Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Badagry Slave Museum - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Badagry Slave Museum (678 Views)

My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Badagry Slave Museum by travelland(f): 9:40am On May 26, 2017
I took a Nigerian who lives abroad on an expedition to discover his root

He has been living abroad for over two decades and had started feeling the need to discover his foundation

He had heard of the Badagry slave museum through a blog on the Internet and had the swiftly put it on his wish list of he got the chance to visit his home land after leaving as a child

Well, we decided to visit this museum on a sunny Saturday in April 2017. The journey was smooth except for hold ups around Okoko maiko. It took about an hour to get there from Lagos mainland

The actual visit takes you down memory lane, you might end up disliking white people when you see how our ancestors suffered. If you don't have the mind for it, don't go.

Cost per person with instructor N500, without instructor N200.

Here are some pictures of out trip

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Customs Car Crashes Into Newly Acquired RRS Car On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Lost / Forgot My Bag In Transit / Sweden Or South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.