Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Dare To Bare - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dare To Bare (461 Views)

Have You Seen This Toke Makinwa's Dress That Clearly Revealed Her Bare Ass / BBNAIJA! Watch Anto Give Tobi A Sexy Lap Dance During Truth Or Dare 1 / Female Guests Bare Cleavage At Lagos Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dare To Bare by marieprom(f): 11:42am On May 26, 2017
It’s time to brush off those shoulders! That’s because this season is all about shoulder details. Off shoulder. One shoulder. Cutouts. Cold shoulders. And everything in between. This trend has been translated into dresses, jumpsuits – even bridal gowns and swimwear. Yes, shoulders are officially in. From Alia Bhatt and Priyanka Chopra to Deepika Padukone and Sonakshi Sinha, many B-Town celebrities have been sporting the new look. This blast from the (more recent) past was all the rage in the ‘90s — but upon its return, it’s a little less grunge, a little more feminine and the perfect accompaniment to spring denim. So wear that flirty offthe- shoulder outfit for a brunch or a date night and if you are not sure about what to wear on your big night out, just give them a cold shoulder! These pretty Amdavadi models show you how…

AAYUSHI PAREKH

Why this trend?

Summer has always been the season of fashion. Every summer comes with flashing new trends. This summer it’s all about the off-the-shoulder look. From pretty tops with voluminous, ruffled sleeves to glam gowns, like the ones Lily-Rose Depp and Julia Roberts recently wore to the Cannes Film Festival, it seems exposed shoulders are the latest (and chicest) way to show some skin. And unlike abs, shoulders always look good!

Love at first sight

Off shoulder is this summer’s hottest trend. How can one resist without trying them on? I can’t help but try new pieces of this style. The off shoulder trend lets you show off jewellery. An off shoulder top, a statement choker neckpiece and open hair — now that’s fashion.

My style

Off shoulder and cold shoulder are my choices. The balance of this dress makes it look more attractive — plain black off shouldered on the top side and a floral pattern on the bottom is like a cherry on cake. I think this one suits any occasion, whether it is day or night.

Favourite in the closet

The one which I am wearing is one of my best from the closet of this trend.

MEHR MAHAJAN

Why this trend?

For the edgy effect that it gives. It looks sexy as well as subtle at the same time.

Love at first sight

I am very fond of black, so at the first glance I chose this. Also the multi-coloured tassels look very appealing and the cut of the sleeves look amazing. My mom loved it too and she chose this.

My style

I love the one-sided look. It gives a classy edge to my personality.

Favourite in the closet

I have a pink coloured cold shoulder top that I really love as it goes with just anything and makes me look really cute.

ZEAL SONI

Why this trend?

This trend has sustained because it is very comfortable to wear and you can carry it showing very less skin. These tops looks great with any outfits like trousers, shorts, skirts, palazzos and Indian wear too. If you look back at the ’90s, this trend was in, and again the trend is back. I don’t see them going away anytime soon.

Love at first sight

One shoulder tops are a perfect combination of feminity and sophistication. It looks sexy and elegant too. This one sided shoulder makes me look effortlessly chic and elegant. The best part of this top is it suits any type of body and one can wear it without feeling conscious.

My style

All the three looks – off shoulder, cold shoulder and one shoulder — have their own uniqueness. I personally love off shoulder look because these dresses fit perfectly and look cute.

Favourite in the closet

I have an off shoulder denim top with ruffles. It completes the look with white lace embroidery in bottom. That’s my favourite piece!

AARJAVEE SHAH

Why this trend?

Cold shoulder is a trend that compliments every body type and fulfills the desire to show off collar bones and wear flare sleeves at the same time. Also, they are versatile as well as comfortable.

Love at first sight

Once I came across an off shoulder top in grey colour and I couldn’t resist buying it. Since then, I have always loved such tops. They are stylish, flirty and chic.

My style

I love the cold shoulder trend — extremely comfortable even when you want to spin your hands.

Favourite in the closet

I have a cold shoulder batik crop top. An absolute favourite!

EXPERTTAKE

Designer Sanvari Shah gives you tips for off shoulder/cold shoulderdresses.

NEAT HOURGLASS

The best off shoulder or cold shoulder tops are the ones which are simple in cut and style. Adding ruffles or gathers can make you look heavier on the bust. The idea should be to focus on your curves.

FULL HOURGLASS

Wear off shoulder or cold shoulder tops with wider and lower necklines. The idea is to bring the attention to the center and highlight your waistline.

PEAR SHAPED

Off shoulder or cold shoulder tops are your thing if you’ve a pear body shape. This style will give an illusion of bigger upper arms, still looking sexy and that’s exactly what you want. Try finding these tops with scoop necklines. Also ruffles, gatherings or any such detailing at the top will add to your look.

INVERTED TRIANGLE

Choose peplum tops. You can wear one with ruffles or gathering at the hips and elasticised waistlines.

RECTANGLE

Wear a top that can be teamed with a belt to define the waist. Off shoulder tops with a sweetheart neckline is a win-win for you.

ROUND

Dresses with V- necklines or A-line off-shoulder dresses are your fix. Wear structured jacket with a dress. Go for monochromatic dresses to elongate your figure.Read more at:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/short-prom-dresses-uk | http://www.marieprom.co.uk/prom-dresses-shop-in-liverpool
Re: Dare To Bare by Samrakhalid: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
I Agree. Summer 2017 is all about embracing the holiday spirit and enjoying the fun days in sun and parties on the beach. A lot of trends have become popular this summer including off-the-shoulder tops, sheer tops, crop tops and ruffled tops along with wide legged, high waisted trousers or shirts.
These trends were first showcased in the spring/summer collection at the Paris fashion week and have been really popular afterwards.
If you want to buy some of these latest trending summer tops at a reasonable rate you can find them here : https://www.elabelz.com/ar_sa/women-clothing-tops-shirts-blouses/

(1) (Reply)

Summer Fashion Class For Kids (kidpreneur) / Learn The Real Secret Of Cream Mixing With Just 50k / How To Get Rid Of Post-braid Buildup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.