Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar (23716 Views)

Bayero University Kano Post-UTME 2017/2018 Aptitude Test Announced / Top 15 Most Selected Courses By Students In JAMB UTME 2017 / UTME 2017: Thread For Science Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by 247frolic(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2017
Examination body, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board on Thursday states that the results of candidates identified in footages of Close Circuit Television (CCTV) to have indulged in unwholesome practices during the just-concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) won't be released.

Registar of JAMB, Ishaq Oloyede, who spoke on Channels Television Sunrise Daily said the agency had been busy in the past days reviewing recorded footages of the examination across the country, and that a number of candidates had been marked out for sanction.

Oloyede, was responding to a question by one of the anchors of the programme on why some candidates were yet to receive their results despite promises by JAMB to release outcomes within 24 hours.

The registrar said, “Those who have not received (their results) are qualified not to receive for now. In all cases where there were no problems, we released results of the examination within 24 hours.

“But those who have not (received their results), they may not be culpable but we are investigating. Where we have reason to doubt anything or where we have report of anything that is not acceptable to us, we have withheld the results.

“And we will keep on releasing them as we clear them. For instance, this morning, we released another 15,000 results. But among those who sat in that centre, we have reasons, concrete evidence to say about 300 of them, their results will not be released because we know they were not in the hall where the examination took place.

“We are comparing those who sat for the examination, how long they sat in the hall, and how some of them took excuses that they were going to the toilet only to go to what they called VIP…

“All this we are now able to track. And we want to say that we will not hesitate to sanction anybody no matter how highly placed.”

Mr. Oloyede said the CCTV cameras deployed at every Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the country helped JAMB to detect and arrest unwholesome practices.

He said some centre operators however tried to sabotage his agency’s plan to make the examination fraud-free, citing the example of a centre in Kubwa, Abuja, where operators blinded the cameras with sacks to frustrate remote detection of malpractices that happened there.

The JAMB registrar appealed to credible organisations and individuals to come forward to partner JAMB in the establishment of reputable CBT centres across the country.

“Crooks are now establishing CBT centres, and meeting our requirements only to misuse the opportunities,” he said.

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2017/05/utme-2017-why-results-of-some.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by ChikaMaLaKai(m): 3:13pm On May 25, 2017
Ok
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Xsem(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2017
Nice one sir, so far it will benefit our country

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 25, 2017
Nice 1 say no to copy copy grin

1 Like

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by tomaudu(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2017
Very strict man... Nigeria need people like him to succeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by agrovick(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2017
Nice
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by aleeyus(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2017
who cares ?

2 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by colbankz(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2017
ok
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 25, 2017
So many security men would have been employed by Jamb this year
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by WebSurfer(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2017
;D7

1 Like

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 25, 2017
F.uck u sire,f.uck the jam-board and f.uck the center I took the exam(s)
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by DexteryJoe(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2017
Na Naija we dey, no mata d method wey una use, space go still dey to cheat grin

5 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Edopesin: 3:58pm On May 25, 2017
wat kwancine me

meanwhile feeling my jamb score like olorun thank you

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Ekakamba: 3:59pm On May 25, 2017
Country wey investigation no dey finish. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by LilSmith55(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2017
Nice One

1 Like

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by GreatOlu1: 4:00pm On May 25, 2017
They should just make sure the results are good when they later release them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by free2ryhme: 4:01pm On May 25, 2017
release or no release we go still go school
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 25, 2017
Just release my sister's result.... Since last wk Wednesday... Una wan give her high bp ni?

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by NLProblemChild(m): 4:02pm On May 25, 2017
Nonsense!!
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by jobbers: 4:04pm On May 25, 2017
no
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Tenim47(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2017
WELLDOING SIR
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Tenim47(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2017
snoopy1:
Just release my sister's result.... Since last wk Wednesday... Una wan give her high bp ni?
why your sister cheat in the exam hall

7 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Victorakats(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2017
Since this will restore sanity in the education sector, it is highly commendable.

Cheating has a devastating effect on our citizens... So let's cheat them out of admission and allow bright minds to pursue their career!

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by weyabcom: 4:06pm On May 25, 2017
snoopy1:
whats her name nd what center so i can help out for d release
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by gbengapeter(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2017
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by menacity(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2017
This is not funny,My Younger Sister wrote her exam in Classical school warri last week wednesday but till date .No result yet. whats the issue peeps pls

1 Like

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by LexngtonSteele: 4:09pm On May 25, 2017
Yeebos would top this list

CHINEKE!

1 Like

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by BestJerry(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2017
Was'nt involved in any exam malpractise yet my result was withheld, SMH for 9ja.
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by proffour: 4:10pm On May 25, 2017
brilliant students will get admission easily
Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by Alhkerimu(m): 4:16pm On May 25, 2017
There is cctv camera in all the centre that partake in this year examination with Some pecunis heavy security presence, you will be search from head to toes to make sure you did not indulge in any form of malpractice before you entre inside.

But i'm so much suprise hearing malpractice from jamb official and the same time, i find it difficult to undertand the kind of malpractice they were saying.
I wonder if talking to your seat mate during exam also a malpractice?

Someone should clear me here.

3 Likes

Re: UTME 2017: Why The Results Of Some Candidates Won't Be Released – Registrar by ChinonsoDike2: 4:17pm On May 25, 2017
As usual, blacks can't do anything right. You can't even conduct an exam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely / Landmark University Commissions 30,000 Capacity Automated Layer Pen / 12 Types Of Students You Meet In Night Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.