Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) (10512 Views)

Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Tax Default: Birs Seals Uba, Access Bank, Others In Benue / Tax Liabilities: BIRS Seals Zenith Bank, Fidelity, Others In Makurdi, Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by CastNigeriaMedia: 7:07am On May 26, 2017
In Makurdi the State Capital of Benue, Benue Internal Revenue Service (BIR) had Sealed up Fidelity, Zenith Bank, among Others over TAX LIABILITIES.

It was half day at work yesterday, 25th May, 2017 for staff of Zenith, Fidelity, Skye and Unity Banks in all the branches within Makurdi metropolis, Benue State as the Executive Chairman of the State Internal Revenue Service Mrs. Mimi Adzape-Orubibi led an Enforcement team to distrain by sealing the premises of the aforementioned banks for neglect, failure or refusal to pay their assessed PAYE Taxes/Liabilities.
According to Mrs. Orubibi, the Taxes/Liabilities (Best of Judgement Assessment) for Skye Bank Plc Makurdi amount to One Billion Naira (N1, 000,000,000.00) only for the 2009 to 2014 Tax years. That of Unity Bank stood at One Hundred and Five Million, Four Hundred and Fourteen Thousand and Forty Four Naira, Thirty Kobo (N105,414,544.37) Only for the 2011 to 2015 Tax years.
Fidelity Bank on the other hand owes One Hundred and Thirteen Million Nine Hundred and Fifty Nine Thousand One Hundred and Fourteen Naira Thirty Three Kobo (N113,959,114.33) only for the 2009 to 2014 Tax years. After reconciliation, Zenith Bank has been found to be indebted to the sum of Two Hundred and Thirteen Million Nine Hundred and Fifty Seven Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Eight Naira Ninety Four Kobo (213,957,338.94) only.
Speaking after the exercise, the Executive Chairman said Fidelity, Skye and Unity Banks were given Best of Judgement Assessment because they refused to cooperate with BIRS for a successful Audit Investigation. Zenith Bank on the other hand, submitted all the documents requested by the board but refused to pay after the audit exercise within the 7 days provided by Law.
Some Customers who spoke to Newsmen during the exercise expressed satisfaction with the closure of default banks, lamenting how banks deduct their monies at will in the name of Withholding Tax, Vat, Commission and so on without remitting to appropriate authorities.
Meanwhile, most of the Bank Managers appealed to the Management of BIRS to give them more time to communicate with their respective Head Quarters for necessary action but their request was turned down, on the grounds that they had more than enough time to do the needful.
SOURCE: http://castnigeria.com.ng/birs-seals-zenith-bank-fidelity-others-in-makurdi-benue-over-tax-liabilities-photos/
cc lalastciclala

1 Share

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by CastNigeriaMedia: 7:08am On May 26, 2017
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by eezeribe(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2017
They want us to pay tax... They use tax payers money to buy mansions and private jets.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:15am On May 26, 2017
Copy Fayose....dump about six Mack truck loads of sand at their entrances

1 Like

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by DWJOBScom(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2017
oya o
We must get all our funds from them. All unremitted cash must be fetched back

2 Likes

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:47am On May 26, 2017
See Zenith bank sef
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by vecman22(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2017
Close every stupid bank owing..
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2017
Great news. I was hoping to see Diamond Bank there. That nonsense bank recently deducted 800 naira from the little change in my account all in the name of stamp duties charge. cry E pain me ehn.

And that Access bank too, that will give you interest of 60 naira and then deduct Withholding tax of 6 naira. undecided

They should just close all of them down.

2 Likes

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2017
Ortom is working grin

Kyase your governor they work now

2 Likes

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Tender1(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2017
After reconciliation, Zenith Bank has been found to be indebted to the sum of Two Hundred and Thirteen Million Nine Hundred and Fifty Seven Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Eight Naira Ninety Four Kobo (213,957,338.94) only.

THE ONLY THING THAT ALWAYS BAFFLES ME IS AFTER SUCH AN AMOUNT IS MENTIONED, THEY'LL ATTACHED THE WORD only TO MAKE IT SOUNDS SMALL. wink

4 Likes

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Harveyspecter46(m): 7:51am On May 26, 2017
Don't you think these banks wouldn't just close shop nd Park out od the state? How much do they generate there? Kind of like fayoshe and gtbank case in Ekiti.

3 Likes

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 7:51am On May 26, 2017
angry sad
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by vecman22(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Ortom is working grin

Kyase your governor they work now

Oga do you get your daily bread from Nl
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:52am On May 26, 2017
smh
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by smartty68(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2017
Banks are the biggest ponzi schemes cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Danjunior(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2017
Yes. Our government is working to shame the Wheelbarrow trawlers
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by talk2archy: 7:53am On May 26, 2017
This nigger just deposited his hit track money to be withdrawn the next day before the arrival of Don Jazzy.

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Rushtec(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2017
They won't seal GTB never
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by smartty68(m): 7:55am On May 26, 2017
Rushtec:
They won't seal GTB never
Lol! Says who?

GTB has the highest cases of fraudulent workers and scammers.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by mr1759: 7:56am On May 26, 2017
a state where governor empower ppl with wheelbarrow how can such citizen make such state economy viable and if the economy of the State is bad how can banks in such environment be strong
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Angy55(f): 8:09am On May 26, 2017
akinsadeez

:
Great news. I was hoping to see Diamond Bank there. That nonsense bank recently deducted 800 naira from the little change in my account all in the name of stamp duties charge. cry E pain me ehn.

And that Access bank too, that will give you interest of 60 naira and then deduct Withholding tax of 6 naira. undecided

They should just close all of them down.
oh boy, Diamond bank sent me an email last week Friday that they will deduct 8500 naira from my money for stamp duty charges in the next 24 hrs. You need to see the way I hurriedly took my bath and went to empty my account. Funny enough, when I got there none of the ATM was paying. I went inside and used withdrawal slip.

How much do I have in the account that they wanted to deduct 8500? Banks and Nigerian politicians in terms of corruption are like 5&6.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by tempex88(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2017
This is how they push away investors from their states. The tax act says 30days not 7days. Plus it is not possible for these banks not to be paying taxes. All I can see is an overzealous BIR chairman.

1 Like

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by OlujobaSamuel: 8:20am On May 26, 2017
tempex88:
This is how they push away investors from their states. The tax act says 30days not 7days. Plus it is not possible for these banks not to be paying taxes. All I can see is an overzealous BIR chairman.
e be like sey u no be nigerian or u don commot tey tey.
virtually all big coys in nigeria evade tax liabilities.
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Tazdroid(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2017
Their respective legal departments may be flushed or the management altogether
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Rider23: 8:20am On May 26, 2017
Nawah
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by josefaith: 8:24am On May 26, 2017
tempex88:

With due respect to your comment, you dont have idea of what is happening there. This banks deduct WHT from customers and they will not disclose fully all monies withheld on behalf of the State. Permit me to say that banks and companies are agent of tax collection to the Government and its their duty to remit all monies collect by them but they will not disclose it fully. How will you feel if you are a business man and your employee short change you? Well it regards to what tax act says, the act says initial assessment can be objected to within 30days while revised assessment deadline can be determined by the Board. Please kindly read PITA 2011 as amended very well. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by bobnatlo(m): 8:28am On May 26, 2017
tempex88:

What nonesensee!!! Oboy do u put ur money in d bank atall. Do u know how much they deduct from peoples account for their many reasons?
Yet they can't pay thier payee tax. Its not as if the bank is paying alone. Its contributed from both staff n them. And also negotiable wt any tax bureau.
Abeg make them pay jare
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by leofab(f): 8:34am On May 26, 2017
Debtors
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Xzbit91: 8:50am On May 26, 2017
tempex88:

You have no idea what you're talking about
Re: BIRS Seals Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Among Others In Makurdi, Benue State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:58am On May 26, 2017
Keneking:
See Zenith bank sef

And so, is because emefiele is cbn governor that they wont pay their tax.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Rated Africa’s 19th Most Attractive Investment Destination / NIMC Clears Over 2.5m Backlog Of NIN Modification – DG / The Quick Way To Deposit And Withdraw Funds On Binary (deriv) In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.