Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria (28382 Views)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / Payporte Staff Not Paid Salary In Months – Pension And Tax Not Remitted In Years / Different Types Of Salary In Nigeria (number 8 Will Surprise You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by southernbelle(f): 4:38am On May 27, 2017
NairaSand:

I sorta kinda disagree.

We all want different things out of life and we have a right to. It's okay if Dingbang want to do business, by all means please do business. Just be kind enough to let those of us that are nor persuaded nor interested have peace.

It's really not too much to ask.

God bless you.
I keep saying this, not everyone is meant to be a businessman or businesswoman.

3 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by irumanle(m): 5:35am On May 27, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Our society is like a ladder. Your salary grows according to your value. What value are you bringing to the market. What differentiate you from other jobless youth. Work on yourself first. Become more valuable. Dont try to change the rain or soil or weather or even seed, work on yourself. Everything is measured according to value. You are not paid according to the amount of time but according to value. Why is the salary of a CEO different from the janitor. Watch demand and supply.
It is not a tragedy to start on a low salary but it becomes when you are not growing. What a pitiful way to live.
I am an employer of labour and get to meet these entitled generation youths looking for a job. They want to buy limousine with their first salary. Money is a reward for bringing value to the market place. If I pay you more than you are worth, then that is suicide
@ LEARN TO WORK HARD ON YOURSELF THAN ON YOUR JOB.
There is no reward for hardest workers. Consider the salary of a daily labourers to your own. They have the most tedious work and yet receive less.
Case closed. Only employers of labour will understand deeply.
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by confiritch(m): 6:04am On May 27, 2017
Like some of the commentators on this topic have said, not everybody is wired to do business. You just have to start from somewhere. In my own case, I engaged myself in agriculture during my undergraduate days to foot my bills and feed myself. Although, I got assistance from my parents, relatives and friends. After NYSC programme, I was retained as a casual staff by my Place of Primary assignment on a salary of #7,000 per month. Instead of going back to the village, I was there for one year and four months before getting another job of #18,000 per month with a lunch ticket of #300 per day. I worked for five months and resigned to enroll for my professional exams. Thereafter, I got a Federal Government job with a monthly salary of #75,000 per month for Grade level 8 step 1. I have been promoted twice in the last eight years and because of increment in salary by FG, my current salary with allowances is above #200,000. The lesson here is to know what you think is the best for you. Follow your passion, whether it is business, career job or even multi-discipline or a combination of career and business. Cheers!!

10 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44am On May 27, 2017
AdeniyiA:
Salary is a bribe given to us to forget our dreams undecided embarassed

Thats What Scammers To People To Make Them Part With Their Money With False Promise That They Will Be Made Instant Millionaires.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by AHCB: 6:49am On May 27, 2017
skarlett:

What a child you are undecided

I won't be surprised that you're a Jambite eating Mummy thank-you and using Airtel cheat to come and spew trash with your rubber band bound Motorolla phone, rubbish undecided
Hope the person you quoted didn't touch a nerve? grin
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51am On May 27, 2017
To Be Rich You Must Sell A Product Or Service, but there are crooks who neither do any of the two instead they decieve people into giving them their monies so that they live large, they despice hard working people make a honest living.
they are real disgrace becos deep down they are living a lie and they know it.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04am On May 27, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Enough with bashing Nigeria

Let's cut to the chase, you're lazy and dumb

Do you have friends ?? Do they live in Nigeria ?? Ain't they successful ?? They didn't waste their time in the University like you

You think it's easy anywhere else ??

It's even hard to get a good paying job in America,
wake up from your dreams, you think America is what they show you on TV ?? You wanna see pictures of the real American?? Many of them live paycheck to paycheck

And if you ever get arrested for any minor offence, you will never ever get a good paying job

Stop complaining, there are millions of jobs in Nigeria waiting for lazy people like you but you're too lazy and not so smart to figure things out

All my family members ​have a good paying job in Nigeria, where do they work ?? In Iraq ??

Stop complaining
What about those people i see every morning going to work, driving an expensive cars and owns a house (they pay everything in cash, no credit, something Americans don't do), where does those people work ?? In heaven ??

m very sure u'v gat no experience, u sound like a university undergraduate or some1 still in his nysc, ya eyes go open soon

4 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by addikt(m): 7:06am On May 27, 2017
cocolacec:

Unfortunately You can only afford to save 200k if you starve and sleep on the street in UK. Half or more of the £1,000 goes to rent,gas and water depending on his locality.The rest of the money will go to feeding,buscard fare ,family demands etc.How much do you think you can really save after all this?

The work is for only 4 hours per day, forgot to include that , and she can do other jobs as well....
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by holyboss: 7:07am On May 27, 2017
skarlett:

What a child you are undecided

I won't be surprised that you're a Jambite eating Mummy thank-you and using Airtel cheat to come and spew trash with your rubber band bound Motorolla phone, rubbish undecided
see this ignoramus. You better grow up and find yourself and stop bullshitting yourself on a 30k work.
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09am On May 27, 2017
Chiefpriest1:

Thank you. Not everyone is wired to do business. Some are just happy with their 8-5 jobs. Do whatever makes you happy.

Don't look down on those who prefer office jobs or impose your opinion on them.

By the way, if we all become sellers, who will buy?

if we all become sellers, people will still buy. if dangote sells spaghetti and hp sells computers which dangote doesn't sell or have, then dangote has to buy a computer from hp. bro change ur reasoning n get sth beta doing

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by chidiebere2020(m): 7:14am On May 27, 2017
holyboss:
Any "Graduate" who work for less than #30000 a month does no deserve the certificate he or she has.

C'mon, 30k is something you can make conveniently without having to be a puppet to any man under the guise of being the boss.

Fu* *ing find yourself and be your own boss exception , of course is the salary is mouth watering.
I doesn't agree with you, a graduate can take d job, if he/ she isn't contented maybe still search for better ones, dont look down on your days beginning. ..............
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by Flow23(m): 7:18am On May 27, 2017
addikt:
Salary in Nigeria is rubbish!!!...

I had a chat with someone who's working at a filling station (petrol station) days ago in UK and she earns £1000 in a month . Imagine when you change that to our Nigerian currency . OKAY, LET'S DO

£1pounds = #300 Naira (definitely more than this )

She earns 1000.

1000 × 300 =300,000

So SHE EARNS 300K EVERY MONTH .

Tell me why wont she be happy and proud of her job, she have bills to pay and she'll still keep some change for feeding and savings ....you're a graduate right ?
tell me what bills you want to pay from 15k per month and where is your savings ...lol
Here in Nigeria, I can't even walk up to a lady that works at a FILLING STATION andwoo her , I will be told I just finished downgrading myself....gosh. sad
HOW I WISH MAKE I BE ONE PETROL SELLER FOR UK, I GO DEY SAVE 200K EVERY MONTH ...HOW MUCH BE THAT FOR 1 YEAR??
How I wish 1£=1naira.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by holyboss: 7:26am On May 27, 2017
chidiebere2020:
I doesn't agree with you, a graduate can take d job, if he/ she isn't contented maybe still search for better ones, dont look down on your days beginning. ..............
Well, in my opinion, it's bullshit. And that is by far the culprit of under development is this Nation. You could imagine a graduate who spent 5-6 years studying engineering, on graduation, he got a job that only pay 30k.

That's very unreasonable. What happened to what he studied, the knowledge impacted? If his knowledge is not sufficient, I'm sure he made some good friend while in school, why can they just sit up and be creative, build something no matter how small. That way, they will be their own boss. And surely the first couple of pay may be little, but business grows with time and so will their skill grow.

Time is too precious for some cheap pay bro!
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by mctowel01: 7:32am On May 27, 2017
AdeniyiA:

He collects wages, go determine the difference
See how you are confidently saying nonsense. Go back to primary school my friend. Messi is on a contract and he is paid salary per week, some footballers in junior leagues ar even paid monthly or fortnightly. Bank teller workers are also on a contract and are paid salaries. Don't be too eager to display your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by Mujtahida: 7:36am On May 27, 2017
willibounce1:
Any small thing about jobs, some people will open their mouth yakata and start talking rubbish about being your own boss. At the end of the day when you ask the idiots what they do, they claim to be inspirational speakers. Them go dey find person wey dem go scam to buy one nonsense tape or e book. Make thunder fire their yansh.
Inspirational speakers are a fraud. Not a fraud in themselves but a fraud in thinking that just by talking to people randomly they'd change and do what you say. Fa fa fa fowl! The thing is like church. Everybody hears, many don't do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by xty50(f): 7:37am On May 27, 2017
NairaSand:

I sorta kinda disagree.

We all want different things out of life and we have a right to. It's okay if Dingbang want to do business, by all means please do business. Just be kind enough to let those of us that are nor persuaded nor interested have peace.

It's really not too much to ask.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by mctowel01: 7:40am On May 27, 2017
holuwajobar:
if he is so rich as u claim...why is he involve in tax fraud
Really?... I m thinking of how to talk to you like a kid. How old are you? How does tax fraud have anything to do with whether one is rich or not? Who told you Dangote is even playing clean? Different countries have different policies and ways of collecting taxes, and typically, taxes increase nonlinearly with earnings. Too bad he didn't have a proper accountant/lawyers who could help him minimize it by the books. What do you say about ronaldo? Salary pass salary kid. Will you tell him to quit playing football at 24 just to be an entrepreneur?

2 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by xty50(f): 7:40am On May 27, 2017
confiritch:
Like some of the commentators on this topic have said, not everybody is wired to do business. You just have to start from somewhere. In my own case, I engaged myself in agriculture during my undergraduate days to foot my bills and feed myself. Although, I got assistance from my parents, relatives and friends. After NYSC programme, I was retained as a casual staff by my Place of Primary assignment on a salary of #7,000 per month. Instead of going back to the village, I was there for one year and four months before getting another job of #18,000 per month with a lunch ticket of #300 per day. I worked for five months and resigned to enroll for my professional exams. Thereafter, I got a Federal Government job with a monthly salary of #75,000 per month for Grade level 8 step 1. I have been promoted twice in the last eight years and because of increment in salary by FG, my current salary with allowances is above #200,000. The lesson here is to know what you think is the best for you. Follow your passion, whether it is business, career job or even multi-discipline or a combination of career and business. Cheers!!
Exactly my thought.thank u sir
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by starlingbawa(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2017
I think Nairaland will be better off if we had many more sensible posts like this one....

Great write up I have to admit!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by eph12(m): 7:55am On May 27, 2017
ReubenE:

thank you very much.
The way some people comment on public fora leaves me wondering whether they are the graduates they claim they are.

Business is not for everybody. People should begin to get that into their heads. Of course, that's what happens when the system fails, people now only see things from a narrow point of view
Doing business is not all about selling. It could also be about providing of service.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by starlingbawa(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2017
Princedapace:

U talked like this? I laugh!! U think na all the expensive cars u see are legit money, abi? My brother.. he never mentioned life is easy anywhere.. but minimum wage in Nigeria is a disgrace..

At least the countries u mentioned already have basic needs sorted out.. we still pay for electricity which we dont get to see and buy expensive fuel.
I dont have strength to argue bikoo.. He did a good write up.. From poor educational system to unfriendly labour market.. who u go blame?

Well said!!!!!
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2017
Op wts ur point exactly....so if evryone is a boss,who wil b d worker?
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by hucienda: 8:15am On May 27, 2017
Nice write-up nairasand.

Round of applause.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by eph12(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2017
ReubenE:

thank you very much.
The way some people comment on public fora leaves me wondering whether they are the graduates they claim they are.

Business is not for everybody. People should begin to get that into their heads. Of course, that's what happens when the system fails, people now only see things from a narrow point of view
One of the problems this country is facing is that we don't have enough solution providers
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by eph12(m): 8:18am On May 27, 2017
mctowel01:

Really?... I m thinking of how to talk to you like a kid. How old are you? How does tax fraud have anything to do with whether one is rich or not? Who told you Dangote is even playing clean? Different countries have different policies and ways of collecting taxes, and typically, taxes increase nonlinearly with earnings. Too bad he didn't have a proper accountant/lawyers who could help him minimize it by the books. What do you say about ronaldo? Salary pass salary kid. Will you tell him to quit playing football at 24 just to be an entrepreneur?
Ronaldo is an entrepreneur. In fact most popular footballers I know are entrepreneurs.
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by chrisj2(m): 8:21am On May 27, 2017
What business? Do you not need start-up capital and good cash flow and steady income from the business in order to pay yourself a wage?

There are too many people trying to do the same business and original ideas and businesses are always a risk especially at this very hard times.

Too many hustlers in nja... Work for a while, build some cash reserves and network before ploughing all your efforts into some silly business that will not even give you #50000 per month.

* The only reservation I have about doing interim jobs is not to take jobs that will not allow you to do something else. Imagine doing a 6-day job from 9-6pm for #20,000 (not graduate but if one does not have backers, those petrol station jobs can be a start)

Too much credence given to going to university and getting degrees or qualifications... Parents sending kids to private schools at age of 2 when they cannot even afford to feed themselves. Unless one is a genius or can easily sell one's self, degree without connections could be a waste; in Nja.
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2017
AdeniyiA:
Salary is a bribe given to us to forget our dreams undecided embarassed

These are powerful words.

Permission to copy.
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by mctowel01: 9:21am On May 27, 2017
eph12:

Ronaldo is an entrepreneur. In fact most popular footballers I know are entrepreneurs.
Yea, he is an entrepreneur, but he is currently working under someone and he got his capital by working under someone. His popularity and fame came from working under people. His original passion will involve working under someone and he is SUCCESSFUL in it. Try to think very well before making an argument. Remind me, how much is your business worth? who are you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by eph12(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2017
mctowel01:

Yea, he is an entrepreneur, but he is currently working under someone and he got his capital by working under someone. His popularity and fame came from working under people. His original passion will involve working under someone and he is SUCCESSFUL in it. Try to think very well before making an argument. Remind me, how much is your business worth? who are you?
If I had known I you are just a boy of 20 years I wouldn't have quoted you.

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by wman(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2017
starlingbawa:
I think Nairaland will be better off if we had many more sensible posts like this one....

Great write up I have to admit!!!

Same though here. Just look at how sane the comments are. I also feel threads that are not longer than one page shouldn't be moved to the front page. These first to comment guys soil the threads.

2 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by wman(m): 10:11am On May 27, 2017
Qriousity:
Great! Seun biko how much do you pay your silly moderators?

Moderators do it for free. But I think they get a hamper every christmas.

Only super moderators are paid.
Re: The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria by verygudbadguy(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Make 200 percent of Ur salary from stealing from Ur employer shei? My friend you are part of the problem we are facing in Nigeria...All of you are just thieves in this country

Naaah. That's not what I am saying. I don't encourage stealing. There are jobs that you are expected to make money by the side. Not stealing.

I am not a thief. I will never be a thief.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) / Unpaid Daar Communication Workers Halt Operations(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.