Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Become A Millionaire From Plantain Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Become A Millionaire From Plantain Farming (691 Views)

Poco Lee Converts Mother From Plantain Seller To Wine Shop Owner / Get Millions From Plantain Farming Business In Nigeria - See Guide / How To Make Millions From Plantain Farming Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Become A Millionaire From Plantain Farming by magikalz(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2017
If there is any sector with a healthy potential to grow the Nigerian economy, it is Agriculture. If only we had the right structures in place, agriculture is a ripe sector and a millionaire maker waiting to be exploited. Funny enough, most young people seem either oblivious of this or simply don’t care. You could become a multi-millionaire from farming certain crops like plantain, pineapple, yams, banana, e.t.c This is without involving the so-called cash crops.

These days, it seems it’s the old fellows in the rural areas that bother with agriculture. Why then won’t food items be ridiculously expensive. It’s no longer news that we import even food resources we could locally produce here yet people must eat. A disgrace we have failed as a nation to curb.

I was discussing with a very good friend some time ago and he casually mentioned he was thinking of planting plantains on his father’s piece of land. It sounded funny at first as I imagined the perceived stress and I felt like laughing it off. He called my attention to the price of a bunch of plantain in the market. A bunch goes for N1,500 to N2,000 or even more depending on the area.

He now asked me to calculate that by 400 trees, you don’t need to water it nor weed it…just plant and go. In 6-7 months, you are sure of your cool cash as the plant doesn’t need much supervision. Some trees even bear two bunches at a go.

This friend further confided in me that he helped a friend outside the country acquire 2000 stems of plantain for planting at 300 for one stem, that’s an investment of N600,000 and in 6-7 months, returns on investment is more than N2,000,000.

Cool money without much stress, there’s a ready market to buy it off and you can easily sell them off at N1,000 for one. Cost of cultivation is at a very low rate…this really got me thinking.

The only challenge I see here might be having a free land to try out this easy money maker. To make it simple, here’s all you need to do:

Access to land, if you already have, that’s great but if you don’t, you could buy or lease or rent the space
Buy plantain stems of a known productive specie
Hire laborers to do the planting
Monitor growth periodically throughout its life cycle
Explore a market for your produce and fix your pricing accordingly( shouldn’t be lower than N1,000 per bunch)
Hire laborers for harvesting and distribution for sales
Repeat the process.
As far as I know, this is the process involved to make this possible in its basic terms. An agro-business that many folks that have lands can’t even think of. Agriculture is money if you know what you’re doing. Waiting for the government is a lost cause and it’s up to you and I to find alternatives that can work better.

Given time, you could become a plantain multi-millionaire. Who thinks it can be done? I certainly know so. If you have a piece of land, this a passive income stream waiting for you to exploit it.

If you like this post, simply visit www.nairainvestments.com to read more. Also remember to share, somebody close to you might need the ideas.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

CAT Buldozer D6H For Sale / Should Konga, Jumia Stop Pay On Delivery? / How To Venture Into A Legitimate And A Lucrative Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.