Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. (41273 Views)

The Truth: Both SW, SS And SE Are Being Marginalized / Do You Want Evidence Buhari Is Planning Ruga Settlement See Evidence- Reno Omokr / We Are Highly Marginalized In South West - Yoruba Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:23pm On May 26, 2017
raker300:
A smart party that didn't get any vote from a region would try hard to integrate that particular region...but not the apc, they rather stew in their own misconceptions

Edit:

The apc and the pdp have shown they have the same agenda. the same hate that has lingered since after the biafran war is still in place.

So I should use my money to build house for my enemy so i can make him like me when my friends have no house yet? Kole werk..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:30pm On May 26, 2017
raker300:
Apc and Amaechi are a shame..

Instead of contrstucting the rail lines to include these manufacturing hubs, they rather play politics of hate

Who them help? They should go and collect money for the rail from GEJ..
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:30pm On May 26, 2017
Masterclass32:
We should therefore take our destiny in our own hands.

This Is why the new economic plan initiated by our people is the right way to go.

Onye ajuru aju adighi aju onwe ya.

Chest beater association..
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:34pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:
What is funny is some Nigerians particularly yorubas think it's natural and okay for Lagos to have 2 seaports and largest functional international airport by design and for SE to have none. Some actually think Lagos has all these ports and airport by merit. When you try to to reason with them that why are Port Harcourt, Calabar, Warri, Onne and Onitsha ports not as functional as Lagos ports, they come up with all manners of excuses but you tell that that Dangote is using Calabar seaport to import most of his goods into SE, and then they keep quiet.Lol! Same goes for the airport, why are Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna and Kano the only functional airports in the country for international direct flight services? The fact is if you go right now, I mean now, to Lagos and Abuja, count and interview those traveling to international destinations, I assure you over 50% are Igbos. Then why can't they travel directly from Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Asaba or Port Harcourt? Same goes for their goods...all these companies Reno talked about in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha import their goods via Lagos port, that's over 1000 kms drive and paying all kinds of customs fees and bribes on the way to finally make it to SE, and you tell me this is fair?

Yorubas...how will you people feel having to drive 1000kms to SE to fly and clear your goods? Not only do you do this one time only but a constant thing for the past 50 yrs? And you think it's ok? Yorubas....where are your conscience? Do you people have feelings at all? Do you have hearts? I commend Fayose and Fani but more yorubas need to come out and condemn this evil and wickedness!

Where are this your reasoning during the last administration? Una just dey get sense now? Abeg no be Yoruba be una problem bu IGBOS themselves.. Why can't they use Enugu airport instead they rather fly to Abuja or Lagos first..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:35pm On May 26, 2017
konfused:
To all and sundry who says Igbos are not marginalised, can you give one tangible reason for the anomaly that Reno pointed out.

It's very obvious, but due to the hatred they have for Igbos, they will say it doesn't matter.....

Sometimes I wonder what is it about the Igbos that makes every other tribe in Nigeria hate them.
When it comes to all ills associated with Nigeria, all other tribes re not exempted, so why the hate.

Name any crime associated with Nigeria, you will not fail to see an individual from every tribe that has been involved one way or the other.

So why always the IGBOS.

Ka Chineke nyere anyi aka.

I wish Reno have the brain to say this during GEJ Govt.. So na now una sense start dey work abi? hahhaa

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:36pm On May 26, 2017
evilyoruba:

Don't say that, at least their govt. Tried making Enugu international airport, which angered the diabolical afonjas

tried making? hahhaha so na now they know they needed airport?
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 4:37pm On May 26, 2017
crackhouse:
True talk and ngige the lost sheep was busy talking nonsense.

Shut up your mouth jor, So where is Reno brain when GEJ was in power?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by deomello: 4:52pm On May 26, 2017
konfused:
To all and sundry who says Igbos are not marginalised, can you give one tangible reason for the anomaly that Reno pointed out.

It's very obvious, but due to the hatred they have for Igbos, they will say it doesn't matter.....

Sometimes I wonder what is it about the Igbos that makes every other tribe in Nigeria hate them.
When it comes to all ills associated with Nigeria, all other tribes re not exempted, so why the hate.

Name any crime associated with Nigeria, you will not fail to see an individual from every tribe that has been involved one way or the other.

So why always the IGBOS.

GEJ, PDP and the same omokri obviously hate you and you even hate yourself more for falling for their blame shifting and ignoring the part your own governors are playing when it comes to development.

The only people you should blame are the people you voted for to look after you unless you voted for and follow the PDP for 16 years just for fun and not for them to return the favor in terms of development.

Now that they failed you, they are pointing fingers at a less than 3 year old government as if their own 16 years in power and the largest revenue in the history of Nigeria.

Smaller and even poorer states built their own airport so what's wrong with the supposedly riches, smartest and industrious people in Nigeria building their own?

The only enemies I see are your own leaders and lousy political strategies.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Adonike(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:
What is funny is some Nigerians particularly yorubas think it's natural and okay for Lagos to have 2 seaports and largest functional international airport by design and for SE to have none. Some actually think Lagos has all these ports and airport by merit. When you try to to reason with them that why are Port Harcourt, Calabar, Warri, Onne and Onitsha ports not as functional as Lagos ports, they come up with all manners of excuses but you tell that that Dangote is using Calabar seaport to import most of his goods into SE, and then they keep quiet.Lol! Same goes for the airport, why are Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna and Kano the only functional airports in the country for international direct flight services? The fact is if you go right now, I mean now, to Lagos and Abuja, count and interview those traveling to international destinations, I assure you over 50% are Igbos. Then why can't they travel directly from Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Asaba or Port Harcourt? Same goes for their goods...all these companies Reno talked about in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha import their goods via Lagos port, that's over 1000 kms drive and paying all kinds of customs fees and bribes on the way to finally make it to SE, and you tell me this is fair?

Yorubas...how will you people feel having to drive 1000kms to SE to fly and clear your goods? Not only do you do this one time only but a constant thing for the past 50 yrs? And you think it's ok? Yorubas....where are your conscience? Do you people have feelings at all? Do you have hearts? I commend Fayose and Fani but more yorubas need to come out and condemn this evil and wickedness!

My best comment on Nairaland so far!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by konfused: 5:02pm On May 26, 2017
deomello:

GEJ, PDP and the same omokri obviously hate you and you even hate yourself more for falling for their blame shifting and ignoring the part your own governors are playing when it comes to development.

The only people you should blame are the people you voted for to look after you unless you voted for and follow the PDP for 16 years just for fun and not for them to return the favor in terms of development.

Now that they failed you, they are pointing fingers at a less than 3 year old government as if their own 16 years in power and the largest revenue in the history of Nigeria.

Smaller and even poorer states built their own airport so what's wrong with the supposedly riches, smartest and industrious people in Nigeria building their own?

The only enemies I see are your own leaders and lousy political strategies.

The most annoying rhetoric you guys use is GEJ this GEJ that, Buhari this, Buhari that, dude we are talking about years of marginalisation since the civil war ended.......

Wetin concern me with GEJ and Buhari.......

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Prince16: 5:08pm On May 26, 2017
konfused:

So why always the IGBOS.

As in ehn, I also wonder too o.
They hate u in yorubaland,
They hate u in hausaland,
They hate u in Indonesia,
Theyvhate u in south Africa,
They hate u in Malaysia,
They hate u in India,
They hate u in new Delhi,
They hate u in jarkata,
They hate u in Vietnam,
They hate u in Bangladesh,
They deny u Jewish citizenship in Israel cos of jealously,
Infact, they hate u worldwide.....and u don't pause to think if u've done sth wrong?
Now I know why u are confused konfused

#victim_mentality!

SMH

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by konfused: 5:12pm On May 26, 2017
Prince16:

As in ehn, I also wonder too o.
They hate u in yorubaland,
They hate u in hausaland,
They hate u in Indonesia,
Theyvhate u in south Africa,
They hate u in Malaysia,
They hate u in India,
They hate u in new Delhi,
They hate u in jarkata,
They hate u in Vietnam,
They hate u in Bangladesh,
They deny u Jewish citizenship in Israel cos of jealously,
Infact, they hate u worldwide.....and u don't pause to think if u've done sth wrong?
Now I know why u are confused konfused

#victim_mentality!

SMH

Take it easy dude before you bust your nuts.........lol
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Prince16: 5:19pm On May 26, 2017
Wish he had said this much earlier...
OK, uve bn sighted!
embarassed
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Damicute(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:

Afonja...you can never reason with them even if you show them facts...never!
.I am Yoruba boy sorry to slam my people. Why is Yoruba people full with intense Hatred for the IBO?.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Prince16: 5:28pm On May 26, 2017
:-
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by Prince16: 5:33pm On May 26, 2017
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 5:48pm On May 26, 2017
Ballmer:

I will ignore the unverifiable figure peddled here but Igbo should stop allowing themselves to be ridiculed by folks that had the well with all to help their cause but did nothing when they can but instead chose to score some cheap political point when they have nothing to offer. It is sad that Igbos with all their sophistication can not take their destiny in the hands.

The SW is building three great infrastructural projects without a single support from the federal govt. All these project are initiated without any Yoruba being the president, VP, senate president, deputy senate president, speaker , deputy speaker or Holding the office of the SGF during commencement period of these projects which clearly shows that political appointment is no prerequisite to national or infrastructural development.

The SW at the moment is building a seaport, eko rail, lekki Atlantic. These projects will define the landscape of the region obviously for the beta in future to come. Omkri queried the marginalisation of Igbos but ignored Buhari did not only cancelled a rail project initiated by Jakande led Lagos govt but incurred several millions of debts on the state in the process yet you do not see the Yoruba lamenting Hausa Fulani or Igbo marginalising them.

One dare not think of the outcry Igbo will ridicule this country with should this happen to them. Omkri claim the east produce millions of shoes daily and queried why there is no airport in the east like they need the airport to ferry the produced shoes.Concerning Abia n Anambra being heaviest commercial traveller I will rather ignore this until a proven verifiable data to that effect is made available.

Igbo should fight for what is beneficial to them in every context they deem fit but should not allow sycophants like Omkri becloud their judgment while he caress their bruised ego to stay relevant. Omkri was a nobody before Jonathan and he will stay a nobody in the history of Nigeria. The Igbo on the other hand is an integral part of Nigeria and their grievance should be channelled to the appropriate authority. The Igbo had enduring alliances with the north it's time those alliances are put to use.

All the cry about marginalisation which i agree is there will not be solved with another cry of victimisation. Igbo should help themselves just like the SS and SW does at least till they have their freedom. Personally i believe Buhari does not owe the majority of the Igbo a thing even if they wail to heaven. The Igbo should henceforth define their desire each time they go into an alliance with any other ethnicity to produce the president.

Igbos should define if it is preferable to have their son as service chiefs, build vital infrastructure, hold powerful positions, earn enormous contract etc that they want for their support in enthroning a govt and ensure the agreement is followed to the latter btw them and whoever they had such agreement with instead of disturbing the rest of the country with cries of marginalisation. The Igbos are not more marginalized than the NigerDelta that produce the bulk of the wealth of the nation. I doubt if they are more marginalized than the Yorubas and even the HausaFulani they cry are marginalizing them.

God bless you jare my brother, IGBOs are the enemy of themselves, about 70% of IGBO billionaires build the headquarters of their businesses in Lagos of Abuja, Peter build a massive shopping mall in Abuja and they expect growth to come to South East..

Where is that Omokri when GEJ was in power, was he blind to all this then? I could not agree more with your submission..
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by deomello: 5:53pm On May 26, 2017
konfused:

The most annoying rhetoric you guys use is GEJ this GEJ that, Buhari this, Buhari that, dude we are talking about years of marginalisation since the civil war ended.......

Wetin concern me with GEJ and Buhari.......

Your are free to cry about what happened since independence, but you can not excuse 16 years of PDP and the people you voted for to look out for you, thee same people you still call your heroes. They accumulated the largest revenue in the history of Nigeria and left you with nothing, but you still don't want to talk about that because you people are disingenuous and less concerned about anything.

If the FG is marginalizing you by not doing all the rubbish omokri listed, please show us the states where the FG did built new airports, new roads, new bridges and so on.

If the FG neglected your states, they the rest of the country should be crying too because the FG did not do anything for them, they are not sitting on their hands or crying everyday, they are building their own airports, roads and bridges. They are not sitting around claiming victim.

Are you state leaders allergic to doing things on their own?

Are they not collecting taxes and allocations just like other states... ?

You say you are the smartest, you are the riches, you are the most industrious, you own the whole of Lagos and Abuja, but you still cry everyday that you don't have anything so exactly what do you want us to believe?

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by chngebeginwthme: 6:09pm On May 26, 2017
xcolanto:
Reno is spot on! Why can't an Igbo man rule this God forsaken country? How can we claim to be one people yet they oppress the Igbo's for fighting for their rights to govern and control their resources.
This nation is doomed and can never work.
Without equal rights and justice no country can prosper.

LOL what a question, Well in 2003 Ojukwu contested for President and did not even win in his own Local Government.

Since 2003 IGBO man have been contesting for President please did you vote for any of them? All you do if vote for PDP no matter who the candidate is hahha..

Cry me a river..

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by louwie(m): 6:41pm On May 26, 2017
bkool7:

I've answered your question ( NO you have not ! . The question is still there it's okay if you don't know why. i don't know either)

Its not compulsory that igbo must be everywhere.( I agree with you but then is it not then ironical that we have something called federal character in our constitution ?)

Its the president perogative to appoint people. (No one is arguing that but you will admit that there must be some sort of mischief at play here, why no head of state or president since 1914 ever appointed the easterners as comptroller general of customs )

You can't mandate Buhari to appoint an Igbo man as CGC just because Igbos have not serve in that capacity before . (No one is mandating buhari, this is my humble observation that i told you in close confidence grin as my new friend, remember i said, ponder on it. I also am not aware of any group agitating for this, if there is, i personally think they can.)

Is it Buhari fault (No ! It is not buhari's fault, it did not even start from him and it will be total madness for anyone to expect the buhari we all know to appoint any easterner, after all, a lot of investors need ROI grin )

why are Igbos just aware they never serve in that capacities before and its now they must ? I cannot speak for Igbos in general like i said before it is my humble observation and i have known this fact for a couple of years now.

What's so speacial in it ? It is special !!!!!!!!!!! very special !!!!!!!! (i can't believe you even asked that shocked)

Do you know we have about 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria ? (Ofcourse ! but we have 3 main tribes as well)

Lets concentrate on govt performance rather than our son must be there . I am very suprised you said this cause it is completely off the point but since you mentioned know that i agree with you on this completely !

Find my response above in brackets and bolded. I do hope you find them satisfactory.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by etzskillz(m): 6:56pm On May 26, 2017
ur broda GEJ aka Mr LOOTer king also marginalized d igbos what did he do for d igbos in is six years in office, just few weeks back Dickson claimed Mr LOOTer king six years is a waste to south south
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by konfused: 6:56pm On May 26, 2017
deomello:

Your are free to cry about what happened since independence, but you can not excuse 16 years of PDP and the people you voted for to look out for you, thee same people you still call your heroes. They accumulated the largest revenue in the history of Nigeria and left you with nothing, but you still don't want to talk about that because you people are disingenuous and less concerned about anything.

If the FG is marginalizing you by not doing all the rubbish omokri listed, please show us the states where the FG did built new airports, new roads, new bridges and so on.

If the FG neglected your states, they the rest of the country should be crying too because the FG did not do anything for them, they are not sitting on their hands or crying everyday, they are building their own airports, roads and bridges. They are not sitting around claiming victim.

Are you state leaders allergic to doing things on their own?

Are they not collecting taxes and allocations just like other states... ?

You say you are the smartest, you are the riches, you are the most industrious, you own the whole of Lagos and Abuja, but you still cry everyday that you don't have anything so exactly what do you want us to believe?

Dude, can I ask you something personal? Where do you reside? Have you ever been to the SE?

If NO......I rest my case ....

If YES......then you will have a first hand experience of what we re crying about.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by AntiPonzihater: 6:57pm On May 26, 2017
Worth Reading

HOW CAN WE FORGET WHEN THE TORTURE IS STILL ON? "YES WE REMEMBERED!

They called on all grown men in Asaba to gather and shout One Nigeria, and as they gathered, Murtala Mohammed and his gang of Nigeria evil soldiers opened fire on thousands of these civilians, killing almost all of them instantly. They inspected the corpses and shot seeming survivals in the head at close range. It was very few that made it alive. Men weren't buried because their was scarce men to do the job. Imagine the stench, the smells and the diseases this caused Asaba people and it's environs. Women lost husbands, brothers, uncles and friends. There were no much men to marry the teaming young ladies left in Asaba. The method used in Asaba were quite different from what happened in other places like Ikwere. In Ikwere no one was gathered to be executed. They were simply told to deny being Igbo. They rush out in their numbers and started denying being Igbo. They felled in love with the letter 'R' and started corrupting their languages, names of villages and towns with the letter R. Umuokoro became Rumuokoro, and Umuobi became Rumuobi. In no distant time almost all the kids growing at that time lost their identity, or suffered identity crisis. The evil genocide committed against the people of Asaba is something we can't stop talking about. The reason for this genocide is simple. Destroy all traces of Igbo people across Niger. Let them be trapped into what they today call South East. In the spirit of subjugation, the Nigeria government didn't stop at the genocide, they continued it with policies. Every of their policies was to keep Igbos and entire South South down. Even when Igbos are many in today's South South, the Nigeria government divided them into two, cutting off brothers. Some towns where divided into two, some became South East and others South South. As we celebrate the 50years of Biafra, we can't forget the massacre of Igbos in Asaba, the effort of every Biafran who willingly joined the Biafra army and those conscripted into standing tall for Biafra. We can't forget all the children that suffered Kwashioko because of the blockade policy of Gowon and Awolowo. We can't forget those that were taken to Gabon for treatment but never made it back. We can't forget the mothers that were with child during the war, mothers who have to breastfeed their children when suffering from severe malnutrition. Not forgetting the girls brigade, those gallant women who fought alongside men, in that war of survival. How can we forget those killed in Aba and their bodies mutilated and dumped in borrow pit by Buhari's military. You are not forgotten those killed in Onitsha. That young little girl that was shot down by careless military men on her way to school can't be forgotten. The undergraduate lady that met her death on her way back to school in Onitsha can't also be forgotten. Many has sacrificed a lot. We can't forget. We remember you all. When we sit at home, it's for all of you. For all we suffered together. Biafra is here, it's certain. Happy survival to all of you daughters and sons of Biafra. I am Elochukwu Nickolas Ohagi trying to make irrelevant things relevant" Elochukwu Nicholas Ohagi #FreeBiafra #Biafrexit Share/Circulate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by deomello: 7:49pm On May 26, 2017
konfused:

Dude, can I ask you something personal? Where do you reside? Have you ever been to the SE?

If YES......then you will have a first hand experience of what we re crying about.

What's this rubbish got to do with what I said?

Have you been to other states to?

The question you need to answer is " Why are other/poorer states building their own airports instead of sitting and crying?

Your governors collect taxes and allocations like the states building their own roads, bridges and airports.

Face your useless governors and the fact that you say you are the richest, you are the smartest and you own the whole of Lagos and Abuja means you shouldn't be crying over common airport, you should be building them left and right in your village.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2017
Maybe you also need to take a trip to Oyo state outside of Ibadan; visit Kwara State apart from Ilorin and Offa, then go to some North Eastern states too for a tour. And if you have enough time to spare, visit Kebbi, Zamfara and Sokoto, maybe when yoh see how far from civilisation some of these places are, you will begin to agitate not just for the SE but for all those other areas where there's clear marginalisation. These people have not resorted to wailing but have decided to work their way out and make the most of what they have
konfused:

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by koladebrainiac(m): 8:02pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:

Brother you are wrong

Ask yourself this
How many seaport do we have in Nigeria ?
Let me tell you
We have only 2 seaport that is Tin can n Apapa seaport . sorry there are other ports in Nigeria that are not commercially viable.

Why do u think Lagos seaport is viable ?
Because of its nearness to Atlantic ocean
Is anambra or Abia near to ocean ? No

Do Anambra n Abia deserve to have Seaport ? Yes
Are they maginalized? The answer is yes
Do Niger deserve seaport ? Yes are they maginalized ? Yes

Do Ibadan deserve seaport yes n they are maginalized

Now let me tell you
Lagos state is presently building seaport in badagray n Lekki deep seaport

Why cant anambra do the same ?
I have not seen or heard of free trade zone in anambra or abia

Caliber has free trade zone with seaport which attracted lots if investor including dangote

If Anambra can create a free trade zone n attract the likes of Dangote n Innosson n partner with FG then it shud be win win for east
But you wont do this
You will rather claim victim even during Jonathan administration

After Jonathan loss you still bitter n want Buhari head on spike n you cant shift allegiance n support buhari n to get what you want. This is called politics

If an Igbo man becomes president of Nigeria today. I can bet you
Yoruba wud support u guys n we will still manage to get whatever is necessary .its called being smart.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by fkj950ax(m): 8:03pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:

Again, you are not getting my point. I agree with most of the things you said with respect to state government playing an active role but you are not getting my point of systematic marginalization of Igbos. This supersedes the points you raised. It's just like racism, where some whites would openely say...we hire all races but behind the scenes, that is...systematically, they may not hire Blacks.

Seems the Igbo's like the marginalization!
Why they heck aren't they doing anything about it.
Stop complaining and blaming others for being marginalised.
Systemic marginalization is all I hear from you guys.
Repeated mentioning of it has programmed you all to being helpless.
If they gather round to provide these infrastructure, will FG send army to kill the governors and senators and reno and elumelu and ovia and Ben Bruce?
I don't get what point I am not getting.

I am charting a course post marginalization, but all the comments seems to be let status quo continue?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by koladebrainiac(m): 8:12pm On May 26, 2017
As if other parts of Nigeria are not maginalized
Come to kwara state

The thing is most western Nigeria citizens dont directly blame FG
They blame their state governors
Thats why u see us changing governors n party every election years

Unlike east that have forever depend on PDP

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by abescom: 8:13pm On May 26, 2017
evilyoruba:

Don't say that, at least their govt. Tried making Enugu international airport, which angered the diabolical afonjas
waiting for your evidence or did you lie?
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by segunotiti(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2017
This point makes no sense. Because in the south west we have just one commercial Airport too, same with the number in the south east. so what's the fuss about.
Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:19pm On May 26, 2017
You should take time off the Internet and go to some library with good books on Nigeria to read about our history.
During the first Republic where we had a government of Igbos and Hausas.The Yoruba were pushed out of the loop, save for a few appointments of yorubas who were NCNC members. All the other posts were held mostly by Igbos and hausa/fulanis. We had Igbos heading the Senate and House of Rep at the same time (Joseph Wayas and Jaja Wachuk), Army, Foreign Affairs...
They didn't stop there. The coalition went ahead to disrupt the electoral process in SW to crush the opposition and arrested many of the Action Group members and other social activists. Our region was thrown into chaos. No one cried for us. We held on
We didn't cry marginalisation.

Rather we licked our wounds and sat back to re-strategize. And when we got the opportunity to take a good slice of the federal government again, we increased our advantage and stakes.

It is not our fault if all your sons and daughters that have held political positions since independence did not have the political skills to switch things to your advantage. They were obviously arranging for themselves only. (if we should do a headcount, you Igbos would have had more appointments overall than Yoruba since 1960)

When Abacha came in again, we took a stance against him. Your people had good access to him (Jim Nobody, Walter Ofonagoro, Uche Chukwumerije, Daniel Kanu...)
What did they do to gain political advantage and allocations for the SE?

You guys need to humble yourselves and return to the Yoruba to reach you good politics and how to play it smart. (Our Son Ajayi Crowthorne wrote the Igbo bible and gave you people your first written alphabets and a learning primer) We can continue teaching you.

Wailing won't do any good.

N.B: Nigerian manufacturing sector is not dominated by Igbos. You don't own half of what stake Indians, Lebanese, Israelis, Yoruba and Hausa hold in this sector. You have however shown good strength in the light industry subsector

xcolanto:

I am not going to go too deep into this because if you cannot see a thing I cannot force you to see it. Marginalisation is a thing of feelings to some extent and if I feel that way you cannot see it but I can explain to you how I feel and why I feel that way. To you it might be of no consequence but to me it means a lot. What am I trying to say? You claim the lopsided appointments would be of no help to the SE but that's your point of view not that of the SE. It might be of no consequence but there is something called a sense of belonging which is needed in nation building. This the SE has been schemed out off on all fronts, be it projects, FG presence, appointments etc. This is not a good feeling and can stire up feelings of resentment, abandonment and neglect. This in all sense can therefore pass as marginalisation but not to you. The government has not scored well in this regard and it's unhealthy and outright wrong.

As for the manufacturing sector dominated by the SE, it's would have been wise If the APC lead government had provided incentives and palatives to quoshion the negative effects such a policy would have on a people who's livelihood and regional development depends on such a crucial sector that sustains the non oil revenue of Nigeria to a large extent. It wasn't up until some months ago was forex made available to that sector of which many still find it hard to access. In this regard many manufacturers have moved out of Nigeria to do business in boardering countries. Do have in mind that the government has not provided the needed environment for such companies to thrives in the first place, such as electricity, good roads, security etc.
However in sector as BDC dominated by the Hausa the government was quick to intervene, enriching their kinsmen to billions of dollars, a fact sanusi attested to. Also the petroleum sector dominated by the north was also earlier supported while other sectors where left to rot.

As I said its a feeling that cannot be ignored and am sure millions of people would agree with me on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:24pm On May 26, 2017
Systematic marginalisation my yansh!

So if Air France or Delta Airlines refuse to fly from Enugu because of low commercial viability, FG must force them to? And if FG doesn't, then the Igbos are being marginalised?
Why can't I fly out from Ibadan too? Should I say being systematically marginalized too, even if Ibadan airport doesn't seem commercially viable ?
Heathrow, Stansted amd Gatwick are just few miles apart amd are all very busy year round- because of commercial viability
Real2020:

Same reason why SS can't use their international airports to travel out or use their seaports. We all have to go through Lagos and Abuja to fly and to Lagos to ship and clear our goods. Have you tried to fly from Enugu or Port Harcourt to America, Canada, Europe and Asia? You can't. There is something we call systematic marginalization that you yorubas are unware of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Youths Cover Beer With Voter's Cards, Chill With Ofe Nsala / Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi / PMB IN JOS: The pictures of the Aerial View Of The Streets Today and more

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.