Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Truth About Getting Admission With Low JAMB Score - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Truth About Getting Admission With Low JAMB Score (2427 Views)

192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities / 2017 List Of Universities That Accepts Low JAMB Score (150) For Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Getting Admission With Low JAMB Score by anthonypeters(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2017
Many JAMB UTME candidates who scored below 180 have been asking me if they have a chance of getting admission. They also ask if they can get admitted into their chosen course of study.

The truth is that one can get admitted with a UTME score as low as 160. I am not sure and will never tell anyone that he/she can get admitted with anything less than 160.

But, you need to get the whole information so you can act accordingly. The fact is: “Most (If not all) Federal Universities does not accept any UTME score below 180 no matter your chosen course of study.”

I have seen many websites and blogs telling students that they can get admitted into premier Universities like the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with UTME scores as low as 150. I laugh when I hear or see such things because I attended a Federal University and know that even the Vice Chancellor cannot offer his son admission into a Federal university with a score below 180 provided it is the approved JAMB cut off mark.

You need to understand that most Federal Universities especially the popular ones like UNILAG, UNIBEN, FUTO, UI, ABU etc already have tens of thousands of students with UTME scores above 200; they would never skip these students to admit candidates with low scores.

The important information here is that once JAMB sets a cut-off mark, Federal universities normally follow them religiously. They do not compromise when it comes to JAMB cut-off mark. If JAMB says it is 180, then it is 180. Anyone below that scoreline does not stand any chance at all.

But then, higher scores like 200 and above will give you a higher chance of getting admitted depending on your chosen course. Competitive courses would normally need higher scores because there are lots of students. The most brilliant ones would have to be considered first.

Also bear in mind that under the new policy, there is no Post UTME examinations, so you don’t have another opportunity to increase your chances.

Some State Universities do consider candidates who have UTME scores below 180, but not all of them. Besides, it won’t be wise you entirely rely on state universities as most do not accept UTME scores below 180.

The only set of universities that normally accept students with UTME scores as low as 160 are the private universities. But we must inform you it is not all of them that accept such low UTME scores. Covenant University for example uses the JAMB approved 180 mark cut-off.

At the moment, private universities do not have quite a good number of suitors, so they would normally lower their entrance eligibility to allow more students to get admitted.

See more at: http://studentinfoportal.com/admission/2017-list-of-universities-that-accepts-low-jamb-score/

(1) (Reply)

Madonna University: School Fee Rises To N980,000 Per Year / FG: Schools Remain Closed! Why Universities Are Not Reopening Yet / Is NECO Accepted Just Like WAEC Overseas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.