Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

"Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister (25214 Views)

WASSCE: Osun Begs Former N-power Teachers To Resume / Obiano Directs Anambra Teachers To Resume On Monday / ‘pupils Drug Teachers To Cheat During Exams’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Alisegun(m): 8:50pm On May 25, 2017
The Education Minister, Adamu Adamu dropped the hint yesterday while inaugurating the Governing Councils of 21 Federal Colleges of Education in Abuja.

Teachers may soon earn higher salaries than other workers in the country. The Education Minister, Adamu Adamu dropped the hint yesterday while inaugurating the Governing Councils of 21 Federal Colleges of Education in Abuja.

He said the teaching profession had ceased to be an “all-comers affairs.” Represented by the Minister of State for Education, Prof. Anthony Gozie Anwukah, he said government had understudied the Malaysian educational system and decided to take a critical look at teaching and teacher education.

He, however, sounded a note of warning that teachers across all levels must register with the Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) before the end of this year or risk being sent out of the system.

The minister noted that Malaysia in the quest for greatness had reorganised its educational sector for effective development of human resources to take it to the present position.

He explained that their teachers were paid higher than other workers and that the Federal Government felt it was expedient to do the same in the country.

The minister also explained that Malaysians bought palm seedlings from Nigeria at the rate of N10 each, some years ago, adding that today, its economy is completely dependent on palm trees, palm fruits and palm oil.

He said: “What they did was to bring down the whole system and resuscitated the education sector. Their planning was geared towards the development of human resources. In Malaysia, a top percentage of those who scored the highest in their equivalent of our JAMB compete to be teachers.

“If you are a teacher in Malaysia, you are ranked higher than any other worker in the country. This is why you would find people with PhDs teaching in primary schools. We have made that recommendation and we are going to implement it in Nigeria,” he said.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/government-pledges-to-pay-teachers-higher-than-other-workers/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 25, 2017
Nice move. Great initiative. I like this. There is no need to re invent the wheels. Copy what works in other places and implement it to the last letter.
Nigeria shall be great!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:56pm On May 25, 2017
Lie Adamu, Lie Mohammed II

We couldn't copy US, it's now Malaysia

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by forreelinc(m): 8:58pm On May 25, 2017
grin hehe if i hear

2 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by adadike281(f): 9:04pm On May 25, 2017
and ' our men in black' too , so that they will face corruption and let 'bribe rest'.

14 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by tolugar: 9:08pm On May 25, 2017
With this news,

Soon they will start strike

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by tdbankplc: 9:29pm On May 25, 2017
Calming workers tension toward democracy day..... empty talk like always.

16 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Sam0(m): 11:11pm On May 25, 2017
the welfare of the teachers should be put into consideration.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by iluvdonjazzy: 11:19pm On May 25, 2017
great, they should also consider security men too, police, soldiers, airforce, navy, custom, immigration etc.

3 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by mykelmeezy: 5:02am On May 26, 2017
bullshit

believe any government but especially this government at your own stupidity

let actions do the talking.....

6 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Nobody: 5:13am On May 26, 2017
I hope so! cheesy

Dusting my transcript for my PGDE grin

4 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Nobody: 5:14am On May 26, 2017
I know such news will be "so so person stated this during the inauguration of this or that".

Only the foolish will take them serious.undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:23am On May 26, 2017
I need NCE form asap. so i will b earning more than the minister and the rogue senators now? Singing out loud, Akuko na Story o.

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by juman(m): 5:27am On May 26, 2017
Another useless noise making by apc government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by dumie(f): 6:05am On May 26, 2017
The credibility of this government is seriously shot..
Apc government will go down in the history of nigeria as the biggest Ponzi scheme to hit 9ja...

They keep lying, even when drowning in their web of lies smh

18 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Jabioro: 6:14am On May 26, 2017
Teachers are human mind builders yet they are lowest salary earner, why their counterparts earn more than what input /impacts they have on society.

3 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by JideAmuGiaka: 6:28am On May 26, 2017
Minister of Education Adamu Adamu
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by heykims(m): 6:37am On May 26, 2017
Really, even more salary than doctors, oil workers??
Mr Minister, kontinu undecided

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by jtjohn(m): 6:41am On May 26, 2017
Always on paper but no Implementation.

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Day169: 6:48am On May 26, 2017
Thank God!
Their heavenly reward will be part paid upfront. smiley
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Moreoffaith(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2017
I am so much in support of this..

They build any career

They engineer us

They made us

When last did any senator, doctor, remember his or her primary, and secondary school teacher

3 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by refiner(f): 7:14am On May 26, 2017
This is a great news...but i am sure that it will take decades for it to be implemented....they barely pay d little salaries for now and they are thinking of increasing it...smh
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:28am On May 26, 2017
adadike281:
and ' our men in black' too , so that they will face corruption and let 'bribe rest'.
my dear even if you pay them as much as senators, they'll still be as corrupt as the word corrupt

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by iokpebholo: 7:43am On May 26, 2017
BoleynDynaSTY:
my dear even if you pay them as much as senators, they'll still be as corrupt as the word corrupt
do u really think police are d most corrupt? Go and do a research on corruption and u will change ur opinion. Only dt police corruption is done openly
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:17am On May 26, 2017
iokpebholo:
do u really think police are d most corrupt? Go and do a research on corruption and u will change ur opinion. Only dt police corruption is done openly
What is worst than someone openly being corrupt?

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by IhateAfonjas(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2017
$1 will exchange for 2 naira : it never happened

1 litre of fuel to be sold for 5 naira : it never happened

The government would feed school children : it never happened

24hr power supply : it never happened

The government would be paying every Nigerian​ youth 100 thousand naira every month : it never happened

Believe these APC zombies at your own risk

6 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by fastgyal(f): 8:54am On May 26, 2017
This is very good.
I AM A TEACHER
I am a teacher not because I went to college
Not because I am taught how to teach
Not because I am paid salary
Not because I have to teach to live
Not because there are no 'better jobs'
Not because I'm compelled.
Not because I want to be called Sir/Ma.
I AM A TEACHER because it is my CALLING.

Sometimes I look at my certificate, my school, my pupils as I compare it with my salary, I laugh
When I look at what I teach, how i teach it, I thank God for taking me through college.

But when I sit down and look at the past, how the end has been for some teachers as compared to other professionals, I feel sorry for the profession.

But when I remember that it is the TEACHER that produces all other professionals, I feel blessed.

I am SATISFIED when I see my students becoming useful to the society.

I conclude that teaching is not just my job,
It's my CALLING.
It's my PURPOSE.
I feel proud being a Teacher.
I LIVE to TEACH!!!
"from a very young teacher"

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by veekid(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2017
Amen
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by rozayx5(m): 8:56am On May 26, 2017
noise as usual

undecided undecided
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by jashar(f): 8:56am On May 26, 2017
hmmm......

But that's how it was in the 80's though....
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Firefire(m): 8:56am On May 26, 2017
Another fantastic lie from the stable of the professional liars and career rogues.

APC and all her officials tell lies without the fear of Lucifer, the father of all liars. Satan is envious of APC skills.

2 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by wristbangle: 8:56am On May 26, 2017
In developed countries, Teachers earn higher than other occupation. I see no big deal. This will improve our education and I hope this step sees the light of d day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disabled South African Lady Graduates After Being Discouraged By Lecturer / UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / Covenant, UI, UNILAG, Edo University Ranked As Best In Nigeria By Times Higher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.