Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Am I Truly Guilty? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Truly Guilty? (1171 Views)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? / I Know I Truly Need Help At This Point. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Truly Guilty? by GlobalGisting(m): 8:49pm On May 25, 2017
Dear Nairalanders, please I need your candid advice on what to do or how to handle this emotional crises. My Mom had an accident and fractured her thigh bone. We had also been treating her for sugar prior to the time she had the accident. One day my auntie (my mom's younger sister) bought ice cream for everyone because the heat was killing, she also got for my mom but I stopped her from taking it. She really wanted it cos of the heat but I struggled to stop her from taking it because of her sugar issues. She eventually died some weeks later due to pain induced BP. Since then the only regret and guilt on my mind has been that day I stopped her from taking the ice cream and it makes me really guilty. Please how do I handle this emotional trauma because it's eating me up, would it have been better if I allowed her take the ice cream afterall she still died eventually. Any psychologist/Docs in the house? Please professional advice please.

1 Like

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by eezeribe(m): 8:50pm On May 25, 2017
You did what you thought was in the best interest for your mum.
Any child who cares for his mum's health,would do the same based on her condition at that time.
Free your mind,you showed her love and did your best.
Remember the law of dynamic negatives... Anything that can go wrong,will,at the worst possible moment.
I am really sorry that you lost her... PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES.
May God give you the strength to carry on.

lalasticlala,Mynd44

11 Likes

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 25, 2017
My condolences. I'm sure your mom understood you were only looking out for her health. Don't blame yourself. My condolences once again.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 25, 2017
GlobalGisting:
Dear Nairalanders, please I need your candid advice on what to do or how to handle this emotional crises. My Mom had an accident and fractured her thigh bone. We had also been treating her for sugar prior to the time she had the accident. One day my auntie (my mom's younger sister) bought ice cream for everyone because the heat was killing, she also got for my mom but I stopped her from taking it. She really wanted it cos of the heat but I struggled to stop her from taking it because of her sugar issues. She eventually died some weeks later due to pain induced BP. Since then the only regret and guilt on my mind has been that day I stopped her from taking the ice cream and it makes me really guilty. Please how do I handle this emotional trauma because it's eating me up, would it have been better if I allowed her take the ice cream afterall she still died eventually. Any psychologist/Docs in the house? Please professional advice please.

Please accept my sympathy

How old are you?
Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by TheArchangel(f): 10:24pm On May 25, 2017
I Wish I Have Someone Like You Around As My Patient's Relatives. Imagine The Favourable Outcome,,
Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by Lewaluv(f): 12:03am On May 26, 2017
What you did may have given you extra time with her biko.
GlobalGisting:

1 Like

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by lomaxx: 12:43am On May 26, 2017
It was not your fault. You did your best
Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by wadetaw202: 2:22pm On May 26, 2017
GlobalGisting:
You were trying to help her, and you couldn't have known she would die few days later.
Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by makydebbie(f): 2:27pm On May 26, 2017
You're not guilty op. Maybe you extended her lifespan.
Accept my condolences tho.

Cc lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by kelechiodo(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2017
Op whenever someone we love dies, we always have guilty feeling one way or the other. Its normal so don't allow it weigh u down. If I tell u the story of my Dad's death and the guilty feeling it caused me, u just pity me. If u had allowed her eat the ice cream, by now u would have been contemplating suicide. You did the best for her.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by nana228(f): 11:00pm On May 26, 2017
Double post
Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by nana228(f): 11:01pm On May 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by tuscani: 12:44am On May 27, 2017
If not you, your mum would have died earlier, sugar and wound healing do not go together. She probably died of embolus and not that Bp rap
Re: Am I Truly Guilty? by southernbelle(f): 5:04am On May 27, 2017
kelechiodo:
Op whenever someone we love dies, we always have guilty feeling one way or the other. Its normal so don't allow it weigh u down. If I tell u the story of my Dad's death and the guilty feeling it caused me, u just pity me. If u had allowed her eat the ice cream, by now u would have been contemplating suicide. You did the best for her.
Very true.
Op, please let the guilt go. I'm sure time will heal you though.

(1) (Reply)

Strange!! My Wife Turned Into Snake Last Night!!! See Shocking Details And Pics / Man Caught Naked Inside Neighbour’s Flat With Wife / 2019: List What God Did For You This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.