Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,894 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:11 AM

My Path....my Joy....my Goal. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Path....my Joy....my Goal. (1669 Views)

The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / My Goal Is To Write 100 Stories In The Next 5 Years / My Vagina My Pride, My Joy. The Story Of My Vagina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 6:58pm On May 25, 2017
please, this is my first work on NL. Am a novice, take it easy on me, point out mistake and i correct. Seat back and have fun,
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2017
mr Jehovah over do is back in town from Abuja, being one of the richest man in ossissa made the news of his arrival spread like wild fire, It was rumured that he was going to spend christmas this year in his village. But that wasnt what drew my attention about his coming. We were having our normal drills and other training when our coach brought out a form, show it to us, he called on me to give the form to the players so they could have a better view of the form. As the form moved from one hand to the other, he began"as you can see that is the form for the Jehovah over do tournament to begin two weeks from now. Our brother is trying to give back to the community he came from, by setting this tournament for we his brothers..first prize money is 300 thousand naira, second takes 200,third goes with 100 thousand and a brand new jersey each. Any question before i continue?" James stood up, james was our captain, a backman to the core he can defend for Africa"coach how about 4th position any thing for them? "no" that was the coach's reply "any more question? He didnt wait for any as he continued "the timetable is here with me, i will read out the matches to you "

1 Like

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Toyin223(f): 10:38pm On May 25, 2017
Nice One
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2017
"the tournament consist of 8 clubs namely, Apola fc, fc paz,eleke utd,dike fc,the strong,andy boyz,kpask fc,and fbi" on hearing fbi and eleke fc i knew the money was for them, no need trying, so i thougt, then coach said another strange thing that nearly burst my heart "we will be welcoming fbi here" now that was the last thing i never want to here, "chai we don die" that was emeka's voice. Ther was murmuring in the gathering, the coach had to calm us down, "wait you all are trying to say we cant demolish fbi or what? " looking into our eyes as if there was an answer to his question in it. He resumed"fbi cant do more than dead rats, we are way above them, just bliv in ur selves bliv in the team and blive in God to see us through" now that did some magic on the players "besides we have got 1st and 2nd legs to play in these match, so we cant afford to lose focus. Now to the timetable again. Dike fc - fbi. Akpola - the strong, fc paz -- andy boyz . Eleke fc --cycle fc two legged match, winners procced to the semi final" that was my coach for you,the best that is what he is.can sweetalk you into any thing,but he is a real moral burster.

1 Like

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 11:27pm On May 25, 2017
Toyin223:
Nice One
thanks
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 12:26am On May 26, 2017
we left the pitch and were on our way home when i heard my name "daniel.....daniel wait for me nau"it was Emeka , he shouted as he ran towards me with his boot in his armpit, emeka plays in the midfield, but at times coach plays him in the flanks, as he was good with his two feets and can run. On getting to were i was standing he began"oboy this tournament go hot oh " i smiled and he continued"you they laugh abi, you no know those FBI big big defender?" he asked. Well he was right because as a stricker i certinly will meet those defenders,but i just want to bliv the coach and stay focused, i looked at him as we walked home and smiled again,was about telling him somtin when i felt someone push me a bit to pass through from behind, who else other than henry "henry wetin happen you wan wound me??" i ask him. He just kept walking in front of us without saying a word then emeka chipped in"fbi don dey make some people kolo oh" we both laughed out loud. Henry and i were almost like rivals like messi and ronaldo, i was the first choice striker,, henry was second and dislikes playing assistant striker at both match and training, the coach liked me because of my hight advantage, i was taller than henry. Emeka began"i pray make coach use fourfourtwo so that henry go play 8" he said this to henry's hearing.

1 Like

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Toyin223(f): 6:58am On May 26, 2017
WELLDONE
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 1:57pm On May 26, 2017
cant see my last update...were in enter?
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 6:47pm On May 26, 2017
oga seun wia you dey.....i no see my last update oh....seun seun seun....come help me find am
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 1:22am On May 31, 2017
sorry for the little delay.....updates loading........
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 4:58pm On May 31, 2017
to my suprise henry didn't react to that comment, it seems like he was really afraid of fbi. Well i have my own headaches to cure as it seems like we have lost the match right before playing it. Emeka and i got home,had our bath,i was the first to come out of my room, i sat down on the varranda going through three of my tickets(bet9ja) "mtcheeeeew see this useless club, common people way dey bottom table una no fit win" i threw one of it away, just then emaka ermerged from his room"oboy you and who dey quarell nau?" he asked, but on seeing the squeezed ticket on the ground and the two i was holding including my phone, he burst into a very loud laughter, that got me looking at him for the first time"guy why you de laugh that kind yeye laugh?" i asked him feeling a little bitter cos i knew the reason behind his laughter "oboy ur ticket don cut. So na him make you the talk like say you and person dey beef" he said inbtw his annoying laughter "ehen na him make you dey laugh like person way dem de chuck hand for yans h? Mumu no worri i pray make dis remaing two enter, if i give you shishi no call me my name again ewu" i said pointin my my index finger to the sky "see your big head, person no fit play with ......" just then my phone rang i looked to kwow the caller, it was coach so i picked it " hello coach, gudevening sir.....fine sir.....okay sir.....i will tell him sir...ok buy sir" i hung up
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2017
"oboy wetin coach talk?" He ask. "Coach say make ur leg no reach that field again" i lied "but why na? Wetin i do?" "you dey ask me? Call coach na, abi you no get him number?" i said trying to sound serius "yes you are right, i go call am ask am why" bringing out his phone "idiot na lie oh, mumu see as you wan cry...abi in get who beat you?" as i made the last statement, i stood up an ran away " idiot see your leg, na me you wan carry joke?" he shouted towards my direction"we go see who go de give you those killer pass" on hearing dat i stop running, looked back at him. He was right, so so right, i knew as a striker, i will always need my medfielders "oya in don do" i said walking back"dont wori, you go chop from my ticket you hear?" i added "ticket way enter abi di wan way cut?" "see this one" i said showig him one of the ticket"remaining just one game tommorow make in enter 50k....abi you wan try?" i asked almost shouting as we huged each other "guy we go buy new boot oh, nike brand chai oboy you don hammar small.....but guy wetin coach tell you?" "him say make we come training early tommorow " i answered smiling and looking away. Just then i felt a hard slap at the back of my head"idiot, so you bin wan give me heart attack?" to be continued...

1 Like

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
That night i was in my room busy booking some games that will be played the next day, i was excited because i was one stone throw away from being 50 thousand naira rich. I was more than sure, infact hypersure because the last game was between Barcelona and Espanyol, no sane human being was going to stake against Barcelona.
In that spirit of optimism was i, when my phone rang, looking at the caller's id my heart lept with joy..."hello babe watsup?" i spoke into the device immidietly after i answered the call "so u no fit call person again abi?" this girl can make my heart dance to her tune. She was right i hav'nt called her in a while now "ehn? Which one you quite? You no fit talk again?" "babe no vex na" trying to sound as supplicatic as i could "wetin come make you no the call me again? Even to stroll come we side na wahala. Wetin i do you na?" "babe to God. You no do me notin i swear with my mama soup. You know say na you be my all in all na? " "so you wan tell me say you never bleep any babe for the past two weeks way me and you see last" she asked in a strong tune. But seriously speaken within that two weeks i have already bleeped three girls. 1 in Emeka's room the other two was in my room "you don deaf abi?" "no baba, why i go bleep another chickala? Way be say i get you already? I just busy with training das all " i lied "training?" "yes na training. Abi you no hear say Overdo don show?" trying to change the topic"yes oh i hear say the man de around oh" "da wan na just the begining, the man don set tournament for we community self" "ehen! How much him set for una?" she asked i could tell that she has relegated the initial problem some were she alone can conjure any time she likes, "oshi! Make money no kill you oh... Any way na 600k him set oh. 300k for first. 200k for second and Hunri for third dem" "him try well well" she said from the other side "okay babe i wan make am up to you wen we take see na?" there was silence "babe you de sleep?" "no" was the answer "wich one you kip me quite na?...oya tell me which day we go... You know?"

Meneski will be back

1 Like

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2017
03:30
THEBLESSEDMAN SANGO SECONDARY SCHOOL FOOTBALL PITCH, HOMEGROUND FOR DIKE FC.

we came to training early that day. Seems like coach called every player. I mean every player.

We were almost up to 30 players in our team namely.

AZUKA--GOALKEEPER
AZUBUIKE--2ND GOALKEEPER
JAMES--CENTRAL DEFENDER-CAPTAIN
EJIKE--CENTRAL DEFENDER
OLAGARRI--CENTRAL DEFENDER
ONYEBU--LEFTFULL BACK
CHINEDU--RIGHT FULL BACK
JOSHUA--DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD
OCHUKO--DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD
NWANA--MIDFIELD
EMMANUEL--MIDFIELD
SUNDAY--MIDFIELD
EMEKA--MIDFIELD
DANIEL--STRIKER
HENRY--STRIKER
JIMMY--STRIKER
SUPER--FORWARD RIGHT
OKE--FORWARD RIGHT
GHENERO--FORWARD LEFT
VOPUA--FORWARD LEFT
KELVIN--FORWARD RIGHT
GIDEON--LEFT FULL BACK
YELTONG--RIGHT FULL BACK
JINDU--DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD
KELECHI--FORWARD LEFT
MENEWE--STRIKER
LINUS--MIDFIELD
NDIDI--MIDFIELD.

Now that was all the players that play for Dike fc. I can't help but to be happy, because its been long since we had a full squad like these.

Emeka,Azuka and i were seating on the pitch, getting ready for the days training

"oboy today training go carry anointing oh " said Azuka "nobi small oh, see as every were full with players, even Jimmy come self" Emeka pointed.

Yes Jimmy. The memories was still fresh, very fresh in my mind.
It was jus like yesterday, a match that saw Eleke united beat us 3 goals to 1 thanks to a wonderful late solo effort by Emeka that got us a goal. It would have been three goals to nill...i had an injury then and henry traveled when the friendly match was fix. The coach was left with no option than to use Jimmy which turned out to be a drastic mistake, missing five one on one, can you beat that?

"guy!" Emeke was tapping me. Bringing me out from my "Jimmynistic" thinking"Henry don buy new boot oh" he said pointing at Henry at the far end of the pitch. "omor na true oh. Ehen if him buy new boot make i die?" i asked Emeka, by now we were through wearing our training gears.

Azuka stood up,murmured some words to himself and then said "captain don set oh"
"abi?" came the chorused reply from me and Emeka.

Phreww! Phreww!! Came the captain's whitsle

we stood up because we knew what that meant. Then Emeka held my hand drew me back, looked into my eyes, i was suprise by the seriousness his face was aberrating. "no die because of henry new boot. Because as Barca de win today match, naso we go wear our new tomtom boot come training tommorrow. Understand?" he shouted the last question and ran to were the others were gathering.

"idiot" was all i could say.

1 Like

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2017
Nawa oh, income be like say na only me de here... Comon weldon una no fit yan.
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Divepen1 pls help me get better...

I just dnt know why i abandon dis piece.

#amature on the loose
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Frankenstein: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
meneski:
Divepen1 pls help me get better...

I just dnt know why i abandon dis piece.

#amature on the loose
Meneski, I admire your passion for writing. Against all odds, you keep trying, and that is the first and basic attribute of a good writer.

I think you should get down to the next stage by studying the ABC of prose.

Read, read and read. Read the big writers on Nairaland and follow their pattern - not style (This should be unique to you)
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frankenstein:
Meneski, I admire your passion for writing. Against all odds, you keep trying, and that is the first and basic attribute of a good writer.

I think you should get down to the next stage by studying the ABC of prose.

Read, read and read. Read the big writers on Nairaland and follow their pattern - not style (This should be unique to you)
... At last u caught me... When u gave me the prompt, i kept on praying u dnt c dis story. But one day i'd be back for it on a full scale. Any way thanks man. How is the battle going?
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Frankenstein: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
meneski:
... At last u caught me... When u gave me the prompt, i kept on praying u dnt c dis story. But one day i'd be back for it on a full scale. Any way thanks man. How is the battle going?
The battle is as intense as it could be! Sad to see you get dropped.

You should know that your plot was very interesting but I think it was your spelling and punctuation that let you down. Try to write with spellcheck activated on your device.

Yes, I still remember the 'prompt with a promise '. I will carefully go through this story and offer hard knocks! grin
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frankenstein:
The battle is as intense as it could be! Sad to see you get dropped.

You should know that your plot was very interesting but I think it was your spelling and punctuation that let you down. Try to write with spellcheck activated on your device.

Yes, I still remember the 'prompt with a promise '. I will carefully go through this story and offer hard knocks! grin
.. Oboy!
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Frankenstein: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
You started off with a bang- a man comes to town and sets off series of actions. You hit it right with your MC by placing the first antagonist at the start: Henry, and his cheating and gambling habit. Flaws make interesting, relatable and believable characters.

I like the cliffhanger at the end of the sixth post. You did very well with the suspense! Try to tell us how that turned out in your next post.

Dialogue is the spice of every story. You didn't bore us with endless narration, you let your characters talk although you need to tone down the information dump. Most people would skip the list you made about the team players and their respective wings.

I will be back...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frankenstein:
You started off with a bang- a man comes to town and sets off series of actions. You hit it right with your MC by placing the first antagonist at the start: Henry, and his cheating and gambling habit. Flaws make interesting, relatable and believable characters.

I like the cliffhanger at the end of the sixth post. You did very well with the suspense! Try to tell us how that turned out in your next post.

Dialogue is the spice of every story. You didn't bore us with endless narration, you let your characters talk although you need to tone down the information dump. Most people would skip the list you made about the team players and their respective wings.

I will be back...

... Oboy you wan make me come back to this story oh. I swear these words mean the world to me. The other story i told you abt,the fantasy am still working on it. Pls whats the difference btw a fantasy n mythology?

Souloho19 n stephengee12 make una come see abandone project oh.
Abeg make only una waka come.

Time to resume never reach.
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Frankenstein: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
meneski:
... Oboy you wan make me come back to this story oh. I swear these words mean the world to me. The other story i told you abt,the fantasy am still working on it. Pls whats the difference btw a fantasy n mythology?

Souloho19 n stephengee12 make una come see abandone project oh.hi

Some fantasies derive their plots and settings from mythology. I don't think mythology is an actual genre of literature.
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frankenstein:
Some fantasies derive their plots and settings from mythology. I don't think mythology is an actual genre of literature.
Thanks bro.
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Frankenstein: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
meneski:

Souloho19 n stephengee12 make una come see abandone project oh.

When are you going to start posting the fantasy? It doesn't have to be a full story before you begin.
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by meneski(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
Frankenstein:
When are you going to start posting the fantasy? It doesn't have to be a full story before you begin.
.. You are right, but it does not have a title yet. I would like to use this story on this thread to get more iQ ...although am a brick layer... I hardly have time... But wit u by my side i fear no one.
Re: My Path....my Joy....my Goal. by Frankenstein: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
meneski:
.. You are right, but it does not have a title yet. I would like to use this story on this thread to get more iQ ...although am a brick layer... I hardly have time... But wit u by my side i fear no one.
See, something I've learnt about writing: you learn on the job.

If you are referring to grammar, vocabulary how to present your work, that should come as you keep writing and learning from criticisms.

You can take a shortcut by taking a writing course or reading materials on writing.

(1) (Reply)

DAZED And Other Stories / A Free Ebook Site! Asiaing! / Launching Book Tips And Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.