Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider (30507 Views)

Soldiers Beat A Keke Rider In Enugu (Video) / I Was Assaulted By Policemen For Refusing Them Sex – Brutalised FUTA Student / Lady Sexually Assaulted By Uber Driver After She Fell Asleep Inside Car (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by PrettyCrystal: 8:23pm On May 25, 2017
A Gospel artiste Sunny Blu Opukiri has revealed how he was maltreated by policemen who labelled him an armed robber because he spoke against them for allegedly brutalising a Keke rider in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state. Read what he shared below;

So I was a victim yet again, a victim of what the society has turned into, a society where people are scared of standing for the truth. To make the story short, it happened yesterday 22/5/17 some minutes to 11am while I was doing my routine business with access bank PLC at Amarata yenagoa ...

While waiting for my supply vehicle, I saw a tricycle rider park neatly just after the bank, trying to negotiate with his passenger and give him change, we saw a police van appear, officers came out and entered the tricycle giving the charge that the rider blocked the road leading to the entrance of someone's compound.

lol, it was funny at first because we( I and some other observers at the ATM machine) were wandering how the neatly parked tricycle was blocking the road and if the owner of the driveway told them to stop people from parking close to his driveway, where there was no sign saying no parking, we were just watching and after the tricycle guy refused to come to terms and settle them, the argument escalated and the tricycle rider refused to let them take his Keke away cause his papers were complete and he was parked properly the next thing we saw was a police man using his rifle to hit the rider severally and the rider kept on dodging the gun, at that point I went a bit closer and asked them to stop, telling them that we all saw what happened and the Keke rider didn't do anything to deserve being beat up with a gun...

Immediately I tried to speak out while the gazing crowd was murmuring, the officer that was using his gun wrongly now faced me, held me by my pants and rough-handled me real good dragging me to the van saying he would teach me a lesson for supporting the innocent man, I tried to stand my ground, at that point the murmuring crowd started shouting and refused them taking me in their van, one or two people that identified me as SunnyBLU the gospel artiste came to my rescue and took me out of the hands of the officers and tried to take me to the corner of the bank and the ragging officer followed them, rough-handling me and giving me a hilarious charge of conniving with the rider to rob access bank..

lol hahahahahaha very funny charge, you can imagine how quick it was for him to accuse and convict me at the spot, of robbing a bank when all I was with was a receipt booklet and my keys ... To round up the story, the mob didn't let them take me and they waited for the crowd to clear up so they could carry me away yet again but I entered my delivery truck and escaped the scene taking a shot of the police van with my phone camera while escaping...

However, they took the Keke and the rider away with them, no one knows what has become his story now. So I ask,

When will doing the right thing be easy in our society?

who will risk the troubles to speak out and be the scape goat?

Why should we keep living in fear? When will the police be our friends for real?

To protect life and property and not to scare our lives with their guns and extort us ?

If a bullet accidentally released and someone died, the story would have been he didn't mind his business. But am glad I spoke out, but my voice alone can't be loud enough, join your voices with mine let's make a firm statement till the right authorities do something,So Please share this and tag someone important

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-policemen-did-to-gospel.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by StRichard(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2017
Lawless country

13 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by PrettyCrystal: 8:24pm On May 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by PrettyCrystal: 8:24pm On May 25, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 25, 2017
Police is our friends my foot!

11 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by decatalyst(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2017
What a lawless country typified by the men in black uniform!

undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Soklin(m): 8:44pm On May 25, 2017
Dat is y dey chose black dress,dey are so bad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 25, 2017
Police is your friend
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 25, 2017
It will soon get to that point where civilians would start killing this so called policemen, too much provocation.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Aadeyinka(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A Gospel artiste Sunny Blu Opukiri has revealed how he was maltreated by policemen who labelled him an armed robber because he spoke against them for allegedly brutalising a Keke rider in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state. Read what he shared below;

So I was a victim yet again, a victim of what the society has turned into, a society where people are scared of standing for the truth. To make the story short, it happened yesterday 22/5/17 some minutes to 11am while I was doing my routine business with access bank PLC at Amarata yenagoa ...

While waiting for my supply vehicle, I saw a tricycle rider park neatly just after the bank, trying to negotiate with his passenger and give him change, we saw a police van appear, officers came out and entered the tricycle giving the charge that the rider blocked the road leading to the entrance of someone's compound.

lol, it was funny at first because we( I and some other observers at the ATM machine) were wandering how the neatly parked tricycle was blocking the road and if the owner of the driveway told them to stop people from parking close to his driveway, where there was no sign saying no parking, we were just watching and after the tricycle guy refused to come to terms and settle them, the argument escalated and the tricycle rider refused to let them take his Keke away cause his papers were complete and he was parked properly the next thing we saw was a police man using his rifle to hit the rider severally and the rider kept on dodging the gun, at that point I went a bit closer and asked them to stop, telling them that we all saw what happened and the Keke rider didn't do anything to deserve being beat up with a gun...

Immediately I tried to speak out while the gazing crowd was murmuring, the officer that was using his gun wrongly now faced me, held me by my pants and rough-handled me real good dragging me to the van saying he would teach me a lesson for supporting the innocent man, I tried to stand my ground, at that point the murmuring crowd started shouting and refused them taking me in their van, one or two people that identified me as SunnyBLU the gospel artiste came to my rescue and took me out of the hands of the officers and tried to take me to the corner of the bank and the ragging officer followed them, rough-handling me and giving me a hilarious charge of conniving with the rider to rob access bank..

lol hahahahahaha very funny charge, you can imagine how quick it was for him to accuse and convict me at the spot, of robbing a bank when all I was with was a receipt booklet and my keys ... To round up the story, the mob didn't let them take me and they waited for the crowd to clear up so they could carry me away yet again but I entered my delivery truck and escaped the scene taking a shot of the police van with my phone camera while escaping...

However, they took the Keke and the rider away with them, no one knows what has become his story now. So I ask,

When will doing the right thing be easy in our society?

who will risk the troubles to speak out and be the scape goat?

Why should we keep living in fear? When will the police be our friends for real?

To protect life and property and not to scare our lives with their guns and extort us ?

If a bullet accidentally released and someone died, the story would have been he didn't mind his business. But am glad I spoke out, but my voice alone can't be loud enough, join your voices with mine let's make a firm statement till the right authorities do something,So Please share this and tag someone important

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/see-what-policemen-did-to-gospel.html
nija police , police, police, I reserved my comment

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Alisegun(m): 10:17pm On May 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Tazdroid(m): 10:17pm On May 25, 2017
Some Naija policemen.....brutal, beastly, barbaric boars in black

9 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by sbashir10(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2017
This is another reason ipob called Nigeria a zoo

9 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Tazdroid(m): 10:19pm On May 25, 2017
modelmike7:
Police is our friends my foot!

Police is our friends?!!!!

Laale yii??

Omo, e don late o!

4 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by ajokeade920: 10:19pm On May 25, 2017
Na today¿?? ¿
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by otunbabadok(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2017
The guy below me has something to say. Hope you're not thinking of joining the 120000?
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by soberdrunk(m): 10:22pm On May 25, 2017
angry
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 25, 2017
Any police wey try me, I go stone am.

4 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by ipobarecriminals: 10:22pm On May 25, 2017
sad BOO...........M. Watch them hurriedly off their uniform /turn it inside out and behave like typical werey

1 Like

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by lonelydora: 10:24pm On May 25, 2017
This is the reason I don't feel any atom of sympathy when something bad happens to a policeman.

2 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by verygudbadguy(m): 10:26pm On May 25, 2017
Men in black always quick to pick fight with an innocent and peace loving citizen since they know you can't retaliate their brutalization because of the uniform they wear.

Thank God some guys didn't allow them have their usual way by scaring people away with their gunshots.

They are big time disgrace to the entire nation, Nigeria and the paramilitary setting they belong to.

#SayNoToPoliceBrutality #BlackIsTheDevil

12 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by ikp120(m): 10:26pm On May 25, 2017
Aadeyinka:
nija police , police, police, I reserved my comment
You reserve your comment after quoting that long post? undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by itiswellandwell: 10:30pm On May 25, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Sebastine1994(m): 10:31pm On May 25, 2017
OK
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by silento(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2017
when are we parting

1 Like

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by elvision1(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2017
It has always been so, if they are not dropping bullets in your vehicles, they are harassing you on the street,

how can we so openly see the uselessness of these people and still let them roam about. They should be psychologically evaluated. Bunch of uniformed criminals who would be sent to arrest corrupt politicians. BAD MEETS EVIl. Eminem and royce da 5'9 got inspiration from them.

Hope for Nigeria?? Pffft!

1 Like

Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by bayinq25(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2017
Soklin:
Dat is y dey chose black dress,dey are so bad
black isn't bad it's what you grew up knowing
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by nwosuu99: 11:06pm On May 25, 2017
boost your account and see text below
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by Abbeycharles(m): 11:29pm On May 25, 2017
All these clownish Nigerian policemen sha
Re: Sunny Blu Opukiri, Gospel Artiste Assaulted By Police For Defending A Keke Rider by slurryeye2: 12:05am On May 26, 2017
decatalyst:
What a lawless country typified by the men in black uniform!

undecided

Ironically the pix you attached shows men in blue and black, and only one woman in all black cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obituary Of The Woman Beaten To Death By Husband In Nasarawa (Photos) / Man Breaks Into Cemetery In Lagos, Steals Iron Rods From Grave / Nigerian Jumps To Death In India While Evading Arrest In N1.12bn Drug Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.