, I didn't bother to find them, none of them gave me any child, in fact I am just getting to know now that it was a wasting of time. I used to think causing troubles everywhere was the best, I never knew that someone has to be selective in his/her ways in life because sometimes, being peaceful is far better than being right." Dèyí apologized regretfully.
"It's OK uncle Dèyí. Sorry for all that has happened to you too. I actually prayed that God should not let you rest until I forgive you, now, wholeheartedly, I have forgiven you" Olayinka.
"Thank you so much" Dèyí turned from Olayinka and faced everyone;
"I dont know how to appreciate, you all have had impact in my path to knowing Jesus. All I can say is Thank You All." Dèyí concluded and prostrated before pastor Sam, he prayed for him and all of them, they returned home.

Since the change in Dèyí's life, Olayinka has been his follow up, making sure she established him in Christ and see him winning souls too. She had been very nice to him, she made sure Dèyí would be present in every church service, they became five and six. Three months later, Dèyí found it difficult to do without Olayinka, he was already having romantic feelings fovings, he had moved to a self contained apartment of his own, Dèyí couldn't wait anymore, on this day, Olayinka was in Dèyí's apartment waiting for him to dress up for them to go to one church programme;
"...Olayinka I have this to say, I am sorry for diverting our conversation but I cant help it anymore. I have nothing to prolong here, please marry me." He came out brave. Olayinka looked up in amazement, looked at Dèyí, picked uand exited the apartment.

this is cool bro
Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by premier100(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2017
wawu!! This is cool. In fact, your brain will not turn to powder. more kudos to your elbow, Bro.

1 Like

Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:19am On Sep 09, 2017
[
premier100:
wawu!!
This is cool. In fact, your brain will not turn to powder.
more kudos to your elbow, Bro.
Ase waa! Thanks dawg!
Re: The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2018
GeniusHawlah

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Next Voice You Hear... / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story) / Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.